フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » Fell Cleave Party Ratings
Fell Cleave Party Ratings
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2011-05-22 17:38:08  
Titan.Ramsos said:
If people want to pay for FC parties, thats their choice. Its not really something that we should be arguing about. FC leechers most likely make their gil back by selling cruor bought items. Dom-ops people have the option to make more gil by not paying for exp, but getting less exp in the long run. Its up to you how you get your exp, neither side is 100% wrong.

Thank you for your post Ramsos. I've noticed a lot of horrid charged FC's. I would not want others to go through it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-22 17:40:26  
Phoenix.Eiryn said:
An argument has 2 sides. Ardiem and I are presenting the other side. You can't just post something defending your precious FC groups and expect it to go unscathed... let alone on ffxiah forums. At least the two of us did it civilly.
The only argument that really deserves a place in this thread is whether or not the groups listed are accurately judged. If you aren't interested in paying for a cleave then the common sense conclusion that should be made is that this thread is not for you. It does not require elaboration of any kind beyond that, at least in this thread.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2011-05-22 17:48:04  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Phoenix.Eiryn said:
An argument has 2 sides. Ardiem and I are presenting the other side. You can't just post something defending your precious FC groups and expect it to go unscathed... let alone on ffxiah forums. At least the two of us did it civilly.
The only argument that really deserves a place in this thread is whether or not the groups listed are accurately judged. If you aren't interested in paying for a cleave then the common sense conclusion that should be made is that this thread is not for you. It does not require elaboration of any kind beyond that, at least in this thread.

There were 2 categories that were altered earlier "Tolerable" and "Poor". Those were taking off due to being linked with player warnings. In reply to biggz I've stated that these were my opinions. Those 2 posts were deleted by the moderator. Note that many don't go to every FC party out there. So these are the good FC's in my view, I've been to atleast 2 of each listed persons FC.

I wanted to put a review on why each person listed was good, although to avoid being overly critical, I had to avoid this. I would need to go to more of these FCs in order to get a more accurate account.

Edit: Also Vandel's and Seshamaru's FC were recently added.
 Phoenix.Bleube
user: Bleube
By Phoenix.Bleube 2011-05-22 17:53:14  
criticize me! i wanna know!
 Phoenix.Eiryn
user: Eiryn
By Phoenix.Eiryn 2011-05-22 17:59:39  
Sorry, I did not know there was a huge to-do about this last night. The toughest part about the merger with titan is that we pretty much wandered away from a gil based game, with a few exceptions, and now there is a need for gil again, lol. So I can see how this can become a heated topic.
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2011-05-22 18:09:39  
Phoenix.Bleube said:

You were Excellent. If you shout, people that want to pay for FC should flock. It'll be worth it.

Very good gear, very competent, gil to xp is awesome.
By Caladan 2011-05-22 18:12:26  
Any suggestions for our group? (Seshamaru by your post).
Just wondering ^^
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2011-05-22 18:16:03  
Thanks for the info presented here btw guys. I have never been part of a FC party (leeching or otherwise) and knowing a bit more about how they should be run and my consumer rights as a leecher is good info to have should I consider investing in one in the future.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2011-05-22 18:17:13  
Caladan said:
Any suggestions for my group? (Seshamaru by your post)

I had to miss that FC run, since I was waiting on an impending sky run that did not happen. I did expect it to go well though, I sent text Redfrost to join your FC. He loved it, and raved about the skill of the FC and xp gain. Hopefully I can join your FC one of these days to give my personal opinion, but Red is an awesome dude and I trust him.
By Caladan 2011-05-22 18:21:20  
Yeah he is a good guy ^^ if you want to come look for us in a few weeks we don't do them as often as some of the other groups ^^ Sad part was that run we had almost an hour of crappy boxes cause of the box cap that was one of our worst runs we only made 1.4 mil exp in 6 hours. And yes we keep track of what the party members are getting for their money. We do NOT want to take advantage of any one ^^
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2011-05-22 18:23:28  
Caladan said:
Yeah he is a good guy ^^ if you want to come look for us in a few weeks we don't do them as often as some of the other groups ^^ Sad part was that run we had almost an hour of crappy boxes cause of the box cap that was one of our worst runs we only made 1.4 mil exp in 6 hours.

