Casual Player Looking For More "hardcore" Set Ups

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Casual player looking for more "hardcore" set ups
Casual player looking for more "hardcore" set ups
 Alexander.Vivicide
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2011-07-13 22:08:49  
Ragnarok.Judaine said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Meh it doesn't really matter outside. Ukon rapes and either way Retaliation is going to be up. An Ukon WAR is going to be tanking after going Ukko's->Ukko's= Light, and then Ukko's again.. TP overflow once again.

Yet the Store TP is still active during retaliation.....

For the 3rd time, it's just my preference.

Rationalizing is the easiest thing the human brain can do.
[+]
By Eugene 2011-07-13 22:16:37  
guy stopped reading after numbers came out. You can't want to stop being casual. casual is a lifestyle, its learned and won't go away easily
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-07-14 11:04:30  
quick help to what you are wearing now

go full perle

you loose 3 +2 +5% haste from not having the last two perle options
walahare gives you 5% so you ar downn 5% haste

furthermore the perle pieces would gives you
STR +5 VIT +5 Attack +7
+
STR +4 DEX +3 Attack +10

and from your rvg gloves you will loose
STR +7 DEX +7
Accuracy +9

so bassically comparing you current gear to fullperle you are lossing
5% haste
2 str
17 attack
to gain
4 dex and 9 accuracy

so go go full perle for you, until you get better gear
[+]
By Entourage 2011-07-14 11:11:54  
Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said:
go full perle

I stopped reading there. WAR Af3+2 is super easy to get, especially compared to other jobs.
By Sakuhra 2011-07-14 11:19:20  
mortontony1 said:
I have no idea how to do that but here's my character profile.
http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Fenrir/Pajamas
I'm new to posting on the forums, sorry
um i think the first thing would be lvling subjobs the only thing you have 49+ is dnc right now, or is that site outdated?
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-07-14 11:21:44  
Entourage said:
go full perle

I stopped reading there.

yes i know it hard to learn.

by try reading the enire post specially "so go go full perle for you, until you get better gear"

his current setup is worse than full perle
he can get full perle in less than 3 minuttes

that way faster than getting ravagars done and its cheap/free

my advice was valid for a quikc improvent thta would help him until he works on his real gear. It shouldn't be to hard to understand that you have gear on you while you try to get better gear.

anyway back on topic

OP should drop the rose strap it does nothing for you

you are war/dnc and need at least 3 more store tp in you current build to get from 8 to 7 hit buildt

so with or without rose strap you are 8 hit build and ws just as slow.
The slot might as well be emty

even if you sumeru has store tp on it
you still ovet shoot with store tp and can take it off

go get polegrip its cheap and will help you alot more than wasted store tp.

my advice is built on whta you can do now just when you log on before going out and do stuff for you real gear.

another option is to get hoard ring with store tp +4 that way you are down to a 7 hit build with you rose strap.
tha is assumign you sumeru is not a store tp Gaxe. If it is hoard ring does nothing for you and you should again toss rose strap and get pole

---- EDIT ----
OMG price has changed on poelgrip
last time i saw it was 5k now its 100k

ok instead of pole try going for sword or claymore both will hlep better than your rose strap and you cna use swordwithout reducing you xhit build
[+]
By mortontony1 2011-07-14 11:44:12  
Sakuhra said:
mortontony1 said:
um i think the first thing would be lvling subjobs the only thing you have 49+ is dnc right now, or is that site outdated?
Nope just the /dnc
And I'm currently working on it to get 90dnc/mnk or /nin
By Sakuhra 2011-07-14 12:50:31  
mortontony1 said:
Sakuhra said:
mortontony1 said:
Nope just the /dnc
And I'm currently working on it to get 90dnc/mnk or /nin
i think war/sam is the best sj for dd atm, not sure if /nin is better for tanking in aby
and i think cop missions are easy to solo/duo? at lvl 90 to get rajas ring and brutal earring etc (if you didnt know)
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-07-14 13:04:12  
/NIN sucks for tanking. Even /MNK is better then NIN sub if you can't /SAM :/
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-07-14 18:25:04  
quick help to what you are wearing now

go full perle

you loose 3 +2 +5% haste from not having the last two perle options
walahare gives you 5% so you ar downn 5% haste

furthermore the perle pieces would gives you
STR +5 VIT +5 Attack +7
+
STR +4 DEX +3 Attack +10

and from your rvg gloves you will loose
STR +7 DEX +7
Accuracy +9

so bassically comparing you current gear to fullperle you are lossing
5% haste
2 str
17 attack
to gain
4 dex and 9 accuracy

so go go full perle for you, until you get better gear

content aside

jesus christ you are butchering the english language hard
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-07-15 04:53:24  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

alot of stuff in butchered english

content aside

jesus christ you are butchering the english language hard

I AM A SLAYER OF WORDS AND BUTCHER OF LANGUAGES >.>

Worst part is i actully edited the worst out, but it was late and i was tired.
[+]
 Shiva.Msthief
サーバ: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-15 05:21:08  
Lose: Taking away, not winning, failing. Loose: not tight, easily undone. You meant to say "lose".

