フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Ranger Atmas
Ranger Atmas
First Page 2
 Asura.Stryger
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Stryger
By Asura.Stryger 2011-03-31 15:58:14  
yes its another stupid post by me, anyway.

I'm not sure what atmas to be using as RNG, i currently use VV,GH, and Stout Arm for the STR/AGI/Crit/Ranged Attack/Regain, would really like to know if im doing it wrong or what i should get.

also while im posting, some gear advice would be nice, this is currently what im working with. (really only use bow by the way):

TP:

Ws:
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-31 16:06:13  
VV isn't that great for rng especially if you are using stout arm.
 Asura.Stryger
By Asura.Stryger 2011-03-31 16:07:30  
well ive got alot of Atmas, which do you recommend to use, like i said i was just going by what i -thought- i should be using
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-31 16:13:53  
It's highly situationally. What are you using rng for? How often are you shooting vs standing/running around? Are you there mostly for blue procs? Are you having to hold tp or stay in less optimal range because of hate?
 Asura.Stryger
By Asura.Stryger 2011-03-31 16:16:36  
usually its nothing huge, i just play rng for fun, and if we need alittle extra damage without having to worry about healing, pretty good at watching my hate
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-31 16:25:37  
Well it's hard to watch hate in abyssea. As a DD if you aren't capping you are leeching lol.

For bow I'd do GH, SA, and switch between ascending one and sea daughter depending on how much shooting to not shooting time since one makes you shoot faster the other gives 5 regain.

Also for sidewinder. Rings, legs, waist agi/ratt options are better.

Tp make sure to preshoot in more snapshot. Like on body, waist and hands.

If you have 200% or more tp reflugent becomes good and str stacking becomes better than agi
 Bismarck.Zubuis
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Zubuis
By Bismarck.Zubuis 2011-03-31 16:25:49  
I really like Sea Daughter on RNG. Though I do have the Jishnu's.
 Asura.Stryger
By Asura.Stryger 2011-03-31 16:38:49  
sounds good, thx for the advice

Edit: by SA you mean Stout right?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-31 16:42:23  
Yeah SA= stout arm. I sometimes bring some racc from drifter for things I really want to hit that are evasive... um shinryu

Edit: if you make a tp bonus bow for reflugent or relic/empyrean atmas will be way different.
 Asura.Stryger
By Asura.Stryger 2011-03-31 16:50:46  
i was thinking about the +2 Harrier, but im not sure, currently RNG is more of a im taking a break from MNK job that i play with my social, i didnt consider the TP bonus bow tho, didnt really think about it
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-31 16:52:21  
Well that's cause tp bonus kinda sucks for most rng ws... but it makes reflugent usable so who knows. I'm currently working on it. At 300% reflugent has same ftp as slugwinder but much more acc and well str mod goes from 16 to 60%
 Asura.Stryger
By Asura.Stryger 2011-03-31 17:04:33  
well if you remember after you finish it inform me how it works, id do it if its decent
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-31 17:05:30  
yeah I've just been lazy... rng isn't really great for extended soloing of fodder mobs with any speed for ws spamming like that.
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-03-31 17:30:10  
I use RR + VV + SD. I prefer VV over SA because of the regain. 7/tic takes off an extra hit over 5/tic. I use coronach though, which is modded by dex, so RR is more beneficial to me. Jishnu's even more so. If you're not using a WS modded by dex, you may want to consider using sundering slash + SD + VV. 10/tic is very nice. Can WS faster than any other job, just need to stay alive :|.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [202 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Samir
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Samir
By Carbuncle.Samir 2011-10-19 12:06:36  
I didn't find a Topic for Jishnu's Radiance Atmas in particular, so i will ask here.

I belive that RR, GH, SS was a pretty common combo? I tried it too, for the few times i got to use rng in Abyssea.

Now on another topic i read that Critical Dmg+ caps (or was it even critical hit rate?) at some point.

so i was wondering if it would make sense to drop GH or SS and use Stout Arm instead?

Anyone did more testings on this or has experiences?

thanks
 Cerberus.Kiori
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-10-19 12:24:34  
Carbuncle.Samir said: »
I didn't find a Topic for Jishnu's Radiance Atmas in particular, so i will ask here.

I belive that RR, GH, SS was a pretty common combo? I tried it too, for the few times i got to use rng in Abyssea.

Now on another topic i read that Critical Dmg+ caps (or was it even critical hit rate?) at some point.

so i was wondering if it would make sense to drop GH or SS and use Stout Arm instead?

thanks
i tried out RR, GH, and SA last night, half assing it i was doing between 3-7k. if i used all my abilities and probably stood in the "sweet spot" i may have averaged higher. Before I was using RR, SS, and SA and doing faily decent...can't remember numbers off hand, but i did like switching out SS with GH though.

Edit: this is my weaponskill set so far. still making improvements.

