OA4 GK 5 Hit Build... Thoughts And Suggestions?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » OA4 GK 5 hit build... Thoughts and suggestions?
OA4 GK 5 hit build... Thoughts and suggestions?
 Phoenix.Uzugami
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-16 15:54:55  
richwood said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Leviathan.Alkalinejoe said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
BorealisV2 said:
Get a Masamune or lolAmano.

Play MNK/NIN/WAR.
^
ftfy

Realize Lv.90 Amano beats out 85 and I'd even say 90 Masamune right?

What people are for getting is the aftermath of these weapons. That is where the true power come from.

But yes abyssea Sam is not the DD Sam was pre abyssea compared to other jobs now, ; . ;

Far as I know even that won't make Masamune compare to Lv.90 Amano anymore.
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-03-16 15:55:28  
Should definitely try with jinpu, that's a great idea.

Second of all, level 90 Amano beats out masamume? Uhh no dude. Not even close. I love my coronach update, but fudo still destroys kaiten. Not to mention the level 90 masamune has str+15. +50% ws damage might do it, but masamune still has better aftermath.

And no, people do not get masamune for the aftermath......... they get it for the ws which destroys every other sam ws including kaiten.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By BorealisV2 2011-03-16 15:57:16  
ITT: Relics are good.
 Phoenix.Mogue
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2011-03-16 15:57:47  
all SAM gear threads now remind me of
[+]
 Diabolos.Mesheef
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Mesheef
By Diabolos.Mesheef 2011-03-16 15:58:33  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Diabolos.Mesheef said:
Bullwhip Belt
Never in a million years would I eva, eva, evaevaevaeva have that in my inventory, too many negative stats lol.

Really not much difference with that belt tbh. The -50 element is your chance to resist the full dmg, the chance of resisting partial elemental dmg isn't worth not taking 7% haste because of -50 element, not to mention nothing a barspell can't fix anyway. Something that people live without on a daily basis. So with barspell you would actually get, what is it +40 resist to the element?
By Wafflechan 2011-03-16 15:58:42  

My suggestion for anyone aiming to be samurai in this day and age. Involves a bit of work, and effort, but well worth it in the end.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-03-16 15:59:16  
Whereas fudo does 3-6k :|. I don't even have masamune myself nor do I give a ***about sam, but there's absolutely no comparison between the two (for now). I think they're heading in the right direction though with the relic upgrades.
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-16 15:59:25  
*Shrug* On anything that matters now Ive never seen fudo do good damage, ever.
[+]
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-03-16 15:59:34  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Diabolos.Mesheef said:
Bullwhip Belt
Never in a million years would I eva, eva, evaevaevaeva have that in my inventory, too many negative stats lol.
You could always macro it out when you see the mob casting.
 Asura.Matzilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-03-16 15:59:51  
Diabolos.Mesheef said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Diabolos.Mesheef said:
Bullwhip Belt

Really not much difference with that belt tbh. The -50 element is your chance to resist the full dmg, the chance of resisting partial elemental dmg isn't worth not taking 7% haste because of -50 element, not to mention nothing a barspell can't fix anyway. Something that people live without on a daily basis. So with barspell you would actually get, what is it +40 resist to the element?

gearswapping to a mdt belt when you see "Blizzaga IV" is hard I agree
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-03-16 16:01:31  
@wafflechan, should use hoard ring and then use pole grip instead.
 Diabolos.Mesheef
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Mesheef
By Diabolos.Mesheef 2011-03-16 16:03:23  
Wafflechan said:

My suggestion for anyone aiming to be samurai in this day and age. Involves a bit of work, and effort, but well worth it in the end.

Swap out that JSE earring for the WotG regain earring and you are on to something there. Get Hoard ring and white tathlum, once again personally I think I would use tacticle mantle over atheling for a sam.

Only due to the VV atma double attack and always needing to /war anyway.

Phoenix.Uzugami said:

I have heard stories of it doing good dmg, but then again the same people also told me that their jinpu spam set up actually does more DoT in both short and long runs.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-16 16:07:27  
Bismarck.Helel said:
Whereas fudo does 3-6k :|. I don't even have masamune myself nor do I give a ***about sam, but there's absolutely no comparison between the two (for now). I think they're heading in the right direction though with the relic upgrades.
Yeah sure they do... when the sam holds tp.

Tachi: Fudo
Modifiers: STR:60%
100% ftp:3.65

Tachi: Kaiten
Modifiers: STR:60%
100% ftp: 3.00
+25% dmg with lvl 90 relic.

It's clear which one will do more dmg at 100%. Though not by alot
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-16 16:08:40  
Did a quick look, not gonna go searching everywhere for pictures or parse data etc, but this is the "basic" damage Ive ever seen from a FudoSAM on Anything worth-while. Note: Not talking Vision zone mobs, Im talking scar/Hero zone mobs I don't consider low tier NMs etc as "Worthwhile"

Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-03-16 16:10:59  
Somebody needs to check their inbox.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-16 16:12:23  
shh >.>; I don't check my messages often and I tend to ignore half the people who message me and not delete them for some reason. D:
By Wafflechan 2011-03-16 16:12:43  
Quote:
Swap out that JSE earring for the WotG regain earring and you are on to something there. Get Hoard ring and white tathlum, once again personally I think I would use tacticle mantle over atheling for a sam
All that extra STP isnt really necessary. My build would leave you at 99.6 STP after 5 hits (WS with nodowa, pants, rajas, rose, earrings still on) which with VV, you easily make up that last little bit you need. I could see the WOTG being beneficial to damage/making up that regain outside, but I highly doubt I need to spend ridiculous amounts of money for said tathlum, or reduce atk/stats just for more stp I dont need.
 Asura.Jaybezz
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-03-16 16:13:23  
Diabolos.Mesheef said:
Wafflechan said:

Swap out that JSE earring for the WotG regain earring and you are on to something there. Get Hoard ring and white tathlum, once again personally I think I would use tacticle mantle over atheling for a sam.

