So Guys ...

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » So guys ...
So guys ...
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-12 18:09:24  
Phoenix.Kojo said:
I think DRK should get a Buster Sword that has 'Occasionally attacks 7-10 times' and an added effect of Death with 100% proc rate, also, it makes you glow with a pink aura that charms any mob that comes within 5 yalms of you, it also gives them the Death added effect and gives them Buster Swords. *** YEAH!!

8 swings is the attack-round limit brah. Just make it occ atk 8 to 8 times and we're in business.

Also, it should have Enpetrify and Endeath, activate at the same time, and also ranged attack like Link's sword when ur hearts are full. also i think it wuld b relly kool if drk got death spell for making stuff hp0 for 12mp but also give temp refresh effect u no? cuz lik wen i play halo and i am shoot guns i like seeing things dead but also i like nachos
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2011-03-12 18:10:30  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
I think DRK should get a Buster Sword that has 'Occasionally attacks 7-10 times' and an added effect of Death with 100% proc rate, also, it makes you glow with a pink aura that charms any mob that comes within 5 yalms of you, it also gives them the Death added effect and gives them Buster Swords. *** YEAH!!
8 swings is the attack-round limit brah. Just make it occ atk 8 to 8 times and we're in business. Also, it should have Enpetrify and Endeath, activate at the same time, and also ranged attack like Link's sword when ur hearts are full. also i think it wuld b relly kool if drk got death spell for making stuff hp0 for 12mp but also give temp refresh effect u no? cuz lik wen i play halo and i am shoot guns i like seeing things dead but also i like nachos

Also DRK needs Juggernaut and Martyr.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-12 18:13:45  
DRK needs a Job Trait that makes everyone who makes fun of drk put all stats at 1 and dmg at 1 cuz i am gr8est ever job with souleater. heelers cant heel tho so i dy but its there falt cuz they stil have mp and convert

I think we could solve 99% of people's issues with DRK, by making all Warrior gear look like DRK AF.

Seriously, everythign I read is "Give drk berserk, give drk crit hit ws."
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2011-03-12 18:26:42  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
DRK needs a Job Trait that makes everyone who makes fun of drk put all stats at 1 and dmg at 1 cuz i am gr8est ever job with souleater. heelers cant heel tho so i dy but its there falt cuz they stil have mp and convert I think we could solve 99% of people's issues with DRK, by making all Warrior gear look like DRK AF. Seriously, everythign I read is "Give drk berserk, give drk crit hit ws."

I just had the idea to end all ideas; Get rid of judgemental 'elites' that imply this game ifs life or death and become *** over odd ***like "I want 5 WARs not 4 WARs and a DRG/MNK/DRK/etc." When people don't get away with their ***, they'll either ragequit or stop being so judgemental. As PUP, I've been in PTs with good players with good Atmas and outdamaged them. That one idiot you run into in that one PT, lv 80 with lv 30 skills doesn't represent *** everyone who plays that particular job.

Ok, Flame away, people who don't see my point.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2011-03-12 18:59:11  

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
DRK needs a Job Trait that makes everyone who makes fun of drk put all stats at 1 and dmg at 1 cuz i am gr8est ever job with souleater. heelers cant heel tho so i dy but its there falt cuz they stil have mp and convert I think we could solve 99% of people's issues with DRK, by making all Warrior gear look like DRK AF. Seriously, everythign I read is "Give drk berserk, give drk crit hit ws."
I just had the idea to end all ideas; Get rid of judgemental 'elites' that imply this game ifs life or death and become *** over odd ***like "I want 5 WARs not 4 WARs and a DRG/MNK/DRK/etc." When people don't get away with their ***, they'll either ragequit or stop being so judgemental. As PUP, I've been in PTs with good players with good Atmas and outdamaged them. That one idiot you run into in that one PT, lv 80 with lv 30 skills doesn't represent *** everyone who plays that particular job. Ok, Flame away, people who don't see my point.
I've designed partys that will not function without the perfect jobs I've designed the party for and I'm not alone in that. Sometimes one doesn't desire to dumb things down so random people can participate. But yes if it's just someone being elitist because they can, I'd agree with you. And most of the time I do dumb down ***so my friends can come on flexible jobs

