users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Fenrir » Byakko
Byakko
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-04-21 08:59:47  
Cecilharvey said:
lets take the case of the military guys in this game, how much of them can play during a week end by month only ? Do you really think in this case they can attempt a Sky LS ? or even have enough time to spend their week end of rest to go farm something with a shitty drop rate & which will sell 30k a stack ? seriously ppl, stop being so narrow minded about gears, B.Haidate is for sure a very good piece of gear, but stop saying it does make a job, You can be an extremly good SAM w/o having them.

Hope that way you will see my point better.
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-21 09:03:07  
Aphy said:
Cecilharvey said:
lets take the case of the military guys in this game, how much of them can play during a week end by month only ? Do you really think in this case they can attempt a Sky LS ? or even have enough time to spend their week end of rest to go farm something with a shitty drop rate & which will sell 30k a stack ? seriously ppl, stop being so narrow minded about gears, B.Haidate is for sure a very good piece of gear, but stop saying it does make a job, You can be an extremly good SAM w/o having them.

I have a guy in my points based ls who told me all he can do is play when his GF isnt home or is out of town (Maybe 1-3 hours a week) and in those few hours he comes to events. All he wanted was haidate, so he attended events everytime he could and eventually (3-4 months later) all the ppl ahead of him either got haidate or spend their points on DYna af or something so he was next, and he got it!

Point is, even only a few hours, with some dedication can get u things u want. If it doesnt, ur in the wrong ls.

And also yes you can be a extremely good sam without them but thanks to SE, unfortunately gear = best. You HAVE to have the best gear in order to put out the dmg to be the best. Skill matters minimal if you do not have the gear.

Do your research, take a day of the week you can do sky and seek out a linkshell that is up there at the times you can go. Put in the effort, like this guy did in the quoted text, and you will eventually get them. My LS has got a pair for all of the original members and new people are getting them within weeks of joining. Like I said, do your research and maybe you will get lucky and get them sooner then you think.
 Phoenix.Mogue
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2009-04-21 09:05:35  
Cecilharvey said:
Cecilharvey said:

Hope that way you will see my point better.

Nope, repeating/emphasizing stupid points didn't help. Maybe try "ITSMAHTWELVENINETYFIVE"?
[+]
 Hades.Dizzmal
サーバ: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-04-21 09:11:27  
Caramon said:
Is there a linkshell willing to kill Byakko for me. I have the stones i just want to lot 1 item from treasure pool.

Yes i want haidates.

Back to the OP post. If you are willing to server transfer, my LS is willing to kill the kitty for you. You will only get to lot on kitty pants. All other gil drops and Adj, will belong to our LS.
 Diabolos.Aphy
サーバ: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Aphy 2009-04-21 09:12:08
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Cecilharvey said:

Aphy said:
I have a guy in my points based ls who told me all he can do is play when his GF isnt home or is out of town (Maybe 1-3 hours a week) and in those few hours he comes to events. All he wanted was haidate, so he attended events everytime he could and eventually (3-4 months later) all the ppl ahead of him either got haidate or spend their points on DYna af or something so he was next, and he got it!

there, that sums it up cause I dont think you read it.

~afk class time
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-21 09:16:23  
lolAphy. Don't even bother trying to talk sensibly to Cecilharvey.

he no understand teh Engrish so good.
[+]
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-04-21 09:25:32  
Aphy said:
Do your research, take a day of the week you can do sky and seek out a linkshell that is up there at the times you can go. Put in the effort, like this guy did in the quoted text, and you will eventually get them. My LS has got a pair for all of the original members and new people are getting them within weeks of joining. Like I said, do your research and maybe you will get lucky and get them sooner then you think.

Well good if somes ppl get lucky, some might miss of luck too, just now lets be honest, someone SAM75 with no Haidate is not a bad SAM, & someone who play 2 days on 30 can not attempt easily a Sky LS, it was my case so i know wtf it is.

Tbest said:
lolAphy. Don't even bother trying to talk sensibly to Cecilharvey.

he no understand teh Engrish so good.

just for you the massive *** & troll

Wooooodum said:
You are an idiot.

Do us all a favor ^^ go jump of a bridge kthx
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-21 09:45:59  
Cecilharvey said:

How do you jump of a bridge?
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-21 09:47:05  
Tbest said:
Cecilharvey said:

How do you jump of a bridge?

with mad skillz
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-04-21 09:52:37  
Excesspain said:
A good solution to this is just bring 2 friends with you and the 3 of you all take leader in each party. Don't lot until everyone passes and if someone does lot just kick them.

