Have I Missed Something?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Have I missed something?
Have I missed something?
 Siren.Kunimatsu
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-09-27 18:03:17  
Siren.Screamingbabies said: »
no one has mentioned schs storm spells. That additional -perp you can get off of that is very useful

Yeah, and also sandstorm+Desert boots for +12% move speed for 3minutes if you don't have tatsumaki sitagoromo or heralds gaiters.

Bismarck.Soranika said: »
Siren.Kunimatsu said: »
/SCH really shines above RDMs convert when you can make use of alacrity aspir with dark arts, depending on mob/resists I can get back up to 130~MP back per aspir, so I get a free BP basically :3

I once did a manifestation aspir as smn/sch in campaign and got back like 900MP in one go, I lol'd.
Really now? I want to give that a try. It would be useful against mega bosses right?

Not sure if you mean mega bosses in aby or somewhere else, but if they have MP then they should be aspirable, and dark arts should give you enough dark magic skill to not resist on most stuff, but I also use pluto's staff in my aspir macro for the extra boost.
 Bismarck.Soranika
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Soranika
By Bismarck.Soranika 2011-09-27 18:09:43  
no one has mentioned schs storm spells. That additional -perp you can get off of that is very useful
Storm spells don't effect avatar perpetuation cost directly. Only if you have equipment like summoner's horn. I'm not sure if it work caller's bracers and caller's pendant but it's generally possible to wipe the cost of avatars with just the +2 set down to 2 perp cost and no perp cost on corresponding day/weather. Number might be a little fuzzy though since I also use moonshade earring with refresh.
 Fenrir.Niniann
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-27 18:12:59  
Storm spells don't effect avatar perpetuation cost directly. Only if you have equipment like summoner's horn. I'm not sure if it work caller's bracers and caller's pendant but it's generally possible to wipe the cost of avatars with just the +2 set down to 2 perp cost and no perp cost on corresponding day/weather. Number might be a little fuzzy though since I also use moonshade earring with refresh.

Weather's not *that* helpful. I know at 90 I was getting either 4~5/tic refresh without weather and only a -3 perp staff. With weather you might be able to eek out another tic of refresh, but there's only so much you can do to swap your perp gear around for refresh gear to maximize benefiting from the 1/2 perp cost given by AF3 hands. I haven't bothered working stuff out for 95, mostly because I haven't bothered to ding 95. :x
 Cerberus.Mystina
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Lede
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-09-27 18:14:09  

You really don't need them, with the current gear i have every single avatar is already free and getting refresh ticks with them out. even with just a bahamut's staff, also, there is no updated, good gear that you will wear that will warent that aside caller's pendant.

Right now, my primary use for weather spells is to negate the dark weather from gimping my cures inside places like WOE and dynamis (before you ask i mean /sch sub in general, like on whm)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Mystina
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-09-27 18:17:17  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
so if there is double dark weather and you cast rainstorm, it overpowers the weather? hmmm

Yes, to the best of my knowledge it does, when i use weather spells, i don't get any gimped cures. i have no way of comfirming if it negates a double weather but i am fairly sure it does stop it, since it just surrounds you with it's own weather.

Another way of looking at it is this game does no have the possibly of "mixed' double weather, so you can't have dark+wind weather at the same time, i suppose you can use that as evidence.
 Bismarck.Soranika
By Bismarck.Soranika 2011-09-27 18:29:55  
Fenrir.Niniann said: »
Weather's not *that* helpful. I know at 90 I was getting either 4~5/tic refresh without weather and only a -3 perp staff. With weather you might be able to eek out another tic of refresh, but there's only so much you can do to swap your perp gear around for refresh gear to maximize benefiting from the 1/2 perp cost given by AF3 hands. I haven't bothered working stuff out for 95, mostly because I haven't bothered to ding 95. :x
Can't tell you if the perp cost has increased over the 5 levels since I barely pay attention to my MP anymore, but yeah, you're right about that.
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-09-27 18:36:20  
Perp cost went up to 15 for main avatars at 91. Not sure about others yet.
 Cerberus.Mystina
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-09-27 18:36:36  
Can't tell you if the perp cost has increased over the 5 levels since I barely pay attention to my MP anymore, but yeah, you're right about that.

