Yoichi gear sets
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-11-14 18:52:42  
Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »
Cerberus.Taint said: »

I was playing around with different Pdif senarios and gorget/belt was always ahead with high buffs like PW. Vulcan's would be better but Alt/Wil are nice and free.

You should be using a dagger/axe whenever you are /war for obvious reasons.

@Ragnarok.Fasaga - Damage isn't why people use Namas.....
I thought about adding that you use namas only for the enmity - however, he is asking about damage and specificly references VW as an example. He also makes raises the question of apex, I was merely stating that if you want damage ref/side are better than apex/namas

Sidewinder does 1-2% more damage then Namas (99bow) but comes with an ACC penalty. (11% more with 95bow) Refulgent has to be used at 200%+ TP to be equal to a 100tp Namas. (you said 300tp use refulgent but anytime over 200ish it does more damage)
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2012-11-14 19:23:43  
Was more less giving him some general advice. It's amazing how many rng don't use ref, and I was just generalizing it to 100/300 from the use of wings
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-11-14 19:46:28  

That's what I use for for Namas Arrow currently, I average about 3-4k on Provenance Watcher as well, depending on buffs.

Usually on Odin2 I get about 2-2.5k on Namas Arrow. Most of the content I use RNG for atm is Odin2/Legion. So the fixed hate and the Ranged Accuracy Aftermath are both very welcome bonuses. And at 99, I will easily get more damage off 2 100% Namas Arrows than 1 200% Refulgent Arrow.

And usually if I end up w/ over 200% TP b/c I have to hold damage for w/e reason it's usually on something where the lower enmity might not be that bad of an option. I'd rather do a few 100 damage less than pull hate in Odin2 or Legion.
 Quetzalcoatl.Glecent
user: Glecent
By Quetzalcoatl.Glecent 2012-11-14 21:56:42  
Cerberus.Taint said: »
You should be using a dagger/axe whenever you are /war for obvious reasons.

What obvious reasons? TP Bonus does nothing for Namas Arrow and I only use Refulgent Arrow after popping a wing. The crit rate might be kind of nice but in most situations I take at most 2 shots between WSs so I'd rather have the attack from staff.
 Quetzalcoatl.Glecent
user: Glecent
By Quetzalcoatl.Glecent 2012-11-15 11:51:23  
Boredwithyou said: »
Ive used that set aswell. I sold the ire+1 bcuz of the -racc and the p.belt. Numbers were about the same for me 1.5k ish. But as i think of it, ive been using my nin atmas in vw and im always in the blm pt so no rolls. Id always done vw as nin but after finishing rng i get asked to come as rng. Can u let me know the atmas u use? I never fought prov so ive only got 2.

I use Slayer, Coercion, and Discipline. I need to swap out Discipline for Valiant.
 Asura.Wolfsoul
サーバ: Asura
user: Wolfsoul
By Asura.Wolfsoul 2012-11-28 03:53:01  
Hey wakmidget I was checking out your tp and ws gear sets for ranger and just wanted to ask:
are these sets assuming /Sam or /war or do these sets work for either subjobs? Also do you need to be 5/5 recycle merits to get a 5 hit build while wearing the scouts beret +2 in your tp build set? Thanks for the info!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-11-28 04:09:02  
Just to shoot a question in this thread, as it seems kind of fitting:
How does Apex compare to sidewinder\namas\ref? (If anybody have actual numbers)
 Asura.Kalasin
サーバ: Asura
user: liar
By Asura.Kalasin 2012-11-28 05:54:47  
Slightly better than Namas on most things, in Legion for example ~2600 Apex average compared to ~2400 Namas average. This is including every mob in Mul, and both WS were used at least once on every mob.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [59 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Paulu
サーバ: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-01-26 17:10:45  
I'm looking to keep my ranger up to date. Does anyone have any improvements for my Namas set? I don't play RNG too often so I feel like I may have overlooked something.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-01-26 18:24:28  
everything you have there is currently best in slot, aside the body for the obvious hexed-1 body, Tessera saio is perhaps better (definately better with velocity shot down, if you utilize a KC tp set or it gets dispelled and cant be put back up for abit) but with it up, I'm not sure, as I'm not really sure how much the AF3+2 boosts ranged attack through the velocity shot enhancement.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-01-26 23:50:03  
It seems to be an additional 5% ranged attack boost with velocity shot up so tessera won't even come close to beating sylvan. I'm completely unfamiliar with namas arrow sets in general, but because namas arrow is a single hit weapon skill, and there's no ftp transfer like with last stand, the elemental belt/gorget are probably not going to be the best choices. The new elanid belt looks nice (probably from new meebles), and you may want to do the math on ire torque +1 vs gorget.

Prosilio belt is something to consider as well.
 Bahamut.Wakabo
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2013-01-31 02:59:52  
Just to be clear /war rangers should always be main handing a dagger/axe correct? Seems some people are not getting this idea through their head and using lolvulcans staff.