Best reply in this thread. Anyone who complains about ninja lotters and does not have control of the alliance leaders are idiots.
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
サーバ: Ramuh
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2009-04-21 10:06:23  
Cecilharvey said:
Aphy said:

Well good if somes ppl get lucky, some might miss of luck too, just now lets be honest, someone SAM75 with no Haidate is not a bad SAM, & someone who play 2 days on 30 can not attempt easily a Sky LS, it was my case so i know wtf it is.

What's the point of spending your gil to merc haidate if you can only wear them 2 days a month?
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
サーバ: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-04-21 10:11:14  
Hypnotizd said:
Excesspain said:
A good solution to this is just bring 2 friends with you and the 3 of you all take leader in each party. Don't lot until everyone passes and if someone does lot just kick them.

Best reply in this thread. Anyone who complains about ninja lotters and does not have control of the alliance leaders are idiots.

I also agree with this 100%.

Also, if you decide to take the pick-up alliance route, make sure you trust the people in key positions. I was bored on Sunday morning and joined a pick-up Byakko to see see what would happen. Not surprisingly, it ended in a wipe (70% lol).

You're just throwing away your popset if the tank party is inexperienced and/or dumb. Try to recruit trusted friends to fill the tank spots and healer roles. It also helps if you have a BLM friend who knows when to stun (and to be the BLM party leader). If you need to /shout to fill out to alliance, shout for DDs. Success doesn't hinge on them playing close attention, but it obviously helps if they do.
[+]
 Asura.Yotevol
サーバ: Asura
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-04-21 10:35:44  
Cecilharvey said:

Well, I am military and I have the BH.
I don't even have a job that can use then effectively.

However, what I did was joined a fully point based LS.
The more you commit, the more points you get. But when you get an item, your points go down.
So, over time (if you are committed long term), you will accumulate enough points.
I did that, and now the only thing I am missing from sky is W. Legs.
Patience, commitment and dedication will earn you what you want.

~Yote
 Ramuh.Ragni
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Ragni
By Ramuh.Ragni 2009-04-21 10:54:52  
Cecilharvey said:
Ragni said:
BH aren't overrated lol... this is good piece for TP build for SAM you wont find something better for TP, so good SAM should have this piece of armor :) (just join sky LS and be patient).

Do you mean a SAM who can not attempt sky because of things like RL isn't a good SAM? because he doesn't have a pair of B.Haidate ?

Common ! My sky farming was 2-3 hours on Tuesdays and Wednesdays..... and on Sundays we were killing gods, this is not that much time in sky.... I know that RL > FFXI I dont have so much time too, if u dont have time for sky farm set for byakko :) Good SAM means that you know how to play on this job and trying to get the best equip for this job ... it's hard but worth time ;)
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-21 11:27:01  
Aphy said:
You HAVE to have the best gear in order to put out the dmg to be the best. Skill matters minimal if you do not have the gear.

/thread.

It's sad but it's true. Skill does not make you attack faster, or lower your recast times, etc.
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-04-21 11:42:39  
Wooooodum said:
Aphy said:
You HAVE to have the best gear in order to put out the dmg to be the best. Skill matters minimal if you do not have the gear.

/thread.

It's sad but it's true. Skill does not make you attack faster, or lower your recast times, etc.

I never said the opposite, i was just going against thoses ppl who say ***like "A SAM is bad because he doesn't have B.Haidate" thats so ridiculous, its like saying "A WAR is Bad because he doesn't have E.Body" or "A RDM is bad cos he doesn't have RDM Relic Hat" how much ppl wish to do HNMs but can not have this ingame lifestyle ? well its same for somes events such as Dyna/Limbus so seriously fyi ppl...

Its the exact same thing, w/e if one thing is in Sky, one on Nidhogg/Odin & the last in Dyna, somes ppl just can not attempt thoses events, it doesn't make them bad.
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
サーバ: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-04-21 11:46:06  
Kormix said:
Azulmagia said:
Don't forget it's the best TP legs for BRD!

***yeah! DD brd ftw!

Wut?

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=67344
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-21 11:58:30  
Cecilharvey said:
Wooooodum said:
Aphy said:

/thread.

I never said the opposite, i was just going against thoses ppl who say ***like "A SAM is bad because he doesn't have B.Haidate" thats so ridiculous, its like saying "A WAR is Bad because he doesn't have E.Body" or "A RDM is bad cos he doesn't have RDM Relic Hat" how much ppl wish to do HNMs but can not have this ingame lifestyle ? seriously fyi ppl...

