RNG Last Stand set
First Page 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-12-28 17:57:29  
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Would be far better off going rng/war using coronach if enmity is an issue at all. Finding this ws quite underwhelming except for random epeen shots for annihilator RNG.

Not really. Even after using coronach for 5-10 minutes or so, your hate will eventually cap anyway just from your ranged attacks. At that point, it doesn't matter whether you use coronach or last stand; your hate won't go over the cap so it's the same increase in enmity either way.

I always go /war for the most part, mainly to help out with procs (that's what I tell myself anyway). Those without relic may benefit more from /drg though.

The other thing I wanted to add is it's pretty easy to use fanatics 100% of the time anyway, so might as well spam last stand, especially on mobs like Ig-Alima or Qilin. It's a great zerg WS.

Another fun fact is RNG benefits greatly from EA/Scherzo since they have almost no defense, very low hp (relative to other jobs), and thus you can effectively ammo burn things using rangers for tanks. I'd love to see this in action.

Edit: forgot to mention that this WS really shines with dusty wings. 300% tp increase the damage by a lot. Was doing around 2k to Ig-Alima with wings. Would have been more but I hadn't made a light gorget at the time, and I still need AGI rings and 1 earring.
 Asura.Vrytreya
サーバ: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-01-15 04:01:20  

Yes, that's Darksteel bolt, no trolling.
I still got room of 30 damage to grow with Adaman bolt but heck no one supplies them.

Acid bolt landed 100% of the time thanks to Ascetic's drink; Likewise, the mirrored Light damage

ADD: on a side note, those are still around pDIF = 2.00. If only I ate better food (used YCB) and have chaos roll/minuets, it'll go even better to 3k+ range.
[+]
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-01-28 23:07:32  
I finally got some adaman bolt,
but unfortunately this is the best I can do without support (no minuets nor chaos) ;(
It's harder to get yourself put into PT with buffs. Most likely people will just put you on 2xBLM, BLU, and some other "proc only" job.

[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-01-28 23:09:29  
^o^ i cant wait to do that with my gastraphetes!
[+]
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-01-28 23:10:23  
Asura.Vrytreya said: »
I finally got some adaman bolt,
but unfortunately this is the best I can do without support (no minuets nor chaos) ;(
It's harder to get yourself put into PT with buffs. Most likely people will just put you on 2xBLM, BLU, and some other "proc only" job.

Every time for me, and I still out damage many jobs on the parse. So annoying to be considered a proc job when you crush the "true" DD's.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-01-28 23:10:40  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
^o^ i cant wait to do that with my gastraphetes!
Gogo! :D!!

I can't wait to see pics/parse/data/stuff of it in action!
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-01-28 23:47:06  
The highest I got on pil was 4.3k with annihilator + adaman bullets. With some angon and/or chaos roll, should be able to break 5k pretty easy.

RNG has no trouble keeping up and surpassing any DD with the right buffs. The problem is nobody every truly plays RNG as a DD anymore so buffs are always catered toward melee jobs instead.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-01-28 23:52:06  
Bismarck.Helel said: »
RNG has no trouble keeping up and surpassing any DD with the right buffs. The problem is nobody every truly plays RNG as a DD anymore so buffs are always catered toward melee jobs instead.
It's sad really.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-01-29 00:07:22  
The highest I got on pil was 4.3k with annihilator + adaman bullets. With some angon and/or chaos roll, should be able to break 5k pretty easy.

More like it's harder to get good DD rng than good shoha SAM/resolution DRK/ukko WAR/smite MNK etc.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-01-29 00:08:59  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »

More like it's harder to get good DD rng than good shoha SAM/resolution DRK/ukko WAR/smite MNK etc.
They are out there, but many of those good RNGs don't/can't come to events like VW because of the prevailing stigma of the job.
 Leviathan.Duzell
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Duzell 2012-01-29 00:45:18  
Bonkai said: »
anyone one have tryed this on thf?
Currently 2/5 into it, Culverin +1, capped marksmanship on thf, using my normal TP gear swapping only a libeccio mantle to help counteract the -12 racc on the gun. I am getting about 1k damage on EP mobs. Thf will need to swap in a balance of AGI and Racc gear, and where that balances will determine if it is at all viable.