Yeah, there are times and places that some jobs shouldn't be used. But in a shout PT for XP? I've been denied PTs before on PUP, one instance I was in a PT that shared the Megamaw Mikey worm camp with the guy and his PT of 'elites'.. our hastily thrown-together alliance of a few good players, some bad ones, some with good gear, others without and a few leeches ended up leaving his party with no mobs. I don't mean to brag about taking over a camp that can support 2 alliances, but given the circumstances, it was funny.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2011-03-12 19:25:18  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
I just had the idea to end all ideas; Get rid of judgemental 'elites' that imply this game ifs life or death and become *** over odd ***like "I want 5 WARs not 4 WARs and a DRG/MNK/DRK/etc." When people don't get away with their ***, they'll either ragequit or stop being so judgemental. As PUP, I've been in PTs with good players with good Atmas and outdamaged them. That one idiot you run into in that one PT, lv 80 with lv 30 skills doesn't represent *** everyone who plays that particular job. Ok, Flame away, people who don't see my point.
I've designed partys that will not function without the perfect jobs I've designed the party for and I'm not alone in that. Sometimes one doesn't desire to dumb things down so random people can participate. But yes if it's just someone being elitist because they can, I'd agree with you. And most of the time I do dumb down ***so my friends can come on flexible jobs
Yeah, there are times and places that some jobs shouldn't be used. But in a shout PT for XP? I've been denied PTs before on PUP, one instance I was in a PT that shared the Megamaw Mikey worm camp with the guy and his PT of 'elites'.. our hastily thrown-together alliance of a few good players, some bad ones, some with good gear, others without and a few leeches ended up leaving his party with no mobs. I don't mean to brag about taking over a camp that can support 2 alliances, but given the circumstances, it was funny.
what? your alliance took over the camp? am I missing half of this story earlier in thread or something? lol ugh I just read the whole thread looking for it! you suck kojo! : p

Basically I was a lv 75 PUP, and I asked to join a PT, the guy denied me, I passed by and saw that he was a lv 51 WHM/BLM with nothing but a Light Staff on. The next day, I joined a shout PT and we ended up in the same camp as this guy, sharing the camp. We ended up taking the camp over.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2011-03-12 19:59:11  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Basically I was a lv 75 PUP, and I asked to join a PT, the guy denied me, I passed by and saw that he was a lv 51 WHM/BLM with nothing but a Light Staff on. The next day, I joined a shout PT and we ended up in the same camp as this guy, sharing the camp. We ended up taking the camp over.
How is this relevant? He should of stacked mind with low lvl gear on a job he was burning to make his cure 4 heal like 20 more hp? Did the guy insult your pup? so far it sounds like his alliance was full and you were jealous or something man, I don't see the humor

No.. You pointed out the Light staff, so let me remind you.. that was ALL he had on. Also, he wasn't full, I had a 75 PUP and he was shouting for people 75+, and was like 2/18. When I asked, and he asked what job I was, I told him what I was and he said "No leeches." which was odd, considering he was a leech.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2011-03-12 20:10:16  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
How is this relevant? He should of stacked mind with low lvl gear on a job he was burning to make his cure 4 heal like 20 more hp? Did the guy insult your pup? so far it sounds like his alliance was full and you were jealous or something man, I don't see the humor
No.. You pointed out the Light staff, so let me remind you.. that was ALL he had on. Also, he wasn't full, I had a 75 PUP and he was shouting for people 75+, and was like 2/18. When I asked, and he asked what job I was, I told him what I was and he said "No leeches." which was odd, considering he was a leech.
when your a whm in abyseea below 68 there isn't much you can do to boost your cures/-nas and nothing else is worth doing besides that. I already addressed this point, there isn't anything else he should be wearing that low. But for your last point yeah ironic but pup at 75 is so rarely a good dd. I'd ivite one to be kind to them but I'd never assume a pup75 is a strong dd. That would be assuming a pup75 had their mythic weaponskill already completed. But fair enough lol and how do you like pup 75+? It's very strong with a eva build and a whm deactivated pup just being turned on for cure 6, like a little thf and whm all in one. if I had another pet job desire I might of gone for it

I like it. Not sure why, I just do. I'm still working on getting SP, but I can rarely get with or get people for Nyzul.
 Lakshmi.Radicant
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Radicant
By Lakshmi.Radicant 2011-03-13 11:45:16  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

when your a whm in abyseea below 68 there isn't much you can do to boost your cures/-nas and nothing else is worth doing besides that. I already addressed this point, there isn't anything else he should be wearing that low.

