Better Relic Now?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Better relic now?
Better relic now?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-01 21:10:43  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
From what I have seen in BG's testing threads, the FTP are 100% unchanged on the lv 90 version. It's just a straight +x% multiplier. (I forgot the % but I think it was 25?)

So if it woulda done 1k dmg, it would do 1,250 instead.

Ah, lolwikinfo.

That would mean the 90 Relics probably have a hidden Latent Effect of WSDMG+x%, with the latent activated by using the Relic WS then, at least in terms of functionality?
Pretty much
 Cerberus.Zandra
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-03-02 10:55:29  
So after this amount of input I have really 3 insightful opinions?

Serj and Gradd say Rag....
Zicdeh says Apoc....

and everyone else says EMP or GTFO....

Please moar inputs
 Bahamut.Satanas
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2011-03-02 11:06:10  
I'm not saying to GTFO, but Emp would be cheaper and possibly faster to get(unless you have the gil or the currency already for relic).
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-02 11:06:45  
Rag!
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-02 11:18:03  
Cerberus.Zandra said:
So after this amount of input I have really 3 insightful opinions?

Serj and Gradd say Rag....
Zicdeh says Apoc....

and everyone else says EMP or GTFO....

Please moar inputs

Well, what would really help is knowing what you want out of the relic.

If you want the highest DPS of the two options and/or a multiple job roster, Ragnarok.

If you don't mind locking it to DRK, but want a real game-changing weapon, with extreme survivability, Apocalypse.

This is a pretty big call, so make sure you're absolutely positive in what you want out of a relic, before going through with it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-02 17:26:44  
Unless they fix the AM, I really think Apoc will just end up being a Giant disapointment to you, trust me I have one it makes me very emo at the moment compared to what it used to be.

On the other hand I am pretty sure I would enjoy ragnarok.

Apoc in my opinion is one of the worste Relics in the game at the moment, granted all relics are pretty bad right now, but Apoc is considerably bad, it doesnt even do well outside of Abyssea.
 Asura.Ganth
サーバ: Asura
user: Ganth
By Asura.Ganth 2011-03-02 17:33:31  
Unless your sitting on 150M and wanna burn it quick, id suggest wait till 99 and post abyssea before making any final decisions.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-02 17:41:28  
Bravura!
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-02 17:43:13  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Bravura!

Hi Sheelay!!!
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-02 17:43:47  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Bravura!

Hi Sheelay!!!

Heya!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-02 17:50:30  
Hey apoc aftermath lets you cap gear haste without a belt which lets you use Haste belt
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-02 17:54:19  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Hey apoc aftermath lets you cap gear haste without a belt which lets you use Haste belt

lol
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-02 17:55:59  
Totally gonna pound that belt every 3 minutes every hour.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-02 18:00:22  
Hey the recast is 40 min!!! So 13 and you can pretty much full time it! If I had apoc I'd do it.
 Ragnarok.Slade
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Slade 2011-03-02 18:02:23  
Aegis is best, duh!
 Asura.Andradi
user: Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2011-03-03 01:03:47  
Aegis was never good.
[+]
 Alexander.Odaka
サーバ: Alexander
user: Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2011-03-03 01:12:14  
claustrum, ***goes up to 90 now it must be doing something right
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-03 01:14:27  
Alexander.Odaka said:
Endispel is pretty tight yo.

I heard the lvl 90 version can even take off perma buffs from mobs... discuss
By Serj 2011-03-03 01:15:34  
Alexander.Odaka said:

I wonder if they're going to do anything with that stick at 99. Magian trials for it must be a giant pain in the nuts.
By Artemicion 2011-03-03 01:20:26  
Kind of outside of topic, but are Spharai still cool?
I know they're mainly defensive for counter purposes, but do they still dish out decent dmg in and out of abyssea and is final heaven worth a damn?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-03 01:21:57  
Not worth a damn compared to Vsmite
By Serj 2011-03-03 01:23:03  
Artemicion said:
Kind of outside of topic, but are Spharai still cool?
I know they're mainly defensive for counter purposes, but do they still dish out decent dmg in and out of abyssea and is final heaven worth a damn?

Yea, not as good as Verethragna from a dps standpoint, but they're really damn good. Best weapon aside from Vereth.

Final Heaven got a buff at 90 and can be... close or better than asuran I think?

