フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » PDT- and fell cleve
PDT- and fell cleve
First Page 2 3
 Bismarck.Danz
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2011-08-24 02:42:02  
ok, me and a couple friends is gearing up for a empy static. we plan to KI farm for cloris and glavoids.
i don't see much of any guides to PDT fell-cleaveing

so far i only have 28%

but when i finish my set i will have around
39%
(unless i feel like spending mindless days working on the +1-2% darkness earrings)
which even than id be around 41-43%

is 39% enough?
how much is too much if that's possible?

i know 50% is cap, what i mean is how much is enough to effectively do
fell-cleve farming
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-08-24 02:47:48  
is this including gear and atmas?

20~30% pdt- in gear should be plenty for fc. right now i do it in about 26 i think and i do just fine, just make sure to have phalanx2 on you and should be np.

i find tacos + defender + protect5 also helps a bit, but could just be me since i know people who pull / cleave just fine with attk food lol.
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-24 02:49:59  
You can do it in just your normal DD gear, as long as you keep the mobs leveled down they wont kill you.
 Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2011-08-24 02:50:17  
just gear

shantoto legs, dark rings x2 (6%,5%), nierenschutz, ruffian leggings,
grim body,

peaces i'm working on are

twilight torque, darksteel mitts+1, metallon mantle,
 Leviathan.Zeroburning
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Zeroburning 2011-08-24 02:56:33  
either fc it or blm burn it xD
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-08-24 03:03:36  
cleaving in tahrongi canyon, you should be fine with -0pdt, with a competent WHM

i used to be fond of -pdt, but with the abundance of intense soothing lights, you should have mighty strikes and sekkanoki up for every pull, which, -should- pretty much destroy everything in sight.
 Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2011-08-24 03:06:48  
is it possable to get enugh to solo?

dureing day sea daughter is 20hp /tick regen
mounted champ is 20hp /tick
and toss in another PDT atma (considering FC dosnt crit)
 Fenrir.Uzugami
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-08-24 03:09:09  
Unless you're a BLU, no. You're going to need some form of curing on WAR. On a side-note. If you're cleaving for KI's Cataclysm is probably better than FC. (Cata does more dmg than FC, etc.)
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-08-24 03:09:38  
Bismarck.Danz said: »
is it possable to get enugh to solo?

dureing day sea daughter is 20hp /tick regen
mounted champ is 20hp /tick

and toss in another PDT atma (considering FC dosnt crit)

sure, but you can't really solo cap your azure on war lol.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-08-24 03:09:51  
ive gone solo a few times. think i went /dnc with sea daughter, mc, and visc. used defender and most of my TP towards CW3. let retaliation kill them all. couldnt withstand uber pulls, but 8 or so mandies seemed to work ok
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-24 03:13:56  
On BLU you can solo cleave if you care about cleaving by yourself, also any *** that decide they want to cleave ontop of you or drive you out of your camp are easily disposed of on BLU.

If you are building an Emp tho I suggest just farming the NMs its much faster than cleaving for Key Items.
 Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2011-08-24 03:14:12  
visc?
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-08-24 03:19:04  
You could solo with -DT and Regen Atmas, but it would mean having to Sub /DNC for those extra heals or having to deal with reduced amounts of enemies.

Last night I started FCing in Tahrongi for a set of Emps we are working on in that zone (1 Ukon for me in the mix :D).

With this setup (-5PDT Rings):

I can still stick to DD Atmas to efficiently pull (we lacked a puller, so lots of running) the full set of mobs (All bats or mandies or whatever you want to fight) at camp, 2h and either 1 shot them or 2shot them with /SAM , Sekkanoki and 2h.

The gear you are working on is fine, but provided you have at least a RDM for Phalanx II you shouldn't even need that much if you are using a mix of DD / - DT / Regen Atmas.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-08-24 03:22:35  
Bismarck.Danz said: »
visc?
o, that one off fistule, atma of viscissitude(sp?) has 15 regen and some def
 Fenrir.Uzugami
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-08-24 03:23:29  
Odin.Sheelay said: »
You could solo with -DT and Regen Atmas, but it would mean having to Sub /DNC for those extra heals or having to deal with reduced amounts of enemies.

Last night I started FCing in Tahrongi for a set of Emps we are working on in that zone (1 Ukon for me in the mix :D).

With this setup (-5PDT Rings):

I can still stick to DD Atmas to efficiently pull (we lacked a puller, so lots of running) the full set of mobs (All bats or mandies or whatever you want to fight) at camp, 2h and either 1 shot them or 2shot them with /SAM , Sekkanoki and 2h.

The gear you are working on is fine, but provided you have at least a RDM for Phalanx II you shouldn't even need that much if you are using a mix of DD / - DT / Regen Atmas.

