Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 23:59:16  
Asura.Xenophire said:
Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
Here was my suggestion:

Ritual Dance (Dancer Level 90, Recast 5 minutes): Consumes all TP and finishing moves to resurrect the target. Strength of raise determined by the amount of TP and finishing moves consumed. Requires at least 100 TP and 2 finishing moves.
Strength of Raise as in, amount of EXP lost? I'd use it at minimal requirement if that were the case. Duration of Weakness? That'd me nice. Of course, only after WHM got Reviviscence.
Probably like 100TP is R1, 200TP is R2, 300 R3?
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-25 23:59:48  
Asura.Xenophire said:
Here was my suggestion:

Ritual Dance (Dancer Level 90, Recast 5 minutes): Consumes all TP and finishing moves to resurrect the target. Strength of raise determined by the amount of TP and finishing moves consumed. Requires at least 100 TP and 2 finishing moves.
Strength of Raise as in, amount of EXP lost? I'd use it at minimal requirement if that were the case. Duration of Weakness? That'd me nice. Of course, only after WHM got Reviviscence.

Probably HP lost and %HP at revival.
You really don't get a choice of "when to use it" though.
If someone dies and you're at 300TP, and your'e the only raise, it's not like you can just burn it. That's part of the catch.
 Asura.Xenophire
サーバ: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-07-26 00:00:18  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Asura.Xenophire said:
Here was my suggestion:

Probably like 100TP is R1, 200TP is R2, 300 R3?
Possibly. However, those are kind of lack luster effects considering how easy it is to get TP anymore.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-26 00:01:24  
I was thinking 100TP + 2 FM = R1
200TP + 4 FM = R2
300TP + 5 FM = R3

You'd also need to consider that, while you would be able to use waltzes due the the ability not being shared, this ability would "wipe you clean" and you wouldn't be able to cure them at all, if there were any danger of AoE.

Edit: Save for NFR, but that merit has gone a bit to the wayside.
 Asura.Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-07-26 00:03:27  
200TP + 4 FM = R2
300TP + 5 FM = R3

You'd also need to consider that, while you would be able to use waltzes due the the ability not being shared, this ability would "wipe you clean" and you wouldn't be able to cure them at all, if there were any danger of AoE.
Or, the introduction of the new set of Job Abilities for Dancers:

TANGO!

Dances that support the party via AoE effect. Ballad dance? Attack boost? The list could go on. Of course, a dream. Lol. Though, quite honestly, with all these HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE *** THFs, Subtle Blow dance would be nice.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-26 00:04:17  
Asura.Xenophire said:
200TP + 4 FM = R2
300TP + 5 FM = R3

Or, the introduction of the new set of Job Abilities for Dancers:

TANGO!

Dances that support the party via AoE effect. Ballad dance? Attack boost? The list could go on. Of course, a dream. Lol. Though, quite honestly, with all these HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE *** THFs, Subtle Blow dance would be nice.

If you check my post on the official forums, I actually listed an idea for an ability called tango.

Lemme pull it up.
 Asura.Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-07-26 00:05:08  
If you check the official forums
I avoid the official forums like the plague.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-26 00:05:32  
Tango (Dancer Level 99, recast 3 minutes, duration 30 seconds to 1 minute) Consumes up to 3 finishing moves to combine your power with another player to perform a duet. (1 finishing move grants 30 seconds, each additional another 15 seconds up to 1 minute for 3 finishing moves)

Tango would grant the status effect of "Duet" to another party member, as well as the Dancer. Under the effects of this ability, the Dancer would receive a boost in attack power proportional to the recipients attack power, and vice-versa. Additionally, weaponskills from either player would inflict a short-duration "Daze" effect that would boost weapon skill damage if the other player uses a weapon skill before it wears off. Skillchain accuracy and damage would also be increased between the two players. Due to the "center stage" act of tangoing, however, the Dancer would be unable to heal their tango partner with waltzes until the effect wears off.

It was just a random idea I had. I was just trying to think of intresting DNC-y ideas, lol.
By AlkalineJoe 2011-07-26 00:37:03  
Wow! I really love the input and dedication you put into your ideas. My only problem with it is that it seems like a lot of new JAs need to be implemented for simple fixes (example: just splitting recast timers instead of adding 3 or so JAs). I already use a lot of JAs, I'd prefer to not be on top of anymore or decreasing my swing time activating them.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-26 00:38:06  
AlkalineJoe said:
Wow! I really love the input and dedication you put into your ideas. My only problem with it is that it seems like a lot of new JAs need to be implemented for simple fixes (example: just splitting recast timers instead of adding 3 or so JAs). I already use a lot of JAs, I'd prefer to not be on top of anymore or decreasing my swing time activating them.

They're not going to split recast timers.
If you wanna be better at healing/support, you're going to have to make sacrifices in other departments.

Edit: I've said it many times before, but the BEST they'd do is split Healing/Divine into one category and single targets into another.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-26 00:40:26  
As if our JA list wasn't long enough :(
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-26 00:43:14  
Ramuh.Austar said:
As if our JA list wasn't long enough :(

Our JA list is analagous to the spell list of a WHM, BRD, or RDM.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-27 20:32:33  

kind of late, but yeah
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-27 20:33:02  

kind of late, but yeah
yeah i was gonna do that yesterday, but got distracted.
 Fenrir.Niniann
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-07-27 20:36:03  

kind of late, but yeah

lol seriously?
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-27 20:38:07  
Just pointing out that it actually is +2/+1%/+1% and not +2/+2/+1% like people thought.

Meaning it most likely is the +25% as stated on the JP Wiki, and estimated by Byrth.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-27 20:39:15  
Just pointing out that it actually is +2/+1%/+1% and not +2/+2/+1% like people thought.

Meaning it most likely is the +25% as stated on the JP Wiki, and estimated by Byrth.
yeah i rushed out of the shower last night when i remembered i needed to check it and took the screenshot, and got distracted with IMs and PMs and all kinds of Ms to upload it.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-27 21:42:24  
Well, I think that settles it.
Let's all go out and merit BF.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-27 21:43:09  
yeah who needs haste
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-27 21:50:32  
Ramuh.Austar said:
yeah who needs haste

haste sucks
 Shiva.Alistrianna
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-07-28 19:55:26  
We should just bug SE for Impetus to solve our dmg issues!
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-07-28 19:56:36  
Ramuh.Austar said:
yeah who needs haste

haste sucks
it takes to long to proc to be effective
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-28 20:14:52  
my favorite part of this thread was where someone jumped out of the shower to post info on dnc. good times =D
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-28 20:23:56  
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
my favorite part of this thread was where someone jumped out of the shower to post info on dnc. good times =D

we are dedicated to our job.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-28 20:24:04  
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
that'd be me :( I didn't even get to post it!
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-28 20:28:03  
:( :(
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-28 20:40:26  
I know, came on here, and saw like 14 unread messages and got sidetracked
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-28 20:41:08  
tbh it seems like the dnc community here is the most tight knit and active group.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-28 20:43:40  
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
tbh it seems like the dnc community here is the most tight knit and active group.
Probably because there's only like 6 of us.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-28 20:44:47  
don't you love when there are like 3 threads about dancer daggers in the top threads? i wasn't going to log on tonight, but now i wanna go find a bunch of trash mobs and tear through them. or mabye work on my twashy.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10