Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22664 22665 22666 ... 22705 22706 22707
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-30 18:09:51  
That's not what I said lol.

brazilian lemonade is also good, and it is made from limes.

Unrelated to the soda (and better than the soda, as I like limes)
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-07-30 18:27:23  
Quote:
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Brazilian lemonade

This is NOT a lemon...

I see you finally started bloodborne
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-07-30 18:59:07  
Ran across this and thought it was interesting

https://massivelyop.com/2024/07/29/ultima-onlines-new-legacy-and-crackdown-on-third-party-clients-have-vets-rioting/
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-30 19:43:41  
Cant let ***run rampant for years and then suddenly be like oh now we care, without backlash.

lol
“Both of the existing first-party clients are embarrassing ill-maintained abandonware garbage, and neither constitutes an acceptable commercial product in 2024,”

That sounds realllllllllllllly close to something else often said.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-30 19:55:36  
Seperate post; This is what I always thought would be fun

Broadsword is wrapping up a three-day open beta test for New Legacy, its alternative ruleset server meant to attract fresh blood to the game.

A new server you can't jump to, and actually has rules, preposterous. A thing I've made mention of countless times.
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2024-07-30 21:44:48  
Hard Question to answer

Anyone watch any of the newer Star Trek shows, are they any good?

Discovery?
Lower Decks?
Prodigy?
Strange New Worlds?

As an objective liker of TNG DS9 Voyager Picard etc (the Orville)

They keep putting out more, unlike Enterprise which was pretty whack.
I've watched all of them, and I've enjoyed all of them to some extent.

Disco is pretty rough around the edges, but overall gets better as it goes on. Be prepared for some truly awful directing choices every now and then though. The camera does not have to be constantly moving during a meeting scene aaaaaa. And you might wanna keep subtitles on if you have trouble hearing when characters whisper.
Also DSC s2 is basically a season-long backdoor pilot for SNW.

Lower Decks has been great right the way through. First couple episodes of the first season are a little bit manic, but the show finds it's groove pretty quickly. Has lots of love for the franchise; even the really dumb ***we all try to forget *cough*Threshold*cough*.

Prodigy is kinda weird, but still fun. Very much an entry point to the franchise intended for kids (but not "kiddy"), but also kind of a stealth sequel to Voyager so has things for older fans to enjoy too. Treats Chakotay better in 1 season than 7 seasons of VOY did.

(LDS and PRO also have a few scenes/dialogues that tie into Picard, since they take place around the same time as some of the flashback stuff from that. Taken together the shows do a pretty good job of showing how things end up in the state they're in by the time of PIC.)

Strange New Worlds is just pure Star Trek. It's classic weird-***-of-the-week, but less constrained by budget and things don't just magically reset at the end of the episode. They have a lot of fun playing around with different genres and tones, so if you're binge watching there can be a bit of whiplash, but it's all fantastic. Even with only 2 seasons so far, it's a strong contender for my favourite Trek series overall.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-07-30 21:50:42  
Cant let ***run rampant for years and then suddenly be like oh now we care, without backlash.

lol
“Both of the existing first-party clients are embarrassing ill-maintained abandonware garbage, and neither constitutes an acceptable commercial product in 2024,”

That sounds realllllllllllllly close to something else often said.

Yea that’s why I posted it, sounds very similar to the situation with 11.

Id be curious how they are actually doing detection.
By Pantafernando 2024-07-31 02:37:55  
Good morning you who are in a place with cold morning. Also you who is in a place with cold morning and high chance of rain. And also you who are in a place with cold morning, high chance of rain and still need to go out to work.

Let's hope it at least doesn't rain
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-07-31 09:16:32  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-07-31 11:23:21  
Objectively, I didn't dislike it.

The only one I don't like is Enterprise. Which is the general consensus.
Lol, that's actually one of the better Star Treks.

It just had an intro that mentioned faith, and had some writing influenced by the state of the USA around the time it came out.

Hissing and recoiling, a petition demanding to change its intro got I think 20k sigs?

Trekkies are silly.

Of course, its time travel arc was meh, as most are, and the "last" episode that attempted massive fan service and TNG cameos kinda came outta left field and was a real bummer. Though you see that theory creep up that the whole of Enterprise is just Riker's novel (no real basis for this).

But it had a crew of people from all over earth. The crew was small, so it actually made sense that they were taking bridge members on field work missions.

If it'd gotten its 5th season with the Romulan War it'd probably be beloved. Damn board room cancelled it though cause it had slightly lower viewership than previous Star Trek compounded by the fact that UPN was in decline. Shoulda just moved it to cable.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-31 11:43:29  
Oh, look, Vyre kin is back.

