Best Slugshot Atma's?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Best Slugshot Atma's?
Best Slugshot Atma's?
First Page 2
 Valefor.Whitemiget
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Whitemiget 2011-07-29 22:22:47  
Currently working on Arm. so just using slugshot for now, what are the best atmas for that ws? thanks
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-07-29 22:24:47  
I'm no RNG main, but I believe it's either Stout Arm/VV/Drifter or replacing one of those with Sea Daughter

Edit: Saw it was for Slugshot not Sidewinder so you'd probably use Stout Arm/Sea Daughter/Drifter I'd think
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-07-29 22:25:01  
Probably RR, AoA and GH and use Evis.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-07-29 22:34:16  
So melee RNG? D:

[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-07-29 22:38:05  
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
Probably RR, AoA and GH and use Evis.
I'd advise against this as you'd be squandering your atmas on a weaponskill requiring you to be in range of the mob, while one of the main reasons one might use RNG is to avoid being in range, RNG only has a B- in dagger skill, which really hurts your attack/accuracy on an already attack-starved skill, and reducing damage significantly due to the lack of Crit. Attack Bonus and Dual Wield.

Generally you're better off using either Slug Shot or perhaps even Heavy Shot if you're going to use Crit atmas. On the topic of crit atmas however, they do enhance your white damage on your regular ranged attacks and barrages, so the trade off for using Arching Arrow might be worth it.
 Valefor.Whitemiget
By Valefor.Whitemiget 2011-07-29 22:45:50  
Does Slugshot blow balls in abyssea or something? if it does please tell me, and please tell me what other ws's they're that would be better. thank you
 Remora.Dodu
サーバ: Remora
user: Tsuko
By Remora.Dodu 2011-07-29 22:49:40  
Heavy Shot/Arching Arrow, Razed Ruins, Sea Daughter, Gnarled Horn/Sanguine Scythe/Voracious Violet/???. Not sure about the last atma, but unlike melee, ranger doesn't auto-cap their accuracy on everything because of RR, so GH may be ideal if only for that.
[+]
 Valefor.Whitemiget
By Valefor.Whitemiget 2011-07-29 22:54:50  
Does Str matter at all with heavy shot or is AGi/rattck the only thing thats good for it?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-07-29 22:55:45  
Valefor.Whitemiget said:
Does Slugshot blow balls in abyssea or something? if it does please tell me, and please tell me what other ws's they're that would be better. thank you
Honestly it kinda does on most things, mostly just because you're hurting your white damage to make your ranged attack acceptable on anything that matters when you could be enhancing it by making them crit. For consistent damage while also dealing mean damage on your regular ranged attacks/barrages it's recommended to use RR, GH (especially if using marksmanship), and Sea daughter
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-07-29 22:57:31  
Valefor.Whitemiget said:
Does Str matter at all with heavy shot or is AGi/rattck the only thing thats good for it?
For heavy shot? AGI is the only modifier on all marksmanship weaponskills, while archery weaponskills are focused on STR and AGI. I think that STR does enhance r.attack, but you'll generally want AGI instead of STR unless for some reason you're fighting something with extremely high defense.
 Valefor.Whitemiget
By Valefor.Whitemiget 2011-07-29 22:59:47  
I really appreciate you guys helping me. if there's anymore info i should need to know, feel free to write it out. and i might be back to asking more questions. thanks all
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-07-29 23:00:55  
Valefor.Whitemiget said:
I really appreciate you guys helping me. if there's anymore info i should need to know, feel free to write it out. and i might be back to asking more questions. thanks all
Np, most people don't mind helping people who bother to ask questions, it's the people who don't ask questions and keep being ignorant that piss us off.
 Valefor.Whitemiget
By Valefor.Whitemiget 2011-07-29 23:03:58  
AAAAAAAAAANNNNNDDDDD im back. So whats more important just for the WS itself, Ra attck or AGi. to be specific.... +2 pants or Ambushers hose and Sylvan Back or terebellum? >.<;
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-07-29 23:10:06  
For heavy shot I'd definitely say +2 legs because of the extra critical hit rate+, and for the back you'll probably keep Sylvan Chlamys to keep your x-hit build if you have one going on, otherwise Chlamys unless you're fighting something with unusually high defense like maybe a higher-tier Heroes NM.