That is very impressive! I had a 10 hour run that netted around 600k xp earlier. It just shows you how the xp changes drastically with different FC's.

I do agree with you on keeping track of people. FCers that put their costumers needs first, has high merits in my eyes.
By Jurges 2011-05-22 21:54:32  
Received a a lot of /tells in-game saying glowing reviews on Drake from people not affiliated with him. So definitely bumping him up.
See.. this was the original intention. Keep letting us know
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2011-05-24 04:47:51  
Liglebaud and Varin have a Respectable FC. It was 500k for 6 hours which is decent. They went steadily for a long time.
 Phoenix.Bleube
user: Bleube
By Phoenix.Bleube 2011-05-25 02:59:47  
Phoenix.Dragonwarrior said:
Phoenix.Bleube said:

You were Excellent. If you shout, people that want to pay for FC should flock. It'll be worth it.

i can die happy now...

someone doesnt think im gimp!
 Phoenix.Pozcat
user: Pozcat
By Phoenix.Pozcat 2011-05-25 03:22:37  
Phoenix.Bleube said:
Phoenix.Dragonwarrior said:
Phoenix.Bleube said:

i can die happy now...

someone doesnt think im gimp!
Don't worry bleube, you're still a gimp in my eyes <3
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-05-25 03:41:20  
Related question: What makes a good FC?

I'm considering levelling WHM up on my mule so I can do my own, but would WAR + WHM be enough to do a reasonable one? (Mostly for friends/LS members and such who don't/can't get an ally of their own for whatever reason)

What sort of "gear level" is "required" and what Atmas would be best suited for FC'ing?
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-25 04:54:54  
Sylph.Hitetsu said:

I'm considering levelling WHM up on my mule so I can do my own, but would WAR + WHM be enough to do a reasonable one? (Mostly for friends/LS members and such who don't/can't get an ally of their own for whatever reason)

What sort of "gear level" is "required" and what Atmas would be best suited for FC'ing?

In my eyes, the general criteria for a good FC are:
1. Pulls are kept constant, no 15 minute breaks with no exp (really helps to have a 3rd person to pull the mobs for you, but not necessary).
2. Leechers are allowed a grace period upon joining the party in which they do not have to pay. This allows them to decide if it's worth their money or not. ex: first hour free.
3. The actual cleaving takes no more than a few seconds. 2-3 weaponskills should be enough to kill all of the mobs (1-2 of 2houring).
4. All chests should be keyed. Taking time to check all of the chests generally results in missing some of them.
5. The cleaver should have capped pearl/azure/ruby light before the cleave begins.
6. Leechers are refunded when necessary.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2011-05-27 00:50:56  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Sylph.Hitetsu said:

In my eyes, the general criteria for a good FC are:
1. Pulls are kept constant, no 15 minute breaks with no exp (really helps to have a 3rd person to pull the mobs for you, but not necessary).
2. Leechers are allowed a grace period upon joining the party in which they do not have to pay. This allows them to decide if it's worth their money or not. ex: first hour free.
3. The actual cleaving takes no more than a few seconds. 2-3 weaponskills should be enough to kill all of the mobs (1-2 of 2houring).
4. All chests should be keyed. Taking time to check all of the chests generally results in missing some of them.
5. The cleaver should have capped pearl/azure/ruby light before the cleave begins.
6. Leechers are refunded when necessary.

I do agree with Kirana on these criteria. Here are some things to also note.

A FC can be done with a War and Rdm (with 5/5 Phalanx 2). Grim body can make a big difference. I've rarely seen a refund, but unless someone prepaid for 4 hours but the FC ended after 3 hours. You need to refund the last hour or that is basically a rip off.
By Ashaaman 2011-05-27 01:51:13  
I do a fairly successful cleave party that I've begun to sell spots for on Sylph. While I agree w/ the above standards, the only one I have a qualm with is 15 mins w/ no exp. Sometimes, after going 3, 4, 5+ hours, you just need a break. When I do this, I simply just don't charge for that 15 mins and give the person an extra 15.