But for your last point yeah ironic but pup at 75 is so rarely a good dd. I'd ivite one to be kind to them but I'd never assume a pup75 is a strong dd. That would be assuming a pup75 had their mythic weaponskill already completed.

But fair enough lol and how do you like pup 75+? It's very strong with a eva build and a whm deactivated pup just being turned on for cure 6, like a little thf and whm all in one. if I had another pet job desire I might of gone for it

Calling bs to the bold section. I main healed an altepa dolls alliance as lvl 59 sch. No other healers except some lulzy smn. Admittedly i had 2 refresh atmas & allure. But yea being the only healer is a garbage arguement.

Back on topic please?
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-03-13 13:40:41  
All drk needs is a *scythe* ws that crits and they will be back to a top tier DD

I realized rampage and vorpal crit but meh..

I can only express my emo pain with a scythe >:U

I could see them adding 1 or 2 more ws's by the time we hit lvl 99.. one just learned when you have enough skill and one quested :o

Here's to hoping they give us something decent
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-13 13:44:59  
Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
All drk needs is a *scythe* ws that crits and they will be back to a top tier DD

I could see them adding 1 or 2 more ws's by the time we hit lvl 99.. one just learned when you have enough skill and one quested :o

I think what they really need to do is just remove Razed Ruins from the game. Easier solution than programming and balancing an entirely new Weapon Skill for every job that gets raped because of it right?

[+]
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-03-13 13:48:20  
I could see SE continuing to make DRK some sort of hybrid nuker.. which will suck no matter what ^^

Unless you get something like 20 tp a spell or something HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE broken its not worth it

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-13 13:57:52  
I could see SE continuing to make DRK some sort of hybrid nuker.. which will suck no matter what ^^

Unless you get something like 20 tp a spell or something HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE broken its not worth it

Impact gives 96TP.
[+]
 Bismarck.Hsieh
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2011-03-13 14:02:43  

I agree. If you take RR out it's going to be a bitchfest like it was when they capped 2-handed haste. We'll see.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-13 14:08:46  
Bismarck.Hsieh said:

I agree. If you take RR out it's going to be a bitchfest like it was when they capped 2-handed haste. We'll see.

I already see this in salvage. "y is vicory smit only doin 1.8k not 12k no mor ????? Gm call"
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-03-13 14:23:51  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
First off, I love you Zicdeh. o.o In a creepy stalker sort of way.

Second, that is so true. Even if they didn't say Berserk directly they said things like, "Make Last Resort last as long as Berserk! Make Souleater last longer but take away less of our HP!" I didn't see any of them really ask for enhancements to the magical side of DRK, which imo is a huge portion of how the job plays(though, really that's a fact).

I mean, if they want to do great damage(inside), all they have to do is go double Sword or Double axe. Vorpal Blade and Rampage aren't singularly job specific, but I know only 4 jobs, respectively, can use them without subbing something. 3 for Vorpal before the existence of Blue Mage. And I just gotta say it, on my Ranger for godsakes, I can hit up to near 3k with Rampage or Evisceration, so why the hell would a DRK have any trouble reaching higher?

I'm with you though. I've never viewed DRK as the top Damage dealer. I've viewed them as Batman, err I mean, a tactical fighter. Stun, Drain, Absorb spells, and relatively decent nuking ability(probably still better than NIN's if the DRK gears for it). Their A+ weapon, the Scythe, high delay, high damage. Meant imo to deliver full force blows while not quickly feeding the monster TP. Access to every level 2 skillchain property besides gravitation(and that was before Mythic WS too). Multi-purpose two-hour. A job best played by the intelligent. Nothing like Samurai or Warrior(I still love you my sweet).
 Unicorn.Dakotacj
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Dakotacj
By Unicorn.Dakotacj 2011-03-13 15:12:22  
Now my DRK isn't leveled, but I do plan to take it up (not via Abyssea though like every other bandwagon retard that wants to use their Twilight Scythes they jacked faster). I've been playing alongside GOOD DRKs for years, learning stuff from them. So I do have a very good general idea of how to play it.