Not augments on the pants just yet, that's my next step. Need to farm some Diorite first.
 Siren.Seiri
サーバ: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-19 12:36:31  
Cerberus.Kiori said: »

thanks
i tried out RR, GH, and SA last night, half assing it i was doing between 3-7k. if i used all my abilities and probably stood in the "sweet spot" i may have averaged higher. Before I was using RR, SS, and SA and doing faily decent...can't remember numbers off hand, but i did like switching out SS with GH though.

Edit: this is my weaponskill set so far. still making improvements.

Not augments on the pants just yet, that's my next step. Need to farm some Diorite first.

+2 hands, augmented seiryu's kote with any crit rate, crimson/blood fingers or hachiryu hands all completely beat alrunas gloves.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-10-19 12:49:12  
i could go back to +2 hands... STR+10 Archery skill +7 "Store TP"+7 is better then AGI+9 Ranged Accuracy+9 Ranged Attack+9 Enhances "Snapshot" effect? I figured the r.ACC would be very important since it is a multi-hit weaponskill, and i figured straight range attack was better then str?
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-19 12:54:13  
i could go back to +2 hands... STR+10 Archery skill +7 "Store TP"+7 is better then AGI+9 Ranged Accuracy+9 Ranged Attack+9 Enhances "Snapshot" effect? I figured the r.ACC would be very important since it is a multi-hit weaponskill, and i figured straight range attack was better then str?

7 archery skill is 7ratk and 6.3racc, with 10str +2 hands exceed alrunas for ratk easily.

Also, fSTR2 will be suffering quite badly with your set, that 10str will add a significant amount to your damage.

And finally the 7stp will help assuming you 4 or 5 hit.
 Carbuncle.Samir
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Samir
By Carbuncle.Samir 2011-10-19 12:56:13  
So... how exactly does the choice of my hand gear affect my Atmas? ;)
 Cerberus.Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-10-19 12:56:41  
i'm quite honestly bad with the conversions...thanks for explaining a bit. i was using them when i first started my set...but i figured these were better. if it's not the case i will gladly change back to my +2 hands since the others aren't an option atm.
 Cerberus.Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-10-19 12:57:16  
was talking to me about the hand gear >.>
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-19 12:58:05  

Sorry got off topic.

RR/GH as a staple for increasing your average dmg.

Either stout arm on high def targets, or omnipotent on lower def. Sanguine scythe is mostly wasted as with RR and lokis with dead aim your already at 85% crit dmg.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-19 12:59:36  
i'm quite honestly bad with the conversions...thanks for explaining a bit. i was using them when i first started my set...but i figured these were better. if it's not the case i will gladly change back to my +2 hands since the others aren't an option atm.

Generally speaking, rng WSs can be considered to have a very large str mod, on top of their additional mods thanks to the effect of fSTR2. So for JR, if you can get a significant amount of str, it will usually beat other options.

Edit: Also if you can get a kirins osode with +3% crit damage, it will beat lokis inside, an osode with 3% crit RATE will be the best outside.
 Cerberus.Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-10-19 13:00:57  
Siren.Seiri said: »

Sorry got off topic.

Either stout arm on high def targets, or omnipotent on lower def. Sanguine scythe is mostly wasted as with RR and lokis with dead aim your already at 85% crit dmg.
i can't honestly test out omnipotent, would be nice to get some of those who do have it for there opinion. my ls doesn't any any empy rangers...so i can't really ask them from expereince.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-19 13:02:59  

Sorry got off topic.

i can't honestly test out omnipotent, would be nice to get some of those who do have it for there opinion. my ls doesn't any any empy rangers...so i can't really ask them from expereince.

From my own experience. If you can come close to capping ratk, omnipotent will blow away other options. If your ratk is low, or the targets vit is high, stout arm will win.
 Cerberus.Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-10-19 13:03:24  

Generally speaking, rng WSs can be considered to have a very large str mod, on top of their additional mods thanks to the effect of fSTR2. So for JR, if you can get a significant amount of str, it will usually beat other options.

Edit: Also if you can get a kirins osode with +3% crit damage, it will beat lokis inside, an osode with 3% crit RATE will be the best outside.
i've seen posts about that also...glad I kept my KO i bought when the first price dropped. i have a lot to do...and seems like I'll be playing around in sky a lot.

oh, what does fSTR2 mean, i've seen that a lot, but I don't understand the abbreviation. I understand that the modifiers cap, or was it the other way around? Where our str caps, but mods do not?
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-19 13:05:45  

i've seen posts about that also...glad I kept my KO i bought when the first price dropped. i have a lot to do...and seems like I'll be playing around in sky a lot.

oh, what does fSTR2 mean, i've seen that a lot, but I don't understand the abbreviation. I understand that the modifiers cap, or was it the other way around? Where our str caps, but mods do not?

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/FSTR2

fSTR/fSTR2 is there for you. Its basically your str - target vit as a modifier.

Also as a little edit to previous.... atma of the griffons claw is a good option on exp level targets.

Edit: Wrong link
 Cerberus.Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-10-19 13:07:18  
thanks, i'll read on from there :) been a great help.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-19 13:07:56  
Np...and check my edit >< fudged the link
First Page 2