Edit: Also the legs help towards your x-hit with their STP, and also provide an extra damage bonus at the appropriate distance with the True Shot bonus.
As a general rule just think R.acc (if not capped)>R.att (if not capped)>AGI>STR(for r.att) if it involves pieces that don't interfere with your x-hit
otherwise it's AGI>R.att>STR(for r.att)
Note this applies only to marksmanship ws's
 Valefor.Whitemiget
By Valefor.Whitemiget 2011-07-29 23:18:46  
thanks so much bro. much much appreciated
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-07-29 23:21:02  
ain't no thing but a chicken wing
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Teezy
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: josht25
By Quetzalcoatl.Teezy 2011-08-31 00:40:39  
I think some people missed your question. You asked best atmas for the WS and people are suggesting Sea Daughter. Sea Daughter does not enhance the WS, it allows you to WS more frequently as its giving you a 5 a tic TP. So yes if you want to WS more frequently Sea Daughter is gonna help you do that, but just know it is in no way helping your WS from a DMG standpoint. So really if you are doing things like NM's or longer battles that dont allow for you to WS everytime you hit 100% tp then i wouldn't use Sea Daughter. Sea Daughter would be for instances like exping or messing around where you are just burning TP as fast as you can get it.

And as some people have said, as far as WS in abyssea you are probably better off using Crit Hit WS instead of slugshot/sidewinder and in that case you have a couple atmas to chooser from. Raized Ruin, Gnarled Horn, Sanguine Scythe either help crit hit rate or crit hit dmg. If you want to add in some dmg to your RATK's as well throw in some Stout Arm or Drifter

My main point here was that your original question was about best slugshot atma and i just wanted to point out that Sea Daughter does not increase Slugshot dmg only increases your frequency of use. So again, are you dumping tp as soon as you hit 100% everytime or are you looking to spike your WS dmg
 Leviathan.Dodu
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-08-31 00:59:47  
Beyond the fact that RNG is downright awful in Abyssea from a functional standpoint, its even worse in any situation where you're not free to go balls to the wall. Planning for a situation in which you're one of the worst possible options is silly. Use Sea Daughter.
 Quetzalcoatl.Teezy
By Quetzalcoatl.Teezy 2011-08-31 01:09:12  
you just said it yourself. If you can't go balls to the wall. So if you can't go balls to the wall no point in Sea Daughter as Sea Daughter would be more for a balls to the wall situation where you are just letting the WS's fly everytime you get 100tp. Yes RNG doesnt serve much of a function in abyssea in terms of procing red (we all know red procs can be covered by a war and a nin) and can't do yellow procs (unless you're subbing nin and if you're in a situation where you need yellow procs theres probably someone else in the pt who is covering the yellow, and furthermore /nin on RNG is pointless all together in a balls to the wall situation). Yes the only as you put it Functional part of a RNG in abyssea in terms of procing is for those Piercing Times when you need marks or archery

So again back to the OP. What are you trying to do? Increase your WS spike dmg, your overall DOT, WS frequency, because like I said before Sea Daughter does NOTHING to increase you WS DMG, it will increase your FREQUENCY (if you are dumping TP everytime you hit 100tp) and will increase your DoT IF again you are WSing everytime you hit 100tp.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-08-31 01:25:31  
Nobody is going to enter Abyssea in hopes that their RNG is going to cover the piercing weakness whatever they're fighting has. If someone is using RNG in Abyssea, its to screw around on a job they enjoy regardless of its shortcomings. They're there for damage, making SD a staple atma choice.
 Quetzalcoatl.Teezy
By Quetzalcoatl.Teezy 2011-08-31 01:47:45  
Leviathan.Dodu said: »
They're there for damage, making SD a staple atma choice.

This is implying WS frequency and DoT, it doesn't help the actual DMG of the WS with looking at the OP he is asking for atmas that Modify the DMG of the WS not the frequency or his DoT. Maybe he wants to Epeen out with high WS numbers and once again i state Sea Daughter does NOTHING for the WS DMG as a WS. So again the OP needs to state what he's looking to do. Try and Reach the highest numbers he can with his WS, OR, increase his DoT / WS Frequency.

