Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » RNG Last Stand set
RNG Last Stand set
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
By Aeyela 2013-01-14 15:54:05  
I'm going off memory here, so it's subject to being incorrect. However back when I was researching weapon skill pieces (this was nearly two years ago...) I remember reading all about STR and Ratt for WS. The rule of thumb was 1 STR = 2.5 Ratt, which means it's 20 Ratt Vs 15 Ratt + the 6 AGI modifier. I believe whether or not the Sylvan or Mantle is better depends on the rest of your set and how much AGI and Ratt you're already stacking.

Like I said, though... Going off memory. I know I might be wrong, so take it with a grain of salt. It's definitely one of those things that divides people.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-01-14 16:09:08  
Yankke23 said: »
Seiryu kote Or leoht gloves!? AGI +10 RATT +15

For hands, these are the new top choice

Sigyn's bazubands. - DEF:31 STR+8 AGI+8 Ranged Accuracy+12 Ranged Attack+12 Marksmanship skill +6 Enmity-5
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-01-14 16:17:01  
The effect of STR on ranged attacks is actually fairly easy to understand if you look at the fSTR2 formula. The higher your STR is relative to the mob, the lower its effectiveness. It tends to hover around 52-58% if you were to look at in terms of a weapon skill modifier. So basically, AGI is always going to better than STR as a modifier, however STR items can pull ahead if they offer enough ranged attack. The additional 2 ranged attack from a STR earring is not going to beat an AGI earring however, and neither will the additional 3.5 ranged attack from the ring. Those numbers will be higher with v. shot, berserk, etc. but it's not going to beat a 100% modifier, or 85% after @.

I tend not to comment on terebellum vs sylvan; they're very close and it's really going to vary depending on what you're fighting. If you've got full buffs up, terebellum will win; if not, sylvan will pull ahead. However, if you have so many buffs that your ranged attack becomes capped, then sylvan will win also.

Sigyn's bazubands are the new last stand piece. They're very easy to get, only need 12 umbrage + the 45 piece, which drop off lolkhim.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kanobrown
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kanobrown
By Lakshmi.Kanobrown 2013-01-15 15:55:23  
It's still better to stack STR over AGI for coronach though right??

Thx for input, below are my current sets. Still working on my sigyn hands :D.

Last Stand:

Coronach:
 Fenrir.Curty
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2013-01-15 15:58:41  
Lakshmi.Kanobrown said: »
It's still better to stack STR over AGI for coronach though right??

Thx for input, below are my current sets. Still working on my sigyn hands :D.

Last Stand:

Coronach:

Coronach: Thaumas hands and another STR earring (Dex or Agi would be better as well) rather than moonshade. Gorget/Belt also do not add much to Coro. Consider Moepapa Medal and Wanion Belt (or Pipilaka Belt).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kanobrown
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kanobrown
By Lakshmi.Kanobrown 2013-01-15 15:59:47  
Thx curty, I'll try it out!
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
サーバ: Bahamut
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-01-16 01:33:07  
For Last Stand ranger, whats better:
Alrunas Gloves
Seiryus Kote
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-01-16 09:14:47  
Bahamut.Fulgrim said: »
Alrunas Gloves
Seiryus Kote
Bumping for the knowledge people
 Fenrir.Greever
user: Greever
By Fenrir.Greever 2013-01-16 09:53:39  
id say kote with rnt att augment (if wiki is right about rng att augment)
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2013-01-16 09:55:36  
Bahamut.Fulgrim said: »
Alrunas Gloves
Seiryus Kote

Touches are cheap, just make scout's bracers +2
:D
By fractalvoid 2013-01-16 09:58:57  
Scout's Bracers +2 are better than everything, except when berserk down, you should use thaumas gloves. If acc is really an issue than kote would be fine.

