Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Zefyr
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2011-08-01 18:32:05  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
single-hit weapon skills receiving is absurdly large accuracy boost is old, old, OLD news chief

we're talking like, early '06, at the latest

Maybe old news for people who spend all their time reading BG, but not every player has time to do that. There was never anything as annoying as missing a gekko, so I've always made acc a priority on gkt WS after STR and atk.
 Bismarck.Aerison
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-08-01 18:32:51  
Asura.Dajociont said:
Bolded Capital Letters. Lol.

OMG
 Asura.Dajociont
サーバ: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-08-01 18:33:59  
aerison wins this round :(
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-01 18:34:40  

That's what I use. I hit 127.36% of all my WSs.
[+]
 Bismarck.Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-08-01 18:35:06  
Asura.Dajociont said:

consolation prize?
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-08-01 18:37:50  
Bismarck.Aerison said:
Asura.Dajociont said:

consolation prize?

prize? more like, surprise!

groove time, baby
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-01 18:37:58  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
/ja "Tears" <t>

draylo's not even in this thread (yet?), but regardless, you should read more: am i talking about warrior currently? no? would you prefer me to then?

Sylph.Zefyr said:
Maybe old news for people who spend all their time reading BG, but not every player has time to do that.

it was on alla, ki, even the damn wiki forums; if you ever go as far as to post on a forum in first place, trying to give advice, i'd sure hope you'd at least peek around for step-above-basic knowledge
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-01 18:39:46  
Draylo doesn't love me anymore.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-01 18:44:27  
Kaiten/Cata here

My error on this set of tests, data was on crabs and melee hitrate wasn't floored. Still indicates a minimum ~90-100 acc boost. I know there's some data out there somewhere involving Goblin THF mobs, iirc the ones in Bibiki, so I'll try to find that.

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-01 18:46:09  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I know there's some data out there somewhere involving Goblin THF mobs, iirc the ones in Bibiki, so I'll try to find that.

that testing would be that one guy that posted on alla night, galka sam; forget his name atm :(

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
it's just dumb to see random threads for random jobs and the same responses over and over.

welcome to ffxi: there is a right, and then there is a wrong; there is no such thing as in-between in a game that's been found out thoroughly thanks to it being out for so long now

rewind back before abyssea, and REST ASSURED, i was not preaching warrior by ANY means
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-01 18:46:10  
I honestly thought that everyone knew most 1hit weaponskills receive an enormous boost to ACC naturally. As Ironguy said, it's been some of the most common DD knowledge for years now. It's almost physically impossible not to cap ACC on them...
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-01 18:46:38  
that testing would be that one guy that posted on alla ki night, galka sam; forget his name atm :(
The one with the "Epic Galka SAM Maneuver" that got taken off of youtube?
 Sylph.Zefyr
サーバ: Sylph
user: Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2011-08-01 18:48:58  
it was on alla, ki, even the damn wiki forums; if you ever go as far as to post on a forum in first place, i'd sure hope you'd peek around for step-above-basic knowledge

Forums are notoriously difficult to glean real info from if you don't have time to keep up to date on them and/or read all the old threads. Just look at this thread: someone reading this is going to see a bunch of argument with maybe like 2 pieces of real information, if they spend the time to find it.

I don't remember running across this particular piece of info before. I do know that when I was a new SAM, I found that my gekkos missed a lot. So, at the time I made adjustments to make them miss less and that experience has carried through to today. Obviously things change, and supposedly there has been this massive ACC bonus for years (btw, was it true before the 2h update that acc didn't matter? probably not) that I somehow missed out on.

I read a lot of wiki articles because that's the most natural place to go if a player wants to find some info. Not forums. Forums are a massive black hole for your free time that not everybody wants to dive in to. I now see that right on the main WS category page on the wiki it says "In most cases, the first hit of a Weapon Skill (single and multi-hit) receives a large power and accuracy bonus." I haven't looked at that article in years though.