Only due to the VV atma double attack and always needing to /war anyway.

Phoenix.Uzugami said:

I have heard stories of it doing good dmg, but then again the same people also told me that their jinpu spam set up actually does more DoT in both short and long runs.

>>OUTSIDE ABYSSEA << u can swap around your gear VV etc normally get 2-3 tic's off per 100tp so u can loss 20Stp in the TP build and be fine for abyssea
TP

WS

only upgrade i need is hachi pants... and they like gold dust on asura (not counting the stuipedly priced 1s)

i hardly use sam atm due to spamming emp weapon NMs for ls members and well nin/war is just 10x better for red !! and general tanking ^^, so apart from DL runs i dont use sam as much as i would like.

fudo range in abyssea is like 2k-4k
dynamis NQ mobs 1.6k-2.5kish

on DL i normally do around 20k dmg give or take 2x ukko's with war 2hr still make me weep a little tho ; ;
lucky they only get RR atma for 30 seconds every 2hrs ^^ lol
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-03-16 16:14:36  
And, I love that fudo compared to that evisceration there.
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-16 16:15:36  
Bismarck.Nevill said:

You'd love the gekko that followed that, that I didn't SS (Atleast I don't think I did..) It outdmg'd the fudo.
By BorealisV2 2011-03-16 16:17:31  
Use
a
Varangian
Helm
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-16 16:18:05  
Wafflechan said:
Quote:
Swap out that JSE earring for the WotG regain earring and you are on to something there. Get Hoard ring and white tathlum, once again personally I think I would use tacticle mantle over atheling for a sam
All that extra STP isnt really necessary. My build would leave you at 99.6 STP after 5 hits (WS with nodowa, pants, rajas, rose, earrings still on) which with VV, you easily make up that last little bit you need. I could see the WOTG being beneficial to damage/making up that regain outside, but I highly doubt I need to spend ridiculous amounts of money for said tathlum, or reduce atk/stats just for more stp I dont need.
Loss of str/dex in abyssea is pretty much nothing. The att during tp phase not much. It would let you get rid of rose allowing more str into your ws set. Use higher str ring maybe earring and probably ws gorget. Also over tping isn't completely horrible for sam. Or ya know gear in more haste since you don't loook capped..

I'd do +tp bonus earring myself though. That's about 5% dmg at 100% by itself. 7% on fudo
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-16 16:20:17  
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Bismarck.Nevill said:
You'd love the gekko that followed that, that I didn't SS (Atleast I don't think I did..) It outdmg'd the fudo.
Probably one of those idiot sams that don't realize gekko gets an attack boost and fudo doesn't therefore requires different gearing
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-16 16:20:40  
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Bismarck.Nevill said:

Was this sam just sub-par? bad atmas maybe?

I know hagi is a bad-***, so the evis number is top-notch.
[+]
 Asura.Jaybezz
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-03-16 16:22:05  
BorealisV2 said:
Use
a
Varangian
Helm

had access 2 fudo for almost 4 months and tbh the misses were noticeable for me, only reason i dont use flava flavs helm
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-16 16:22:52  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Bismarck.Nevill said:

He's JP, but he had a decent build for it, Byrnie +1 etc Only piece out of place in WS set (That I could see) was Mars' Ring on Fudo set, He was /WAR But idk what atmas he was using. His numbers weren't that good on Orthus either, and another SAM only hit 400~ to the Heqjetjet or whatever in Altep. lol
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-16 16:23:04  
Asura.Jaybezz said:
BorealisV2 said:
Use
a
Varangian
Helm

had access 2 fudo for almost 4 months and tbh the misses were noticeable for me, only reason i dont use flava flavs helm

Misses are always noticable on a single-hit WS, regardless of how much acc+ you stack.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-16 16:23:46  
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Bismarck.Nevill said:

He's JP, but he had a decent build for it, Byrnie +1 etc Only piece out of place in WS set (That I could see) was Mars' Ring on Fudo set, He was /WAR But idk what atmas he was using. His numbers weren't that good on Orthus either, and another SAM only hit 400~ to the Heqjetjet or whatever in Altep. lol
I'm guessing poor atma choice then.
 Asura.Jaybezz
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-03-16 16:25:00  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Bismarck.Nevill said:
Probably one of those idiot sams that don't realize gekko gets an attack boost and fudo doesn't therefore requires different gearing

fudo is massively based on ATT if u cant cap ATT at 999 inside abyssea with WS gear just change job.....

in dynamis as well i normally have a brd or 2 so 2x march 2x att = 999 att in WS gear,

if no 2nd brd then food should get u almost there my taru i think hits 904 without ber/warcry