フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Salvage for Alexandrite Farming
Salvage for Alexandrite Farming
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-12 02:05:29  
Which zone do you think is best for farming alexandrite? I've had best luck with AR/SSR, but most I usually get is 100~ (purses love giving me 6.) ZR might also be good on the 4th floor where you kill the rampart to port..you could keep killing the wrong rampart for 60+ minutes for 0-3 alexandrite drops.

Apparently one of my friends is running in a 2x a week group and they're pulling in 200-300 alexandrite a run (I call ***) with 12 people (people shouldn't matter..as I've cleared zones with three and there's only a limited number of NMs/gears a run).

Anyone have any suggestions/experience?
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-12 02:10:56  
12 people wtf?
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-12 02:11:52  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
12 people wtf?

Ya I didn't ask either.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
サーバ: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-04-12 02:51:35  
I'd think BR would be the best zone for alex farming, Purses drop from NMs, And you have 4 floors of mobs/ramparts to farm over and over for alex (See: generally, if the rampart pops the NM, it'll pop several times Generally, in my experience)
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-04-12 02:57:50  
I had pretty good luck with arrapago remnants.. kill all the rats the ghost and the chariot all drop the coin pouch..

then maybe get lucky on the boss chariot..

edit.. i wouldn't recommend bhaflau remnants.. the ramparts can be hooker face's ...

its random when they pop out the NM.. i've waited through some of them from 100% health to death 1% a tick per NQ spawn and have no NM show up before

If you are going in with a gang of people ... hmmmm silver sea remants might be good.. loooots of gears especially if you got the citadel chiloen (sp) route.. the usu 35 body dude.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-12 03:10:23  
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
I'd think BR would be the best zone for alex farming, Purses drop from NMs, And you have 4 floors of mobs/ramparts to farm over and over for alex (See: generally, if the rampart pops the NM, it'll pop several times Generally, in my experience)

BR never spawns nms.

Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
I had pretty good luck with arrapago remnants.. kill all the rats the ghost and the chariot all drop the coin pouch..

then maybe get lucky on the boss chariot..

edit.. i wouldn't recommend bhaflau remnants.. the ramparts can be hooker face's ...

its random when they pop out the NM.. i've waited through some of them from 100% health to death 1% a tick per NQ spawn and have no NM show up before

If you are going in with a gang of people ... hmmmm silver sea remants might be good.. loooots of gears especially if you got the citadel chiloen (sp) route.. the usu 35 body dude.

I tend to get 3-4 purses from the 8 AR nms. I'd be going in with just 3 (2 a dualbox) so I'm not sure about SSR. I like gear farming though..purses so random sometimes >< I'd really like to just get 100 a run if possible, but I'm not getting that lucky it seems ;o
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-04-12 03:15:43  
I guess w/e you want to word it.. bhaflau remnants "reinforcements" or NM's.. either way its super random.

but imo arrapago remnants is the least headache to farm.. can go in with 3 people.. i usually do 2 bst and a thf..

just toss jugpet on stuff and afk.. always get all the NM's with plenty of time left..
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-12 03:18:47  
i've had terrible luck with nms spawning in br, arra and ssr are pretty consistently good with alex.
 Sylph.Oddin
サーバ: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-04-12 03:23:23  
I used to do shout runs back during the 75 cap days. In my experience, SSR was usually the best place for alexandrites. I'd usually do Hammerblow > Powderkeg > GGs > CC > Boss and end up with anywhere from 40 to ~200 alexs depending on purses and if linen purse dropped. AR is about the same but the NMs there may not drop purses. ZR is the best if you want to try and farm gears/ramparts/chariots. Floors 5 and 6 are full of them. BR has the highest potential yield overall but is very luck based. You could walk away with a handful or 300+ if you're very lucky.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2011-04-12 03:37:46  
lol first off, anyone doing salvage with 12 people is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Second, anyone telling you they're getting 200 to 300 alex per run is flat out lying, because it's literally impossible unless you're seeing linen purses off the boss on every run (which simply never happens), and they're giving you like 90+ each time.

Now, 200-300 per run with 12 people could be correct, assuming they're spitting up into groups of 6, entering separately, and pooling their alexandrite from two different runs. That makes a LOT more sense.

