The Neo-Black Belt Report.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » The Neo-Black Belt Report.
The Neo-Black Belt Report.
First Page 2
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-05-11 23:15:53  
I've sifted through everyone's comments and i have yet to see any information on the new black belt process.

Before anyone's troll attempt i bandwagoned my monk to farm with a whitemage and it's barely a month or two old in terms of trying to gear it. So leave the "no black belt yet?" at the door kthnx.

But concerning the Behemoth KS99 as of current, we just did it twice and resulted in two beastly shank pop items and one behemoth tounge.

We are sitting waiting to pop the NQ anyways for dring and i will keep updated on the other KS99's as well as the personal luck we have with a HQ pop to drop. We have a theory of 1/7 chance for HQ.

Any other data or thread links concerning this may prove helpful not only to me or others in future. Sorry if it was overlooked.
[+]
 Bismarck.Grizzle
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Grizzle
By Bismarck.Grizzle 2011-05-11 23:19:57  
Did 5 Behemoth KS99's and got 1 Tongue to drop. And didn't get one King pop out of the 5 Behemoths we killed. That was with TH8/9.
[+]
 Valefor.Bloodcat
サーバ: Valefor
user: Bcat
By Valefor.Bloodcat 2011-05-11 23:23:18  
1/4 ksnm 99 wyrm for beard
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-05-11 23:25:12  
Bismarck.Grizzle said:
Did 5 Behemoth KS99's and got 1 Tongue to drop. And didn't get one King pop out of the 5 Behemoths we killed. That was with TH8/9.
My LS has a theory the HQ drop will be as often as it's pop chance so thats why i mentioned the 1/7 personal theory.

But since the HQ BB item isnt 100% you would think they might ease it a little. If not they just made Blackbelts super hard to get and pure luck as anticipated/thought by the community... even if you sit on 2000+ kindred seals.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-05-11 23:33:25  
0/2 on drops for an HQ item on behemoth. This system sucks lol.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-05-11 23:44:43  
KSNM rates seem unchanged. Last night we got 4/6 Wyrm Beards from the KSNM, and then 2/7 Tongue from Horns of War. It's really not so bad, it just forces you to do the KS99s, which aren't even remotely difficult any more. You'll be doing them anyway if you want gear from any of the HNMs as well. It's not so bad.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-05-11 23:49:22  
It's not so bad if you have tons of KS and friends willing to help. I personally feel bad asking 6 people for 99 KS to spam the turtle for my egg, to have a decent chance of no HQ pops and possibly (or probably) no egg from the ksnm.
[+]
 Bahamut.Gimpness
user: Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-05-12 00:11:26  
I bandwagoned my mnk too D: i got black belt in a week. Granted I have some awsome friends who dragged me into it and made me, but yea >_> finshed like 3 days before the update, had mnk 90 for say... 6-7 days?

but, on topic:
I hear the drops are horrid for hq king pops. so they really *** over brown belt mnks and people who don't have abjurations that they want ;;

edit: do these have procs too (or do we not really know yet)? like voidwatch nms and the new dynamis crap?
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-05-12 00:59:23  
Just did the aspid KS99 3 times with only 1 NQ pop item each time, beginning to think 1 is 100% with maybe the small possibility of two?

1/3 on egg as well for that set of 3 runs.

Moving on to nq pop now, will let you know.
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-12 01:09:07  
Where are you getting the pop chance from? there are 7 windows a day sure, but on the first days he has no pop chance, and the chance get's greater and greater as it moves away from last NH pop. Chance of a pop is 1/7. Chance of an hq pop is much more complicated.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-05-12 01:16:12  
Its a discussion we had within our linkshell, and from a designers standpoint they probably litterally coded the drop rate to coincide with the pop chance on the old king spawn conditions.

True that the chance was greater with time or maintenance but obviously that would play no role in the new system.

0/1 on the first attempt at adamantoise for HQ pop. I feel bad about getting the egg when two others were 2/3 but YOYD for 99 seals and now im matching them for 2/3.