At least I checked I was right on this.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-01-31 03:27:48  
Depends on hit build really, tp bonus does nothing for namas/coronach, so mekki shakki or some other STP weapon can be better potentially.
 Bahamut.Wakabo
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2013-01-31 03:28:53  
TP bonus no, but crit rate is why I always used it, as well as the 10str / 3% dmg from aluh.

Also if stp is needed then doing something wrong / could just use the stp4 axe and still gain crit rate
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-01-31 03:30:58  
Depends on STP needs, knocking off a hit will always be better than 5% crit rate for example, especially when your concern is dealing the most dmg for the least amount of enmity generally speaking. (coronach/namas need only apply) I don't really ever see a reason for vulcan's staff though obviously, only arguing for the potential case of mekki/rose. I'm just saying there are certainly situations where using staff/rose would be more beneficial, as it opens up a lot of gear options for accuracy and whatnot. I don't know about yoichi builds, but annihilator needs a lot of STP for /war 4hit.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're best off using mekki/rose for anything that you can cap accuracy on with. You need the majority of your slots filled with STP gear to even manage with staff/rose. Excluding regain of course, can build around that if you have it.
 Bahamut.Havelock
user: Havelock
By Bahamut.Havelock 2013-01-31 04:49:38  
I would like to see some recomendations for /WAR and /SAM x-hit builds for the bow, however im not sure if currently x-hit is so important if enywhere you take RNG you have embrava and regain roll on.
 Shiva.Kollosis
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2013-01-31 08:22:04  
Shiva.Paulu said: »
I'm looking to keep my ranger up to date. Does anyone have any improvements for my Namas set? I don't play RNG too often so I feel like I may have overlooked something.

You overlooked having a Ybow instead of Anni <3
By spryte 2013-02-01 08:53:41  
nice setups here, will use this thread as a reference for when I get my relic bow. Doing gun afterwards so I can have 2 good rng weapons. Cant wait t try out some of these sets.
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-02-01 08:54:58  
Is it sad that when I saw this topic name I thought it was for Sam's?
By spryte 2013-02-01 09:08:39  
Siren.Thoraeon said: »

nah that's normal lol. I'm gonna be using yochi for sam and rng but the general reaction i've been getting is "why rng?" lulz
[+]
By Aeyela 2013-02-01 09:37:14  
Bahamut.Wakabo said: »
Just to be clear /war rangers should always be main handing a dagger/axe correct? Seems some people are not getting this idea through their head and using lolvulcans staff.

At least I checked I was right on this.

You can't equip the Mandragora on your arm if you use a Staff... That's surely reason enough...
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-02-01 10:18:38  
Bahamut.Havelock said: »
I would like to see some recomendations for /WAR and /SAM x-hit builds for the bow, however im not sure if currently x-hit is so important if enywhere you take RNG you have embrava and regain roll on.
I was thinking about this too. I came up with this base set for a 5 hit with WAR sub.

Of course you can swap pieces the second you do get some regain but I like to plan out a "buffless" set as a baseline.
By Aeyela 2013-02-01 10:28:17  
You only need 33 Store TP for 5 hit, you have 39 there. You're also missing the Janus guard which is kind of essential to being the best /WAR RNG possible.
[+]
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-02-01 10:39:46  
That's not adding up right for me. I have 17.2 return on WS using rajas ring, axe, and chalmys. So I need at least 20.7 a hit. The set I posted is 20.9. That was as close to 20.7 I could get without going under.
By spryte 2013-02-01 10:40:22  
omg aeyela lol
By Aeyela 2013-02-01 10:40:40  
Ah, well I didn't consider weapon skill since you didn't post your WS set since I forgot you posted it. Still, my point about the Mandragora stands!
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2013-02-01 11:46:45  
Siren.Thoraeon said: »

Me too...me too. But since I'm already here, I might as well post my sets to see what I should be changing

Both assuming /war

TP:

Namas:
By Aeyela 2013-02-01 12:13:49  
The most important change you should make is dropping the staff for aluh jambiya. When using a one handed weapon you gain Fencer from /WAR sub but you won't gain it using a staff. If you need the 9 Store TP I recommend finding it in another slot or using carabinier's axe and someting else if you really can't find it anywhere else. Rancor Collar has all but been proved useless for Ranger so drop that for something more useful.

And of course, off hand you're looking at Janus guard when using a single handed weapon to augment the rest of your stats. Your weapon skill set looks pretty solid to me!
[+]
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2013-02-01 12:17:22  
I'd have to look into what STP I'd need exactly, but I was thinking I needed Mekki+Rose. Maybe switching belt to goading? Like I said, I'd need to look into it.

When was rancor proved useless for ranger? I haven't really been on the forums for two months so I missed that somewhere.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-01 12:18:44  
Or the superior version:

Mandraguard.

Janus looks cute with the orange, though.