Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22669 22670 22671 ... 22701 22702 22703
By Pantafernando 2024-08-06 18:01:45  
I wonder if I should play XIII-2 or only watch the story.

I suppose it wont hurt starting to watch a longplay till i decide what i will do
By Pantafernando 2024-08-07 02:36:33  
Good morning you who go to sleep early. Good morning you who wake up late.

Good morning you who go to sleep early and wake up late.

Because your body dont recover as fast as once it did.
By Afania 2024-08-07 04:34:50  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
RadialArcana said: »
Everyone that gets a lot of money is an a-hole, you don't become that wealthy by being a nice guy.
Nope.

My grandfather made his first million during the depression. He was a nice guy with CHR 17. But when the fortune depends on one person it unfortunately will vanish on that person's death.

My negative opinion on Elon Musk has nothing to do with his money nor CHR. It has more to do with his political propaganda spam on X attacking innocent people 24/7 for his political ideology.

You can be a wealthy person and still not let political ideology cloud your judgement. Or you can be a poor person and still spam biased propaganda on social media 24/7.

Money doesn't change any of these.
By RadialArcana 2024-08-07 04:48:54  
Afania said: »

My negative opinion on Elon Musk has nothing to do with his money nor CHR. It has more to do with his political propaganda spam on X attacking innocent people 24/7 for his political ideology.

If he had similar opinions to you, you would like him though right?
By Pantafernando 2024-08-07 04:50:00  
political propaganda spam on X attacking innocent people 24/7 for his political ideology.

If you dont frequent garbage tier social media, you cant be attacked by social media.

[+]
By Zehira 2024-08-07 06:43:01  
Elon mostly was never about politics until radical leftists started viewing him as a right winger. That was long before he decided to buy Twitter to stop the censorship.

I am sure right wingers love him just because he is a rich comedian.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-08-07 07:21:06  
They "like" him "for now" because he's a professional ***stirrer, and predictable stock market manipulator and exquisite bribe payer.

A male "pick me".
By Pantafernando 2024-08-07 07:25:05  
Our world is polarizated.

If you take one side, you gonna be supported by one side, and be hated by the opposite side.

People trying to make arguments why hes something or not is most likely someone biased trying to make a point disguised by "analysis"
By RadialArcana 2024-08-07 07:52:02  
Pantafernando said: »
If you dont frequent garbage tier social media, you cant be attacked by social media.

Social media accounts are things Americans can have, in the UK they are far too dangerous. We have no real free speech here (or most western nations for that matter) and you absolutely can be arrested for saying the wrong thing.
By Afania 2024-08-07 08:16:51  

If he had similar opinions to you, you would like him though right?

My problem isn't about HIS political stance. I don't give a damn about other people's political stance. It's part of democracy to have different political ideology.

My problem has always been choice of words. I am against people drawing an equation between two different things only for political reasons. Or attack innocent groups for politics.

You debate with me on this site all the time over choice of words and you still can't see that? Lol.

I've defended for people with different political stance multiple times when they are being attacked for no reason. Just a few weeks ago I defended for Trump when people accused him for faking the assassination attempt, even though I made it clear that I don't support his isolationist pov. His political stance being different from mine doesn't change what is right and what is wrong.

One person's person political stance has nothing to do whether I'll support that particular individual's words or not.
By Afania 2024-08-07 08:33:48  
Our world is polarizated.

If you take one side, you gonna be supported by one side, and be hated by the opposite side.

People trying to make arguments why hes something or not is most likely someone biased trying to make a point disguised by "analysis"

You are right, it's not entirely possible to be 100% unbiased if you have a stance on something. But I believe we can be relatively unbiased with better choice of words.

There are ways to make a point while being relatively unbiased. Don't accuse people for something without evidence. Don't speak from an absolute point of view unless necessary. Don't draw an equation between two different things easily.

Your opinions will be WAY more likely to be accepted as "something different" rather than "something hostile" this way.
By RadialArcana 2024-08-07 08:34:55  
choice of words

You don't understand the mechanics of online discussions.
By Afania 2024-08-07 08:35:58  
choice of words

You don't understand the mechanics of online discussions.

I understand online discussion is full of rage baits. Doesn't make it right.
By Zehira 2024-08-07 08:36:11  
Mainstream media is the left's shield and Elon is the right's shield. Same thing when it comes to fit the narrative.

Elon might not be that smart but he has every right to express his opinions publicly just like leftists have every right after all this is America. The only reason leftists want to attack him is that he has a lot of money power and followers (a lot more followers than Obama has).

Mark Zuckerberg admitted in court that fact checks are just opinions (defending opinions). Facebook probably wouldn't exist in 2030 because of the UK's law. Something Elon wanted to guess.

Anyway, like Arnold Schwarzenegger said, "we are raising a generation of wimps."
By Afania 2024-08-07 08:46:26  
Zehira said: »
Elon might not be that smart

I think he is smarter than average person, he definitely 100% knows what he is doing and he is getting the exact result that he wanted.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-08-07 08:50:06  
Being that he's literate, he is smarter than average.

Not the highest bar.

He's definitely on the autism spectrum as well, a bit of an idiot savant.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-08-07 09:37:24  

You can be a wealthy person and still not let political ideology cloud your judgement. Or you can be a poor person and still spam biased propaganda on social media 24/7.

Money doesn't change any of these.
Money can buy you a megaphone. Musk bought one of the biggest megaphones out there.