"would give you", "basically", "losing"

Not being an ***, but I tried to point out some things that you might just plain not know as compared to internet mistakes.
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2011-07-15 05:27:42  
pretty sure OP bought his character
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-07-15 11:40:47  
Shiva.Msthief said:
Lose: Taking away, not winning, failing. Loose: not tight, easily undone. You meant to say "lose".

"would give you", "basically", "losing"

Not being an ***, but I tried to point out some things that you might just plain not know as compared to internet mistakes.

Thank you for the lose/loose ima try to remember that.
i have issues as well with pronouncing properly and probably.

anyway most of it was plain out me being tired and lazy.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-07-15 13:50:34  
Well I hope he didn't pay much. Doesn't even have a decent sub aside from DNC on the character.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-07-15 13:54:45  
why do you ask for advice

get some advice you can do fast

refuse to do it and instead waster 340k on a new gaxe ?
 Leviathan.Alas
サーバ: Leviathan
user: alas
By Leviathan.Alas 2011-07-17 22:15:48  
Pretty sure the absolute best possible TP setup is:

where the Armada Hauberk has 6 STp and 2% double attack. Not saying it's an easy set to come by, just that mathematically it is tops. STp is an exact 6-hit (macro in a Regain Moonshade if you miss a hit of Ukko's to make up missed tp) and haste is at cap (26% visible).
I'm still missing the E.Body and N.Sash atm, but as expected, these two pieces are taking the longest to get.

Edit: @Loneshadow
Ravager's Calligae +2 only have 10% crit damage bonus.
You may be thinking of 20% retaliation damage bonus, which are also on these feet.

Edit2: @Gaiarorshack
Grammar aside, the advice given by this person to OP is spot on. Based on OPs current gear, the quickest upgrade they can make is going full Perle. I know, I know, we all cringe at this, but I seem to recall when this gear was released and nobody had it yet everyone thinking it was the absolute ***and snapping it up off AH for 2-3M a piece when the first couple pieces finally made their way to the AH.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-07-28 07:30:00  
not sure that would be the best tp set.
first of all the rings latent effect you need more then 100mp to get he triple attack

instead of nin sash use goading. that makes you lose one haste but get 5stp

remove oneros ring and use blitz rings to regain the haste
we are now down 3 acc but up 5stp

change tahlum with ravagars gorget
We are now down 3aac but get 3stp 2 str and 8 attack

which would maybe help a bit on the missing swing (i don't know did not calculate it)
But i would sacrifice 3 acc for +2str and 8attack today since we are accuracy cap'ed alot

or if not exchange it to firebombletinstead of ravager and get 3 acc and 6attack over your build

all this is ONLY of you don not fulfill the rings latents effect
 Phoenix.Neosutra
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-07-28 13:41:16  
Leviathan.Alas said:

where the Armada Hauberk has 6 STp and 2% double attack. Not saying it's an easy set to come by, just that mathematically it is tops. STp is an exact 6-hit (macro in a Regain Moonshade if you miss a hit of Ukko's to make up missed tp) and haste is at cap (26% visible).
I'm still missing the E.Body and N.Sash atm, but as expected, these two pieces are taking the longest to get.

Edit: @Loneshadow
Ravager's Calligae +2 only have 10% crit damage bonus.
You may be thinking of 20% retaliation damage bonus, which are also on these feet.

Edit2: @Gaiarorshack
Grammar aside, the advice given by this person to OP is spot on. Based on OPs current gear, the quickest upgrade they can make is going full Perle. I know, I know, we all cringe at this, but I seem to recall when this gear was released and nobody had it yet everyone thinking it was the absolute ***and snapping it up off AH for 2-3M a piece when the first couple pieces finally made their way to the AH.

