WTF Is Up With Hollywood Nowadays???

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » WTF is up with Hollywood nowadays???
WTF is up with Hollywood nowadays???
 Phoenix.Amael
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-07-11 10:33:07  
To F*ck up more your weekend, theres a talking to make Death Note (status still in Development so not 100% sure), God of war and Bioshock. Also rumor has it, another installment of Mortal Kombat (havent they *** this up already?!)

Some Confirmed ones are The Prince of Persia, The last Airbender and the Green Lantern.

So prepare to be heartbroken/amazed!

Edit: Some more
Cowbow Bepop, Akira and Robotech.

If they DARE to touch a Hayao Miyazaki movie.......
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-07-11 10:42:01  
Prince of Persia
User submitted image

The Last Airbender

User submitted image

Green Lantern
Down to these three?! (oh lord)
User submitted image

And alice in wonderland

User submitted image

I can see Elle Fanning doing Alice allright. I hope she lives up to the name of her sister.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-11 10:42:05  
I wanna see that non-human movie, I forgot the name...

And I wanna see an all-white cast for Amistad II, that would be interesting.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-11 10:55:14  
haha, Gyllenhaal as the Prince of Persia. They might as well have used the random dude from the Black Eyed Peas that no one knows. lol

The crease in the Airbender kids shirt above his left hand makes it look like he's throwing a thumbs-up. lolol I like the guy in the middle for Green Lantern, though, he's not too baaaaaad.

There was a native Death Note movie done already by a Japanese Studio that was actually pretty good. If it's done by someone here, I can't imagine we'd be as lucky. lol Trad anime live-action remakes seem like they'd be so freaking god awful.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-11 10:57:25  
I thought Green Lantern was black?
[+]
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-07-11 10:58:55  
Caiyuo said:
haha, Gyllenhaal as the Prince of Persia. They might as well have used the random dude from the Black Eyed Peas that no one knows. lol

The crease in the Airbender kids shirt above his left hand makes it look like he's throwing a thumbs-up. lolol I like the guy in the middle for Green Lantern, though, he's not too baaaaaad.

There was a native Death Note movie done already by a Japanese Studio that was actually pretty good. If it's done by someone here, I can't imagine we'd be as lucky. lol Trad anime live-action remakes seem like they'd be so freaking god awful.

Sometimes i think its because you have an expectation.
An expectation you KNOW it wont be met.
you can only hope.. want proof?
Imagine this
Live-Action Bleach
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-07-11 11:02:58  
Oh Caiyuo,
Ryan Reynolds is the one who is going to play the Green Lantern.

also the original green lantern was white.
There has been a Black green lantern, and also a woman.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-11 11:08:37  
Amael said:
Sometimes i think its because you have an expectation.
An expectation you KNOW it wont be met.
you can only hope.. want proof?
Imagine this
Live-Action Bleach
do not want. Western versions strip all the style and flair out of things. :C

Amael said:
Oh Caiyuo,
Ryan Reynolds is the one who is going to play the Green Lantern.

also the original green lantern was white.
There has been a Black green lantern, and also a woman.
The hell. lol Reynolds was pidgeon-holed as a goofy comedian role, and X-Men certainly didn't change things, so why he's going after Green Lantern is beyond me. I guess you have to have to a sense of humor to rock the mask, unitard, tights and ring and still pull off something wacthable. lol
 Fairy.Seriin
サーバ: Fairy
user: Seriin
By Fairy.Seriin 2009-07-11 11:35:58  
Kungfuhustle said:
I thought Green Lantern was black?

The first Green Latern (in terms of the IRL, not the comic canon) was a white guy named Hal Jordan. There have been a few and the black guy on the new justice league just happens to be one of them. Green Latern isn't like Batman or Superman where there is just one, Green Latern is like an organization.

Sorry to go all nerd on ya', Green Lantern was just one of the few I really enjoy. Obvi the movie will *** it up, though.
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
サーバ: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-07-11 11:38:11  
Caiyuo said:
There was a native Death Note movie done already by a Japanese Studio that was actually pretty good. If it's done by someone here, I can't imagine we'd be as lucky.

I don't think I would watch a western live action death note. The Japanese live action was imo stellar and can't imagine how a "Hollywood" release could top that.

Although a Never ending story remake? I'm going to scour the interwebs now for moar infos. <3'd that movie.
 Asura.Artemicion
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-11 11:41:14  
I'm predicting alot of fail. We'll see how the previews look and that will determine whether or not I see it in the theater or wait it out for rental release.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-11 12:40:15  
Jimmyjazz said:
Caiyuo said:
There was a native Death Note movie done already by a Japanese Studio that was actually pretty good. If it's done by someone here, I can't imagine we'd be as lucky.

I don't think I would watch a western live action death note. The Japanese live action was imo stellar and can't imagine how a "Hollywood" release could top that.