Edit: It has however come in handy already. When tanking on thf I have become bound a few times and had the monster run off due to hate reset. A Last Stand to the backside with even a Ziska's and venom bolt usually is enough to make it come back to me. Also the add effects of bolts will proc during this WS so you can WS using sleep bolts and put things right back to sleep.
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-01-30 21:19:39  
Got 3495 Last Stand off Qilin last night.

Same setup as above with Adaman bolt, except changing YCB to RCB and had Flashy Shot. Best without Flashy ws 2.9k Last Stand.

No Chaos roll no Minuets ;_;
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-02-07 11:19:34  
Finally, I got in PT with appropriate buff, albeit, just from a BRD. There's still a little gap to close from capping pDIF. I guess Chaos Roll 11 with DRK in party would pull it in place of BRD 2x Minuet

Set is the same with I shown above(Yep, Moros Crossbow + Adaman Bolt). 240~260TP, Flashy Shot, 2x Minuet, RCB, Dia II, Acid bolt, Berserk, Warcry, normal VW temp items.

A lot of 3k... and mostly 3.5k~3.7k when I got my all offense up.
 Asura.Ryusen
user: Ryusen
By Asura.Ryusen 2012-02-16 06:01:47  
here my Last Stand set for the moment yeah missing the HQ ring and Ocelomeh head +1 for now will get that sorted soon
[

if you think i have anything else to change let me know :D
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-02-16 06:04:12  
Bismarck.Gaspee said: »
It's sad really.

The reason most people don't want Rangers as DD anymore, is that when they pull hate, they tend to either mpk loads of people, or make the melees lose all their tp.
I know that a good ranger will do this rarely, but we all know the majority of rangers suck, so they basicly make everybody scared of letting rangers join as DDs :p
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-16 07:13:01  
I thought I posted these here... must of been in the gandiva vs armageddon thread. Anyway, more relevant here I guess:

No flashy shot but 2x minuet, rcb, probably angon, and dia 3. The best thing about ranged WS is their consistency. These aren't just random high spike damage WSs. I was pulling these things off back to back every few seconds. These are likely not from the sweet spot either.

Quote:
The reason most people don't want Rangers as DD anymore, is that when they pull hate, they tend to either mpk loads of people, or make the melees lose all their tp.
I know that a good ranger will do this rarely, but we all know the majority of rangers suck, so they basicly make everybody scared of letting rangers join as DDs :p

Pretty much. Even I'm afraid of inviting RNGs to my VW groups. The best way to play RNG (in VW) is to pop fanatics and just act like a melee job. It's gonna come chasing after you eventually anyway.

I usually back up into the sweet spot if the mob has just been red or white proc'd though.

@Ryusen b/c I'm too lazy to quote:
-Both rings should be stormsoul (just wanted to clarify)
-Terebellum mantle seems to do more damage than sylvan chlamys for me (I haven't done the math, but I have tested it).
-Best hands are scout's bracers +2. Athos's gloves will be the best on the corresponding days.
-Should be /war and single wielding so you get the benefits of fencer. Will give you a tp bonus of +25 and critical hit rate +5%.
-If you have it, moonshade earring with tp bonus on it, plus sylvan earring would be the best earring combo.

It's late so I probably messed something up.
 Asura.Ryusen
user: Ryusen
By Asura.Ryusen 2012-02-16 07:28:57  
Yeah i dont have the Moonshade need to start workin on those mission lol :D
but ok thx for that ill work on it
 Sylph.Knala
サーバ: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-02-21 19:52:33  
what other gorget/belts work for last stand?
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-02-21 20:30:55  
I usually can keep my hate level low enough throughout the fight with just Gnostic's. I only pop Fanatic's when the mob starts paying attention to me.