Lately, as I've been cleaving I don't even need a PDT set for cleaving/pulling. :< Long as I have movement speed + on and I use my normal DD atmas on (I tend not to use MS since I normally have leeches who just key everything for me.) as long as the mobs aren't tough+
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-08-24 03:28:27  
Fenrir.Uzugami said: »

Lately, as I've been cleaving I don't even need a PDT set for cleaving/pulling. :< Long as I have movement speed + on and I use my normal DD atmas on (I tend not to use MS since I normally have leeches who just key everything for me.) as long as the mobs aren't tough+

I did use Hermes sandals on some pulls, but later on, after moving to bats as they freed up (they're better because they link so you don't have to chase after each mob and voke or hit it) I simply stopped caring. Speed or not, they would still get me.
I did realize that with Phalanx II up I could probably loosen up on the pdt gear. Heck, add a WHM to the mix and you can just use FC WS gear.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-08-24 03:35:52  
The one thing that makes a difference imo is having a puller and being able to use 2h chest whenever possible. It's so much better. Ok it's 2 things :P
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2011-08-24 03:41:53  
This is the setup I use atm, though I don't cleave very often.

The Sumeru +2 is the WS DMG+10% one (so DMG:111, not 104). The Kabuto has Haste+1 PDT-2% augment, the Dark Ring is sadly only BDT-2% PDT-3%, and the ASA legs are PDT-4% Movement speed+8%. Improvements to be done would be replacing the pointless Warwolf Belt with Nierenschutz, Boxer's Mantle with Metallon Mantle, and the rings with better Dark Rings. (And maybe a PDT-5% Regen+1~3 augmented Osode... >_>)
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-24 03:45:56  
Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial said: »
(And maybe a Grim Cuirass +1)

yup

also, should reaugment your blitzer with haste/-physical so you hit things 3% faster while you get bonked, since hermes' sandals takes care of the movement part; did it to mine when danzo sune-ate came out for samurai back at level eighty :D
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-08-24 15:06:18  
assuming your killing mandys/bats/easy things you can get by with very little (I had a war in ls do it with like 26%pdt back at 85 cap). Catacleaving is always an option in earth/terra's if you're that worried.

My current pdt set:

Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-24 15:13:52  
WAR and DRK really need new PDT pants, this whole brown subligar thing is just not my style.
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-08-24 15:14:42  
Blitzers aren't subligars

Edit: and anyone that thinks any benefit gained from using augments for a different job is better than the benefit of not wearing a subligar has mental issues.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-08-24 16:13:44  
METAL PANTIES FOR EVERYONE!

(using augments for lolrdm cure set eff you SE)
 Asura.Kese
サーバ: Asura
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2011-08-24 16:16:23  
why not a war eva set?
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2011-08-24 16:36:09  
I pull in 13% PDT + hermes sandals and never had a problem.. I really dont think you need an uber PST set to pull for AoE farming. Long as you have a WHM you should be able to do it in just about any gear you want, other than dusk.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-08-24 16:40:42  
I honestly prefer pulling than cleaving on WAR. I duo cleave with a BLU. He buffs himself while I pull.

WAR/DNC, 50% PDT, Viccitude/Mounted Champion/Stronghold

We fight mobs that don't cast but aggro/link based on sound. Works very well. I can leave to sell on AH, NPC, etc, while he stays in the zone.
 Cerberus.Lightvision
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-08-24 16:47:40  
i pull and cleave on WAR and have no problem without PDT/Regen atma on, i do 2 box a whm tho, but hermes relly makes a difference to pulling

dont have an items set bit here is what i pull in
Code
<head>Twilight Helm</head>
<neck>Twilight Torque</neck>
<body>Grim Cuirass</body>
<hands>Dst. Mittens +1</hands>
<lring>Jelly Ring</lring>
<rring>Dark Ring</rring>
<waist>Nierenschutz</waist>
<back>Metallon Mantle</back>
<legs>Inmicus Cuisses</legs>
<feet>Hermes' Sandals</feet>

and Cleave with this set(pretty much full out STR)
Code
<head>Twilight Helm</head>
<neck>Lacono Necklace</neck>
<lear>Centaurus Earring</lear>
<rear>Bushinomimi</rear>
<body>Grim Cuirass</body>
<hands>Heafoc Mitts</hands>
<lring>Rajas Ring</lring>
<rring>Vulcan's Ring</rring>
<waist>Beir Belt</waist>
<back>Cerberus Mantle +1</back>
<legs>Jingang Hose</legs>
<feet>Jingang Greaves</feet>

Atma i use is VV, Stout Arm, Harvester
 Leviathan.Frotaut
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Frotaut2
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2011-08-24 16:50:54  
I self pull on war/sam no pdt just sandals for some movement speed with only a Whm i use vv rr and apoc no phal and never have any issues. i see pdt unless just a pull macro as fairly useless with a solid whm backing you up. in la thiene frogs are never an issue if you dont pull 100 and just stick with one sided pond pulls. the canyon i just do scorps can pull almost everyone no issues and then i usually do mandies in altepa again no issues with damage just learn to path the mobs so they follow but not to close i have a decent pdt set i could use from pld on war but just find it as wasted spaces for all those npcable gold box bs items for even more gils. I see alot of pdt cleaves and never understood why.
lol wrong char for above post sorry edit here.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-08-24 18:32:57  
Asura.Kese said: »
why not a war eva set?
I think, so correct me if i'm wrong someone, that evasion checks before retaliation does. AKA, you'd need to get hit for it to activate. And imo, retaliation is just too sexy to pass up, nothing like insta-100TP.
First Page 2 3