I think its blasphemous he giving more attention to his wife than to us after he got married
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-31 11:48:38  
Asura.Vyre said: »
Objectively, I didn't dislike it.

The only one I don't like is Enterprise. Which is the general consensus.
Lol, that's actually one of the better Star Treks.

It just had an intro that mentioned faith, and had some writing influenced by the state of the USA around the time it came out.

Hissing and recoiling, a petition demanding to change its intro got I think 20k sigs?

Trekkies are silly.

Of course, its time travel arc was meh, as most are, and the "last" episode that attempted massive fan service and TNG cameos kinda came outta left field and was a real bummer. Though you see that theory creep up that the whole of Enterprise is just Riker's novel (no real basis for this).

But it had a crew of people from all over earth. The crew was small, so it actually made sense that they were taking bridge members on field work missions.

If it'd gotten its 5th season with the Romulan War it'd probably be beloved. Damn board room cancelled it though cause it had slightly lower viewership than previous Star Trek compounded by the fact that UPN was in decline. Shoulda just moved it to cable.

I just thought it was super boring. It never had a chance, fresh off the heels of Voyager. It also started right before I went to college so I cared very little about giving it a chance, there were much better priorities.

They tried so hard to make T'pol mirror Seven, it felt really really, sad.
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2024-07-31 12:40:42  
Asura.Vyre said: »
They should bring the cast back for a mini series or movie to give them a proper send-off while it's still plausible. If TNG can get a do-over after Nemesis, ENT can get one to fix These Are the Voyages.
But at least the NX-01 refit proposed for ENT s5 is shown in PIC, so that's nice. Beautiful ship. :I
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-07-31 14:29:56  
I never got into Star Trek outside the borg movies. those were neat
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-31 19:48:40  
Awe ***, the house of the dragon finale leaked early
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-07-31 20:14:58  
Awe ***, the house of the dragon finale leaked early
I am calling it now
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-31 20:19:02  
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-07-31 22:12:41  
I mean, when he got mad at GoT for writing ***it's like then hurry up, bucko. You write "Then Danaerys saw a dragon. It... breathed fire. Biiiig dragon." well time to nap for 8 years and hope I don't die in my sleep before I can finish the next sentence.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-08-01 03:05:27  
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-08-01 03:15:32  
Oh, man.

I started to read a manga wrote by probably the most degenerate human ever.

And that means a lot for the japanese “freedom of creativity”.

The story by itself is normal and fun for its exaggerated situations.

But some jokes the author pulls really throws me off balance. I dont believe many jokes he did, and i generally not susceptible to dark humor, but this guy…
By Dodik 2024-08-01 05:08:12  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
I mean, when he got mad at GoT for writing ***it's like then hurry up, bucko. You write "Then Danaerys saw a dragon. It... breathed fire. Biiiig dragon." well time to nap for 8 years and hope I don't die in my sleep before I can finish the next sentence.

To paraphrase Marvin Hagler (RIP), it's hard to get up at 6am and write when you're wearing silk pyjamas.

Not that RRRRRRR Martin needs to get up at 6am. He also doesn't need to write another line in his life time either.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-08-01 07:50:37  
Pantafernando said: »
Oh, look, Vyre kin is back.

I think its blasphemous he giving more attention to his wife than to us after he got married

More like still working 50 hours a week + commute times and unclogging her hair from the drain, because she sorta only had experience living with her sisters before now. So she got super used to just sorta being a lazy B and letting them unclog the drain all the time. And this is apparent in a lot of other aspects of living too.

And she's working 45 hours-ish. Our schedules don't quite line up because of my commute but also because sometimes she has to work late, and our off days are different.

We can have Saturday afternoon and evenings together, and she was all on board for that... except her family keeps wanting to visit her on her off days/she wants to go visit them, so like the last 3 Saturdays in July I basically didn't see her.

My off days are in the middle of the week, and she got put onto 2nd Shift, so I don't see her til almost midnight. In spite of being able to sleep in, she refuses to stay up more than an hour or so after getting home, saying that if she sleeps in too much it exhausts her. But she needs 8 hours minimum. But then sleeps 10 anyway. And doesn't seem to be setting alarms. And then sleep walks from stress dreams about her job anyway.

So nah, I haven't really been giving my wife attention because she isn't really letting me. I've been doing house hold chores, working, and then with the empty space, playing with my dogs. Play with her cats. Playing video games with the scrap of time leftover.

It's the classic, she really pushed so we'd marry and move in together ASAP once she finished her Chem degree, but then it's not all sunshine and rainbows, so she's frustrated.

