Have I Missed Something?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Have I missed something?
Have I missed something?
 Fenrir.Moldtech
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2011-09-27 15:37:01  
While you're all bs'ing on staves, I has a question for you. Soulscourge or H.Q. staves for elemental siphon? What are your thoughts?

Also, earthcrusher is pretty powerful while brewing, just sayin'.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
サーバ: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-09-27 15:39:52  
Ele staves do nothing for siphon, so soulscourge, or a kirins pole with +10~ skill augment if you can get your hands on one.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2011-09-27 15:41:10  
Bismarck.Markas said: »
Bismarck.Ruizutatakau said: »
SMNs who sub RDM are gimps.

explain this to me from your massive experience as smn.
First off, I play it on Belcoot's account cause I wouldn't finish mine years ago when people were looking at it like it was some main heal, more MP and half the curing power. Go SMN. Besides situations where you'll need convert what else are you benefiting from? If you say refresh then you need to take a look at SCH. You do better overall subbing SCH. Unless you're like SMNs who think MAB gear and job traits are doing something for your blood pacts.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-27 15:41:30  
Siren.Kunimatsu said: »
Ele staves do nothing for siphon, so soulscourge, or a kirins pole with +10~ skill augment if you can get your hands on one.
Reduces your perp for the time the elemental is out, so while it's not directly adding to your MP pool in the way that skill+ on Siphon does it still has the same end result of giving you more MP to work with than you'd have without it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-27 15:42:55  
Bismarck.Soranika said: »
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
lol oh wow
Is there something you feel the need to disapprove of there? I kinda like people to just say it instead of laughing at me.

Basically why they're laughing at you: Your WHM has +2 gear, that means you use it enough to justify getting yourself a +2 staff. You're mocking people for being gimp, yet your useful job (I'm sorry SMN isn't exactly a "useful job") doesn't even have the most important piece of equipment. This is why it's so funny.

Not to mention SMN throws cures.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Soranika
user: Soranika
By Bismarck.Soranika 2011-09-27 15:54:14  
I said it's augmented, not signed.

And yes, my WHM is gimp. I can count how many times I have it equip lately on SMN on one hand. If I use Carby at any point, I use hvergelmir. (FFXI seems to not want to believe I own one since I took it straight to 85)

Elemental Siphon argument - Elemental spirits have no reason being out for more than 2 ticks at the most. Their perp cost is negligible to the amount of MP gain. Soulscourge is a better choice.

MY WHM - I don't like WHM. I'm in an LS that pretty much demands me to do so and happens to do abyssea frequently. All my WHM gear was literally forced on me. So yeah. But at least now if some one wants me to main heal, I have WHM cause post 75+, SMN can't do squat to main heal in abyssea and aren't wanted to main heal outside anymore.

My purpose for this thread was to figure out why SMN I've been seeing around lately are using MAB and INT gear full time. Which in the long run is still absolutely useless.
[+]
 Bismarck.Soranika
By Bismarck.Soranika 2011-09-27 15:58:08  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Soranika said: »
Geared for Cataclysm... But it's not even native to SMN. WHM is still common but what SMN are subbing WAR, MNK, or PLD... or even still WHM purposely for Cataclysm?
Don't underestimate how strong cataclysm can be, it blows away all other magical aoe weaponskills by far in damage. With a neutral mob, the right atma and yamas +2 at 300% you could break 4000 per mob and that's just soloing with no scholar in party or darkday
I know this is irrelevant comparison but I've seen WARs pump out 5k+ with just 100% TP in amber farming on mobs that would ruby to fell cleave.
But honestly I'm curious which sedikutchi +1 augments would be better for it. I'm still working on it on the path to 10% increase in weapon skill damage.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-27 15:59:01  
Bismarck.Soranika said: »
MY WHM - I don't like WHM. I'm in an LS that pretty much demands me to do so and happens to do abyssea frequently. All my WHM gear was literally forced on me. So yeah. But at least now if some one wants me to main heal, I have WHM cause post 75+, SMN can't do squat to main heal in abyssea and aren't wanted to main heal outside anymore.