Kote would be better than Alruna's (since that was the actual question) especially if you can get lucky with an augment. Maybe STR+, R.atk+, and sTP augment would beat out Scout's+2/Thaumas, but getting all of those would be extremely unlikely (if not impossible) cos of lolrandompool.

edit: Also I don't think any of those will beat Sigyn's Bazubands
 Fenrir.Greever
user: Greever
By Fenrir.Greever 2013-01-21 15:48:42  
Hello all,

I was wondering if it would be worth using athos's gloves for last stand on lights/fire/watersday since they also work like the ele gorgets/belts.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-02-09 16:41:52  
Sorry for late response. Athos's gloves are definitely better on corresponding days.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [74 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Dearborn
user: Dearborn
By Bismarck.Dearborn 2013-04-24 14:00:53  
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/296778

I was wondering if these new items from the expansion replace the Thaumas set pieces? That is a lot of STR and AGI added in and would also allow the AF3+2 boots to be used.

Thoughts? Is the Thaumas set still superior to these new pieces? Would these pieces become second best?
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-24 14:16:01  
Yes on everything except body. Body = sylvan caban +2. But your hands should be sigyn's bazubands.
 Bismarck.Dearborn
By Bismarck.Dearborn 2013-04-24 14:20:32  
Thanks Helel.

So I add back in the Sylvan +2 Caban and the Sigyn's Bazubands and that should be the optimal set. Almost 50 STR and 100 AGI with over 50 R.Att as well. It's a great motivator while plugging through Reives!
 Bismarck.Dearborn
By Bismarck.Dearborn 2013-04-24 14:26:58  
ItemSet 296778

There, Helel. I read through the entire thread and thanks for your input as well as everyone else's. I am excited to test it out. Still need to get the headpiece and the ring.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2013-04-24 14:27:43  
Bismarck.Helel said: »
Yes on everything except body. Body = sylvan caban +2. But your hands should be sigyn's bazubands.

If you're using Thaumas head/feet are Thaumas legs still best, or do Thurandaut legs pull ahead?
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-04-24 14:32:12  
Quetzalcoatl.Waffless said: »

If you're using Thaumas head/feet are Thaumas legs still best, or do Thurandaut legs pull ahead?
Should be using AF3 feet with Thurandaut even with Thaumas hat
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2013-04-24 14:38:54  
Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »

I was basing my set off of Helel's set. So you're saying Thaumas head, Thurandaut legs, and AF3 +2 feet is what I should be using? I have to use skadi hands +1 for now because a 2nd pair of 45's hasn't dropped.
 Bismarck.Dearborn
By Bismarck.Dearborn 2013-04-24 14:44:34  
I was basing my set off of Helel's set. So you're saying Thaumas head, Thurandaut legs, and AF3 +2 feet is what I should be using? I have to use skadi hands +1 for now because a 2nd pair of 45's hasn't dropped.

I'm just looking at Chocaliztli Mask vs. Thaumas Hat as the only debate from the set I had above.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-24 14:52:30  

Thaumas/thurandaut/sylvan only pulls ahead if fSTR2 is capped:

str 6 agi 14 - thaumas head
str 9 agi 9 - thaumas kecks
agi 9 ranged attack +14 - thaumas nails
total: str 20 agi 37 ranged attack +24 - thaumas head/legs/feet + set bonus

agi 17 - thurandaut
agi 15 ranged attack +7 - sylvan
total: str 6 agi 46 ranged attack +10 - thaumas head/thurandaut legs/sylvan feet

You lose 14 STR, and gain 9 AGI. Considering STR is ~52-60% WS modifier, depending on fSTR2 value, that alone is enough to offset the gain in AGI. The extra 14 ranged attack is just a bonus. If fSTR2 is capped however, then the second set pulls ahead. I personally don't have much STR in my last stand set though, so I would definitely stick with the thaumas set (head/legs/feet). fSTR2 won't be capped on anything that matters.
 Bismarck.Dearborn
By Bismarck.Dearborn 2013-04-24 15:18:27  
Thaumas/thurandaut/sylvan only pulls ahead if fSTR2 is capped: str 6 agi 14 - thaumas head str 9 agi 9 - thaumas kecks agi 9 ranged attack +14 - thaumas nails total: str 20 agi 37 ranged attack +24 - thaumas head/legs/feet + set bonus str 6 agi 14 - thaumas head agi 17 - thurandaut agi 15 ranged attack +7 - sylvan total: str 6 agi 46 ranged attack +10 - thaumas head/thurandaut legs/sylvan feet You lose 14 STR, and gain 9 AGI. Considering STR is ~52-60% WS modifier, depending on fSTR2 value, that alone is enough to offset the gain in AGI. The extra 14 ranged attack is just a bonus. If fSTR2 is capped however, then the second set pulls ahead. I personally don't have much STR in my last stand set though, so I would definitely stick with the thaumas set (head/legs/feet). fSTR2 won't be capped on anything that matters.