Either way, I'll give you some advice as a player who's 5/5 on all Salvage gear sets, and has entered the remnants literally every single day for the last year: Some runs, you're just going to get ***. That includes both getting *** on gear drops, and on alexandrite. However, sometimes you're gonna come out on top. That's just the nature of the game. Either way, Salvage has (and hopefully always will be) an event that rewards perseverance. You go as often as you can, and eventually you'll get what you wanted from it.

My recommendations for farming Alexandrite basically stick to two zones, either Bhaflau or Arrapago. Bhaflau is really a hit or miss zone, since you can spend all day on those ramparts and sometimes never see a NM. Other days you can get like seven of them to spawn, and each one will give you a cotton purse. It's totally random (you can try every theory in the book on how to make NMs spawn from ramparts, but in the end you'll come up dry), but has the ability to pay out over 200 alexandrite from a single run, assuming good luck with the rampart NMs and a heavy linen purse from the boss. A bad run in Bhaflau, however, can leave you with less than 10 stones, or whatever you got farming 4th floor gears on your way to the boss.

For a more consistent income of alexandrite, I'd recommend Arrapago. A solid group can guarantee themselves the opportunity at no less than 7 cotton purses per run (6 rats and the mini-chariot) and a linen from the boss. The purses wont always drop, but unlike Bhaflau you're at least seeing the NM and thus have guaranteed the opportunity. An excellent run here can see over 200 stones, and a poor run usually nets about 25.

Honestly though, I'd make your group do a solid mix of all four zones. Spamming the same zone just for alexandrite will make you tire of the event real quickly, and you'll likely end up disappointed at the amount you've gained when compared to the time you've spent. Just go about your business while in salvage... target every NM you can, kill the boss every time you enter, and you'll see your stash of alexandrite improving over time.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-12 03:42:26  
large number of people and lots of alexandrites sounds like 2-4 separate runs. 90 cap means salv is pretty easily cleared with 3-4 characters.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-12 03:48:23  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said:

I tend to get 3-4 purses from the 8 AR nms. I'd be going in with just 3 (2 a dualbox) so I'm not sure about SSR. I like gear farming though..purses so random sometimes >< I'd really like to just get 100 a run if possible, but I'm not getting that lucky it seems ;o
missed this earlier, clearing ssr shouldn't be too bad, i think i almost cleared it skipping turtle at 85 cap with 3. could have killed boss but nobody really cared so we were just dicking around.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2011-04-12 03:52:56  
Sylph.Oddin said:
In my experience, SSR was usually the best place for alexandrites. I'd usually do Hammerblow > Powderkeg > GGs > CC > Boss and end up with anywhere from 40 to ~200 alexs depending on purses and if linen purse dropped.

Yeah SSR is a really good zone to farm for Alexandrite as well, since there are a LOT of archaic machinery on the 3rd and 4th floors. However if your focus is alexandrite, I'd recommend the Marduk feet path instead of Morrigan legs, since it allows you to kill both Gyroscopic gears on the 3rd floor (instead of just one) for a total of 5 NMs per run. Not to mention you get that whole extra room of archaic machinery while farming Skadi hands.

Another tip for SSR: if you're going to 3 man it, I'd recommend making your tank a Warrior, specifically one with access to Fell Cleave. This way, when you zone up to the CC floor, you can spam the chests until you get a Fanatic's Drink, and pop it when the train arrives. You can easily Fell Cleave the whole train down before the Fanatic's wears, allowing you ample time to pull and clear the entire room of archaic machinery before CC spawns (and thus farm more alexandrite from this room).
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-04-12 03:55:13  
It's not that hard to get hammer >> dekka >> gyroscopic gears >> turtle >> boss with 3

key is to just have somebody pull the gears away on the turtle floor and keep an eye out for that patrol.. you only have to kill the ramparts to spawn the turtle rampart..

all the other stuff is just in the way...

