フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » WAR weapon skill ups
WAR weapon skill ups
First Page 2 3
 Siren.Snowe
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Stewie
By Siren.Snowe 2011-03-06 01:19:14  
Hey guys, i'm just sittin here in konschat hittin on a lizzy with my -pdt stuff and earth staff on skillin it up. Was wondering though, what are some of your ways of skilling up weapons?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-06 01:25:24  
Fortalices until the lvl 82 cap
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-06 01:56:40  
Caitsith.Kilorilo said:
3 regen atmas, afk on crabs in grauberg/misar

With only mounted champion you should be able to survive against a single mob. You can use acc+ atmas (sand emporer/horned beast) or w/e for the other 2 then.

Fortalices are great if you want to afk, but slow I've heard.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-03-06 01:57:51  
There's like 1 out of 8 T1 VNM wind elemental in Grauberg that casts and doesnt melee, i level blu magic on him though but he's easy XD
uber skill ups.

Just hard to find the right one
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-06 01:58:53  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Fortalices are great if you want to afk, but slow I've heard.
Not so bad. Just get a 1-2 dmg weapon full haste and some dual wield if applicable and afk forever. Go to bed come back with a whole bunch of skill
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-06 02:01:01  
Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
There's like 1 out of 8 T1 VNM wind elemental in Grauberg that casts and doesnt melee, i level blu magic on him though but he's easy XD

uber skill ups.

Just hard to find the right one
If you have spellcast can skill up any non offensive magic easy in abyssea - empyreal paradox. Gogo free super refresh without using stones/time
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-03-06 02:12:25  
phalanx II with aggressor/defender/retaliation (even though only retaliation's necessary of the three), one regen atma (ideally mc) and two accuracy atmas with sushi =

150>250 skill in 30mins per weapon np

you get so much tp with the constant retaliation counters too to where you can self-skillchain endlessly until you break [insert wsnm weapon here]'s latent; i did all my wsnm weapons in two mere casually-played days, even with the first day including a vast amount of skilling up prior
[+]
 Siren.Snowe
user: Stewie
By Siren.Snowe 2011-03-06 03:17:27  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
phalanx II with aggressor/defender/retaliation (even though only retaliation's necessary of the three), one regen atma (ideally mc) and two accuracy atmas with sushi =

you get so much tp with the constant retaliation counters too to where you can self-skillchain endlessly until you break [insert wsnm weapon here]'s latent; i did all my wsnm weapons in two mere casually-played days, even with the first day including a vast amount of skilling up prior

Did you have to use any -pdt gear? >.>

~Edit~ woops :x
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-03-06 04:30:22  
swapping to my -phys set would result in me taking literally zero damage 24.7, as seen in the image (and in-turn slowing down the rate of which i'd gain tp, which for single-hand weapon breaking can be rather essential), but that aside, in my tp gear, it was 1-3 damage tops a hit, with the odd critical here and there for 24~ roughly, which mc would regen back in a mere second anyways

ps: may wanna edit your post, quoted me twice ;z lol
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-06 18:25:25  
Siren.Snowe said:

Did you have to use any -pdt gear? >.>

~Edit~ woops :x
Yeah I did the same, its really great for breaking latents on WSNMs as well.
 Bismarck.Bongarippa
By Bismarck.Bongarippa 2011-03-06 18:36:54  
I did mandies in tahrongi same way as above. 3 regen atmas, retaliation, defender, and let em beat on ya. Only prob with those mandies were they dont link so had to pull individual ones, other than that went pretty quick.
 Caitsith.Ejin
Guide Maker
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Ejin
By Caitsith.Ejin 2011-03-06 19:32:26  

Just to add to this: RDM sub works for this method, also. My mule only has whm leveled, so when i'd need to recast phalanx, i'd just time it with the SS from a cure5/6.

Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-03-06 19:34:15  
AFK with low base damage weapons at Zvahl Fortalices. Go to sleep, wake up ~100 closer to the 75 cap. After that, in your normal TP set, with atmas, you should be able to hit enough to proc stuff in Abby. Can skillup while you proc.
 Lakshmi.Guankim
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Guankim
By Lakshmi.Guankim 2011-03-07 08:28:38  
Happen to know the locations of those aggro-free ones off-hand? I wandered there a bit, but the ones I found weren't clear. Wiki says there are four relatively aggro-free ones, but doesn't list where either.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-07 08:33:31  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
AFK with low base damage weapons at Zvahl Fortalices. Go to sleep, wake up ~100 closer to the 75 cap. After that, in your normal TP set, with atmas, you should be able to hit enough to proc stuff in Abby. Can skillup while you proc.
75 cap won't do ***in heroes zones.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-03-07 08:54:20  
The Bieb is right. You'll hit for 0s on regular hits. Only your crits would score skill ups in heroes areas with 75 cap.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2011-03-07 11:12:18  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
75 cap won't do ***in heroes zones.
That's okay because they go to 82 cap now, not 75.

