New Greatsword WS
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Arkanethered
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-11-29 13:29:39  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Asura.Arkanethered said: »
Everyone whined so much about multi-hit critical /ws that every weapon now gets one!

problem?

Not at all, gloriousness for all!
 Shiva.Gib
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2011-11-29 13:29:52  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Shiva.Gib said: »
in all honesty I thought DRK was gonna become bandwagon with the Last Resort enhancement.
DRK will never be bandwagon in the way that WAR/SAM/MNK/NIN have been unless they fix the fundamental disparity between job and game design.

Also, DRK will never be bandwagon because it does less than 4k dmg on avarage inside abyssea.
yeah, everyone crys about DRK abyssea damage, like doing 3k Tors. Everyone forgets when you go outside you're STILL doing 3k Tors, and those Nins are doing 800 Blade Hi's :P

Oh yeah not to mention doing Crit Hit's for like 800-1200 Outside of abyssea with Aftermath on, I hate how quickly people disregard DRK <_<
[+]
 Fenrir.Kendraian
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Boondo15
By Fenrir.Kendraian 2011-11-29 13:31:34  
in all honesty I thought DRK was gonna become bandwagon with the Last Resort enhancement.
DRK will never be bandwagon in the way that WAR/SAM/MNK/NIN have been unless they fix the fundamental disparity between job and game design.

Also, DRK will never be bandwagon because it does less than 4k dmg on avarage inside abyssea.
yeah, everyone crys about DRK abyssea damage, like doing 3k Tors. Everyone forgets when you go outside you're STILL doing 3k Tors, and those Nins are doing 800 Blade Hi's :P

*oh yeah not to mention doing Crit Hit's for like 800-1200 Outside of abyssea with Aftermath on*
Love you for being the only person to not hump Blade: Hi T_T
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-11-29 13:35:01  
5...hit....Great Sword WS!?

Let's hope the Scythe WS is crittable and has a neutral damage effect >_> That would make Twilight Scythe an OP Non-Relic/Mythic/Empyrean Scythe!

Asura.Kaisuko said: »

And you can't forget you have to be an emo. :D
But...Emos are for noobs! Get those crybabies off my Batman-minus-no-kill-rule Job! D:<
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-29 13:35:46  

Oh yeah not to mention doing Crit Hit's for like 800-1200 Outside of abyssea with Aftermath on, I hate how quickly people disregard DRK <_<
I never said anything about Abyssea. My statement stands both inside and out.
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-11-29 13:39:51  
So. Assuming this is crit... What is the best TOM GS for it?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-29 13:42:04  
Without actually looking at stats, I'd guess OAT.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-29 13:42:08  
Still Caladbolg! xD

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2011-11-29 13:44:02  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Still Caladbolg! xD
Caladbolg with Double attack Build :D
 Fenrir.Kendraian
user: Boondo15
By Fenrir.Kendraian 2011-11-29 13:45:23  
Seems like DRK is making other DD's sweat bullets! Dnt screw up SE DRK has needed this!
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-29 13:45:26  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Phoenix.Urteil said: »
Ragnarok.Unctgtg said: »
Lol doubt it. I can just see the god awful ideas people come up for with macros.

Catastrophe looks like ***.

lolwut?

Slice looks like ***.

Catastrophe looks like ***.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-29 13:48:43  
lolwhut?
You bring less procs (barring MNK in Voidwatch if you have a PUP), less damage (than WAR/SAM/MNK), and less overall utility (barring Apoc) to the table than any of those jobs. Most spells are not worth capping. Your sky-high attack can be mimicked by WAR, MNK, and SAM, plus most current content is either old (easy to cap cRatio) or throws temps at you that include substantial attack buffs (again, capped cRatio is well within reach). NIN's attack is lower but Innin is extremely underrated and very exploitable in group content. Your other notable buff, Desperate Blows, is reduced in value with proper support. Most spells are simply not worth casting, hence the disparity between job and game design. Your gear options are relatively restrictive, especially when trying to maximize both haste and accuracy.