Thanks for the response.

Now would completely taking out the Thaumas Hat and replacing it with the Chocaliztli Mask change the debate?

str 18 agi 18 - Chocaliztli Mask
agi 17 - thurandaut
total: str 18 agi 50 ranged attack +10 - Chocaliztli Mask/thurandaut legs/sylvan feet

That is a -2 STR for 13 more AGI, correct? It also adds a -13 Enmity and +7 Marksmanship on top of the added AGI. Reasons why I am debating the two setups.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-24 15:26:31  
Bismarck.Dearborn said: »
Thaumas/thurandaut/sylvan only pulls ahead if fSTR2 is capped: str 6 agi 14 - thaumas head str 9 agi 9 - thaumas kecks agi 9 ranged attack +14 - thaumas nails total: str 20 agi 37 ranged attack +24 - thaumas head/legs/feet + set bonus str 6 agi 14 - thaumas head agi 17 - thurandaut agi 15 ranged attack +7 - sylvan total: str 6 agi 46 ranged attack +10 - thaumas head/thurandaut legs/sylvan feet You lose 14 STR, and gain 9 AGI. Considering STR is ~52-60% WS modifier, depending on fSTR2 value, that alone is enough to offset the gain in AGI. The extra 14 ranged attack is just a bonus. If fSTR2 is capped however, then the second set pulls ahead. I personally don't have much STR in my last stand set though, so I would definitely stick with the thaumas set (head/legs/feet). fSTR2 won't be capped on anything that matters.

Thanks for the response.

Now would completely taking out the Thaumas Hat and replacing it with the Chocaliztli Mask change the debate?

str 18 agi 18 - Chocaliztli Mask
agi 17 - thurandaut
total: str 18 agi 50 ranged attack +10 - Chocaliztli Mask/thurandaut legs/sylvan feet

That is a -2 STR for 13 more AGI, correct? It also adds a -13 Enmity and +7 Marksmanship on top of the added AGI. Reasons why I am debating the two setups.

I already answered this. My comparison was answering waffless's question.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2013-04-24 15:28:49  
Ok, thanks for the quick reply.
 Bismarck.Dearborn
By Bismarck.Dearborn 2013-04-24 16:21:07  
Bismarck.Dearborn said: »
Thanks for the response. Now would completely taking out the Thaumas Hat and replacing it with the Chocaliztli Mask change the debate? str 6 agi 14 - thaumas head str 9 agi 9 - thaumas kecks agi 9 ranged attack +14 - thaumas nails total: str 20 agi 37 ranged attack +24 - thaumas head/legs/feet + set bonus str 18 agi 18 - Chocaliztli Mask agi 17 - thurandaut agi 15 ranged attack +7 - sylvan total: str 18 agi 50 ranged attack +10 - Chocaliztli Mask/thurandaut legs/sylvan feet That is a -2 STR for 13 more AGI, correct? It also adds a -13 Enmity and +7 Marksmanship on top of the added AGI. Reasons why I am debating the two setups.
I already answered this. My comparison was answering waffless's question.

Ah gotcha.

I didn't see that he was going to keep using Thaumas Hat.

Cheers
 Cerberus.Texasprincess
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Texasprincess 2013-04-26 18:36:27  
you think Thurandaut Gloves beat scouts +2? any one test it yet ?
 Sylph.Mirvana
サーバ: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-04-26 23:33:05  
Any scenario Thurandaut would theoretically win, Seiryu Kote would win more, so I don't think anyone will be testing with them in the slot.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-04-26 23:39:22  
But, if I'm not mistaken, Sigyn's Bazubands would win over both.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13