So not liking your most-used job means it's okay to suck at it? Alright, carry on.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-09-27 16:01:55  
Basicly, you made this thread to ask why people are stupid and gimp, and the thread just turned into people calling you gimp and you defending yourself.
You should just let this thread die, wont get any better answers for your question than: People are stupid.
 Bismarck.Soranika
By Bismarck.Soranika 2011-09-27 16:03:13  
Fenrir.Niniann said: »
So not liking your most-used job means it's okay to suck at it? Alright, carry on.
Not having 50% cure potency means I suck at it? Oki doki. I'll accept that.
[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-09-27 16:11:54  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Reduces your perp for the time the elemental is out, so while it's not directly adding to your MP pool in the way that skill+ on Siphon does it still has the same end result of giving you more MP to work with than you'd have without it.

Hmm you're right, I didn't think of it that way.

In my current siphon set using soulscourge I have -13 perp including auto refresh traits, and at 90-95 spirits will probably be around 20mp/tic if not more (19mp/tic at lv81) so even if I had an augmented kirins pole, I would still be barely breaking even if I end up going over a tic, although my siphon macro is fast and sometimes avoids the tic.

And I like bigger siphon numbers on screen :x, they make my penis tingle at night.
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-09-27 16:24:20  

First off, I play it on Belcoot's account cause I wouldn't finish mine years ago when people were looking at it like it was some main heal, more MP and half the curing power. Go SMN. Besides situations where you'll need convert what else are you benefiting from? If you say refresh then you need to take a look at SCH. You do better overall subbing SCH. Unless you're like SMNs who think MAB gear and job traits are doing something for your blood pacts.
So, basically the only reason you can give is Sublimation, which is exactly equal to Refresh which doesn't have the HP drain. Never mind the fast cast that works when summoning avatars or Convert that you can use while Siphon is down. But I guess you wouldn't need it if you're just standing around letting your pet melee or don't have capped -BP timer.
 Cerberus.Mystina
user: Lede
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-09-27 16:39:03  
Cerberus.Quipto said: »

So, basically the only reason you can give is Sublimation, which is exactly equal to Refresh which doesn't have the HP drain. Never mind the fast cast that works when summoning avatars or Convert that you can use while Siphon is down. But I guess you wouldn't need it if you're just standing around letting your pet melee or don't have capped -BP timer.

Losing Na spells and erase can actually be a game over in the right sitatuions, and reraise, and cure 4, say you get bound while trying to run, or paralyzed,(we all know how fun a paralyzed smn is) you're also stuck with cure 3 only (not that it's really an issue with carbuncle) but that can also take time, i honestly don't really see the point in subbing rdm either, not to say a smn doing it is gimp (but let's face it most SMNS you see don't know anything outside of garuda) if anything /sch is actually a better option.

Because you have an option for Mp regain as well as nessassary support spells. you can't sit here and say there aren't alot of sitations where a mob can cast bad enfeebles and you can't remove them. Let's take flux 9 in woe for example. if you get hit with that wailing bs you're stuck with that crap as /rdm untill it wears off. meaning your MP is cut in half for the entire duration, and we know what's going to happen if a aoe hits you.

Edit: oh to further add to it's utlity you also have a decent option at Aspir and drain, i actually made a dark skill set with what SMN can wear and i actually get decent aspir numbers when applicable, which further adds to MP regeneration options.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-27 16:47:45  
For SMN I personally sub WHM because I'm not a BP drone in group situations, plus in things like Voidwatch/Abyssea I don't need the MP gained by RDM or SCH. -nas, Erase, Cure IV and Haste(without having to waste timers) is a godsend. :x
[+]
 Bismarck.Soranika
By Bismarck.Soranika 2011-09-27 16:56:29  
General reason I stick with /WHM. /SCH doesn't really help SMN anymore like it did at 75. Those that sub /RDM suffer from poor MP management really. Speaking in generalization, /WHM increases survivabilty.

I got another bone to pick with SE about soothing ruby and WoE with Carbuncle. It's range is absolutely horrible in comparison to other wards.
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2011-09-27 16:58:43  

No, if you're using HP to MP gear you're gimping the Sublimation. So if you don't have HP to MP gear then you'll get alot more than from refresh. I'm talking MP management and Mystina made great points.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-09-27 17:01:31  
It's not as straight forward as /SCH being better than /RDM, there will be times when it's not possible to keep sublimation up, be it some form of dispel or a mob constantly putting you below 50% HP, rendering sublimation useless.