actually no, it hasn't when the 80 cap came out prep cost did increase and SMN whined like no tommoro about it, so SE reversed it and it's exactly the same as if we were still 75. at least from what i saw, i don't really pay attention to the MP ticks that closely either but my ticks have not changed since 80 so i don't think they raised it further, we got to much crap drinking out MP pool anyway so defaintly didn't need more prep cost on top of that.
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-09-27 18:40:16  
Cerberus.Mystina said: »

actually no, it hasn't when the 80 cap came out prep cost did increase and SMN whined like no tommoro about it, so SE reversed it and it's exactly the same as if we were still 75. at least from what i saw, i don't really pay attention to the MP ticks that closely either but my ticks have not changed since 80 so i don't think they raised it further, we got to much crap drinking out MP pool anyway so defaintly didn't need more prep cost on top of that.
Where is this coming from? Perp cost most definitely went up at 81 and it has again at 91. Tested personally myself.
 Cerberus.Mystina
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-09-27 18:42:20  
Cerberus.Quipto said: »
Cerberus.Mystina said: »

Where is this coming from? Perp cost most definitely went up at 81 and it has again at 91. Tested personally myself.

Well there goes that, But that was 80 i never checked again after that so that's my fault. i guess i just never noticed it with the massive - prep cost gear SMN has now as well as a 2 tick refresh head peice. still tho, not like it matters. i guess they just took it out for the 80 cap.
 Bismarck.Soranika
By Bismarck.Soranika 2011-09-27 18:46:23  
I'll go naked whenever I get the drive to get back on FFXI and find out myself, taking Auto-Refresh II in account.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-09-27 18:52:08  
I remember it was around the 80 cap, they increased perp by 2 I think and everyone flipped a ***, so they reduced it to the way it was and made it a +1 increase later on lol.
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-09-27 22:05:20  
Basically why they're laughing at you: Your WHM has +2 gear
All due respect but does +2 gear really mean anything these days? I have +2 gear for my lvl 30 mnk and my nin that mainhands a kamome and offhands... nothing.
[+]
 Asura.Zatana
サーバ: Asura
user: Zatana
By Asura.Zatana 2011-09-27 22:36:42  
I'm not sure if it [weather] work caller's bracers and caller's pendant...

Weather from storm spells does trigger the effect on the Caller's Pendant, but the effect on Caller's Bracers is day related, not weather.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-09-27 22:41:13  
Asura.Zatana said: »
I'm not sure if it [weather] work caller's bracers and caller's pendant...

Weather from storm spells does trigger the effect on the Caller's Pendant, but the effect on Caller's Bracers is day related, not weather.

Caller's bracers +2 is affected by weather, the +1 is day only.
 Asura.Zatana
user: Zatana
By Asura.Zatana 2011-09-27 23:15:31  
Huh. Totally missed that, now I have a reason to +2 that, kind of. It should work with storm spells as well, I would imagine.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-27 23:35:49  
Bismarck.Altar said: »
All due respect but does +2 gear really mean anything these days? I have +2 gear for my lvl 30 mnk and my nin that mainhands a kamome and offhands... nothing.

No, but they use the job for events soooo.... yes, they should have a Surya's or even a Tefnut wand. It's not hard to do, and it's a significant upgrade to the job. :x
By Markas83 2011-09-27 23:53:21  
this thread is still going?
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-27 23:54:08  
Markas83 said: »
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-27 23:55:58  
Bismarck.Altar said: »

No, but they use the job for events soooo.... yes, they should have a Surya's or even a Tefnut wand. It's not hard to do, and it's a significant upgrade to the job. :x
I never heal on my WHM. That's for losers.
 Bismarck.Markas
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2011-09-28 00:03:59  
Markas83 said: »

meh, its been like that for at least a month, was time for something newish
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-28 00:14:29  
Bismarck.Markas said: »

:< Oh well, the new one is cute.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-09-28 00:25:44  
Bismarck.Markas said: »

:< Oh well, the new one is cute.

Looks like a trap..
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-09-28 00:29:23  
Bahamut.Serj said: »
Looks like a trap..
It's a work out video >:
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-09-28 00:32:29  
Asura.Ludoggy said: »
It's a work out video >:

A work out for....

...and still a trap.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-28 01:02:29  
A work out for....

...and still a trap.

Who says I don't find traps sexually appealing? :o

They have the best of both worlds!
By Artemicion 2011-09-28 01:11:43  
I like how "It's a trap" is such a common rebuttal, but seriously; how common could transsexuals/hermaphrodites be?
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-09-28 01:11:47  
A work out for....

...and still a trap.

Who says I don't find traps sexually appealing? :o

They have the best of both worlds!

>___________<