フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » New Greatsword WS
New Greatsword WS
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-11-29 19:12:22  
Certain jobs were always required, but anything could fill the DD slot preabyssea.
By volkom 2011-11-29 19:13:19  
not pup
[+]
 Ragnarok.Unctgtg
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Dbill
By Ragnarok.Unctgtg 2011-11-29 19:16:06  
They are just mad cause we can cast teir 3 magic. :)
By GraddHelian 2011-11-29 19:16:16  
Asura.Ludoggy said: »
GraddHelian said: »
It forces you to play certain jobs and that really ruins the game for people when they cant play what they want imo.
That wasn't happening before the proc system or anything P:

Pre-Proc system you could get away with playing what you wanted just fine. After they introduced it you needed to be on X-Job to get stuff done.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-11-29 19:55:32  
It forces you to play certain jobs and that really ruins the game for people when they cant play what they want imo.

Pre-Proc system you could get away with playing what you wanted just fine. After they introduced it you needed to be on X-Job to get stuff done.

I *** went WAR and DRG to like everything and did fine lol. Now DRG has dust on it sooooo...

Proc System is ***.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-11-29 20:04:27  

Setup before Abyssea for anything serious;

PLD/NIN
PLD/NIN
BRD/WHM
WHM/SCH
WHM/SCH
RDM/WHM

SAM/WAR
SAM/WAR
RDM/WHM
BLM/RDM
BLM/RDM

COR/WHM
BLM/RDM
BLM/RDM
BLM/RDM
BLM/RDM
BLM/RDM

setup varried from NM to NM sometimes, i.e. cerb and khim you'd probably favor SMN for main damage, and in dynamis/einherjar/salvage you were still restricted mostly to what jobs you could come just so your leaders / leaders favorites could go DD jobs.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2011-11-29 20:04:58  
volkom said: »
from a melee standpoint (just melee hits, not weaponskills/spells/etc) doesn't drk stand out on top?

Even with a top tier drk with Caladbolg, they can still fall just short of sams and wars using 2hrs (yes i was place 5th or 6th on AV after 1 90 ukon war, 1 90 Amano sam, 2 85 Masamune Sams, and 1 90 verethragna mnk) with my 90 caladbolg. This included the use of their 2hrs, since well, mine was pretty well useless.
By volkom 2011-11-29 20:16:32  
Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
from a melee standpoint (just melee hits, not weaponskills/spells/etc) doesn't drk stand out on top?

Even with a top tier drk with Caladbolg, they can still fall just short of sams and wars using 2hrs (yes i was place 5th or 6th on AV after 1 90 ukon war, 1 90 Amano sam, 2 85 Masamune Sams, and 1 90 verethragna mnk) with my 90 caladbolg. This included the use of their 2hrs, since well, mine was pretty well useless.
you didn't read what i said.

i'm just talking in general melee damage, not 2hr's, not weaponskills
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2011-11-29 20:21:00  
well, even still, it can be questionable, because you would still have to put forth the effort to make the melee damage count either through haste gear, attack delay reduction, or through the complete bale +2 set bonus and keeping near capped HP
By GraddHelian 2011-11-29 20:34:58  
Ragnarok.Nekonarf said: »

PLD/NIN
PLD/NIN
BRD/WHM
WHM/SCH
WHM/SCH
RDM/WHM

SAM/WAR
SAM/WAR
RDM/WHM
BLM/RDM
BLM/RDM

COR/WHM
BLM/RDM
BLM/RDM
BLM/RDM
BLM/RDM
BLM/RDM

setup varried from NM to NM sometimes, i.e. cerb and khim you'd probably favor SMN for main damage, and in dynamis/einherjar/salvage you were still restricted mostly to what jobs you could come just so your leaders / leaders favorites could go DD jobs.

Right before Abyssea people stopped using PLD so you can toss that out, SAM and DRK started to become the norm Tank wise as long as your group knew what they were doing.

For the Most part Ein/Limbus/Dyna/Nyzul style events with Endless mobs, as long as your job was well Geared you could come on the DD you wanted without much complaint from others.

The Army of BLM for HNM? I'll agree with that, that was very much the norm. But HNM wasnt the entire game.

Ixion for example people prefered RNG for DD (it was a safe job), but as long as you knew what you were doing any other DD/SAM would rape a RNG pretty violently in a parse. DRG especially was pretty monstrous for that particular NM.

You were forced to come certain jobs for certain events but it wasnt as stapled down as it is now.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-29 21:53:59  
Should I rephrase it? DRK sucks as long as the proc system remains in the game, as far as Damage goes though its not a bad job.