Knala : Light/Flame and Aqua
 Asura.Hotsoups
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-03-02 07:59:37  

This weaponskill is crazy, it absolutely destroys with proper food and buffs. I never hit these numbers with my Gandiva. Gonna try to figure out how to post my set, still noob to this forum.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-03-02 08:02:39  
[itemset]itemsetnumber[/itemset ]
:3
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-03-02 08:19:32  

Aha! Thanks Kvazz, that avatar kills me everytime I see it btw!

I ended up using the scout's legs +2 because left ambusher's in MH for w/e reason, think I was in a hurry. But ambusher's hose or not these numbers are nuts.

Food/buffs were RCB, double minuet, chaos roll, berserk, and Stalwart's. There was a dragoon in the party so I'm not sure if angon was up or whatever. I was spamming these back to back, taking entire chunks out of Qilin's HP bar.

I was so happy to get in the party with the bard and corsair! (Always stuck in mage party)

Hell I even got in one of these!
[+]
 Fenrir.Idevlboy
サーバ: Fenrir
user: idevlboy
By Fenrir.Idevlboy 2012-03-02 08:28:05  

Current build! (Well kinda... @6100/7000 for Anni but I should have it this weekend assuming I can find a loan)

/war of course

Even on 85 Arma 5/5 last stand with Adaman bullet is pretty awesome! Can't wait to try it out on Annihilator!!

Will anything beat nguul for main hand? And don't lol at the shield! It's one of the few that rng can use and it's 2 free -enmity! I can't stand to have an equip slot open if I have equip that can fill it...
 Phoenix.Isttahl
サーバ: Phoenix
user: isttahl
By Phoenix.Isttahl 2012-03-03 14:51:33  
Vrytreya, if you don't mind, what atmacite do you use for vw when you are using last stand. Finally finished putting my gear set together and want to start taking ranger on some vw runs or least have that option. If you mentioned it before, sorry I missed it when I read through the thread.
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-03-05 06:24:57  
Phoenix.Isttahl said: »
Vrytreya, if you don't mind, what atmacite do you use for vw when you are using last stand. Finally finished putting my gear set together and want to start taking ranger on some vw runs or least have that option. If you mentioned it before, sorry I missed it when I read through the thread.

As of right now I believe that most rangers and other DDs are using Coercion and Discipline level 15. After the Save TP change I'm sure atmacites will change, but until then these two atmacites are the way to go.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-03-05 08:03:55  
Fenrir.Idevlboy said: »

Current build! (Well kinda... @6100/7000 for Anni but I should have it this weekend assuming I can find a loan)

/war of course

Even on 85 Arma 5/5 last stand with Adaman bullet is pretty awesome! Can't wait to try it out on Annihilator!!

Will anything beat nguul for main hand? And don't lol at the shield! It's one of the few that rng can use and it's 2 free -enmity! I can't stand to have an equip slot open if I have equip that can fill it...

Don't think so, but you may want to use carabineer's dagger as the extra damage from TP will probably add up to more DoT. However, if you've got massive regain/save tp then you might as well use nguul.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-03-05 11:54:56  

Probably not ideal, but I don't end up on ranger much either.

Anwig is AGI/MAB/WS%, made for Wildfire originally.
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-03-05 12:10:30  
BRD COR and RCB are very important... on top of normal VS, zerk, and stalwart. It'll be better if you also have DRK in PT for optimum Chaos roll.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-03-05 14:13:09  
Asura.Vrytreya said: »
BRD COR and RCB are very important... on top of normal VS, zerk, and stalwart. It'll be better if you also have DRK in PT for optimum Chaos roll.

Pffh. Forget that. Tell your Corsair to put on his Commodore Tricorne and pay Lady Luck a complement or two so she's smilin' for him.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13