5-hit

Eorzea Time
 
 
 
言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » 5-hit
5-hit
First Page 2
 Carbuncle.Huttburt
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: huttburt
Posts: 100
By Carbuncle.Huttburt 2011-10-07 00:21:14  
Is it viable to 5-hit with max haste with a Vougier's contus? (492 delay)

I'm completely new to 2hand jobs and I'm kinda in the dark. Someone helped me work out that I'd need 39 STP in the TP phase (/sam with +2 body, Rajas and Brutal in WS)

But yeah...

I mean I don't mind settling for a six hit with max haste if that's more viable, but if there's a better alternative I'd like to at least pursue it.

Regardless, do you guys have any tips on the optimal set for that delay? Is it worth me changing to a different weapon?

Any advice in general for what I should be shooting for would be superb!

Thanks ahead :)
 Sylph.Biginallways
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Biggie87
Posts: 163
By Sylph.Biginallways 2011-10-07 00:25:23  
There aren't many situations where a 6hit will beat a 5 and with all the post-75 store tp gear, it's really not hard to 5-hit most 2handed weapons and keep haste capped. I have a 5hit with bravura without moonshade earring and it has 488 delay.
 Carbuncle.Huttburt
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: huttburt
Posts: 100
By Carbuncle.Huttburt 2011-10-07 00:27:00  
I was finding it pretty difficult when I was making an item set, but like I said I'm pretty new to 2h, so I might be completely overlooking certain gear or something. Thanks for the reply anyway.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Offline
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
Posts: 11680
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-07 00:36:41  
Sylph.Biginallways said: »
There aren't many situations where a 6hit will beat a 5 and with all the post-75 store tp gear, it's really not hard to 5-hit most 2handed weapons and keep haste capped. I have a 5hit with bravura without moonshade earring and it has 488 delay.
You'd be surprised, a lot of the time 5-hits are even or only slightly ahead of 6-hits for most 2handed weapons on the lower end of their job's delay range. 6-hits will also have greater flexibility for situations where acc may be an issue.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Huttburt
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: huttburt
Posts: 100
By Carbuncle.Huttburt 2011-10-07 00:40:21  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Sylph.Biginallways said: »
There aren't many situations where a 6hit will beat a 5 and with all the post-75 store tp gear, it's really not hard to 5-hit most 2handed weapons and keep haste capped. I have a 5hit with bravura without moonshade earring and it has 488 delay.
You'd be surprised, a lot of the time 5-hits are even or only slightly ahead of 6-hits for most 2handed weapons on the lower end of their job's delay range. 6-hits will also have greater flexibility for situations where acc may be an issue.

That's kinda what I was thinking when trying to make a 5hit build. It was like if I wanted it, I'd essentially have very few pieces with positive DD stats on them.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Offline
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Thoraeon
Posts: 2215
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-10-07 00:43:13  
I use this. As long as I hit with at least one of the extra hits on Drakesbane, it is a 5-hit. (Fairly high odds.)

TP


WS
[+]
 Carbuncle.Huttburt
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: huttburt
Posts: 100
By Carbuncle.Huttburt 2011-10-07 00:45:51  
I saw the Tactical Mantle, I was wondering if it would be worth it or not. Thanks for the ideas :)
 Siren.Thoraeon
Offline
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Thoraeon
Posts: 2215
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-10-07 00:46:42  
Carbuncle.Huttburt said: »
I saw the Tactical Mantle, I was wondering if it would be worth it or not. Thanks for the ideas :)
Neccessary evil imo.
 Carbuncle.Huttburt
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: huttburt
Posts: 100
By Carbuncle.Huttburt 2011-10-07 00:47:53  
yeah, if it'll allow a 5hit with capped haste, I'm sure the payoff is worth it in the end.

Like I said, kinda new to 2 handers, I've read it up extensively on Wiki, but I don't know if there's been parses or w/e.
 Odin.Sheelay
Offline
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Sheelay
Posts: 2815
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-07 01:06:31  
I'd make sure to check on what you are giving up to obtain a 5-hit before saying it will give better results. Just take tactical mantle Vs Atheling as an example.