Its the exact same thing, w/e if one thing is in Sky, one on Nidhogg/Odin & the last in Dyna, somes ppl just can not attempt thoses events, it doesn't make them bad.

They are no where near the same thing. Haidates drop from a POP NM, which is usually popped multiple times in one God night. Which, obviously, increases number of chances to drop. My LS has gone 3/3 twice now on Byakko and a couple 2/3 nights.

HNM is once per day if you are lucky enough to out bot a competing LS which makes those drops harder to obtain since not as many people have them and probably save up points for the good drops.

As far as Odin goes, I haven't personally done this so I can't comment on how often you kill him or his drops. So Haidate are a lot easier to get compared to HNM/Odin drops.

Dyna/Limbus basically the same thing. You can only go so many times in a month and if your gear drops you have to out bid, or w.e the setup is, other people and pray you win.

Sky IMO is a lot easier to obtain gear in (at least from lessers) then HNM/Odin/Dyna.
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-04-21 12:13:26  
Excesspain said:
They are no where near the same thing. Haidates drop from a POP NM, which is usually popped multiple times in one God night. Which, obviously, increases number of chances to drop. My LS has gone 3/3 twice now on Byakko and a couple 2/3 nights. Where as an HNM is once per day if you are lucky enough to out bot a competing LS which makes those drops harder to obtain since not as many people have them and probably save up points for the good drops. As far as Odin goes, I haven't personally done this so I can't comment on how often you kill him or his drops. So Haidate are a lot easier to get compared to HNM/Odin drops. Dyna/Limbus basically the same thing. You can only go so many times in a month and if your gear drops you have to out bid, or w.e the setup is, other people and pray you win. Sky IMO is a lot easier to obtain gear in (at least from lessers) then HNM/Odin/Dyna.

Assuming you are just saying all thoses events doesn't requires the same comitment ?
Well i'm sorry to go against your point again, w/e which event it is, if the LS have a minimum of fairness you need to be comited & attempt the events, & again since you can not see the point "Not everyone is available for thoses events, even sky can be hard to find in your time frame or on a day convinient for you" its not because a major party of the players can attempt them that everyone must be able to attempt them, but anyway its kinda unfair to take down the persons who can not attempt them & say they are bad/shitty players.

With my actuall Sky LS we doesn't have seen a B.Haidate since 2 months then last droped Friday in the last week, i'm happy to know that you get 3/3 twice in your LS, in mine liste is again long & we doesn't get so much, it does not mean the ppl here are bad sorry.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-21 12:28:08  
Cecilharvey said:
Excesspain said:
They are no where near the same thing. Haidates drop from a POP NM, which is usually popped multiple times in one God night. Which, obviously, increases number of chances to drop. My LS has gone 3/3 twice now on Byakko and a couple 2/3 nights. Where as an HNM is once per day if you are lucky enough to out bot a competing LS which makes those drops harder to obtain since not as many people have them and probably save up points for the good drops. As far as Odin goes, I haven't personally done this so I can't comment on how often you kill him or his drops. So Haidate are a lot easier to get compared to HNM/Odin drops. Dyna/Limbus basically the same thing. You can only go so many times in a month and if your gear drops you have to out bid, or w.e the setup is, other people and pray you win. Sky IMO is a lot easier to obtain gear in (at least from lessers) then HNM/Odin/Dyna.

Assuming you are just saying all thoses events doesn't requires the same comitment ?
Well i'm sorry to go against your point again, w/e which event it is, if the LS have a minimum of fairness you need to be comited & attempt the events, & again since you can not see the point "Not everyone is available for thoses events, even sky can be hard to find in your time frame or on a day convinient for you" its not because a major party of the players can attempt them that everyone must be able to attempt them, but anyway its kinda unfair to take down the persons who can not attempt them & say they are bad/shitty players.

With my actuall Sky LS we doesn't have seen a B.Haidate since 2 months, last droped Friday in the last week, i'm happy to know that you get 3/3 twice in your LS, in mine liste is again long & we doesn't get so much, it does not mean the ppl here are bad sorry.