She's frustrated and I'm growing paranoid. She started getting really dolled up for work. I'm talkin' like more effort into her appearance to go to work than to go on a date with me. You might think, "Oh it's just that one meme, Vyre." But idk, she's already on a really cozy first name basis with all of her coworkers, and apparently they're making her laugh a ton. And she's telling me stories about apparently in office romance is super common there. Then she says like 9/10 of her coworkers are ladies. And it hasn't exactly been uncommon for her to gush over how hot certain women are.

Makes me feel like I'm gonna get Ross'd in a few months, at this rate.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-08-01 08:11:46  
I see youre having it rough, Vyre-kun.

Changes always take time to get used to them.

Human relationship are certainly complicated, but the most important thing for it to work is having both sides willing to invest on it.

Keep it up, we are rooting for your happiness.

Cheers
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-08-01 08:37:52  
First year of marriage can be rough. There are a lot of expectations going in that are often times unrealistic, new things about the person you didn't know discovered, etc.

My wife and I barely made it out first year of marriage, my wife kept getting pulled into the social media lie that everyone else was perfect and we were the only ones with these issues. It wasn't until we started spending time weekly with groups of other young married folks that she realized everyone, and I mean everyone, had the same problems.

At the time, we both worked, but she worked 10min away and I worked in the middle of Atlanta and had to drive through 3 major traffic chokepoints. I woke up at 545a to get out by 615a or I had an hour commute one way. I was also working a job that I felt really unprepared for, so doing a lot of long hours to keep up including at home, so I was wiped out at the end of the day. She'd get upset that I wasn't doing chores, but somehow I was supposed to be doing things around the house, hanging out with her until midnight, then getting up at 545a ready to go back to work and do it all over again. I was gassed out by the time the weekend came around and she had expected me to do a bunch of stuff, but the reality being I often needed to work or decompress. The idea of having to catch up on work over the weekend was like speaking another language, but was easier to explain than the idea that I wanted to do something other than clean the house.

In her house growing up, their dad basically did whatever they or their mom wanted. It was a very toxic, unhealthy situation, but her and her sisters came away with that as the idea of normal and it took some adjustment to say the least. She needed to balance her expectations out and I needed to realize that my work:life balanced had to change, which unfortunately meant getting another job, but that's a longer discussion. We still have our issues, everyone does, but we mostly figured it out. It just takes some time and communication.

It doesn't help that a lot of people make a big deal about weddings and getting married, so you have this epic party and day they look forward to forever, then it's over and you are just kinda looking at each other like "what now?". When expectations don't line up, it can be really poisonous and take some time to get beyond the post-wedding hangover while you figure out how to live together. You realize it doesn't look like movies, TV shows, etc. Social media is straight up toxic for new marriages and I'd disconnect from it entirely if possible.

It also helps a lot to have other married folks to interact with in the same phase of life, but be careful because a lot of people are content to heap coals on your fires to make themselves feel better, so be on your guard with others and how they are interacting with you and your wife
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-08-01 08:56:18  
Worst thing you can do is fester and not say anything, cause you're just making yourself more soured to her and when you do spend time together it's not going to be pleasant because of it (which makes it more likely something happens you're worried about).

Need to talk that stuff out seriously.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-08-01 08:58:16  
RadialArcana said: »
Worst thing you can do is fester and not say anything, cause you're just making yourself more soured to her and when you do spend time together it's not going to be pleasant because of it (which makes it more likely something happens you're worried about).

Need to talk that stuff out seriously.

This is correct. Communication with your human mate is step one, before seeking input from incels on the interweb.
By Pantafernando 2024-08-01 09:15:41  
Is there a catch 22 here?
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-08-01 10:03:18  
Pantafernando said: »
Is there a catch 22 here?
Streetlight Manifesto is better.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-08-01 10:49:40  
I actually watched Catch 22 just to understand the meaning of that expression, and i was quite surprised by how interesting was the story, and how they managed to record a movie with dogfights back in a time when there wasnt even colors.

But I was referring to the existential void Eirylthrown everyone who read his message.

If we dont take his advice of not taking advice from incels interwebs, then we are taking an advice from an incel interweb.

But if we take his advice of not taking advice from incels interweb, then we cease our existance because cogito ergo sum.

There are only two ways to avoid this nasty trap throwed by him: 1) not even reading his post, thus existing. Or 2. ascending to a reality where Eiryl isnt an incel interwebs.

Till then, we are forever trapped in this purgatory like loophole because cogito ergo sum

Dang
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-08-01 11:09:21  
You were always in the void, location didn't change only the curtain raised.
First Page 2 3 ... 22664 22665 22666 ... 22705 22706 22707