Although a Never ending story remake? I'm going to scour the interwebs now for moar infos. <3'd that movie.
lol, knowing us, BASTIAN GIVE ME A NAME will turn into Sam Jackson's floating head screaming SAY MY NAME ***, Falcor will be a flying pedophile and Atreyu will be a hip indie kid that rides around in his beatup Metro Geo named Artax. :(
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-07-11 13:36:40  
Jimmyjazz said:

Comingsoon.net said:
The Kennedy/Marshall Co. (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button) and Leonardo DiCaprio's company Appian Way are in discussions with Warner Bros. about reviving the 25-year-old franchise with a modern spin. The studio recently acquired rights to the property, clearing the way for a potential remake

Its still categorized as "in Development", if goes into production would be done by 2012. Neverending Story was a very good film, even though Michael Ende did not like much the movie. The second Movie was a bit so-so, since it ended the story in the book but with a lot of things changed. The third one crushed my hope in this franchise, IMO a horrible movie that shouldn't have seen the light.
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-07-16 06:06:53  
so back in november was announced that hollywood was to remake The Karate kid with Jaden Smith (Will smith's son). Today as I was reading the newspaper was the announcement that today they start recording the movie and who is going to be Mr. Miyagi? Guess who?! Jackie Chan! /facepalm
 Asura.Zekky
サーバ: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-07-16 06:23:57  
Amael said:
And alice in wonderland

User submitted image

I can see Elle Fanning doing Alice allright. I hope she lives up to the name of her sister.

I think someone should really look into researching certain titles before making assumptions.

Alice in Wonderland
User submitted image
 Sylph.Cohan
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Cohan 2009-07-16 06:49:26  
[quote=Amael]Prince of Persia
User submitted image

JC jake got buff..... wait..... he must be photoshopped, look at those abs
/gets magnifying glass
Yep.... its airbrush.
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-07-16 07:17:11  
Zekky said:
Amael said:
And alice in wonderland

User submitted image

I think someone should really look into researching certain titles before making assumptions.

Alice in Wonderland
User submitted image

opps sorry, got confused with titles. Elle fanning actually starred In Phoebe in wonderland. My bad for makin such mistake.
The part of alice is goin to be played by Mia Wasikowska
User submitted image
Pardon for the mistake
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-07-16 07:49:55  
Amael said:
so back in november was announced that hollywood was to remake The Karate kid with Jaden Smith (Will smith's son). Today as I was reading the newspaper was the announcement that today they start recording the movie and who is going to be Mr. Miyagi? Guess who?! Jackie Chan! /facepalm

This is the worse thing I heard in a long time... I'm not even sure if I want to check if it's true... *cry* lol.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-16 08:00:45  
Liquidz said:
Amael said:

This is the worse thing I heard in a long time... I'm not even sure if I want to check if it's true... *cry* lol.

Ah ha ha, that'll be awesome!
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2009-07-16 08:14:13  
Cohan said:
[quote=Amael]Prince of Persia
User submitted image

JC jake got buff..... wait..... he must be photoshopped, look at those abs
/gets magnifying glass
Yep.... its airbrush.

User submitted image
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-16 08:42:08  
lol, I'm okay with Jackie Chan bringing back the sexy. :c
 Remora.Saorie
サーバ: Remora
user: Saorie
By Remora.Saorie 2009-07-16 08:57:16  
yeah totally agree, hollywood sucks bad when making films based on games or anime, sometimes if you look at the film itself, it might not be too bad, but if u link with the anime/game story, you just think the thing is, most NA/EU ppl think animation/cartoon are for kids, but in JP, they make it so good that most of the time is better then watching hollywood films. You got to laugh out loud when u see them give oscar award to making cg creatures in Lord of the ring (smeagol, or how ever u spell it) and harry potter (dobby), they really should watch FF7 advent children complete, or even most of the in game FMVs are better then those crap that get mentioned in oscar awards
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-07-16 09:49:01  
I have netflix for a reason...

I doubt I'll ever watch the Dragonball movie. I watched the trailers prior to it coming out and instantly shunned it. (I'm a big fan of the original DB series. DBZ+ moved away from the comedy and more towards pure action.)

Saw a preview for The Last Airbender. I haven't watched the anime series, but the preview looked decent.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-16 10:47:37  
That's what torrents are for, people... Just dl'd/watched Knowing and Transformers 2 last night. =D
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-16 10:55:08  
Amael said:
To F*ck up more your weekend, theres a talking to make Death Note (status still in Development so not 100% sure), God of war and Bioshock. Also rumor has it, another installment of Mortal Kombat (havent they *** this up already?!)

Some Confirmed ones are The Prince of Persia, The last Airbender and the Green Lantern.

So prepare to be heartbroken/amazed!

Edit: Some more
Cowbow Bepop, Akira and Robotech.

If they DARE to touch a Hayao Miyazaki movie.......

Um there already is alot of that stuff... what like redoing it or something?
 Valefor.Lilbusta
サーバ: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-16 12:03:10
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Tbest said:
That's what torrents are for, people... Just dl'd/watched Knowing and Transformers 2 last night. =D

What did you think of Knowing? I'm dying to see it so I'll be hitting up all the Redoxes in town just to get it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-16 12:04:40  
Knowing was kinda dumb...
 Valefor.Lilbusta
サーバ: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-16 12:07:07
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

awww man...is it dumb because it's not your kinda movie or just not as good as the synopsis makes it out to be?
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-16 12:07:31  
Dasva said:

Almost everything with Nick Cage seems kinda dumb. He annoys me...
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-16 12:08:41  
Lilbusta said:
awww man...is it dumb because it's not your kinda movie or just not as good as the synopsis makes it out to be?

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Dasva said:

Almost everything with Nick Cage seems kinda dumb. He annoys me...

This and its just kinda dumb... especially the way it ends. Basically the synopsis made it sound like theres some meaning to it all... and in the end the whole number thing pretty much meant jack and didn't help anything.