日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Empyrean Crossroads
Empyrean Crossroads
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-04-25 15:20:49  
I like when people ask questions then answer their questions in the same post.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-25 15:37:57  
Odin.Sheelay said:
SE could always decide to grant DRK a crit+ JT upon the next update and we'd all have tor econsider whatever we said now.

DRK actually was given Critical Damage Bonus at 85, just nothing to use it with aside from melee hits and Rampage/Vorpal.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-25 15:44:00  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
SE could always decide to grant DRK a crit+ JT upon the next update and we'd all have tor econsider whatever we said now.

DRK actually was given Critical Damage Bonus at 85, just nothing to use it with aside from melee hits and Rampage/Vorpal.

Hah, I must've missed that. Maybe it's a hint to future DRK joy. Nvm tha, DRK can't be happy, the world would fall apart.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2011-04-25 15:50:55  
One of the members in the abyssea LS I'm in received his Redemption (85) and has been tooling around with it. In all honesty I don't see what's wrong with the weapon as far as scythes go, no the WS doesn't reach as high numbers as any critical hit ws's empyrean or not. I've seen bout 3k quietus and as low as 1.1k, but I've also noticed that Blade: Hi has erratic dmg (as low as 400 and as high as 4.8k both with 85 kannagi). Honestly though, it seems like you've made up your own mind considering you've ruled out Rhongomiant and Ukonvasara leaving you with Redemption unless you decide not to do any other emp's or decide to lvl up another job with a different weapon choice...
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-04-25 16:00:29  
I guess that I spoke too soon on people being helpful....

I was looking for something along the lines of Zicdeh's "You will never use redemption because of spinning slash" or hoping someone would say "you could use it in situation XYZ".

The ONLY reason that I included the diatribe at the beginning was because I knew some clown would check my profile and comment with the "lulz make a ukko" instead of answering. I just wanted to see if there were situations that I could not think of..... I guess it's too much to ask for opinions when you have 2 weeks to decide.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-25 16:01:54  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Asura.Solara said:
There's no real reason to get Redemption unless you just plain feel like having it. Since you've already decided you don't want the other ones and you're doing a weapon regardless, I don't understand the point of making this thread to have people give you excuses for doing something that you're doing because you feel like it.

I made this thread to decide if having scythe was better than having a GAXE that i would never use (mannequin). I could have a Corvette in New Jersey, but I'd be just fine having a Camaro back home..... At least one will get use (but ill take a Corvette over a Camaro that Ill never drive either).

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:

Yeah, honestly, you decided before you even posted this thread, so now all this looks like is "HAY GUYS LOOK AT ME I AM GONNA GET TWO EMPS FOR THE SAME JOB HARHARHAR"
[+]
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-25 16:03:45  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Asura.Solara said:
There's no real reason to get Redemption unless you just plain feel like having it. Since you've already decided you don't want the other ones and you're doing a weapon regardless, I don't understand the point of making this thread to have people give you excuses for doing something that you're doing because you feel like it.

I made this thread to decide if having scythe was better than having a GAXE that i would never use (mannequin). I could have a Corvette in New Jersey, but I'd be just fine having a Camaro back home..... At least one will get use (but ill take a Corvette over a Camaro that Ill never drive either).

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:

Yeah, honestly, you decided before you even posted this thread, so now all this looks like is "HAY GUYS LOOK AT ME I AM GONNA GET TWO EMPS FOR THE SAME JOB HARHARHAR"

^ yep
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-25 16:08:16  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:

I was looking for something along the lines of Zicdeh's "You will never use redemption because of spinning slash" or hoping someone would say "you could use it in situation XYZ".

The ONLY reason that I included the diatribe at the beginning was because I knew some clown would check my profile and comment with the "lulz make a ukko" instead of answering. I just wanted to see if there were situations that I could not think of..... I guess it's too much to ask for opinions when you have 2 weeks to decide.

I think pretty much everyone here tried to help you out. The fact you had clogged your ears from the very 1st post was your mistake, not ours.
 Ragnarok.Kyoshin
user: HaseAkira
By Ragnarok.Kyoshin 2011-04-25 16:12:58  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:

I think pretty much everyone here tried to help you out. The fact you had clogged your ears from the very 1st post was your mistake, not ours.

In his defense, I know nothing about Redemption besides its aesthetics, so my post was rather useless. Everyone else though was fine and dandy.

My bad. :(
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-04-25 16:13:12  
Odin.Zicdeh said:

I hadn't decided fully. I was just hoping for some opinions since I have 1 empyrean in front of me, and an update, before i have to decide.

I should have just said in my OP: "If i make UKKO I will never be on DRK again, help me decide if it's worth it"
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-25 16:13:39  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:

Two posts underneath your Original.
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Redemption and Quietus might scale better later because of Damage-Mods (STR is always easier to gear for). But right now, there is no redeeming qualities(Ironic that it's named Redemption then?). Torcleaver is the superior Weapon Skill, and, especially now with the Last Resort boost looming, Caladbolg is the Superior Weapon.