There's a reason I'm not bringing my DRK to anything until I finish Apoc: it takes a weapon of that caliber to even get it within the same playing field as other jobs.
[+]
 Asura.Domz
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2011-11-29 13:53:24  
damn, was hoping for Deca-strike for clubs. whm onry of course, least the staff looks cool! melee whm ftw
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2011-11-29 13:53:31  
Abosrb-TP says hi
lolwhut?
You bring less procs (barring MNK in Voidwatch if you have a PUP), less damage (than WAR/SAM/MNK), and less overall utility (barring Apoc) to the table than any of those jobs. Most spells are not worth capping. Your sky-high attack can be mimicked by WAR, MNK, and SAM, plus most current content is either old (easy to cap cRatio) or throws temps at you that include substantial attack buffs (again, capped cRatio is well within reach). NIN's attack is lower but Innin is extremely underrated and very exploitable in group content. Your other notable buff, Desperate Blows, is reduced in value with proper support. Most spells are simply not worth casting, hence the disparity between job and game design.

There's a reason I'm not bringing my DRK to anything until I finish Apoc: it takes a weapon of that caliber to even get it within the same playing field as other jobs.
Go troll go! :D

DRK can do high end procs on Club, Scythe, GS, Sword, Axe and Great Axe. Also Absorb-TP is a good spell :P

you go enjoy your blade:lulz
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-29 14:01:45  
Abosrb-TP says hi

DRK can do high end procs on Club, Scythe, GS, Sword, Axe and Great Axe. Also Absorb-TP is a good spell :P

It's like you didn't even read my post.
[+]
 Bahamut.Feisei
サーバ: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2011-11-29 14:06:18  
MITHRA FLIP!?! ***. SO. MUCH. WANT. CANT. DESCRIBE.
ELVAAN THROW BOW!? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKK AAWWWWWWEEEESSSSOMMMME
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-11-29 14:07:48  
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said: »
Profanity filter.
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2011-11-29 14:08:11  
Abosrb-TP says hi

It's like you didn't even read my post.

all I read was 'Hey guys, you're all excited about DRK's new WS? DRK is still crap! NIN is better! you mad bros?'
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-11-29 14:08:54  
Gib, maybe you should re-read his post instead of instigating.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-11-29 14:10:21  

How did anyone miss this. Oh you're not averaging 3k Tors outside either.
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2011-11-29 14:12:13  
Ramuh.Krizz said: »
yeah I read it, I read troll bait basically saying unless you have a 95 relic DRK is unless. k?
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-11-29 14:13:31  
Unless you have relic or terrible support Drk is mostly useless, yes.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-29 14:14:17  
You drk people are weird.
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-11-29 14:14:20  
Ramuh.Krizz said: »
yeah I read it, I read troll bait basically saying unless you have a 95 relic DRK is unless. k?
You use the word troll a lot. I don't think you understand what it means. Perhaps you should step away from the thread for a bit.
[+]
By volkom 2011-11-29 14:16:34  
a troll is obviously the thing living underneath the bridge. Wonder if they get wi-fi down there.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-29 14:16:39  
lolwhut?
You bring less procs (barring MNK in Voidwatch if you have a PUP), less damage (than WAR/SAM/MNK), and less overall utility (barring Apoc) to the table than any of those jobs. Most spells are not worth capping. Your sky-high attack can be mimicked by WAR, MNK, and SAM, plus most current content is either old (easy to cap cRatio) or throws temps at you that include substantial attack buffs (again, capped cRatio is well within reach). NIN's attack is lower but Innin is extremely underrated and very exploitable in group content. Your other notable buff, Desperate Blows, is reduced in value with proper support. Most spells are simply not worth casting, hence the disparity between job and game design. Your gear options are relatively restrictive, especially when trying to maximize both haste and accuracy. There's a reason I'm not bringing my DRK to anything until I finish Apoc: it takes a weapon of that caliber to even get it within the same playing field as other jobs.

[+]
By GraddHelian 2011-11-29 14:16:40  
I'd say anyone even mentioning using any spells Absorb-TP included would be the one that doesnt understand DRK.

90% of the time its an utterly useless spell and you are better off just swinging and Weaponskilling, especially when you are fully buffed with Haste and Marches.

With that said, I watched that video like 5 times in a row WS looks bad ***, almost makes me regret uninstalling the game :O
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8