although other zones are less of a headache to farm if you are just after alexandrite.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2011-04-12 12:54:23  
I can also attest to BR being absolutely terrible for Alex farming. I think I've probably had the best luck in AR, mostly because of the numerous rat NMs.
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Terrestrialrage 2011-04-12 13:05:45  
Three times now (just started up salvage again) we've cleared Hammer-Dekka-GGs-Turtle-Boss and every gear and rampart on 3 + 4 with 10 minutes remaining as Mnk/Thf/Whm. SSR is usually a very solid alexandrite zone.
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-13 13:40:23  
Question on the SSR run doing Hammer-Dekka-GGs-Turtle-Boss. On the first floor in the room are the fomors sleepable? I know at 75 fomors were not but in some zones (Dyna-Tav and Limbus for example) fomors can be slept now. Also, how will Break land? I would like to avoid having to sack pull the room for Hammer if at all possible.

Thanks~
 Ramuh.Kyawind
user: kyahaha
By Ramuh.Kyawind 2011-04-28 21:03:32  
well for me i just started up salvage again on a trio/quad group so far with bst bst pup pup setup we manage to kill hammer > powderkeg > gearNM > boss with more than 20min remainning

and i wasnt really paying tension to the time but i kinda just looked at the clock assuming i had 20min left after we killed the big guy since we were more of just gear hunting with a pet group.

as for killing wise we killed the gears and the patrols all the way up really. but while doing other zones so far SSR from what i see seem the best solid way for alex drops in my opinion.

but im just wondering is there any other route we can possibly do in my runs so far to help improve the alex drops??? like say take a diff path??
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [357 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Mesic
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-04-19 20:17:06  
I'm really new to trying out salvage, from what I've read here you wanna camp nms, im guessing this means around mobs that are constantly re spawning? where are these exact spots in BR or AR? Do you basically just stick to one room and farm there for the entirety, and near the end make way for the boss? How does it go.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-04-19 20:21:29  
It's all on wiki
[+]
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-04-19 20:24:52  
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Silver_Sea_Remnants

In my opinion this zone had the highest yield when I was doing salvage everyday for about 3 months. It can only be beat by bhaflau remnants, but only if you get like 6-8 NMs from a rampart.

The mob's don't respawn (the ones drop alex anyways) so it's pointless to camp a spot. Also there are several paths to go, and a certain one will yield the most potential cotton purses. Read the site to figure it out. Also bring a thief for TH on gears/ramparts and the boss for potential linen purse.
 Fenrir.Mesic
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-04-21 03:40:23  
Read it all. If a Rampart is poping chigoes, does he always pop chigoes? or can each spawn differ?

O and the spikes on the puddings, what exactly breaks those?
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-04-21 12:45:00  
That's all bhaflau, I said do silver sea! Anyways, the spikes break from any type of magic damage including en-effects, spikes, skillchains, nukes.

The ramparts are all luck. I've heard all sorts of stories like moon phase or game day or killing extra mobs before entering makes it spawn more often, but pretty much luck.

It is usually prudent to kill off the rampart at no less than 50% remaining if no NM has spawned if you want to do other floors and still have time to farm and do the boss (especially if wind weather will hinder you on 4th floor).

Also if a NM happens to pop you should stay until 0% because 99% of the time at least 2 will pop and I have seen up to 8.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Kyawind
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kyawind 2012-04-23 03:25:54  
gyro 3x ??
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-04-23 03:32:47  
Bahamut.Kyawind said: »
gyro 3x ??

the triple gears gyro, the other (from dekka path) is a singular gear gyro
By Quiznor 2012-04-23 03:58:24  
Fenrir.Mesic said: »
I'm really new to trying out salvage, from what I've read here you wanna camp nms, im guessing this means around mobs that are constantly re spawning? where are these exact spots in BR or AR? Do you basically just stick to one room and farm there for the entirety, and near the end make way for the boss? How does it go.

Died a little inside when I read this
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-04-23 03:58:59  
Quiznor said: »
Fenrir.Mesic said: »

Died a little inside when I read this

Wheres that mythic yo!
By Quiznor 2012-04-23 05:23:03  
Blame my server for being absolutely *** useless!
 Bahamut.Kyawind
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kyawind 2012-04-23 13:26:34  
oh that lol~ i thought u mean u pop'd 3x gyro's lol when i was wondering theres only two lol
First Page 2