As for atma, I just use DD atma, or straight STR/Att Atma.

I pull in pull PDT(Grim, Twilight Torq, Dark Rings, Back/Waist/Legs/Feet/Hands, etc) and then depending on the mob, I either just fulltime that gear if it's harder hitting mobs, or swap to a regular Cleave set.

I use WHM+WAR for my cleaves, it's more work, but it works just fine as long as you stay on top of the cures.

Imo, you shouldn't be getting any less than 130-140k exp/hour in a good cleave. So I guess that would be my standard. Most times I cleave I avg 160+(this is after the first hour which was already notated above.)
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2011-05-28 04:26:59  
Ashaaman said:
I do a fairly successful cleave party that I've begun to sell spots for on Sylph. While I agree w/ the above standards, the only one I have a qualm with is 15 mins w/ no exp. Sometimes, after going 3, 4, 5+ hours, you just need a break. When I do this, I simply just don't charge for that 15 mins and give the person an extra 15.

I pull in pull PDT(Grim, Twilight Torq, Dark Rings, Back/Waist/Legs/Feet/Hands, etc) and then depending on the mob, I either just fulltime that gear if it's harder hitting mobs, or swap to a regular Cleave set.

I use WHM+WAR for my cleaves, it's more work, but it works just fine as long as you stay on top of the cures.

Imo, you shouldn't be getting any less than 130-140k exp/hour in a good cleave. So I guess that would be my standard. Most times I cleave I avg 160+(this is after the first hour which was already notated above.)

I agree with you. War's need breaks on long runs. Although a war can't simply take a 30 minute break and charge 100k for that hour. Basically the Leech paid full for half that hour.
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2011-05-28 04:29:37  
I just did a 150k/fulltime run with Biggz. It was my second run with him, and prior to this run, I had him at "Poor". This run had a very bad start, but it ended well. The xp wasn't great, although for 150k it was a good bargain. I understand that Biggz 150k runs are common. I'm bumping his ratings up to "Respectable". At long as the xp is worth the gil, then it's a good FC.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-28 05:06:29  
Ashaaman said:

I'd say it's perfectly acceptable to take a break as long as you are not charging for that time.
By Jurges 2011-05-28 22:25:48  
After 8 hours so far, in a 10 hour Vandel fell cleave, I've updated the list. Vandel and his boys are a machine btw.

Also, added Biggz, Cayota and Devilbringer to the list.
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2011-05-28 22:30:50  
Jurges said:
After 8 hours so far, in a 10 hour Vandel fell cleave, I've updated the list. Vandel and his boys are a machine btw.

Also, added Biggz and Devilbringer to the list.

Yeah I'm in the same FC. This is insane. The guy is definitely a machine. It's worth every penny!
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2011-06-09 00:52:54  
Putting Chomeymatt at "Good" Rating. Going to do a 3rd testing.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-06-15 03:59:22  
Did one with Hanara yesterday, and it was my first experience, but it went very good imho.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-06-15 04:15:40  
I do a lot of mercing, selling cleave spots, items, exp spots, and tbh we see more exp faster @ misareaux bugards, pulling 18-24 of them with one puller, and having a 4 DD w/ emps rip them down fairly fast, we see about 150-160k exp/hr and altho I know the effectivness of a good cleave burn, I don't think under ideal conditions it could breech a party set up of 4 emps, 1 healer, and 1 puller, with 12 leech spots open.

I only say that because you only get EXP for the first 8 mobs, so if they pull more then 8 then you're depending on the splash over mobs to either resist damage if its an elemental magic WS, take a weak hit from a cleave, or just straight up be out of range.