On a side note, I believe it's not too hard to achieve 3 or more haste augmented bestia breeches from Dominion OP npc. That alone would be quite an upgrade from Ace's hose, especially if you plan on using DRG for content outside of Abyssea, where Acc may matter.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Offline
サーバ: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Raelia
Posts: 1707
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-10-07 01:12:55  
You can get 4% haste on Bestia Breeches, but it will induce so much rage trading that many trophies. Best of 30 trades for me was Haste+2 Pet: Acc+5
 Carbuncle.Huttburt
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: huttburt
Posts: 100
By Carbuncle.Huttburt 2011-10-07 01:17:07  
For any DRGs who are browsing too, what sets do you have?

I was thinking on

TP, WS, Jump, DT and MDT sets?

Is it worth working on a PDT set for it?
 Odin.Sheelay
Offline
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Sheelay
Posts: 2815
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-07 01:17:08  
A friend of mine got it 1/1 and I got a 3% haste one in 5 tries. Random luck, I know, but might as well try when you don't have any other particular use for the Trophies. A 3% Haste Bestia still beats Ace's

@ OP, I think someone made a topic about DRG Jumps before the last update. It could be worth checking
 Siren.Thoraeon
Offline
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Thoraeon
Posts: 2215
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-10-07 01:18:46  
Odin.Sheelay said: »
A friend of mine got it 1/1 and I got a 3% haste one in 5 tries. Random luck, I know, but might as well try when you don't have any other particular use for the Trophies. A 3% Haste Bestia still beats Ace's

@ OP, I think someone made a topic about DRG Jumps before the last update. It could be worth checking
Haste +4% or gtfo
 Bahamut.Serj
Offline
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Serj
Posts: 6176
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-10-07 01:23:38  
Diabolos.Raelia said: »
You can get 4% haste on Bestia Breeches, but it will induce so much rage trading that many trophies. Best of 30 trades for me was Haste+2 Pet: Acc+5

30 trades? I've done like, 400 trying for good Bellicus legs. Don't think I'll rage until I hit 1k+ honestly =)
 Odin.Sheelay
Offline
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Sheelay
Posts: 2815
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-07 01:33:47  
Hmm, actually, checking at the newest gear, this item alone may give DRG a greater reason for sticking with a 6 Hit, just because it makes it harder to gather enough Stp but still grants a huge bonus:



As for jumps, unless I missed something, I think this would be the most suitable gear for it:


 Siren.Thoraeon
Offline
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Thoraeon
Posts: 2215
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-10-07 01:41:05  
Odin.Sheelay said: »
Hmm, actually, checking at the newest gear, this item alone may give DRG a greater reason for sticking with a 6 Hit, just because it makes it harder to gather enough Stp but still grants a huge bonus:


I know I like to gimp myself for a wyvern that does less than a tenth of my total damage.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Offline
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Sheelay
Posts: 2815
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-07 01:45:23  
Siren.Thoraeon said: »
Odin.Sheelay said: »
Hmm, actually, checking at the newest gear, this item alone may give DRG a greater reason for sticking with a 6 Hit, just because it makes it harder to gather enough Stp but still grants a huge bonus:


I know I like to gimp myself for a wyvern that does less than a tenth of my total damage.

Even outside Abyssea? I've seen wyverns outparse DDs back when Acc mattered. I don't know how well a wyvern would handle on the new content but hey, just trying to be constructive or bring in ideas.
Think you can do that?
 Odin.Eikechi
Offline
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
Posts: 9265
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-10-07 01:50:19  
do spirit and soul jump have mods? I thought they didn't, and aren't those the only jumps that really matter anymore? (barring the AF3 pieces that enhance said jumps)
 Odin.Sheelay
Offline
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Sheelay
Posts: 2815
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-07 02:05:34  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
do spirit and soul jump have mods? I thought they didn't, and aren't those the only jumps that really matter anymore? (barring the AF3 pieces that enhance said jumps)