Basically, as we should all know, the ONLY people that are whining for "fixes" to DRK are little *** that don't know how to play the job right. They've probably never used their magic more than once because they realized how much the nukes suck, and never casted Drain or Aspir or Absorb spells because they got resisted to *** all and the recast sucked. Then the same people tend to complain that Occult Acumen sucks because, once again, they don't cast. I mean really, there's a good reason they gave DRKs Absorb-TP, Absorb-STR etc (and Absorb-ACC! lulz). Mob building too much TP? Absorb-TP and WS its face off while preventing it from TPing on you and/or your party. Not quite doing enough DMG outside of abyssea? or feel that you need even more STR or VIT for your mods than you already have? Absorb the stats away before you WS! Missing some HP? Drain it. Want a HP boost? Drain II with full or near full HP. More DMG to Souleater! Oh look the mob is TPing something deadly and you're too late to Absorb its TP! But wait, what's that in your menu? A Stun spell!? Srsly!? Cast it! Oh look it didn't rape your face because you stunned it! Need TP for a WS when the mob's physical immunity wears off? Well they gave you Occult Acumen for a reason, remember stronger spells = more TP back. Nuke away and help tick DMG off while building TP!

I've even known some DRKs to not use Souleater. I ask "Why...?" and they respond "Oh, I don't want to die." "..." Welcome to *** DRK. If you play it right you will probably die, but not before ripping most of the mob's HP off. Afraid to piss off your WHM? Don't be. It's their job to heal you, and your job to do as much DMG as insanely possible.

And finally, these same people look at WARs and MNKs and even DRGs using Razed Ruin and using their crit WSs for enormous DMG and get all butthurt because they can't get that same DMG with the same Atma. Now it's painfully *** obvious. At very best, a DRK should only use RR for DMG output when TPing. Otherwise, for WSes (talking Scythe and GSword btw) Voracious Violet + Griffon Claw is a good example, or Stout Arm and GC. Or you could technically forego RR altogether and just VV+SA+GC. The ONLY exception to not using RR is if you have a Caladbolg (or godforbid a Redemption(really why? get a caladbolg)), then you should be using RR for aftermath crits.

Seriously the job is great as it is. People need to learn some skill and stop bitching or just move on to a different job and leave it to the real DRKs.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-13 15:21:45  
Unicorn.Dakotacj said:
Basically, as we should all know, the ONLY people that are whining for "fixes" to DRK are little *** that don't know how to play the job right.

I knew this was going to be an amusing post from the moment I read this line.

Quote:
They've probably never used their magic more than once because they realized how much the nukes suck

Yup, 3/4 of our spell list sucks from the word go. It's a good start.

Quote:
and never casted Drain or Aspir or Absorb spells because they got resisted to *** all and the recast sucked.

Yeah, when you're not using a HQ stave you tend to see an uncomfortable amount of resists. Even when you don't resist, how is ~300 damage while sacrificing melee DPS and TP in any way noteworthy?

Quote:
Then the same people tend to complain that Occult Acumen sucks because, once again, they don't cast.

On a 2handed job, TP is only useful in factors of 100TP/x where x is your x hit. Adding 2 TP here or there can fix a broken xhit that isn't true, but that's about it. 95%+ of the time Occult Acumen is useless.

Quote:
I mean really, there's a good reason they gave DRKs Absorb-TP, Absorb-STR etc (and Absorb-ACC! lulz). Mob building too much TP? Absorb-TP and WS its face off while preventing it from TPing on you and/or your party.

Absorb-TP is one of the very nice DRK utility spells but it tends to get resisted to ***on anything worth a damn. And if you WS it, you've just fed it almost as much TP as you would've taken in the first place. Especially since SE nerfed Abs-TP...

Quote:
Not quite doing enough DMG outside of abyssea? or feel that you need even more STR or VIT for your mods than you already have? Absorb the stats away before you WS!

Most of the time you'll do more damage just WSing normally and getting in an extra melee swing or two...

Quote:
Missing some HP? Drain it. Want a HP boost? Drain II with full or near full HP. More DMG to Souleater! Oh look the mob is TPing something deadly and you're too late to Absorb its TP! But wait, what's that in your menu? A Stun spell!? Srsly!? Cast it! Oh look it didn't rape your face because you stunned it!

