/SCH really shines above RDMs convert when you can make use of alacrity aspir with dark arts, depending on mob/resists I can get back up to 130~MP back per aspir, so I get a free BP basically :3
I once did a manifestation aspir as smn/sch in campaign and got back like 900MP in one go, I lol'd.
Really now? I want to give that a try. It would be useful against mega bosses right?
Not sure if you mean mega bosses in aby or somewhere else, but if they have MP then they should be aspirable, and dark arts should give you enough dark magic skill to not resist on most stuff, but I also use pluto's staff in my aspir macro for the extra boost.
no one has mentioned schs storm spells. That additional -perp you can get off of that is very useful
Storm spells don't effect avatar perpetuation cost directly. Only if you have equipment like summoner's horn. I'm not sure if it work caller's bracers and caller's pendant but it's generally possible to wipe the cost of avatars with just the +2 set down to 2 perp cost and no perp cost on corresponding day/weather. Number might be a little fuzzy though since I also use moonshade earring with refresh.
no one has mentioned schs storm spells. That additional -perp you can get off of that is very useful
Storm spells don't effect avatar perpetuation cost directly. Only if you have equipment like summoner's horn. I'm not sure if it work caller's bracers and caller's pendant but it's generally possible to wipe the cost of avatars with just the +2 set down to 2 perp cost and no perp cost on corresponding day/weather. Number might be a little fuzzy though since I also use moonshade earring with refresh.
Weather's not *that* helpful. I know at 90 I was getting either 4~5/tic refresh without weather and only a -3 perp staff. With weather you might be able to eek out another tic of refresh, but there's only so much you can do to swap your perp gear around for refresh gear to maximize benefiting from the 1/2 perp cost given by AF3 hands. I haven't bothered working stuff out for 95, mostly because I haven't bothered to ding 95. :x
no one has mentioned schs storm spells. That additional -perp you can get off of that is very useful
You really don't need them, with the current gear i have every single avatar is already free and getting refresh ticks with them out. even with just a bahamut's staff, also, there is no updated, good gear that you will wear that will warent that aside caller's pendant.
Right now, my primary use for weather spells is to negate the dark weather from gimping my cures inside places like WOE and dynamis (before you ask i mean /sch sub in general, like on whm)
so if there is double dark weather and you cast rainstorm, it overpowers the weather? hmmm
Yes, to the best of my knowledge it does, when i use weather spells, i don't get any gimped cures. i have no way of comfirming if it negates a double weather but i am fairly sure it does stop it, since it just surrounds you with it's own weather.
Another way of looking at it is this game does no have the possibly of "mixed' double weather, so you can't have dark+wind weather at the same time, i suppose you can use that as evidence.
Weather's not *that* helpful. I know at 90 I was getting either 4~5/tic refresh without weather and only a -3 perp staff. With weather you might be able to eek out another tic of refresh, but there's only so much you can do to swap your perp gear around for refresh gear to maximize benefiting from the 1/2 perp cost given by AF3 hands. I haven't bothered working stuff out for 95, mostly because I haven't bothered to ding 95. :x
Can't tell you if the perp cost has increased over the 5 levels since I barely pay attention to my MP anymore, but yeah, you're right about that.
Weather's not *that* helpful. I know at 90 I was getting either 4~5/tic refresh without weather and only a -3 perp staff. With weather you might be able to eek out another tic of refresh, but there's only so much you can do to swap your perp gear around for refresh gear to maximize benefiting from the 1/2 perp cost given by AF3 hands. I haven't bothered working stuff out for 95, mostly because I haven't bothered to ding 95. :x
Can't tell you if the perp cost has increased over the 5 levels since I barely pay attention to my MP anymore, but yeah, you're right about that.
actually no, it hasn't when the 80 cap came out prep cost did increase and SMN whined like no tommoro about it, so SE reversed it and it's exactly the same as if we were still 75. at least from what i saw, i don't really pay attention to the MP ticks that closely either but my ticks have not changed since 80 so i don't think they raised it further, we got to much crap drinking out MP pool anyway so defaintly didn't need more prep cost on top of that.
