So Guys ...

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » So guys ...
So guys ...
 Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-03-14 03:09:54  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
I would suggest that all of you go make an account on the official forums and start voicing your opinions on how HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE some of the ideas being posted there are, unless you want SE to start taking these suggestions.
forums over there are full of boring people it seems.. from what i have heard from other people its mostly people from alla... but i do have to agree, if we want our voices heard we should post there too, i wish we could get a link onto this site though on what is posted over there.. i really dont like the design of those forums.
 Asura.Tawhoya
サーバ: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2011-03-14 03:20:52  
DRK doesn't suck as a DD and we do contribute to pts... It's an awesome DD it just sucks crack to get all of the gear (and atma if in aby) to make it wort a damn in comparison to most AH DD. RR beat DRK to hell with the crit ws jobs, but we still hit a good 2-4k+ on guillotine /mob. We can cap haste sooo much easier now and keep a 5hit. We can enfeeble mobs via absorb spells when we're idle. We can stun the crap out of things, we can look cool and die a lot. Going back to the origin of the thread, I agree. I am usually not a person who judges a person by gear, but I get so pissed off when I see lvl 90 DRKs wearing thick gear. I can't believe that they exist... but there they are... struggling to hit 300 dmg on a worm in aby. It's DRKs like these that give us bad names.

Also, In Aby, I've only found Griffon Claw to be useful during brew. When i'm supposed to be killing multiple mobs with DoT+WS I stick with VV,Apoc and jump between RR and Harvester. I find that the triple/double attack boost my WS dmg/frequency much higher than att.
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2011-03-14 03:22:40  
I've always wanted to see Drk get a Great Sword Multi-hit/Crit-hit WS before 99 or possibly at 99...I mean it's Dark Knight ffs, should technically be among the highest, if not the best DD, but nope. FFXI has had Drk and great sword shitted on.

Same with Drg. It's supposed to be a high end DD, and it can perform amazingly well, don't misunderstand, but it is lacking.. something. Hoping to see a third 2nd tier jump that's also multi-hit and possibly hateless. SE can call it Highwind, I don't care.
[+]
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2011-03-14 03:28:50  
Shiva.Darkmacabre said:
I've always wanted to see Drk get a Great Sword Multi-hit/Crit-hit WS before 99 or possibly at 99...I mean it's Dark Knight ffs, should technically be among the highest, if not the best DD, but nope. FFXI has had Drk and great sword shitted on.

I agree. When I first started playing the game, I wanted to use GS because they look bad ***, and I love how other games make them. I had to actually go on a magian trial to skill up GS after I lvld past 75 because I can't get into them... and I needed motivation.
 Phoenix.Ryaan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: rguerena
By Phoenix.Ryaan 2011-03-14 12:30:22  
Torcleaver is pretty neat, but still doesnt put out huge numbers like some of the other emp WS while in abys. But taken outside abyssea and it holds its own. It got me into GS again and its pretty easy to get coins for it in WoE and full emp path is one of the easiest.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-03-14 12:39:34  
Torcleave is one of the better ws in aby o.o what are you talking about? Ukos is first by far and torc is around like 3rd best. /sam you do torc x2 and sc. And if you gear drk right you can get some store tp on that make Caladbolg get tp at a fairly decent rate. Or go with the capped haste approach. It all really depends what you are up to and what gear you have. But yeah it's one of the best inside aby for empy ws.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-14 13:11:08  
Honestly, I'd say bring DRK back to basics. It's a job that is based on sacrificing HP for higher output, toss some enmity suppression into some new abilities that reduce a DRK's HP, similar to Souleater, increasing DRK's output, and create a high-output low-enmity DD.

1. Give DRK new DMG+/HP- Abilities
2. Nerf
3. ???
4. Profit!
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-03-14 13:40:04  
Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said:
Torcleave is one of the better ws in aby o.o what are you talking about? Ukos is first by far and torc is around like 3rd best. /sam you do torc x2 and sc. And if you gear drk right you can get some store tp on that make Caladbolg get tp at a fairly decent rate. Or go with the capped haste approach. It all really depends what you are up to and what gear you have. But yeah it's one of the best inside aby for empy ws.
What do you consider 2nd best, just out if curiosity?

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Honestly, I'd say bring DRK back to basics. It's a job that is based on sacrificing HP for higher output, toss some enmity suppression into some new abilities that reduce a DRK's HP, similar to Souleater, increasing DRK's output, and create a high-output low-enmity DD.

I would actually agree to this, but I think SE had other things in mind for DRK, as well as this would devalue DRK's tanking ability. Who knows, though. I would definitely love to generate less enmity more often on DRK while DD.

Also, weren't you on Leviathan for a while or am I thinking of another dude with the same name? Lol.
 Jar
By Jar 2011-03-14 21:30:57  
Why ppl use VV on drk <_< you need that str for something i dont know?
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-14 21:33:54  
The double attack is nice for pushing WS frequency, and the Regain makes pushing Caladbolg into a 6-hit alot easier.
 Jar
By Jar 2011-03-14 21:37:52  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
The double attack is nice for pushing WS frequency, and the Regain makes pushing Caladbolg into a 6-hit alot easier.

