users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Calmecac Trousers vs Ace Hose
Calmecac Trousers vs Ace Hose
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-20 18:43:22  
oh ok, i must have miscounted it somewhere.. i think i forgot the haste on the body... ok so its 26, you're right, my apologies
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
サーバ: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-07-20 18:43:29  
tell her no!
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-07-20 18:51:41  
Asura.Dajociont said:
tell her no!

Butbutbut! ; ;
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-07-20 18:52:31  
just say woeborn > twilgiht
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-07-20 18:55:53  
Asura.Tamoa said:
Gradd, since you're good @ drk and all that, what would be the optimal tp set look like using Twilight Scythe? I could figure it out myself but being lazy, sorry. :(

I have head/body/hands +2 btw.

My guess would be to go for a 5-hit if your trying to optimize it, can do something like this.

This set nets you 20.1 TP a swing, bringing you at 100.5 TP after 5 swings, you should be able to guillotine in whatever you want with this setup. I'm not too fond of tactical mantle myself though even if it does shed a hit its a pretty big loss in attack.

If you use VV you can drop Tactical mantle and only need 2 tics of Regain to maintin your 5-hit.

I think theres a 1% double attack ammo DRK can use now could replace Bomb Core with that but I have no clue what its called.

Also im not 100% postive about using Ace's over Calmecac at 26% haste in gear vs Calmecacs 25%, that last fraction of haste generally doesnt do very much for you so the 2% DA and TA could win out.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-07-20 18:58:56  
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
just say woeborn > twilgiht

In most situations yea, Woeborn is easier to 5-hit as well.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-07-20 19:04:05  
2% DA and 2% TA will easily beat the 0.2% haste you get from 25%-26%
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-07-20 19:06:00  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
2% DA and 2% TA will easily beat the 0.2% haste you get from 25%-26%

I'm going to go with this answer.
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-07-20 19:08:59  
I don't have Woeborn and Aces Hose unfortunately, but yeah all the other stuff I do have. And I agree, I don't like Tactical Mantle either, was oh-so-happy to get rid of it on my sam, so I'll stick to using VV for sure.

Thanks! :)
 Fenrir.Jmbooz
By Fenrir.Jmbooz 2011-07-20 19:18:52  
Anger bomblet drops from t3 VWnm bastok path
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-07-20 19:28:10  
Fenrir.Jmbooz said:
Anger bomblet drops from t3 VWnm bastok path

Ah cool thanks.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-20 19:37:18  
HIDDEN EFFECT: VERY ANGRY UPON EQUIP UNTIL UNEQUIPPED
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-07-21 08:57:48  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
HIDDEN EFFECT: VERY ANGRY UPON EQUIP UNTIL UNEQUIPPED

More like "Hidden effect: You're going to be pissy you keep using 3 cells for crap craft items until you get this."
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-07-24 22:04:05  

I am completely aware i still need a Goading Belt, the calculator says this is a 5 hit build now, but what could i take out for the Weapon skill without hurting the TP build?

I have no money for a White Tathlum right now either.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-24 22:14:42  
Nvm.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-07-24 22:17:38  
I am guessing with this setup, i would have to keep in every piece of store tp for it to work?

I would do lacovie but i dont trust shout parties ; ;
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-07-24 22:32:34  
Cerberus.Kylos said:

I am completely aware i still need a Goading Belt, the calculator says this is a 5 hit build now, but what could i take out for the Weapon skill without hurting the TP build?

I have no money for a White Tathlum right now either.

What calculator are you using? Because that is not a 5-hit.

With that build you are hitting for 19.4 TP a swing, on your 5th hit you would be at exactly 97 TP on your 5th swing, if you are using VV for regain you would only need 2 tics of regain. But if your doing stuff outside I would just stick to a strong 6-hit until you can get your hands on Goading Belt, also you don't need a white tat.

My personal opinion though inside abyssea due to such a high multi attack rate due to atma I would just stick to a strong 6-hit Build, the majority of the time you will have a TP overflow making the STP gear you are using pointless. 25% Triple attack from Apoc and Alpha/Omega combined together is pretty substantial. I could be wrong though I will admit I havent done any math on it.

Lacovie is ridiculously easy to get pops for, there isnt really an excuse for not having a belt, I solo farmed all my pops for it on BLU then had a friend Blue proc it for my belt, and this was back at 85 Cap.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-07-24 22:35:13  
I have the key items, they were easy to get, i just aint sure about doing a shout party for it...
As some shout parties i have made have included complete idiots who cannot listen.