Other than that /SCH does have more support options for both solo and group situations while still maintaining MP recovery tools, once /RDM gets cure IV and haste it'll have more uses than it does now.

Or what Niniann said if you're in a group :P

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-09-27 17:03:39  
No, if you're using HP to MP gear you're gimping the Sublimation. So if you don't have HP to MP gear then you'll get alot more than from refresh. I'm talking MP management and Mystina made great points.

Convert HP to MP gear doesn't affect the maximum charge from sublimation, only HP+ and HP- gear does.
 Bismarck.Soranika
By Bismarck.Soranika 2011-09-27 17:09:13  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
the staff I mentioned would be ~30% increase in damage, 10% wouldn't be worth it for this ws.
And yeah if you don't care about lights blu mage would be better than war and cataclysm anyways, with charged whisker. But I was mentioning amber light
Ah got'cha. Then I figure the TP Bonus +100 wouldn't be as helpful either? Looks like I need to cancel that trial in that case.
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2011-09-27 17:19:18  

Convert HP to MP gear doesn't affect the maximum charge from sublimation, only HP+ and HP- gear does.
Oh, well then that. Thanks for the correction!
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-09-27 17:25:53  

Oh, well then that. Thanks for the correction!
Regardless, Refresh and Sublimation rate is exactly the same. And that's all that matters really.

Mystina made a lot of great points however. I generally don't worry about those things though, between Carbuncle and Leviathan. Though 45 seconds is somewhat long to remove debuffs.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-27 17:30:24  
Regardless, Refresh and Sublimation rate is exactly the same. And that's all that matters really.

RDM can still convert, but I'm not saying this is a reason to /RDM.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Mystina
user: Lede
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-09-27 17:36:26  
Fenrir.Niniann said: »

RDM can still convert, but I'm not saying this is a reason to /RDM.

Converting actually can become a problem sometimes, because you're stuck with the issue of how to refill that HP... if carbuncle or leviathan are not out you're bascily going to have to fill that bathtub with a cup. and the Last thing you want is a mob running for you and giving it easy access with 1-200 hp left in which you are also adding to your enimity (though very little) with the constant curing, which is also draining the MP you just got. Use with Caution. Convert hurts.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-27 17:38:19  
Cerberus.Mystina said: »
Converting actually can become a problem sometimes, because you're stuck with the issue of how to refill that HP... if carbuncle or leviathan are not out you're bascily going to have to fill that bathtub with a cup. and the Last thing you want is a mob running for you and giving it easy access with 1-200 hp left in which you are also adding to your enimity (though very little) with the constant curing, which is also draining the MP you just got. Use with Caution. Convert hurts.

I'm aware, hence why I said it's not worth it. If you're going purely for what gets the most MP, RDM does. You can also carry around potions or something too, they're not that expensive.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-09-27 17:38:25  
/SCH really shines above RDMs convert when you can make use of alacrity aspir with dark arts, depending on mob/resists I can get back up to 130~MP back per aspir, so I get a free BP basically :3

I once did a manifestation aspir as smn/sch in campaign and got back like 900MP in one go, I lol'd.
 Bismarck.Soranika
By Bismarck.Soranika 2011-09-27 17:58:57  
/SCH really shines above RDMs convert when you can make use of alacrity aspir with dark arts, depending on mob/resists I can get back up to 130~MP back per aspir, so I get a free BP basically :3

I once did a manifestation aspir as smn/sch in campaign and got back like 900MP in one go, I lol'd.
Really now? I want to give that a try. It would be useful against mega bosses right?

@Josiahkf
Probably shouldn't bother then. In most cases now when I'm expecting to melee, I use Hvergelmir. If situation permits, I build TP with Hvergelmir before doing an event that might be exhaustive on MP and just switch staves once Myrkr is used. Elemental Siphon after that point. This is strickly outside of abyssea of course.
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2011-09-27 17:59:24  
no one has mentioned schs storm spells. That additional -perp you can get off of that is very useful