I am sure right wingers love him just because he is a rich comedian.
Just because he is a joke that doesn't make him a comedian.

I think he is smarter than average person, he definitely 100% knows what he is doing and he is getting the exact result that he wanted.
Smarter than average doesn't mean he isn't stupid.

He is loudly insulting the left but the right won't buy electric cars. I am positive he did not want Tesla sales to tank. He may not have thought that one through.

He is suing advertisers for not advertising on his troll farm. This is sure to not end with X having more advertisers.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-08-07 09:50:04  
Smarter than average doesn't mean he isn't stupid.
Impulsive and stupid are completely different qualities. He obviously has a capacity for understanding very complex ideas and planning years or decades ahead of time. He also has a pattern of posting or saying things that he feels strongly about without considering the way they tie to his company's prospects. In an ideal world, he would be allowed to have opinions contrary to the way his company operates without it being a detriment to the company. But, that's not how things are right now and he certainly pays a price for it on occasion.

He is loudly insulting the left but the right won't buy electric cars. I am positive he did not want Tesla sales to tank. He may not have thought that one through.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/21/us/electric-vehicles-republican-voters-dg/index.html

The numbers don't seem to back that up. Some vocal republicans opposing electric cars doesn't mean that no republicans buy electric cars. Wealth is a far greater correlation to electric car ownership. It is likely a considerable portion of the republicans 'opposed' to electric cars simply cannot afford them and have sour lemons about it.

He is suing advertisers for not advertising on his troll farm. This is sure to not end with X having more advertisers.
Oversimplification. He is suing a group of advertisers for collusion and it's leaning toward an antitrust situation, something the left is largely in favor of curbing. If coordinated advertiser boycotts were being used to silence the left, I don't think you'd be supporting them. Maybe if you took off your blinders and looked into the facts of the situation, you might feel differently about it, but I won't hold my breath.
By RadialArcana 2024-08-07 10:21:58  
Elon Musk isn't right wing, he is a businessman that understands some balance needs to be brought back.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-08-07 10:27:28  
He has too many right-coded ideas to not be considered right wing. I would assume he identifies as a democrat by the standards of the 90s, and he leans left on some issues, but if you're going to put him in a box he's definitely in the right wing box.
By Zehira 2024-08-07 10:31:53  

Probably because some people believe X is the source of truth. More people, including British people, want to move on to his platform. Even though so, shadow-banning still exists there. That is what makes him smart. His social skills might not be great, but he is a software engineer.

On Facebook, you can easily tell it has censorship.
By Pantafernando 2024-08-07 10:36:31  
I wish he didnt change the name from Twitter.

Twitter is such nice name, and X is so generic one
By Draylo 2024-08-07 10:47:36  

[+]
 Asura.Toeknee
user: Darksyn
By Asura.Toeknee 2024-08-07 10:59:38  
I wish he didnt change the name from Twitter.

Twitter is such nice name, and X is so generic one

I hate that even though he changed the name 2 years ago everyone still refers to it as X (formally known as Twitter). The name change seems silly if we're still actually calling it Twitter
By mhomho 2024-08-07 11:02:21  
Draylo, I like you. You got taste.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-08-07 11:04:30  
My grandfather made his first million during the depression. He was a nice guy with CHR 17. But when the fortune depends on one person it unfortunately will vanish on that person's death.
yeah that behavior is really disappointing me as well, claiming he champions free speech while acting a dictator and deleting anyone that disagrees with him or criticizes him on platform, yikes

I do own an EV though, just not a tesla since true EV cannot survive the drive to my hometown due to the 600 mile range without a charging point in between and no Tesla can survive the distance. But I will probably own a long range Model Y someday for commuting.
By Afania 2024-08-07 11:09:47  
Elon Musk isn't right wing, he is a businessman that understands some balance needs to be brought back.

To be fair, when it comes to economy related issues, such as tax rate, wages, environment protection etc, right wing policy generally favors business people.

I can't imagine people running a business AND agree that a large portion of business gain would be taken away by the government via tax. Or agree on policy that increases wages/energy price which reduces business revenue. This kind of policy is fundamentally putting social equality on a higher priority than economic growth, and it can hurt the benefit of a business.

So it is entirely understandable that a businessman is right leaning due to their role in the society.

However, one can be right leaning and still choose to use reasons and logic instead of relying on emotions when it comes to promoting their political ideology.

Supporting one side is perfectly fine. Propaganda is not though.
By Viciouss 2024-08-07 11:17:45  

Probably because some people believe X is the source of truth. More people, including British people, want to move on to his platform. Even though so, shadow-banning still exists there. That is what makes him smart. His social skills might not be great, but he is a software engineer.

On Facebook, you can easily tell it has censorship.

Elon Musk is not a software engineer. He has absolutely no idea how software works and he has made that ridiculously obvious over the years by just tweeting out random, stupid ideas that had no hope of ever being implemented. There is a reason Twitter has lost 30 billion dollars of value.
By Zehira 2024-08-07 11:41:44  
Viciouss said: »
Elon Musk is not a software engineer. He has absolutely no idea how software works

Even Google doesn't like Elon Musk still tells me this.

By Viciouss 2024-08-07 11:48:48  
It reads as if he wrote it himself, trying to convince the world that he knows what he is doing.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22669 22670 22671 ... 22701 22702 22703