Casual Player Looking For More "hardcore" Set Ups

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Casual player looking for more "hardcore" set ups
Casual player looking for more "hardcore" set ups
By mortontony1 2011-07-29 19:59:55  
Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said:
why do you ask for advice

get some advice you can do fast

refuse to do it and instead waster 340k on a new gaxe ?

The gaxe is temporary until I get Ukon.

Lakshmi.Feifongwong said:
pretty sure OP bought his character
*** I've been playing for 6 years never spent rl money except for the monthly fees and expansions.
By Flionheart 2011-07-29 20:11:27  
mortontony1 said:

*** I've been playing for 6 years never spent rl money except for the monthly fees and expansions.

More fool you.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-07-29 20:25:34  
mortontony1 said:
Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said:
why do you ask for advice

get some advice you can do fast

refuse to do it and instead waster 340k on a new gaxe ?

The gaxe is temporary until I get Ukon.

For someone Who claims to have played FFXI for six years you sure don't seme to know much about what's gong on, at least judging on your char profile, sub job selection, mission, quest completion and so on.

Either way, unti you get better gear (af3+2 and alike) you really are better off using full perle. The set your profile shows isn't gong anywhere good.

A small advice, don't fall for BASIC trolling and call ppl names. It'll flip back at you
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-07-30 00:02:59  
mortontony1 said:
I've been playing for 6 years

Might I ask which game you were playing
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-30 00:06:26  
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
mortontony1 said:
I've been playing for 6 years

Might I ask which game you were playing

oh snap!
[+]
 Alexander.Vivicide
サーバ: Alexander
user: Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2011-07-30 10:12:32  
Once you have Ukon refer to the Ukko's thread that has over 400 comments in it. It gives the mathematically best possible gear selections. Work on those and substitute as needed. I'm not quite sure how you are getting Ukon and don't have more af3+2 unless your friends are gullible enough to help you without you helping them.

Full Perle is a good option for you atm btw. I will shed a real tear if you are a full perle Ukon war though... but I'm sure there are those tards out there...

Edit: For the love of god level your sub jobs. I can't believe you are asking these people who pour ridiculous amounts of time into making gear choices just to have you leech of their knowledge. Put forth some effort... Level SAM to 49, it's not hard. Your laziness coupled with your ability to receive Ukon disgusts me. You are what's wrong with this game.
[+]
By mortontony1 2011-07-31 12:30:17  
The gimp /rng was when I was getting one of the lottery spawn NMs for the gaxe trials. Normal sub is a 50 something dnc, because I'm usually soloing. I've only had a subjob that I ACTUALLY USE IN EXP/SKILLUP SITUATIONS gimped once and that was a few years back.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-07-31 18:17:20  
So much wrong in that post.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-07-31 18:21:59  
mortontony1 said:
The gimp /rng was when I was getting one of the lottery spawn NMs for the gaxe trials. Normal sub is a 50 something dnc, because I'm usually soloing. I've only had a subjob that I ACTUALLY USE IN EXP/SKILLUP SITUATIONS gimped once and that was a few years back.

Is anyone else seeing this?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-07-31 18:32:40  
Be nice.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-07-31 18:35:50  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Be nice.
I'm trying, I really am :(
By mortontony1 2011-07-31 18:53:55  
*gasp*
I don't have the greatest gear or subjobs available?! I MUST have bought my account! There is simply no other reason that could happen! Like I might not be interested in having the bestest of everything, or maybe I only was able to get on once a week if I was lucky for 4 of the 6 years I'd been playing, or maybe I just liked having fun with the game, instead of sitting for hours waiting for just this one NM to spawn because he dropped cool gear. None of those are logical assumptions to make. Nope, I bought my account. Last time I ask for someone's advice on these forums.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-07-31 18:55:34  
You're not helping the situation with that attitude either.
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-07-31 18:56:02  
K calm down lol
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-07-31 18:59:04  
i don't think anyone really thinks you bought your account, just saying. also, what's the point in asking for advice if you're just going to be defensive about everything?
[+]
 Ramuh.Yarly
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-07-31 19:02:06  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
what's the point in asking for advice if you're just going to be defensive about everything?

that is all i have to say, too
By mortontony1 2011-07-31 19:02:52  
No I really appreciate the help that I got. In the first page and a half. Then it turned into a "let's pick on the n00b" thread.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-07-31 19:07:38  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
You're not helping the situation with that attitude either.
I know, idk what mortontony1 is doing.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-31 19:40:49  
Still, whenever I see this thread...
I see "Casual player looking for more "hardcore""
And fill in the blank with something else lololol.
 Alexander.Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2011-07-31 22:49:53  
I understand your point of being nice.. you are a forum mod. I'm not saying this because I'm an elitist... maybe I am I don't think it's possible to take an unbiased approach to things when your actual opinion is biased. However, He is asking for advise and here is mine.

Level your subjobs, that is the single most important thing you can do for your damage.
/SAM is the best sub WAR can use in my opinion and I think pretty much everyone can agree on this
/NIN is useful to have
/THF... I'm not sure why I keep this leveled but I do.
/DRG... not as good as it once was.
Oh, and don't forget /WHM for those times when you need to be a PLD.

Subjobs can be leveled in a matter of a few hours a piece. So, it's just laziness to not have the good ones. I'm almost always either /SAM or /DNC... sometimes /NIN but not as often as I used to be.
 Fenrir.Niniann
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-07-31 23:12:48  
Alexander.Vivicide said:
I understand your point of being nice.. you are a forum mod. I'm not saying this because I'm an elitist... maybe I am I don't think it's possible to take an unbiased approach to things when your actual opinion is biased. However, He is asking for advise and here is mine.

Level your subjobs, that is the single most important thing you can do for your damage.
/SAM is the best sub WAR can use in my opinion and I think pretty much everyone can agree on this
/NIN is useful to have
/THF... I'm not sure why I keep this leveled but I do.
/DRG... not as good as it once was.
Oh, and don't forget /WHM for those times when you need to be a PLD to teleport.

Subjobs can be leveled in a matter of a few hours a piece. So, it's just laziness to not have the good ones. I'm almost always either /SAM or /DNC... sometimes /NIN but not as often as I used to be.

Fixed.

Edit: /DNC is for campaign and /NIN is for certain Dynamis zones if you're with a small amount of people. I might be over-estimating Dynamis.
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-08-01 00:20:19  
I use /sam 99% of the time. I would use /mnk instead of /nin if I ever had something I needed more dmg mitigation than /sam can provide. pdt and mdt are normally enough of a defensive tool. /dnc would be useful for campaign I suppose.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-08-01 00:46:32  
/DNC is not a horrible sub if you want to be able to cover dagger procs while still adding some dmg.
 Alexander.Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2011-08-01 01:28:02  
I see you didn't like my PLD comment... but WAR/WHM is such a good combo. How can you overlook this? It's like a PLD but better because Provoke gives more emnity if you're WAR main.
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-08-01 01:35:51  
The Brady guide said war/whm was like pld so it must be true.
:p
[+]
 Alexander.Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2011-08-01 01:39:01  
It's an untapped resource. Next I'm going to do SAM/RNG because you can spam Sidewinder AND use a GKT.
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-08-01 01:54:00  
Dont forget /drg. Since haste has increasing returns its a really good sub that you need for a good 48% haste tp build.

[+]