:s EXP grows faster that way as well w/ not only golden from ruby lights but from chaining faster opposed to when you cleave a bunch of mobs your only chaining 1 mob, not all the mobs you cleave.

my opinion only, cleave partys are nice if you're looking to get exp from dominion or depending on blue boxes for exp, not if you're looking for core EXP that will get you levels fast.
 Ragnarok.Leth
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Leth
By Ragnarok.Leth 2011-06-15 04:26:51  
Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:
I do a lot of mercing, selling cleave spots, items, exp spots, and tbh we see more exp faster @ misareaux bugards, pulling 18-24 of them with one puller, and having a 4 DD w/ emps rip them down fairly fast, we see about 150-160k exp/hr and altho I know the effectivness of a good cleave burn, I don't think under ideal conditions it could breech a party set up of 4 emps, 1 healer, and 1 puller, with 12 leech spots open. I only say that because you only get EXP for the first 8 mobs, so if they pull more then 8 then you're depending on the splash over mobs to either resist damage if its an elemental magic WS, take a weak hit from a cleave, or just straight up be out of range. :s EXP grows faster that way as well w/ not only golden from ruby lights but from chaining faster opposed to when you cleave a bunch of mobs your only chaining 1 mob, not all the mobs you cleave. my opinion only, cleave partys are nice if you're looking to get exp from dominion or depending on blue boxes for exp, not if you're looking for core EXP that will get you levels fast.
Or you could use a WAR x3 WHM x3 party, cap pearle at first, then do 3 separate cleaves on the same type of mobs! But this could work just if there is a camp with no people at all killing mobs, and repops would be an issue since WARs would probably have to wait while doing nothing. All sum, this is a stupid idea, yeah. Nvm. Kthxbye.
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2011-06-24 02:32:05  
Ragnarok.Leth said:
Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:
I do a lot of mercing, selling cleave spots, items, exp spots, and tbh we see more exp faster @ misareaux bugards, pulling 18-24 of them with one puller, and having a 4 DD w/ emps rip them down fairly fast, we see about 150-160k exp/hr and altho I know the effectivness of a good cleave burn, I don't think under ideal conditions it could breech a party set up of 4 emps, 1 healer, and 1 puller, with 12 leech spots open. I only say that because you only get EXP for the first 8 mobs, so if they pull more then 8 then you're depending on the splash over mobs to either resist damage if its an elemental magic WS, take a weak hit from a cleave, or just straight up be out of range. :s EXP grows faster that way as well w/ not only golden from ruby lights but from chaining faster opposed to when you cleave a bunch of mobs your only chaining 1 mob, not all the mobs you cleave. my opinion only, cleave partys are nice if you're looking to get exp from dominion or depending on blue boxes for exp, not if you're looking for core EXP that will get you levels fast.
Or you could use a WAR x3 WHM x3 party, cap pearle at first, then do 3 separate cleaves on the same type of mobs! But this could work just if there is a camp with no people at all killing mobs, and repops would be an issue since WARs would probably have to wait while doing nothing. All sum, this is a stupid idea, yeah. Nvm. Kthxbye.

Or you could get 1 decent war, 1 whm, 1 puller (pld or rdm work best). Have the puller pull every close mob (same type). Bing bang boom all dead.
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2011-06-24 02:36:26  
Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:
I do a lot of mercing, selling cleave spots, items, exp spots, and tbh we see more exp faster @ misareaux bugards, pulling 18-24 of them with one puller, and having a 4 DD w/ emps rip them down fairly fast, we see about 150-160k exp/hr and altho I know the effectivness of a good cleave burn, I don't think under ideal conditions it could breech a party set up of 4 emps, 1 healer, and 1 puller, with 12 leech spots open.

I only say that because you only get EXP for the first 8 mobs, so if they pull more then 8 then you're depending on the splash over mobs to either resist damage if its an elemental magic WS, take a weak hit from a cleave, or just straight up be out of range.

:s EXP grows faster that way as well w/ not only golden from ruby lights but from chaining faster opposed to when you cleave a bunch of mobs your only chaining 1 mob, not all the mobs you cleave.

my opinion only, cleave partys are nice if you're looking to get exp from dominion or depending on blue boxes for exp, not if you're looking for core EXP that will get you levels fast.

This whole topic is about finding the right FC service. I've mostly used this just to leech my jobs. I've noticed the "Excellent" FC's hit over 150k xp/hr.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7