Missing some HP? Let a mage throw a cure at you and continue to damage, as that is your job as a DD. Stun however is an absolutely amazing spell.

Quote:
Need TP for a WS when the mob's physical immunity wears off? Well they gave you Occult Acumen for a reason, remember stronger spells = more TP back. Nuke away and help tick DMG off while building TP!

Where are you getting this MP from?

Quote:
I've even known some DRKs to not use Souleater. I ask "Why...?" and they respond "Oh, I don't want to die." "..." Welcome to *** DRK. If you play it right you will probably die, but not before ripping most of the mob's HP off. Afraid to piss off your WHM? Don't be. It's their job to heal you, and your job to do as much DMG as insanely possible.

Which is when the WHM asks "why don't I just have a WAR or something which does roughly the same damage as you do during Souleater but doesn't kill their own HP in the process"?

Quote:
Seriously the job is great as it is. People need to learn some skill and stop bitching or just move on to a different job and leave it to the real DRKs.

I'm not a bad DRK. But the job does currently suck. Believe me, I love this job and want it to be good - but at the moment, it simply isn't.
[+]
 Caitsith.Sai
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Saiii
By Caitsith.Sai 2011-03-13 15:27:15  
Unicorn.Dakotacj said:
Now my DRK isn't leveled, but I do plan to take it up (not via Abyssea though like every other bandwagon retard that wants to use their Twilight Scythes they jacked faster). I've been playing alongside GOOD DRKs for years, learning stuff from them. So I do have a very good general idea of how to play it.
Blah , blah , blah

WTF is this ***. Official Forums are that way =====>
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-13 15:28:27  
I agree, there was too much lolfor me to even bother in that post.

Absorb Spells, seriously?

DRK's useful spell list is:

Absorb-TP (occasionally)
Endark (Always, but cast outside of battle)
Drain II (In perpetration for Dread Spikes or Souleater)
Dread Spikes (Pretty much always good)
Stun (Only thing DRK really brings to the table that other DD jobs don't)
Absorb-Acc (As a debuff for an Evade Tank only)

Drain/Aspirs are Useful only in Solo situations.

Other than that, every spell on the DRK list is an utter waste of time.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-03-13 23:26:16  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1FZCDmdlK0 (btw macone thanks it made me smile)

Ahhh that brings back memories... The only thing I want them to change about drk is to increase MACC. I'm tired of my drains and aspirs doing about the same as the T2 versions on nms worth ***. Which btw is only useful when soloing anyways really. Also (they won't undo the nerf to absorp-tp so I'm just QQing anways like the failkids over on official forums. Incase you didn't realize what I did thar.) the only thing I think dark needs tbh is not a crit ws, but more ja's/spells (that don't get resisted which would help if they increased drk MACC) that as people here have been saying... making drk a good tactical dd.

Now for some things they did well for drk in the updates.. gave drk haste gear that actually doesn't suck.
The drk body.. sexiest ***ever. I love that mod on dread spikes arguably one of the better drk spells (lol all 5 of them)
Gave us gear that we can use that increases double attack without having to /war (which is *** hawt allowing /sam to be hawter than it already was).
About all I got atm.. but yeah drk had it's bandwagon days when everyone leveled it. I'm glad we don't see any more loldrks tbh. I've seen what it did to mnk. I'd rather keep what little respect we have
 Caitsith.Taereon
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Halo4
By Caitsith.Taereon 2011-03-14 02:56:03  
If you don't post that you think Drk is fine the way it is over on the official forums and every post there is saying gimmecritwslol followed by a plethora of other changes, what do you think the new SE is going to do?
 Titan.Twister
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Twister 2011-03-14 03:05:18  
Caitsith.Taereon said:
If you don't post that you think Drk is fine the way it is over on the official forums and every post there is saying gimmecritwslol followed by a plethora of other changes, what do you think the new SE is going to do?

I think they'll find a way to gimp DRKs.

Again.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-14 03:07:33  
I would suggest that all of you go make an account on the official forums and start voicing your opinions on how HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE some of the ideas being posted there are, unless you want SE to start taking these suggestions.