I found h2h to be a pain to skill on fortalices though, since even with bare fists, you still have way higher base damage than you want with 200+ skill. :/ And I wanna get some scythe skill there, but even the lowest DMG scythe (that WAR can use; DRK obviously could use Relic Scythe) is DMG:14. All my other weapons besides Archery/Throwing are too high for there now though, I think.
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-03-07 12:02:34  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
The Bieb is right. You'll hit for 0s on regular hits. Only your crits would score skill ups in heroes areas with 75 cap.

1) What?
2) I dont think thats what TW was saying at all. But i could be wrong
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [86 days between previous and next post]
By Leylah 2011-06-01 18:23:33  
Zvahl Fortalices and overnight skillups are awesome. If you know how to use autoexec, you can keep popping defender and aggressor automatically too.

Using spellcast and a trollbane, I got my throwing skill from 202 to 303 as NIN on a single fortalice. Took over 8 hours IIRC.

Trying to find 1dmg weapons? Look up wiki for trainee weapons. Can also use event weapons (wooden weapons, pitchfork, treat/trick staves, bells) or signet staff.

Chaosbringer is good for GS. Don't know good options for scythe or h2h though.

Took me a while to finish leveling WAR to 90 since I wanted to skillup and finish breaking latents for weaponskills. Still need to do axe...and h2h if I ever level MNK.

Now I look forward to capping my skills the rest of the way in abyssea with retaliation and some juicy atmas!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
By mortontony1 2011-07-13 13:38:26  
Somewhat of a necro but I need answers. I can only have 2 atmas, only like 3 ZB killed and all I have is gaxe leveled. I have no problem skilling up the normal way, but I found this thread. Would Sea Daughter (30hp/tick daytime I have no problem only being able to work in only half the day) and Horned Beast (Acc+ superior) plus some sushi and acc gear work? I need to level all the proc weapons, the lowest I have is 7 and the highest is like 120 something. I'm a lvl 90war/dnc.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-07-14 10:43:05  
should shout and see if u can goto some NMs for just the atma's
mounted champ be good one for regen20/tic and VIT+50
Vicissitude to for regen15/tic and def+40
stronghold rgen15/tic and def40

but with that low of skill should start in castle z on fortalices... afk with the lowest dmg weapon u can find
 Siren.Foxfire
user: Foxfire
By Siren.Foxfire 2011-07-14 10:46:56  
Skilling up on forts in the past doesn't work anymore.

morton, I suggest either killing low level things with a low damage weapon, or use the "increased skill gain" food and gear for acc in other slots. It's a bit of a stretch, but it seems like the best choice to skill up somewhat faster.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2011-07-14 10:48:18  
Buy the combat skill up food.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-14 10:49:20  
What skill to what skill on fortilices?

Also how do you get there? Anyone got a map with it marked off?
 Siren.Foxfire
user: Foxfire
By Siren.Foxfire 2011-07-14 10:51:42  
Well, I don't know the specific area, but it's in Castle Zvahl S, there are apparently four you can get to without aggro, but I have no clue where they are. Sorry mate.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-07-14 10:51:50  
lasttime i was there after the news skills uupdate
fortalices took you to lvl82 cap

thereby we can figure out the fortalices itself is aprox a lvl 80 mob
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-07-14 10:55:11  
It really doesn't take that long if you just find something appropriate to the level of your skill. I'd much rather just do a couple pages while martial master is up, than all these little tricks. Or, find a zone with something that drops stuff for w/e craft. Get multiple things done in the same amount of time.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-14 10:59:37  
Siren.Foxfire said:
Well, I don't know the specific area, but it's in Castle Zvahl S, there are apparently four you can get to without aggro, but I have no clue where they are. Sorry mate.

np, thanks anyway.
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-07-14 11:09:49  
Carbuncle.Flionheart said:
Siren.Foxfire said:
np, thanks anyway.

I also don't know the <pos> but if you enter Castle Zvahl_S and keep going until you come to a 4-way intersection, either way (left or right) will lead you to one. If both are taken, head into the main area of the castle and the other 2 fortalice are on the (I think) East and West, between Quadav/Garg and Orc/Yag. If you position right, both are safe. It's really not worth it unless you're using a 1 damage weapon and planning to be afk during it. Skillups are really slow 200+ so it's really just to get you to 200ish. I afk'd overnight and during work the next day and came back to 80-90 skill levels from one fortalice.
First Page 2 3