Edit: Also the FFXI calculator says 19,4 (4 hits for 76.4 tp + 23.6 WS tp) which is what made me think i was possible.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-07-25 00:10:19  
Cerberus.Kylos said:
I have the key items, they were easy to get, i just aint sure about doing a shout party for it...
As some shout parties i have made have included complete idiots who cannot listen.

Edit: Also the FFXI calculator says 19,4 (4 hits for 76.4 tp + 23.6 WS tp) which is what made me think i was possible.

You would pretty much have to WS in all that STP gear to get that return though, not worth it in my eyes, your giving up way too much gear. Using tactical mantle during weaponskill is a pretty giant hit itself.

Edit: Do you not have friends to help you out? Ive 2boxed lacovie its not hard in the least, just find a MNK to Tank/Blue it and a whm to cure and you are golden.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-07-25 00:38:40  
Fenrir.Gradd said:

Ideal TP set for a DRK at the moment (Minus Quad Attack neck), Calmecac beats Ace's hands down.
Butbut those pants looks so gay ;_;
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-07-25 00:49:08  
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

Ideal TP set for a DRK at the moment (Minus Quad Attack neck), Calmecac beats Ace's hands down.

.Dat swap problem solved, I changed mine to homam x: same w/ the ugly boots D:

I want my homam augments now still sexiest looking legs :(
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-25 01:01:54  
The pants look like they're part of a reindeer costume!
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2011-07-25 02:36:27  
People in my ls call me Tawtonka because I wear those lol... But damn I love'm
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-07-25 15:26:51  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
.Dat swap problem solved, I changed mine to homam x: same w/ the ugly boots D: I want my homam augments now still sexiest looking legs :(

*Ideal set in Abyssea

That setup would be problematic in VW or even against the new dynamis NMs.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-25 15:34:18  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Cerberus.Kylos said:

You would pretty much have to WS in all that STP gear to get that return though, not worth it in my eyes, your giving up way too much gear. Using tactical mantle during weaponskill is a pretty giant hit itself.

Edit: Do you not have friends to help you out? Ive 2boxed lacovie its not hard in the least, just find a MNK to Tank/Blue it and a whm to cure and you are golden.

Except Goading Belt is a myth if you don't have a thf ~_~
By Wenuden 2011-07-25 15:38:12  
Bahamut.Serj said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Cerberus.Kylos said:

Except Goading Belt is a myth if you don't have a thf ~_~
We floored one a few weeks ago when someone accidentally popped after everyone already had. :(
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-07-25 16:21:27  
Cerberus.Taint said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
.Dat swap problem solved, I changed mine to homam x: same w/ the ugly boots D: I want my homam augments now still sexiest looking legs :(

*Ideal set in Abyssea

That setup would be problematic in VW or even against the new dynamis NMs.

Well yea, and ive stated in previous topics I don't use that set when ACC is needed, but in 90% of situations in abyssea that set is ideal.

I put together this set for Voidwatch:

Twilight Mail if I am really hurting on ACC, otherwise I prefer augmented E:body.
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-07-25 23:19:27  
Asura.Tamoa said:
Gradd, since you're good @ drk and all that, what would be the optimal tp set look like using Twilight Scythe? I could figure it out myself but being lazy, sorry. :(

Optimal setup for Twilight Scythe is to go kill Fuath for a Woeborn so you don't need to wear gimpy Tactical Mantle to 5-hit. If you got Twilight Scythe on anything but pure luck you can get yourself a Woeborn just as easily.

Only reason to swing Twilight is trash mobs for the Death proc or hard-physical-resistant mobs that people still let a DRK melee which is practically never.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-25 23:30:14  
Diabolos.Raelia said:
Asura.Tamoa said:

Optimal setup for Twilight Scythe is to go kill Fuath for a Woeborn so you don't need to wear gimpy Tactical Mantle to 5-hit. If you got Twilight Scythe on anything but pure luck you can get yourself a Woeborn just as easily.

Only reason to swing Twilight is trash mobs for the Death proc or hard-physical-resistant mobs that people still let a DRK melee which is practically never.

Amphitrite and elementals are just about it. Also, lol 5-hit.

Actually, lolscythe. Just for now though, I'll reserve that thought until 95 comes around.
By veddertehtaco 2011-07-26 01:09:59  
hey gradd im missing something here but maybe my maths is off, your using a white tathlum for tping but im not seeing that 2 stp help lower the overall hit build, am i missing something?

my set is for tp gain and according to calc its 14.4 tp per swing/7hit true

am i missing something here?