Again you fail massivly. You cannot compare sky and HNM's, so stop trying. YOU decide when you want to do sky, you DO NOT decide when you want HNM's to pop. Go count the number of Ebodies running around WG then count the number of haidate and tell me thats the same freaking thing. If your too stupid to find a LS that goes in your time slot then just farm the gil to buy a pair. Quit trying to make excuses for people to suck. This game is old and unless your just starting if you aren't gearing your job well or actively working to make it better then your garbage and you should have quit yesterday.
[+]
 Shiva.Xellith
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2009-04-21 12:28:50  
cant byakko be killed by 7 people? rdm/sch chainspell drain? 1 rdm/drk for chain stun? a pld for invincible or something?
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-21 12:44:05  
Xellith said:
cant byakko be killed by 7 people? rdm/sch chainspell drain? 1 rdm/drk for chain stun? a pld for invincible or something?

I would like to see that.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-04-21 12:47:29  
Xellith said:

Prolly wouldn't need 2hr's, my chat LS did my popset and another guy in my LS's popset. Lucky me, I went first >_> because of a few "minor" (read: SCH being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and not handing out Stoneskins) errors, we ended up wiping at 6% after everyone expended all the RR's we had to try and zombie it for a while >.> Yay go us.. SCH's got shouted at, other PLD got shouted at for not getting hate when it was needed, etc..

Next popset we did with ease, I died once and that was the only death. Only had about 8-9 players, SCH SCH PLD PLD RDM Dual-Boxed SAM BLM COR and maybe something slightly less useful.. like a PUP >.>

We're gonna try a 6 person group when we can, PLD PLD WHM SCH BLM BRD, or something like that, maybe put BLM in it's own little PT and add something more useful into tank PT XD
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-04-21 12:54:02  
Frobeus said:
Again you fail massivly. You cannot compare sky and HNM's, so stop trying. YOU decide when you want to do sky, you DO NOT decide when you want HNM's to pop. Go count the number of Ebodies running around WG then count the number of haidate and tell me thats the same freaking thing. If your too stupid to find a LS that goes in your time slot then just farm the gil to buy a pair. Quit trying to make excuses for people to suck. This game is old and unless your just starting if you aren't gearing your job well or actively working to make it better then your garbage and you should have quit yesterday.

i was waiting for this one, but heh, i wont waste my time to answer to an idiot like you, i'll just give you a little advice, just STFU, you are prolly one of the biggest dumbass or "Garbage" in there, flaming ppl or insulting them, saying they suck cos they doesn't have a piece of virtual crap in a game, just go out & get a good time having Oxygen, i think your brain lack of that.
 Cerberus.Saiya
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-04-21 12:56:36  
Sorry about the late reply, been a busy day v.v
Saiya said:
Wow, people actually charge money on top of keeping all but one item.
The payment is getting whatever else the god drops apart from that one item. Gear for the LS and a fair chance of a synth item (not to mention a Seal). Our LS pops HNMs/Gods for people on that basis.
[+]
 Cerberus.Saiya
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-04-21 12:59:51  
Wooooodum said:
Saiya said:
Wow, people actually charge money on top of keeping all but one item? Raw.

Apparently the potential money drops, the guaranteed Abjuration drop and 1/4 of a Kirin pop isn't enough nowadays. =\
Oh sorry Woooodum, didn't see that.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-21 13:27:32  
Cecilharvey said:
Frobeus said:

i was waiting for this one, but heh, i wont waste my time to answer to an idiot like you, i'll just give you a little advice, just STFU, you are prolly one of the biggest dumbass or "Garbage" in there, flaming ppl or insulting them, saying they suck cos they doesn't have a piece of virtual crap in a game, just go out & get a good time having Oxygen, i think your brain lack of that.

Then proceed to answer me, beautiful. But yes, I'm going to tell you that your virtual sucks because it doesn't have virtual gear. Your job,education,relationship status,etc.. is not displayed along with your character in game, just your character, so that is all one can comment on. If you don't want people telling you that you suck, you need to quit sucking.
[+]
 Diabolos.Aphy
サーバ: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Aphy 2009-04-21 13:30:54
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Aphy said:

WOAH WOAH, as much as i would of liked to been the guy who said this, I wasn't. :x

Excesspain said:

There we go, carry on my wayward son! *reads*
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-04-21 13:31:08  
Frobeus said:
Then proceed to answer me, beautiful. But yes, I'm going to tell you that your virtual sucks because it doesn't have virtual gear. Your job,education,relationship status,etc.. is not displayed along with your character in game, just your character, so that is all one can comment on. If you don't want people telling you that you suck, you need to quit sucking.

Frobeus said:
Assuming things about ppl you don't know is pretty pro...

What did you said ? just shut up hipocrit!
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-04-21 13:37:16  
Xellith said:

That would be freaking awesome =D I'd love to see this.