Plaugebringer has same double attack and 20 STP is going to do more than 2 regain than you get Regen too! :D
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-14 21:40:44  
Considering you dont need the 20 STP to 6-hit Caladbolg, and your comparing 50 STR, to no 50 STR, your point is rather moot.
 Jar
By Jar 2011-03-14 21:42:52  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Considering you dont need the 20 STP to 6-hit Caladbolg, and your comparing 50 STR, to no 50 STR, your point is rather moot.

Dont need the 50 str to cap fstr and god knows i can cap pdif almost naked not even a mod for Torcleaver <_< Also the gear slots you have stp in could be put to better use
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-14 21:47:47  
The better Gear options is very minor and the 50 STR will greatly outdo whatever gear options you throw in there.

This is my normal 7-hit Caladbolg Build

This is my 6-hit (I'm missing Zeleus Tiara)

They arent that much different, and the 50 STR is more than going to outdo the slightly better options from the Optimal Set above.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-14 21:55:00  
Doesn't that 6hit require a tick or two from VV regain?
 Jar
By Jar 2011-03-14 21:56:23  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
The better Gear options is very minor and the 50 STR will greatly outdo whatever gear options you throw in there.

This is my normal 7-hit Caladbolg Build

This is my 6-hit (I'm missing Zeleus Tiara)

They arent that much different, and the 50 STR is more than going to outdo the slightly better options from the Optimal Set above.

That 6hit is like -79attack(not counting what you gain from VV) -3% double attack -2.somthing haste 4% crit rate

That is alot of attack you could have.. on most things you do not need the STR to cap Pdif and you only gain 37 attack from the str
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-14 21:56:39  
You need 3 TP total, so 2 tics I guess.
 Jar
By Jar 2011-03-14 21:57:04  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Doesn't that 6hit require a tick or two from VV regain?
naa its a true one be epic for outside abyssea

edit: read up and guess i did that wrong lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-14 21:59:50  
Well its a True 6-hit Yea, but you would have to WS in certain things w/out the Regain, outside of Abyssea I would eat Carbonara and that lets you WS in w/e you want.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-14 22:02:16  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
You need 3 TP total, so 2 tics I guess.

I don't have Goading to try it myself (not like tactical is hard to get), I remember looking into it a lot and I saw that Calad's odd delay couldn't make a true six hit, which was painful.

It's a damn shame to have to even consider losing the EAF+2 body as well.

Also, unforunately, lowering the xhit with Calad is really important too (All Empyreans really) since it lets you keep Aftermath up easier.

I don't doubt true6 is worth it, but I'd like to see just "How" Worth it is it? You are giving up a hell of a lot.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-14 22:04:49  
I used the 6-hit in Dynamis right before I quit, worked great even if I was pounding Carbonara.

Moonshade earring with Regain would probably let you eat whatever food you want as well.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-14 23:15:18  
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Also, weren't you on Leviathan for a while or am I thinking of another dude with the same name? Lol.
Cerberus native, sorry :/
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-03-17 15:00:07  
Cerberus.Tikal said:
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Cerberus native, sorry :/
I figured, your character looked different from the guy I was thinking of. No worries. :P
 Asura.Tigredor
user: Tigredor
By Asura.Tigredor 2011-03-18 12:15:36  
Sincer we're on the subject of x-hits, can I get a lil assistance wit this set here.
(not sure if this will come out right)

I have 4 acc/regain on the Moonshade, trying to 5-hit(without atmas ie. Outside abby) without sacrificing too much (Atheling for tactical, Blitz for Hoard etc.) Figure the regain earring will help but could use a math wiz's advice.

edit: Assuming /sam

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-03-18 13:55:56  
Okay, just out of curiosity...I still see people using Fire Bomblet, but wouldn't Bomb Core do more for attack if you have capped accuracy via Razed Ruins in Abyssea? Just trying to figure this out to determine whether I should still get a Fire Bomblet or not.
[+]
 Asura.Tigredor
user: Tigredor
By Asura.Tigredor 2011-03-18 14:00:16  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Hoarding Ring with your current build + /SAM would make it a 5hit, don't need Tactical Mantle for it either.

Hmmm, was hoping I could keep Blitz so i could cap haste @26% once I get +2 Body + hands. Could be worse I guess lol.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-18 16:22:33  
Asura.Tigredor said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Hoarding Ring with your current build + /SAM would make it a 5hit, don't need Tactical Mantle for it either.

Hmmm, was hoping I could keep Blitz so i could cap haste @26% once I get +2 Body + hands. Could be worse I guess lol.

So Get Ace's Hose, problem solved.
[+]
 Jar
By Jar 2011-03-18 20:29:12  
ppl on offical forum asking to lower delay on DRKs weapons and give JA that slowly lowers delay <_< i about hit my head on my desk..