On any character besides Taru, Redemption is also incredibly ugly.

I would throw the effort into +2'ing your Bale Body/Hands

There's seriously nothing more to Redemption right now that that. There are no situations where it's a better weapon than Caladbolg in realistic situation.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-25 16:14:32  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

I hadn't decided fully. I was just hoping for some opinions since I have 1 empyrean in front of me, and an update, before i have to decide.

I should have just said in my OP: "If i make UKKO I will never be on DRK again, help me decide if it's worth it"

The fact you are aware you'd be on WAR more should be proof enough of how worth it is
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-04-25 16:15:24  
Oh yeah Zic, I'm not saying that theres not useful things to consider in this thread. I was just attempting to defend myself against the people who started in with "why make this thread then" (implying they didn't come into it repeatedly due to less to read on forum).

I still have NOT made my mind up, I just wanted help weighing my options.

Odin.Sheelay said:
The fact you are aware you'd be on WAR more should be proof enough of how worth it is

I don't deny it's worth it from a usefulness standpoint. I'm asking if it's worth it ENOUGH to say goodbye to drk 95% of the time.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-25 16:19:43  
Is there any reason Gandiva is not an option for you? It'd be the best Empyrean you can pursue, given your current situation.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-25 16:31:10  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Oh yeah Zic, I'm not saying that theres not useful things to consider in this thread. I was just attempting to defend myself against the people who started in with "why make this thread then" (implying they didn't come into it repeatedly due to less to read on forum).

Odin.Sheelay said:

I don't deny it's worth it from a usefulness standpoint. I'm asking if it's worth it ENOUGH to say goodbye to drk 95% of the time.

With the future DRK update and the release of outside Aby fights I don't see how DRK will be put in a worse situation than the one it curently stands in. It should actually become better.

If you've been able to play DRK so far through all of the Abyssea Era then I wouldn't be concerned about its future past Abyssea.

Ukon is an amazing weapon and pulls out great damage, but as you clearly stated you'd rather play DRK then I'd guess you answered your question yourself.

Like Zicdeh and others said in the early posts, both Empy DRK can use can have their utility, so why not just push your effectiveness on the job you like to play?

Cheers
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-04-25 16:50:06  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:

this question can't be honestly answered til we see the results of the crit nerf

edit: i stand corrected, thanks kimble
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-04-25 16:51:06  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:

this question can't be honestly answered til we see the results of the crit nerf

To quell some of your concerns about the adjustments set to take place regarding VIT and critical hits, you'll be glad to know that this adjustment will only be for player characters and NOT monsters. Additionally, in regards to the note about "certain job traits will see their maximum level of effectiveness adjusted by equipment, magic, and/or job abilities" have no fear as no negative adjustments will be taking place. Instead the limits on these will be increased, making players even stronger.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/5969-dev1010-Job-Adjustments-VIT-Adjustment-and-THF?p=83082#post83082
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-04-25 16:51:57  
Sylph.Kimble said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:

To quell some of your concerns about the adjustments set to take place regarding VIT and critical hits, you'll be glad to know that this adjustment will only be for player characters and NOT monsters. Additionally, in regards to the note about "certain job traits will see their maximum level of effectiveness adjusted by equipment, magic, and/or job abilities" have no fear as no negative adjustments will be taking place. Instead the limits on these will be increased, making players even stronger.

oh thanks, i'm not on here nearly as much as i used to be

that made my day :D
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-04-25 16:52:27  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Is there any reason Gandiva is not an option for you? It'd be the best Empyrean you can pursue, given your current situation.

It's not, not an option other than my RNG isn't geared the greatest currently and there isn't really a situation we've that I would be needed. On top of that we have a RNG / THF main who is making Gandiva for their second empy and already has twatstar. Couple that with that I am relied upon to be on either DRK or WAR for !! proc's and it (currently) isn't something i want to pursue.
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-04-25 16:52:30  
I do what I can.
 Cerberus.Jerseymarine
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Jerseymarine 2011-04-25 16:54:03  
i have redemption 85 and i am starting to work on cal, i like my redemption and don't really have any issues with what it does. i just want to have all angles of drk covered so thats why i'm going for the GS also.
[+]
 Asura.Solara
サーバ: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-04-25 17:25:01  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:

I did reply to the question in the OP in my first sentence, I only asked the question as well because I legitimately didn't see the point of the thread.

The OP lists other stuff that you don't want, then says "sell me on the pro's of making a redemption for someone who already owns a caladbolg."

Your first response in the thread shot down every other weapon again, and said "What I'm really looking for is situations that I would use scythe empyrean over great sword."

You say you haven't decided, but you've made it clear that you just plain want the scythe, so just do it.

