フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » double weak
double weak
First Page 2
 Siren.Froggis
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2011-10-04 22:11:51  
Can we please relentlessly petition that they change this for RNG? With VW it is terribly absurd and unfair. </rant>
[+]
 Ragnarok.Matix
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2011-10-04 22:31:07  
have no problems staying alive with my relic bow :3
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-10-04 22:38:07  
What's different about Rangers being double weak? I don't really understand - I thought it's the same for everyone.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-04 22:40:21  
slow doesn't affect ranged attacks
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2011-10-04 22:41:47  
According to wiki theres a severe RACC/RATT penalty sorta like the MAB/MACC penalty we're more familiar with.
 Ramuh.Austar
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-04 22:42:39  
i dunno if the op is for rng or against rng though, so whatever.
 Ragnarok.Matix
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2011-10-04 22:49:14  
double weak means you will miss the 95% of the time,and you will hit for 0 damage the other 5%, single weakened, (not a problem at all for rng's :3) is simply low hp. try staying alive until you are at-least unweakened again, and you can sorta use that to your advantage as a hate reset
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-10-04 22:50:47  
-insert Burning Rangers song-

why would they change it for Rng? could try not getting killed, or even hide on a corner and go afk for 5 mins like a lot of people do after getting mass killed, or even do -emn merits? idk lol
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-10-04 22:58:39  
sounds like someone needs to learn how to play ranger
[+]
By AsuraVanzan 2011-10-04 23:15:52  
Do away with the weak penalty for all jobs. It's stupid. Give us phoenix downs. I never understood the weakness penalty after death. What purpose does it serve really? Only thing I can figure is a real good way to piss people off and give them a reason to moan and complain.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-10-04 23:17:17  
Taking away double weakened effect on ranged attacks would be like removing the slow effect for melees. Nope.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-10-04 23:57:19  
Phoenix.Kirana said: »
Taking away double weakened effect on ranged attacks would be like removing the slow effect for melees. Nope.

how? you can get haste and marches to counter the slow, and still dish out dmg. double weak on rng makes you useless
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-10-05 00:02:46  
AsuraVanzan said: »
Do away with the weak penalty for all jobs. It's stupid. Give us phoenix downs. I never understood the weakness penalty after death. What purpose does it serve really? Only thing I can figure is a real good way to piss people off and give them a reason to moan and complain.
I don't really mind the penalty. It gives you a reason to plan well and fear death. I think double weak is a bit harsh though. Perhaps a weakness modifier but zeroing out damage kinda sucks.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-10-05 00:04:20  
double weak is a choice, and shouldnt (and wont) go unpunished. I see this thread becoming very amusing.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-10-05 00:38:29  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

how? you can get haste and marches to counter the slow, and still dish out dmg. double weak on rng makes you useless

Melees suffer from the slow penalty with only single weakness. Rng is completely unaffected by single weakness. Making them completely unaffected by all levels of weakness is silly.

The reason it is there is so that there is SOME form of penalty for death. Melees have slow+100%, Rngs have double weakness.
 Leviathan.Dodu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-05 00:40:44  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Yeah, no. A weakened melee can choose to reenter AoE range to drop a WS when Meditate allows for it, but they're ultimately hurting themselves by engaging with 400 HP.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-10-05 01:36:05  
BLU does weakened fighting the best :)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Dodu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-05 01:38:13  
As long as they're not weakened fighting things that have Black Cloud? ;)
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-10-05 01:53:22  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
BLU does weakened fighting the best :)
how could you say that

Just one of the many things blu does best of course. Maybe a smn is on our level but just barely!
 Ragnarok.Amador
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-10-05 01:57:09  
This is a possibility, but you're posting on the wrong forum to try to accomplish this. FF Devs don't really bother checking other forums other than the official forums now. Which is why they created them.