Hope we have some better luck tonight want all 3 of us to finish.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-05-12 01:19:42  
1/2 red pondweed. awesome. doing third now.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-05-12 01:21:21  
Siren.Clinpachi said:

TH on them?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-05-12 01:22:07  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
That's some good luck. We did 3 Behemoths and 3 Fafnirs with max TH. No pop items from any of them.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-05-12 01:26:13  
yeah sorry TH8 on all so far.

We went 0/2 for HQ on behemoth and 1/3 on adamantoise total for now.

Highly recommend TH no matter what when doing this. Otherwise you wasted a KS99 orb and all that work.
 Odin.Spccdog
サーバ: Odin
user: spccdog
By Odin.Spccdog 2011-05-12 01:43:43  
It separates bandwagon and real monks more. Thank you SE :)
[+]
 Cerberus.Blazed
By Cerberus.Blazed 2011-05-12 01:44:30  
other than Ridill/Dring/BB items, you shouldn't be doing this *** system. Einherjar is far more rewarding for abjurations.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-12 01:47:21  
Odin.Spccdog said:

Too bad you don't seem to be a real monk yourself :)
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-05-12 01:50:37  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Odin.Spccdog said:

Too bad you don't seem to be a real monk yourself :)
oh wow rofl.

We got full drops on aspid just now from the HQ pop including egg. So with 3 turtle runs we got 2 eggs. The aspid pop was pure luck though according to everyone elses results this far.

We plan to do more aspid and move on to the fafnir/nid tomorrow sometime, so i will report back and let you all know how it went.

I hope this has been somewhat useful information for anyone else waiting for information.
 Valefor.Kungg
サーバ: Valefor
user: Kung
By Valefor.Kungg 2011-05-12 02:13:40  
Odin.Spccdog said:

so having a black belt makes you a real monk?
[+]
By lilagon 2011-05-12 02:19:45  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Bismarck.Grizzle said:
even if you sit on 2000+ kindred seals.

anyone else notice this guys has 2000+ KS >.<
 Cerberus.Bondii
user: Yoichi
By Cerberus.Bondii 2011-05-12 02:21:04  
Bismarck.Grizzle said:

Pretty much the same as this but 3/5 Tongues and 0/4 HQ from Behemoth. TH 8/9 too.
 Cerberus.Bondii
user: Yoichi
By Cerberus.Bondii 2011-05-12 02:23:10  
Odin.Spccdog said:

Real monks know
Valefor.Kungg said:
Odin.Spccdog said:

No but apprently using faith torque with a staff does lol
 Odin.Spccdog
By Odin.Spccdog 2011-05-12 02:28:25  
lol cuz im stuck on shaggoth its a *** to get help for him. and ive ben mnk for 5+ years. that makes a real monk
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-12 02:54:17  
Odin.Spccdog said:
lol cuz im stuck on shaggoth its a *** to get help for him. and ive ben mnk for 5+ years. that makes a real monk

Knowing how to gear and play the job makes a real MNK, idk what you did for the past 5 years
[+]
 Siren.Sover
user: Galactus
By Siren.Sover 2011-05-12 03:00:25  
Valefor.Kungg said:
Odin.Spccdog said:

I was 3/3 on black belt items when my MNK was level 5... I had even done the rest of the quest long before then so I could sell the brown belt. Does that make me a real monk?

lol granted, when Abyssea came out and I bandwagoned MNK to 90 and finally made my black belt, I had to buy another brown belt... but that's beside the point.
[+]
 Odin.Spccdog
By Odin.Spccdog 2011-05-12 03:08:35  
Quote:
Knowing how to gear and play the job makes a real MNK, idk what you did for the past 5 years
and not actually playing or knowing how i do the job. while you troll these forums makes you a troll. Troll on :)
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-12 03:09:58  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Odin.Spccdog said:

why you gotta troll so much sheelay

i mean that's basically all you do around here

you, nyghtfire, and rean, i just don't see what motivates you guys :(
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-12 03:11:19  
Odin.Spccdog said:
Quote:
and not actually playing or knowing how i do the job. while you troll these forums makes you a troll. Troll on :)

And epeen comments such as yours on people working to improve their MNKs makes you sound afraid of players that manage to achieve goals fatser than you and probably do a better job than you :D
[+]
First Page 2