And not everyone waits around for blunt time to do all their NMs they want to proc blue on. Low man groups (whm mnk duo) of course fights their NM they want blue on during blunt time, larger groups that carry more people (yes i know everything in abyssea can pretty much be handled by a small party) but that doesn't mean everyone does it that way. So yes if you are fighting an NM during piercing time and need a blue proc, guess what, RNG has the best probability of being one the job that needs to proc
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-08-31 02:01:48  
Jesus Christ, you bumped a month-old thread to argue semantics? Increasing WS frequency is a direct increase to WS damage. If you want to give advice in regard to things the OP clearly doesn't give a damn about, be my guest, but I'm not going to help him play like an idiot. You don't farm rare items off Abyssean NM during piercing unless you're a solo THF trying to farm Shinryu.

RR, GH, SD. /endthread
[+]
 Fenrir.Uzugami
サーバ: Fenrir
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-08-31 02:04:04  
Quetzalcoatl.Teezy said: »
So yes if you are fighting an NM during piercing time and need a blue proc, guess what, RNG has the best probability of being one the job that needs to proc

Hey. Sea Daughter helps you with TP, which helps that RNG proc blue. Just saying.
 Quetzalcoatl.Teezy
By Quetzalcoatl.Teezy 2011-08-31 02:30:08  
Leviathan.Dodu said: »
Jesus Christ, you bumped a month-old thread to argue semantics? Increasing WS frequency is a direct increase to WS damage. If you want to give advice in regard to things the OP clearly doesn't give a damn about, be my guest, but I'm not going to help him play like an idiot. You don't farm rare items off Abyssean NM during piercing unless you're a solo THF trying to farm Shinryu.

RR, GH, SD. /endthread

WS frequency is not a direct increase to the single instance of the WS only in DoT from WSing. Yes increasing WS frequency is a direct increase to overall dmg from the number of weaponskillS (PLURAL) you did with SD and without. But again as you FAIL to see, SD DOES NOTHING TO HELP A SINGLE INSTANCE OF A WS IN TERMS OF THE DMG THE WS PRODUCES AT THAT MOMENT IN TIME.

So as the OP originally stated, what are the best atmas for Slugshot. So tell me exactly how SD helps a single instance of Slugshot. The OP gives a damn about what he asked, and as you can read, he asked best atma for Slugshot, and stated like that would imply he wants to modify the DMG from a single instance of Slugshot, not being able to slugshot more often which Sea Daughter would allow but does nothing for the DMG of slugshot as a WS.

And Uzugami of course it helps a RNG proc blue because its increasing the FREQUENCY of WS's not the DMG.

you say you dont want the OP to play like an idiot yet go back and read his posts, never does he say anything about increasing his WS frequency which is the only thing SD does. His posts imply to modifying the DMG the WS does referring to a single instace. Never does he talk about DoT. SD is DoT atma not a WS modifying atma.

Thank you come again, coming from your 29 RNG that you have, but i'm sure you are going to tell me that you have a mule with a 90 RNG on it or something along those lines.

So goodnight to you and yes /endthread.

P.S. serious as you like to put it Balls to the wall RNGs use KC's, and leave atma of the SD with the Atma NPC.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-31 02:33:07  
Since you can't read, clearly, the OP got the answer he wanted, and even listened to the other advice that was given and opted out of using Slug Shot anyways.
[+]
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-08-31 02:34:52  
I like how you are questioning the relevancy of the people telling the OP to use Sea Daughter yet your necro post doesn't even offer any suggestions for slugwinder and instead you suggest crit atmas. lol
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Teezy
By Quetzalcoatl.Teezy 2011-08-31 02:36:44  
yes i can read and know that he was turned to the Crit hit ws's as he should be using over slugshot anyway, and even then, still shouldnt be using SD to increase the DMG to any ONE WS, as you fail to see as well, SD does nothing to modify a WS only increase the frequency which in turn would increase his DoT but again NOT HIS DMG from the WS itself!
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-08-31 02:40:17  
Quetzalcoatl.Teezy said: »
yes i can read

lol
Quote:
and know that he was turned to the Crit hit ws's as he should be using over slugshot anyway,
So like how most people here were telling him to use SD like he should be anyways?

Quote:
and even then, still shouldnt be using SD to increase the DMG to any ONE WS, as you fail to see as well, SD does nothing to modify a WS only increase the frequency which in turn would increase his DoT but again NOT HIS DMG from the WS itself!
We get it, no one is trying to argue this point. I dunno why you think people are.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-31 02:40:26  
*** it, not even worth my time.
[+]
First Page 2