I think most people gear for Soul Jump and Spirit Jump trying to keep the same Mods as the old jumps. Now that you asked though, I can't seem to find anywhere that says they are affected by gear other than AF3 legs and feet.. back to the drawing board?
 Odin.Eikechi
Offline
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
Posts: 9265
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-10-07 02:08:28  
see, thats what i thought... lol
 Odin.Sheelay
Offline
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Sheelay
Posts: 2815
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-07 02:14:42  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
see, thats what i thought... lol

I wonder if DRGs even tested if there were any mods lol.
That would mean DRG can basically wear full AF3 and focus the rest on Crit dmg/QA/TA/DA gear, probably something like this (provided you have the MP merits for Oneiros):

 Odin.Eikechi
Offline
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
Posts: 9265
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-10-07 02:15:07  
I don't think they have mods because they are so broken as it is... instant crit with wyvern out and MASSIVE tp...if they got any stronger they would be very unbalanced, i think
 Odin.Sheelay
Offline
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Sheelay
Posts: 2815
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-07 02:16:31  
As long as Wyvern didn't hit the floor because whatever mob the DRG is fighting happened to sneeze in his general direction lol
 Siren.Thoraeon
Offline
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Thoraeon
Posts: 2215
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-10-07 02:16:52  
Odin.Sheelay said: »
Siren.Thoraeon said: »
Odin.Sheelay said: »
Hmm, actually, checking at the newest gear, this item alone may give DRG a greater reason for sticking with a 6 Hit, just because it makes it harder to gather enough Stp but still grants a huge bonus:


I know I like to gimp myself for a wyvern that does less than a tenth of my total damage.

Even outside Abyssea? I've seen wyverns outparse DDs back when Acc mattered. I don't know how well a wyvern would handle on the new content but hey, just trying to be constructive or bring in ideas.
Think you can do that?
I have parsed Dynamis-Xarc (old-school) I did ~20% total damage, and my wyvern did ~2%. DRG =/= BST Our pet damage is generally not as significant as our own. If a wyvern is out damaging a DD, it is not the wyvern's damage that you need to boost.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Offline
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
Posts: 9265
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-10-07 02:18:56  
new wyvern JT is like DT-40% though Shee, and that new wing move can give wyvern a massive SS-like shield
 Odin.Sheelay
Offline
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Sheelay
Posts: 2815
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-07 02:24:36  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
new wyvern JT is like DT-40% though Shee, and that new wing move can give wyvern a massive SS-like shield

Yeah, it was about time they made wyverns a bit more durable.
Offline
Posts: 23
By Atis 2011-10-07 05:07:58  
I have both a 6hit and a 5hit set with haste cap, but is it really worth it losing that much of DA, atk, acc and 7skills considering you'll be flooding tp with jumps anyway? This is what I have currently:
5hit:

and 6hit:
 Asura.Bartimaeus
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 10381
By Asura.Bartimaeus 2011-10-07 05:13:25  
Bahamut.Serj said: »
Diabolos.Raelia said: »
You can get 4% haste on Bestia Breeches, but it will induce so much rage trading that many trophies. Best of 30 trades for me was Haste+2 Pet: Acc+5

30 trades? I've done like, 400 trying for good Bellicus legs. Don't think I'll rage until I hit 1k+ honestly =)

Over 300 on bestia, I stopped trying. IAINEVENMAD~


Odin.Eikechi said: »
new wyvern JT is like DT-40% though Shee, and that new wing move can give wyvern a massive SS-like shield

The -dt and steady wing has made a significant difference to me. Goddamn AOE's always sniping my wyvern. xD
 Carbuncle.Huttburt
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: huttburt
Posts: 100
By Carbuncle.Huttburt 2011-10-07 05:19:41  
I'm currently heading more toward a six hit, mainly because I don't have a Rose Strap and I don't know if I'm willing to grind the hell out of campaign for an item that will probably be obsoleted pretty soon.

I know it's lazy, but I REALLY hate campaign.
[+]
First Page 2