As far as things like Voidwatch goes, WAR will always have more utility due to being able to proc more things.
You said it yourself: "as far as damage goes though it's not a bad job." Neither is it a particularly good job for damage, which is the problem. Is it strong in low buff situations due to Desperate Blows? Yes, but so are MNK (obvious), situationally NIN (72.5% delay reduction with just Haste is no joke, same for Innin), DNC, etc... Superior, even, and in group play the DNC will even carry other Hasso jobs ahead. So will marches or Embrava, though NIN and DNC obviously fall behind in that situation. Apoc at least brings a huge amount of gear flexibility and survivability to the equation in addition to the usual relic perks, otherwise you're looking at a relatively limited set of procs (3 unique, though a decent spread), mediocre output, and generally poor spells (Stun, Abs-Attri, and rarely some of the other spells if disengaged being the exceptions), which leads us back to...
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
DRK will never be bandwagon in the way that WAR/SAM/MNK/NIN have been unless they fix the fundamental disparity between job and game design.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-11-29 23:18:43  
That alliance setup doesn't even resemble what we took to Odin, lol
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2011-11-29 23:26:28  
Was anyone else shocked to not see an Ice chunk at end of the WS?
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-11-29 23:41:00  
Lakshmi.Kolvar said: »

I wanted to see flaming electrified ice chunks of death rain out of my blade. Hmmm (Meteorain....)
By GraddHelian 2011-11-29 23:42:27  

It goes with the Sickle Slash/Moon line of Weaponskills kinda nice to see imo. Always liked how Sickle Moon looked, hated that it sucked.

But yea tired of seeing all the Freeze type WS x:
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-11-29 23:43:49  

It goes with the Sickle Slash/Moon line of Weaponskills kinda nice to see imo. Always liked how Sickle Moon looked, hated that it sucked.

But yea tired of seeing all the Freeze type WS x:

I broke 3k on Sicklemoon before D:

300%, Freak Triple Attack proc, Stalwarts, Last Resort and Souleater :(

Shame it does sucky *** damage at 100tp.
 Phoenix.Urteil
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-29 23:56:38  
My DRK does fine, abyssea is just crit-land. Does fine lots of places, I don't get to cast any magic despite being a hybrid but that's the flawed nature of the game and job. Even casting absorb-tp isn't worth it with just haste + LR on usually with a 5-hit and with double march? Pff.

Outside of this however I wish there were some creative uses for our mp, however as far as damage is concerned DRK holds its own and I could give two shits if warrior etc. does more physical damage. In reality all a warrior is a drop-out DRK without MP. Let them have it, WAR SMASH.

Even if its just for flavor, or super low-man or me dicking around by myself. Maor utility prs.

WS speculation:

Btw. I was pondering as to what the point of these new WS are and how futile it seems that they are being introduced. . . when the power of a weapon seems to be tied to the WS itself.

Relic WS.
Mythic WS.
Empyrean WS.

I remember reading that they actually removed all the old .dats from relic/mythic/empyrean weapons and put in new ones for nearly every stage, (or perhaps just the 95/99)'s.

Anyway this "afterglow" as opposed to "aftermath" might mean that we are able to activate the corresponding aftermath of the weapon with any Weaponskill (or more weaponskills.)

Instead of being tied to one, which would be awesome. And I hope is the case otherwise it seems the dev has poorly thought out the inclusion of WS that have animations that put everything else in the game to shame.
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2011-11-30 06:19:44  
Should I rephrase it? DRK sucks as long as the proc system remains in the game, as far as Damage goes though its not a bad job.

As far as things like Voidwatch goes, WAR will always have more utility due to being able to proc more things.

Only thing you're saying in this post is that you suck.

Maybe It's useful to make a WAR change weapon on T1 from cities, after T1 it just results in big epic fails.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2011-11-30 06:26:47  

Maybe i need more temp items or Dilaram's feet, but if we're talking about VW, i never saw Torcleaver come close to Quietus on T3 Jeuno or Zilart.

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2011-11-30 06:30:18  
Cerberus.Detzu said: »

Maybe i need more temp items or Dilaram's feet, but if we're talking about VW, i never saw Torcleaver come close to Quietus on T3 Jeuno or Zilart.

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

I did AV only @85 without Caladbolg so i can't say anything for this.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-11-30 11:13:21  
So the new WS looks pretty damn nice.

5hit STR mod.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-30 16:10:25  
Cerberus.Taint said: »

5hit STR mod.

Whats abouts the scythes ones brah.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-11-30 16:11:10  
Where did you find the mods?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-30 16:17:10  
Phoenix.Urteil said: »

5hit STR mod.

Hearing that it's about the same as Cata, no idea on MP drain. If nobody gets a proper test going within the next few hours I'll get to it tonight after sword/katana.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-30 16:21:49  
Phoenix.Urteil said: »

5hit STR mod.

Hearing that it's about the same as Cata, no idea on MP drain. If nobody gets a proper test going within the next few hours I'll get to it tonight after sword/katana.

If it /drains/ mp it might not be total ***. If it doesn't then idk wtf to say lol.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-30 16:33:35  
Think it was recover MP, don't know why I said drain.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-30 16:42:56  
Think it was recover MP, don't know why I said drain.

Fail. SE couldn't even get that one right.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-11-30 16:44:34  
Nice in that you can recover MP from non-Aspirable mobs though.
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2011-11-30 16:50:27  
did on war with ukko's gear with Mighty Strikes.
 Shiva.Gib
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2011-11-30 17:00:28  
Ragnarok.Nekonarf said: »

PLD/NIN
PLD/NIN
BRD/WHM
WHM/SCH
WHM/SCH
RDM/WHM

SAM/WAR
SAM/WAR
RDM/WHM
BLM/RDM
BLM/RDM

COR/WHM
BLM/RDM
BLM/RDM
BLM/RDM
BLM/RDM
BLM/RDM

HAHAH, god, I love that, especially the part about everyone coming healing and support so leaders and their butt buddies could come DD.

old school HNM got so mind numblingly boring, I can't believe people cry about the 'Good old days' bleck
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8