At any rate: yeah, you're right, at least according to people that edit the wiki, and for something as central to the game experience as WSs, you can general rely on people to have their facts straight on there. I'm looking forward to testing it out myself for the tiny, tiny power boost that varangian helm will give over twilight. And every time I miss one of my Fudos my subconscious will think it's because I'm stacking -ACC even if I know that that is not actually true.

Edit: Also, I joined this thread to give advice on getting TP in 5 hits which I've done a lot more research into than actual WS damage. I only got dragged into this fight over ACC after the fact.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-08-01 18:49:04  
We all know Varangian helm is better than twilight most of the time...I don't care...The reason I use twilight is: I have it and don't want to waste inventory on Varangian. Yes it makes my sam gimp on 2 str on head. Get over it.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-01 18:49:48  
Ramuh.Austar said:
that testing would be that one guy that posted on alla ki night, galka sam; forget his name atm :(
The one with the "Epic Galka SAM Maneuver" that got taken off of youtube?

while it's not the same person, that video was still ridiculously funny

Bismarck.Raistlinratt said:
I don't care

that's nice and all, but if that is truly the case, you shouldn't be posting; feel free to introduce yourself to a porter moogle sometime, might i add
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-01 18:49:55  
Gotta love dem placebos.
By Greatmagician 2011-08-01 18:50:15  
i use twilight helm on sam too, *** v helm. ugly *** ***
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-01 18:51:42  
BlinkMeNot solves that problem
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-01 18:54:51  
Greatmagician said:
*** v helm. ugly *** ***

you should listen to better music ok
 Bismarck.Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-08-01 18:55:11  
Valefor.Prothescar said:
BlinkMeNot solves that problem
or .dat swap
 Ragnarok.Kongming
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-08-01 18:58:35  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Kaiten/Cata here

My error on this set of tests, data was on crabs and melee hitrate wasn't floored. Still indicates a minimum ~90-100 acc boost. I know there's some data out there somewhere involving Goblin THF mobs, iirc the ones in Bibiki, so I'll try to find that.
I always thought the boost was only 100... It most certainly doesn't cap hit rate outright, but rather is some value of accuracy. Conceivably, if your hitrate is floored, 100 accuracy will only give you 70% on WS, so another test is definitely required to prove any value above 100.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-01 18:59:40  
Ragnarok.Kongming said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Kaiten/Cata here

I always thought the boost was only 100... It most certainly doesn't cap hit rate outright, but rather is some value of accuracy. Conceivably, if your hitrate is floored, 100 accuracy will only give you 70% on WS, so another test is definitely required to prove any value above 100.
Even if it did cap hit rate, the cap is 95%.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-01 19:01:07  
Is there a single mob in the game that would put your WS acc under 80%? I can't think of any. Have a hard time thinking of any that would even uncap you.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-08-01 19:02:54  
/sigh
 Cerberus.Lasareth
サーバ: Cerberus
user: lasareth
By Cerberus.Lasareth 2011-08-01 19:02:54  
So is 0.5 atk and 2 str on a fstr capped ws worth -20 accuracy on the chance of a multiple attack proc?
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-08-01 19:03:53  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
it's just dumb to see random threads for random jobs and the same responses over and over.

welcome to ffxi: there is a right, and then there is a wrong; there is no such thing as in-between in a game that's been found out thoroughly thanks to it being out for so long now

rewind back before abyssea, and REST ASSURED, i was not preaching warrior by ANY means
Nope this has nothing to do with right and wrong. some random guy asks what's the best gear for his job or best atma and you'd spam "best atma is dajociont, best gear is dajociont. see some screenshots"

whoever the random guy was didn't care about warrior that's what I'm talking about
The most efficient job for you and your situation isn't everyones, that was all.

my warrior or blue mage having the best gear imagineable in the game wont do a thing for me when I dual box or just dual empy items, I would be thf + whm anyways etc (as a random goal or random situation)

But either way I wont bug ya about this anymore and I got nothing to contribute to the actual topic, Masa-less sam but gl OP

i concur
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11