Just one fix here: The DA on armada goes up to 3, not 2.
 Sylph.Kollosis
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2011-07-29 14:16:33  
Will an NQ Ebody with 4 stp and 2% DA still be better to tp in than anything else? :( noobish to war and thats what i have.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-07-29 14:22:30  
Leviathan.Alas said:

I'm pretty sure Rancor Collar tops Ravager's, but I don't want to be on the receiving end of any form of damage with it on. Also, I wouldn't touch Oneiros ring with a ten-foot pole.

@Koll: Under the assumption that you are stat-capped, making use of the acc/attk and STP, E. body is the best with +2% DA, yes, but it's marginal.
 Sylph.Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2011-07-29 14:35:59  
Cerberus.Tikal said:
@Koll: Under the assumption that you are stat-capped, making use of the acc/attk and STP, E. body is the best with +2% DA, yes, but it's marginal.

Tyty, I just want to make use of it :)
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-07-29 14:38:28  
I'm not particularly positive of the ODD jump from 3/5 to 4/5, but if it's approximately 1%, it will be a more potent 1% than DA. So DA would win out with 2%, but not by much at all.

And you'd need to macro in Ravager's Lorica whenever you Blood Rage for the additional 30 second bonus, which overall would increase your entire PTs effectiveness more than 2%. If you don't macro it in, you'd be losing out more than you'd gain.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-29 18:32:39  
Cerberus.Tikal said:
Ravager's has more acc than Ebody, not less, and if you're not making use of the attack then you wouldn't with Ravager's +2 either.

Cerberus.Tikal said:
I'm not particularly positive of the ODD jump from 3/5 to 4/5, but if it's approximately 1%, it will be a more potent 1% than DA. So DA would win out with 2%, but not by much at all.
I'm honestly not sure what you're trying to say here, but bearing in mind that DA will offer a small increase in set bonus procrate, create more opportunities for ODD procing, and increase your TP gain, I'm not sure why you think 1% ODD is better than 1% DA.
[+]
 Sylph.Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2011-07-29 19:07:31  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Tikal said:
Ravager's has more acc than Ebody, not less, and if you're not making use of the attack then you wouldn't with Ravager's +2 either.

Cerberus.Tikal said:
I'm honestly not sure what you're trying to say here, but bearing in mind that DA will offer a small increase in set bonus procrate, create more opportunities for ODD procing, and increase your TP gain, I'm not sure why you think 1% ODD is better than 1% DA.

So there's no point in Ebody? :/
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-07-29 19:19:32  
The point is, an increase in DA rate will prove more beneficial overall (faster Tp build, higher DoT, greater chances of triggering the ODD effect) than an increase in the ODD proc rate alone.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-07-29 19:22:57  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I didn't mean to infer that, actually. I should've left it at simply stat capped.
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Conversely, 1% ODD also embosses every % of DA by increasing the ratio it can happen in. EDIT: However, in messing with the math, the DA itself would actually beat out the 1% ODD in the long run. Thanks for the correction.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-07-29 19:40:04  
Sylph.Kollosis said:

TP in your ebody.

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Conversely, 1% ODD also embosses every % of DA by increasing the ratio it can happen in. My main oversight I'd wager is actually that ODD can't proc during WS, where DA can.

You wouldn't be wsing in your af3+2 body anyways. It's what sheelay said.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-29 19:50:03  
Sylph.Kollosis said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Tikal said:

Cerberus.Tikal said:

Oh no, I'm arguing for Ebody lol. It's a great piece with augments, use it.

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Conversely, 1% ODD also embosses every % of DA by increasing the ratio it can happen in. EDIT: However, in messing with the math, the DA itself would actually beat out the 1% ODD in the long run. Thanks for the correction.
It seemed like you were aware of that but weren't fully accounting for the benefits of DA, so I left it out. Goal is 2% (maybe 3% with Armada) so it's not of great significance anyway.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-07-29 19:55:14  
If anyone cares, this is the math I worked out, for an optimal situation.

Base gear, (Ravager's Cuisses included for set proc), 5% DA merits:

1000 swings -> DA rounds -> ODD procs

21% DA, 3% ODD.
1000/210/6.3 ODD

20% DA, 4% ODD.
1000/200/8

+11% DA from Brutal Earring, Atheling Mantle, Ravager's Gorget, Ravager's Earring
32% DA, 3% ODD
1000/320/9.6

31% DA, 4% ODD
1000/310/12.4

1% DA pulls ahead because it gets 10 extra swings, while 1% ODD only gets three extra ODD strikes. In order for ODD to pull ahead over DA, a WAR's DA rate would have to be over 50, and even then it would only compare to DA, while not rivaling it because of TP gain. Considering the fact that Adaberk/Armada can get 2-3% of DA, it trumps the ODD by quite a bit.