Anything posted here as far as a petition, idea, or revamp is a waste of time.

visit: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/forum.php

Make a thread regarding your ideas on how to improvise and revise the the weakness aspect of the game. I too feel that weakness is due for an update, 5 mins is a bit redundant especially in the new 30min battlefields where death is fairly common. Double Weakness is just down right ridiculous especially for RNG.
 Siren.Froggis
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2011-10-05 02:08:26  
Not sure how many of you have done t2 Jeuno VW, but there are mobs that have add effects on ws that STAY THROUGH DEATH. So the burn effect (maybe 30/tic) from Hadal Summons (corse t2) will find itself on you again after you get up. No, it is not an aura since it was on the other side of the room when I got up. So if you don't have a vicar's or a whm (/whm) ready to erase you, you die again (also why it doesn't seem like an aura, since once a whm removes, it doesn't go back on even in range). Tada, rng made useless from 1 death. Other jobs (except magic dmg) can continue to deal dmg since they only suffer from slow (which with gimp hp and AoEs you're meditating for tp anyway).

In a 30 minute battle, double weakness cannot be justified on rng or magic dmg really. That's mainly what I was getting at. For certain VW mobs, rng is almost a must, but if your rng(s) are double weak, wtf can you do.

Was just ranting. Thought others might agree that at this point in the game, double weak on rng is a significant hindrance to which melee DDs have no equivalent. (Yes, I'm saying slow+100% is not even close to doing 0 dmg).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Amador
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-10-05 02:19:57  
A lot of people even to this date, have not participated in Voidwatch.

Your points are valid and well founded. I skimmed a bit here and there about some people saying it's deserved if you choose to risk it. However, as Froggis stated some of these NMs, especially new NMs don't give you that choice.

This really is a thread that would go better on the offical forums Froggis.
 Ramuh.Deijixfx
user: Deijixfx
By Ramuh.Deijixfx 2011-10-05 02:32:16  
You'll never get SE to do away with double weakness, the point of it is to stop people from just zombieing ***and rr'ing. If you remember the blm nerf they threw at us some years ago cos blms didnt suffer a weakness penalty for mab/macc.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2011-10-06 02:59:37  
Personally I think it's pretty silly for things like WoE. While I find staying alive to be much easier on Cor or Rng, if I do die I am absolutely useless for 5 minutes. On the other hand I can run in and Fudo every meditate timer, with Sekka twice a meditate timer, and no matter how many times I die my Fudo's will still hit hard.
 Siren.Seiri
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-06 04:39:14  
Honestly how hard is it to use strategy and watch your hate enough to avoid double weak? Not very.

If you are foolish/unlucky enough to die twice in a row, either you or someone in your group has *** up royally, and the penalty is deserved. That or you're trying to zombie.
[+]
 Phoenix.Pooman
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-10-06 04:48:11  
Siren.Froggis said: »
Not sure how many of you have done t2 Jeuno VW, but there are mobs that have add effects on ws that STAY THROUGH DEATH. So the burn effect (maybe 30/tic) from Hadal Summons (corse t2) will find itself on you again after you get up. No, it is not an aura since it was on the other side of the room when I got up. So if you don't have a vicar's or a whm (/whm) ready to erase you, you die again (also why it doesn't seem like an aura, since once a whm removes, it doesn't go back on even in range). Tada, rng made useless from 1 death. Other jobs (except magic dmg) can continue to deal dmg since they only suffer from slow (which with gimp hp and AoEs you're meditating for tp anyway).

In a 30 minute battle, double weakness cannot be justified on rng or magic dmg really. That's mainly what I was getting at. For certain VW mobs, rng is almost a must, but if your rng(s) are double weak, wtf can you do.

Was just ranting. Thought others might agree that at this point in the game, double weak on rng is a significant hindrance to which melee DDs have no equivalent. (Yes, I'm saying slow+100% is not even close to doing 0 dmg).

I haven't done this VWNM yet, but this is where the magic of communication comes in handy. If you die, simply tell someone with erase to deal with it as soon as you accept the raise. You don't need to change how the game works for this. There are other ways around it.
[+]
First Page 2