final fantasy 7 remake
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-03-23 16:09:57  
Guys, you have to realize that graphics and engine work make up about 80% of a current-gen AAA title's budget. Story, script, design, etc, is almost nothing.

So when you say things like "They should remake FF6 with some 3D" you are asking for an entirely new game from the business perspective. If it's going to cost you 80% what it would to make a new game, you need to sell 80% as many copies as you did the first time around, which remakes never come close to.

The situation could change years down the road, where the level of graphical fidelity, etc, that fans are expecting is cheaper than it is now, and you can get away with less. That's why it's now within SE's interest to "remake" games for say... iOS and PSP: it's cheap as hell. But until then, don't hold your breath.
[+]
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-03-23 16:14:27  
I'm sure graphics prices will become cheaper soon enough..

I mean the human eye can only perceive a certain level of graphics quality..

Once thats reached any more is just wasted processor power...

Then just have to wait for economies of scale to lower the price of the equipment....

Who knows tho.. maybe they will move into holographs and other junk 10 years down the line lol
 Bismarck.Rinkydink
サーバ: Bismarck
user: rinkydink
By Bismarck.Rinkydink 2011-03-23 16:21:45  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Guys, you have to realize that graphics and engine work make up about 80% of a current-gen AAA title's budget. Story, script, design, etc, is almost nothing.

heyyy i practically said that earlier!! waaaaahhh

/sulks
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-03-23 16:25:33  
Asura.Ashleh said:

If you think you can find a game that has better graphics than that on the Ps3, go ahead and post screenshots... because I'm betting you can't.

say wat.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [461 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-06-26 19:20:08  
Ohithur

Quote:
According to Andriasang, Yoichi Wada, Square-Enix’s CEO, said during an investor question and answer session that his company will only make a Final Fantasy VII remake when the company makes a game that exceeds the quality of Final Fantasy VII.
Yoichi Wada on why they won't remake ff7

apparently he has a pretty high opinion of the game, that rules out 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 11,12 , 13, 13-2, 14 as being better games. that, or he was just deflecting.
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: StanDarsh
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2012-06-26 19:23:42  
They have already done that. It was called FFIX.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-26 19:34:46  
Quetzalcoatl.Darsha said: »
They have already done that. It was called FFIV, FFVI, and FFIX.

ftfy
 Bahamut.Lordzetta
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zetta
By Bahamut.Lordzetta 2012-06-26 19:38:46  
Wada may be talking about sales. None have sold more and the fact that versus has taken so damn long to come out I don't see it happening.With that said we will never get a remake. Now lets start asking for a tactics sequel :D and not the advance version.
 Siren.Demetreos
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2012-06-26 19:39:57  
thisthreadagain.meme
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-26 19:42:17  
As much as I liked Vivi I dont think IX was better than VII lol. And yeah nothing since X comes close.
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2012-06-26 19:47:50  
I'm sure quality is an indicator as to how well it sold.
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: StanDarsh
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2012-06-26 20:04:57  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Darsha said: »
They have already done that. It was called FFIV, FFVI, and FFIX.

ftfy

I would normally agree with you since FFIV is my favorite of the entire series, but since the argument could be made that Yoichi Wada implied that until they make a game that surpasses FFVII since it's release. I figured I would just take a game that was superior to and released after VII. I'll never understand the VII bandwagon.

Inb4 "I'll never understand the VII haters bandwagon."
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-26 20:20:21  

oh btw, SE created a site (finalfantasyviipc.com) that google cached, but now requires a log in.

not sure how true it is or not, read up on it a few days ago but never posted about it.

/shrug
[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-06-26 20:46:19  
saw that 7 and 8 pc a few days ago too, looks interesting.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2012-06-26 20:46:19  
That looks like a DS graphics remake or something, Kali...

I'd like to see a FF9 remake.
By Jetackuu 2012-06-26 20:48:57  
Phoenix.Kojo said: »
That looks like a DS graphics remake or something, Kali...