Weather's not *that* helpful. I know at 90 I was getting either 4~5/tic refresh without weather and only a -3 perp staff. With weather you might be able to eek out another tic of refresh, but there's only so much you can do to swap your perp gear around for refresh gear to maximize benefiting from the 1/2 perp cost given by AF3 hands. I haven't bothered working stuff out for 95, mostly because I haven't bothered to ding 95. :x
Can't tell you if the perp cost has increased over the 5 levels since I barely pay attention to my MP anymore, but yeah, you're right about that.
actually no, it hasn't when the 80 cap came out prep cost did increase and SMN whined like no tommoro about it, so SE reversed it and it's exactly the same as if we were still 75. at least from what i saw, i don't really pay attention to the MP ticks that closely either but my ticks have not changed since 80 so i don't think they raised it further, we got to much crap drinking out MP pool anyway so defaintly didn't need more prep cost on top of that.
Where is this coming from? Perp cost most definitely went up at 81 and it has again at 91. Tested personally myself.
Weather's not *that* helpful. I know at 90 I was getting either 4~5/tic refresh without weather and only a -3 perp staff. With weather you might be able to eek out another tic of refresh, but there's only so much you can do to swap your perp gear around for refresh gear to maximize benefiting from the 1/2 perp cost given by AF3 hands. I haven't bothered working stuff out for 95, mostly because I haven't bothered to ding 95. :x
Can't tell you if the perp cost has increased over the 5 levels since I barely pay attention to my MP anymore, but yeah, you're right about that.
actually no, it hasn't when the 80 cap came out prep cost did increase and SMN whined like no tommoro about it, so SE reversed it and it's exactly the same as if we were still 75. at least from what i saw, i don't really pay attention to the MP ticks that closely either but my ticks have not changed since 80 so i don't think they raised it further, we got to much crap drinking out MP pool anyway so defaintly didn't need more prep cost on top of that.
Where is this coming from? Perp cost most definitely went up at 81 and it has again at 91. Tested personally myself.
Well there goes that, But that was 80 i never checked again after that so that's my fault. i guess i just never noticed it with the massive - prep cost gear SMN has now as well as a 2 tick refresh head peice. still tho, not like it matters. i guess they just took it out for the 80 cap.
I remember it was around the 80 cap, they increased perp by 2 I think and everyone flipped a ***, so they reduced it to the way it was and made it a +1 increase later on lol.
Basically why they're laughing at you: Your WHM has +2 gear
All due respect but does +2 gear really mean anything these days? I have +2 gear for my lvl 30 mnk and my nin that mainhands a kamome and offhands... nothing.
All due respect but does +2 gear really mean anything these days? I have +2 gear for my lvl 30 mnk and my nin that mainhands a kamome and offhands... nothing.
No, but they use the job for events soooo.... yes, they should have a Surya's or even a Tefnut wand. It's not hard to do, and it's a significant upgrade to the job. :x
All due respect but does +2 gear really mean anything these days? I have +2 gear for my lvl 30 mnk and my nin that mainhands a kamome and offhands... nothing.
No, but they use the job for events soooo.... yes, they should have a Surya's or even a Tefnut wand. It's not hard to do, and it's a significant upgrade to the job. :x
My main job has been SMN for years, being my only level 75 job well before the level cap had increased so I would like to think I got a decent grip on how to handle the job as to what people expect and then what I can do within the limits that I can enjoy. This applies to gear too, so why am I seeing all these new (I guess new lol) SMN wearing MAB and INT gear? I could almost understand if they were brewing in abyssea but... SMN don't brew and don't need to and I see this gear most frequently outside of abyssea in other stuff, like WoE.
Seriously have I missed something cause I see it and it makes me pretty embarrassed to see as a main SMN.