Can ask Tiger or look for the ranking of weapons.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-03 01:26:56  
Even with the boost it shouldn't be close to asuran... and asuran isn't that good anymore. Getting at least revenant should be a priority for mnks
By Serj 2011-03-03 01:41:09  
Of course the weaponskills won't be comparable to VS. But the difference between Revenant Fists +2 and Spharai (outside of abyssea) is massive on a tp dominate job. Revenant Fists +2 out damage Spharai 90 inside abyssea iirc, but the utility that Spharai bring are nice.

iirc it's:

Outside Vere > Spharai > RF+2

Inside Vere > RF+2 > Spharai

And on anything with high def, Asuran sucked nuts. I used HF on most nms (or chi blasted it! Yeaaa 75 mnk CBing ***.). Final Heaven would be better than HF. They'd be situational I'd think.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-03 01:55:32  
Captaincrunch has both Spharai and Verethragna, don't think he's used Spharai since completing Vere... Considering it's entirely possible to cap counter rate (80%) without Spharai in Abyssea I'm not really surprised. Counterstance + AF2 feet + merits = 65% + GH = 75%, just need 5% in gear to cap. Could drop GH and maybe some gear with Spharai, but the AGI is nice enough for tanking that you're not gaining a whole lot by that. Outside Abyssea it'll be a bit more useful, but considering how easy it is to get Smite H2H it's still pretty meh.

EDIT: Why would Final Heaven be better than HF? It doesn't get any sort of cRatio bonus.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2011-03-03 01:57:26  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Unless they fix the AM, I really think Apoc will just end up being a Giant disapointment to you, trust me I have one it makes me very emo at the moment compared to what it used to be.

Apoc in my opinion is one of the worste Relics in the game at the moment, granted all relics are pretty bad right now, but Apoc is considerably bad, it doesnt even do well outside of Abyssea.
Gradd is right, Apoc is pretty much dead :( Could probably tank better DRK/MNK with Cala since WHM's unlimited supply of MP
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-03-03 02:00:46  
Ragnarok has 3 jobs attached to it. I'd do it over Apocalypse just for that reason. Apoc at 90 isn't really so bad. LS bud has it, and even outside of Abyssea he gets up to the 1900~2k margin with Catastrophe consistently. He basically cannot die. Also one time he did a, and I kid you not, 1702 Slice. On Lamprey Lord. It was freaking hilarious.

On the other hand, I've only seen Ragnarok in the hands of dipshits with poor gear, so I honestly haven't even seen it used to its full potential. Neither have I seen it at 90. I'm being ambitious and aiming for it on Warrior, not to make myself the best, but because I like Great Swords on Warrior(*** you Paladin and your Spinning Slash utility too), and because I like the name of its attestation the best(and the damn thing keeps falling to me every time we do a Goubldfaupe whether everyone has passed or not).

So you have a choice of job flexibility, plus pretty rad damage over pretty rad damage and survivability on one job. Honestly though, and I know the OP requested not to bring them up, but if I were a DRK main I'd get Apoc and Caladbolg(it makes Ochains scream). Huzzah for getting everything on one job. >_>;
By Serj 2011-03-03 02:14:10  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Captaincrunch has both Spharai and Verethragna, don't think he's used Spharai since completing Vere... Considering it's entirely possible to cap counter rate (80%) without Spharai in Abyssea I'm not really surprised. Counterstance + AF2 feet + merits = 65% + GH = 75%, just need 5% in gear to cap. Could drop GH and maybe some gear with Spharai, but the AGI is nice enough for tanking that you're not gaining a whole lot by that. Outside Abyssea it'll be a bit more useful, but considering how easy it is to get Smite H2H it's still pretty meh.

EDIT: Why would Final Heaven be better than HF? It doesn't get any sort of cRatio bonus.

That's a damn good point. Forgot relic ws get hosed with that.

Would spharai be enough to warrant going /war to some nms if you have decent support outside abyssea in your opinion? Or rather, would the +25-30 counter be enough to makeup not using VS /nin.

Personally don't see getting Spharai as a goal, and mnk + whm can duo verethragna to 90... Just trying to advocate some use for Spharai.

On the note of relics overall, aren't the rng relics still pretty good because of the fixed enmity values?
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-03 03:17:24  
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

Gradd is right, Apoc is pretty much dead :( Could probably tank better DRK/MNK with Cala since WHM's unlimited supply of MP

Sorry boss x: /comfort

Go finish your GA trials btw! <.<
By Artemicion 2011-03-03 04:11:30  
Bummer. It almost saddens me how much Abyssea is a league of its own and isn't really mutual to the benefits of being outside of it.
I would like to think the benefits of every weapon are universal in utility and power in and out of abyssea but obviously that just isn't the case.

Guess it's a sentimental thing keeping appeal to Spharai.