Quote:

You've been given the answer in terms of pure utility from the beginning, the "ENOUGH" part only exists in your head, and you've made it clear you want to play Drk as much as possible. Nothing anyone's going to say here is going to change your actual feelings on saying "goodbye to drk".

Although I do wonder how your argument went from the Ukon being wasted on your mannequin to you being on War 95% of the time.

Anyway, you want a Redemption, just get it. Emps are easy enough that you can go get a different one later if you still feel like it.
[+]
By sefalon 2011-04-25 17:39:26  
I don't like having my eggs in one basket. I would prefer to have more jobs with empy. I have masamune and it blows compared to others like war nin and mnk. You have already stated what you wanted since the post was put under dark and not general.. Do what makes you happy. You have one empy all ready so its like a free roll.

On a side note what is a low man strat for buhkis I was wanting a farsha myself. Someone said that is easy
 Lakshmi.Cesil
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2011-04-25 17:47:16  
I say pick one that you really like for a job you love. My twashtar is almost finished for my DNC...IDC when people tell me make it a GA instead..I don't play WAR and never will lol. So if you love DRK and want the weapon for it go for it! Screw what anyone else thinks just do what makes ya happy :)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-04-25 17:56:13  
Stop being a *** and get the Empy Scythe then show us what a real drk can do with it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Returner
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-04-25 18:55:04  
Scythe does offer a better hit build (easier to achieve 5 hit as opposite to GS achieving 6 hit, which is what I am currently going with my caladbolg), and is slightly faster in WS rate, about 7% more WS compare to a 6 hit caladbolg. Therefore, it makes up a bit for the lack of WS damage, which isn't really that bad to begin with.

But if you are thinking that Quietus will improve in the future then you are wrong. The ignore defense is only 10% at 100%, 30% at 200%, 50% at 300%, not nearly enough to close the gap on Torcleaver on any mob. Spinning slash would be good but you don't get the aftermath so that's not really a good comparison. With LR being 3 mins soon, attack shouldn't be as hard to cap against HNM as before, and who knows what other buffs we are getting.

I personally don't think it is worth it, and would suggest you go with Ukon. For now it might force you to go WAR, but in the future, with more buffs for drk coming and new stuff outside abyssea, you will be able to go DRK more, and occasionally play with WAR if it becomes interesting. I personally hate that job and will never touch it but if you have it lvled, why not play around a bit. Better than having a useless scythe that at its best is about same as caladbolg.
[+]
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2011-04-25 21:11:23  
Asura.Arkanethered said:
Has anything been found that shows that scythe to be superior to Calad? From my perspective of having two relics for the same job. It is fun, but at the same time it's fustrating. If I didn't have apoc I honestly don't know if I would consider the scythe. I would probably do ukon or another one. (lol I have ><)
Im surprised you did calad considering you have an Apoc. Both weapons are relatively equal to one another. Even inside of abyssea, Apoc can keep up with calad np. Calad does excel on low def mobs over Apoc though, so exp mobs calad would be the choice.

With new mobs coming out this May assuming they carry the same stats as abyssean mobs, Apoc should pull ahead of calad with the extra accuracy its carrying. If accuracy is not an issue, they should be on equal grounds.

Remember Apoc can 6hit just fine, and with a few tweeks calad can 7hit just fine(check out Zicdeh's 7hit he posted), being 1 hit less to 100 for Apoc is what keeps it on par.

Dont try to lower Apocs 6hit to 5hit, it lowers your overall damage, esp at higher haste situations where you are adding more ws delay, attack is always relevant on any mobs worth anything, and you give up a lot for a 5hit, same goes with 6hit calad, dont bother it lowers your overall output.

Just to give you an idea on things, mobs in abyssea(exp) are roughly 420-450 in def, with LR up+RCB GS merits, calad would be around 920-930 attack and scythe around 990. I can only imagine how high NM def goes making attack still important.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Beef
user: beeeeef
By Ragnarok.Beef 2011-04-25 21:57:40  
i think it's kind of *** up that people ***on him for trying to take a preemptive strike BEFORE getting trolled, for "loldrk lvl mnk/war" whatever, and then gets trolled for trying to stop it before it happens.

but i think you should do scythe or the drg one, because chances are you already know someone with a ukon. it's really a gamble though, because nobody knows how relevant any of these weapons will be with the new update.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-25 22:09:20  
Ragnarok.Beef said:
i think it's kind of *** up that people ***on him for trying to take a preemptive strike BEFORE getting trolled, for "loldrk lvl mnk/war" whatever, and then gets trolled for trying to stop it before it happens.

but i think you should do scythe or the drg one, because chances are you already know someone with a ukon. it's really a gamble though, because nobody knows how relevant any of these weapons will be with the new update.

You didn't really read the OP, did you?

Edit: That avatar of yours is quite awesome though, lol
 Ragnarok.Beef
user: beeeeef
By Ragnarok.Beef 2011-04-25 23:26:12  
nope, i'm an ADHD dyslexic so maybe that explains it