I'd like to see a FF9 remake.

with a fixed jump rope, and a new game+ hell *** yeah, yes, please!
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-06-26 20:53:01  
Where is this modded PC version Kalilla?
 Leviathan.Kitheren
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kitheren
By Leviathan.Kitheren 2012-06-26 21:07:31  
Carbuncle.Shokox said: »
Yess where!
 Siren.Dilandu
user: Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2012-06-26 21:07:31  
Exact same port of FF7 for PC. They only added useless crap.

Achievements

Whether you’re a seasoned FINAL FANTASY VII veteran or exploring this RPG classic for the very first time, show off your in-game accomplishments and put your gaming skills to the test with 36 brand new achievements to unlock. Share your profile with friends online to find out who is the ultimate FINAL FANTASY fan.

Character Booster

Find yourself stuck on a difficult section or lacking the funds to buy that vital Phoenix Down? With the Character Booster you can increase your HP, MP and Gil levels to their maximum, all with the simple click of a button, leaving you to enjoy your adventure.

Cloud Saves

Whether you’re away from home or simply using a different computer to play, enjoy FINAL FANTASY VII wherever you are. With cloud save support in FINAL FANTASY VII you can continue your game progress right where you left off, all you need is an internet connection.

SE is trolling adding Cloud Saves to FF7.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-26 21:15:29  
Leviathan.Kitheren said: »
Yess where!
Idk :( I just saw the picture and stole it
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-06-26 21:19:16  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Leviathan.Kitheren said: »
Yess where!
Idk :( I just saw the picture and stole it

:(! Awe. I'd gladly settle for this, lol.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-06-26 21:34:07  
imo if they made a remake of FF7, no one would buy anything else from SE. It would have to be the grand finale for them as far as making any new final fantasies goes.
By Malphius 2012-06-26 21:38:41  
A quick whois does indeed show this site as belonging to SE. Good catch!!
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-06-26 21:57:02  
Siren.Demetreos said: »
thisthreadagain.meme
good thing i bumped an old thread and didn't make a new one huehuehuehue
By Jetackuu 2012-06-26 22:00:04  
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said: »
imo if they made a remake of FF7, no one would buy anything else from SE. It would have to be the grand finale for them as far as making any new final fantasies goes.

not true at all, even with the past several failures, people still buy their products, the whole market imo is stagnant, and it's mostly because people fuss about graphics instead of gameplay, you pour the majority of your budget into how it looks over how it plays and you get crap, and that's what the past decade pretty much has been for the most part, and it's disgusting.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-26 22:03:56  
Why exactly do we need a VII remake? Whats wrong with just playing it now?
By Jetackuu 2012-06-26 22:05:39  
Sylph.Kimble said: »
Why exactly do we need a VII remake? Whats wrong with just playing it now?

some people can't handle the way it looks.

personally I'd like a remake with a graphics overhaul, and the rest of the changes being optional (I've explained this numerous times in these type of threads, probably in this one too.)

to some it's part of the nostalgia though.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-26 22:06:37  
Just seems unnecessary. If a game is good game play wise, don't really need to be remade.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-06-26 22:12:29  
Jetackuu said: »

not true at all, even with the past several failures, people still buy their products, the whole market imo is stagnant, and it's mostly because people fuss about graphics instead of gameplay, you pour the majority of your budget into how it looks over how it plays and you get crap, and that's what the past decade pretty much has been for the most part, and it's disgusting.
Sure, we'll go with that.

Doesn't mean the sales on other products wouldn't start plummeting after the FF7 remake, though. I wouldn't underestimate the high expectations a lot of people put into gaming companies these days.
By Jetackuu 2012-06-26 22:14:58  
Jetackuu said: »

Sure, we'll go with that.

Doesn't mean the sales on other products wouldn't start plummeting after the FF7 remake, though.

doesn't mean they would either, that's a rather baseless assumption.

Sylph.Kimble said: »
Just seems unnecessary. If a game is good game play wise, don't really need to be remade.

I say they should if they could do it cheaply, while maintaining true to the quality of the original, aka it would be an easy cash cow for them, other than that: I have mixed feelings, at the moment I'd rather see a fixed version of FF9.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13