Confused About Life.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Confused about life.
Confused about life.
First Page 2 3 4
 Odin.Mastermago
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Mastermago 2011-09-10 12:45:32  
ASSUME I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.

Ok, im a level 90 monk, in my lovely pink aurore gear, and my savate fists. Im fairly sure I should start working twords my tantra gear, but I don't know what I should do about my weapon. I don't know what I should be going for, but I know I atleast need a short term upgrate to what im using now.

Suggestions?
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2011-09-10 12:50:04  
Taurine Cesti. And maybe start working on a Magian in the meantime. If you can't do Verethragna, then do the NQ empy.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-09-10 12:51:53  
rev fists +2
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-09-10 12:52:42  
Vereth > Rev fists +2 > Taurine Cesti > Furore
 Leviathan.Dodu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-10 12:53:51  
Rev. Fists +2, cap haste, eat food.

Worry about everything else after those things happen.

All of these things are dreadfully easy to get, or cost absolutely nothing. Brown Belt and Rev. Fists +2 will take the longest to get, but they're easily the most important parts(H2H being more important than virtually any other upgrade).
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-09-10 12:54:00  
Magian fire weapon is probably your best bet to go for as a start since they are upping the level cap soon and any drop items you can get will be outdated then. It's actually not that hard to get done as you can get 50+ kills solo on a fire day in abyssea and 90+ if you get yourself a healer/more help.

WoE/Vere are your following options or maybe something that comes with the update.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-10 13:10:06  
Dead DD aren't good DD.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-09-10 13:12:41  
Let's call in the pld and nin army. But nin only if they get self heal ninjitsu
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-09-10 13:13:10  
Leviathan.Dodu said: »
Dead DD aren't good DD.

That's never been a good excuse.
 Phoenix.Fondue
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-09-10 13:15:51  
Dead DD aren't good DD.
get better mages

[+]
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-10 13:17:31  
wat

It's not an excuse, it's a reality. Anything above T3(and a few T3) absolutely will not allow for a WAR to take advantage of their offensive abilities, and based on test server findings, that's clearly the path SE is taking with their game for the foreseeable future. Melee DD are going to become proc-monkies, with RNG/BLM/COR/SMN/RDM stepping in to handle damage output.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-09-10 13:20:20  
wat

It's not an excuse, it's a reality. Anything above T3(and a few T3) absolutely will not allow for a WAR to take advantage of their offensive abilities, and based on test server findings, that's clearly the path SE is taking with their game for the foreseeable future. Melee DD are going to become proc-monkies, with RNG/BLM/COR/SMN/RDM stepping in to handle damage output.

I remember back in the day when people told me I couldn't replace my self with a polearm SAM because he'd die too easily.

I said *** you and did it anyway.

And I somehow doubt VW is going to be the only event people do forever more.

Oh and what test server findings specifically?
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-09-10 13:20:30  
yes one event dropping mostly useless items is definitely the future of a dead game where people only continue playing to do old content
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-09-10 13:21:18  
Phoenix.Fondue said: »
yes one event dropping mostly useless items is definitely the future of a dead game where people only continue playing to do old content

Also this.
 Fenrir.Niniann
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-10 13:25:13  
Sev's beautiful post has been misinterpreted, but it's cool I know Dodu doesn't lurk enough to get the joke! ;; <3

As for dead DDs aren't good DDs this is true specifically for Voidwatch. And he's right--the old director (the one who likes grinds, marginal upgrades/sidegrades and HNMs) has taken over FFXI. I mean just look at what they wanted to do with Magian staves before they pulled that. @@;

Anyway WAR face tanks fine in Abyssea, not so much on anything remotely scary.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-10 13:26:40  
Game's been dying for several years. Nobody who still enjoys it cared when it was first said, nobody who still enjoys it cares now.

And Fafnir didn't hit your SAM for 400+ in full PDT with attacks that can't be tanked with shadows while building towards an AoE TP move that will do in the neighborhood of 1,500 damage with the highest tier shell available. The two are not comparable. SE clearly wants nothing to do with the DD-tanking style the game took on for a long time, and they're doing an excellent job of making it unrealistic.

Feel free to point out the rest of the new content you're aware of.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-09-10 13:29:24  
Game's been dying for several years. Nobody who still enjoys it cared when it was first said, nobody who still enjoys it cares now.

And Fafnir didn't hit your SAM for 400+ in full PDT with attacks that can't be tanked with shadows while building towards an AoE TP move that will do in the neighborhood of 1,500 damage with the highest tier shell available. The two are not comparable. SE clearly wants nothing to do with the DD-tanking style the game took on for a long time, and they're doing an excellent job of making it unrealistic.

Feel free to point out the rest of the new content you're aware of.

I'm pretty sure the majority of players will still stay in Abyssea for the majority of time still, unless there's some super ***that's being released for this update that I'm unaware of? I'm pretty sure the general consensus is that VW will be rofflestomped at 99 when more relevant gear is available. What test server findings specifically?
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-10 13:31:17  
You all make it sound as if I hate WAR. WAR is the most beastly job in the game right now, and I fully appreciate the utility of their raw damage output, but I've seen WAR in VW, and it simply isn't realistic.

Hell, even if you've never witnessed one getting slammed to the ground in seconds, its not difficult to conceptualize. Everything has a lot of HP, which means DD end up enmity capped before you hit the 75% mark, at which point they're left with a pissed off mob that simply isn't within their capacity to tank.

Test server findings are in regard to VW mobs just becoming more of the nightmare that they already are. Mantis, for instance, is Hahava on a bad day. Attacks from all sides(regardless of who has hate), and does so for absurd amounts of damage to real tanks.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-09-10 13:31:43  
I'd be very surprised if Voidwatch is the only event that gets an update with this update.

I'm pretty sure they've pointed out a dungeon crawling event and other events that were in the planning stages.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-10 13:32:34  
Is MNK not a DD now?
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-10 13:34:19  
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Is MNK not a DD now?

Using a MNK isn't what I'd call 'DD-tanking'. Its nothing more than taking advantage of a substantial HP difference, and it couldn't be any less ideal.
By olyard 2011-09-10 13:35:42  
How isn't it DD tanking? You aren't doing anything differently lol.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-10 13:36:54  
Shiva.Flionheart said: »
I'd be very surprised if Voidwatch is the only event that gets an update with this update.

I'm pretty sure they've pointed out a dungeon crawling event and other events that were in the planning stages.

That very well may be the case, and VW may turn out to be total ***at 99, but there's no reason to suggest they're going to veer away from the general mob structure they've used for it thus far(nor do I particularly want them to).

Like I said, I'm not WAR-hating, I just don't see it being as useful as it is in Abyssea very much after Abyssea stops being the game's only prime content.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-09-10 13:37:47  
Leviathan.Dodu said:
You all make it sound as if I hate WAR. WAR is the most beastly job in the game right now, and I fully appreciate the utility of their raw damage output, but I've seen WAR in VW, and it simply isn't realistic.

Hell, even if you've never witnessed one getting slammed to the ground in seconds, its not difficult to conceptualize. Everything has a lot of HP, which means DD end up enmity capped before you hit the 75% mark, at which point they're left with a pissed off mob that simply isn't within their capacity to tank.

Test server findings are in regard to VW mobs just becoming more of the nightmare that they already are. Mantis, for instance, is Hahava on a bad day. Attacks from all sides(regardless of who has hate), and does so for absurd amounts of damage to real tanks.

so srs :(
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-09-10 13:38:56  
so having mobs where the only realistic tank is an ochain/aegis paladin is the correct direction for the game to go? pretty stupid imo
First Page 2 3 4