フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » AF2 +2 Augments
AF2 +2 Augments
 Bismarck.Gaspee
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-01-11 00:14:05  
Ragnarok.Baconchips said: »
Scout's Bracers +2 or Sylvan +2 hands for TP with bow/yoichi? after swapping in snapshot hands for shot start?
I'm going with Sylvan.
 Quetzalcoatl.Lucifel
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: xLucifelx
By Quetzalcoatl.Lucifel 2012-01-29 06:45:52  
Any hope for the Scout's Body +2? Rapid shot +7! D: I might macro it in for when double shot is up.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-01-29 15:03:41  
Sylvan hands or Scout+2 hands for Coronach? Hmmm.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-01-29 17:31:29  
probably althos gloves actually yar?
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-01-29 18:44:11  
I use athos. If you don't have athos, scout's +2 will easily beat sylvan +2.

I'll take this opportunity to post that scout's beret +2 enhance recycle effect does proc on each individual hit of a weapon skill, such that it's possible to receive an extra +15 tp return on jishnu's, and a +10 tp return on last stand. Only problem is you have to have the hat equipped during WS obviously.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-01-29 18:47:36  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
probably althos gloves actually yar?
Bismarck.Helel said: »

No athos yet! Lucky peoples!
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-01-29 18:59:47  

I'll take this opportunity to post that scout's beret +2 enhance recycle effect does proc on each individual hit of a weapon skill, such that it's possible to receive an extra +15 tp return on jishnu's, and a +10 tp return on last stand. Only problem is you have to have the hat equipped during WS obviously.

do you end tp in the hat then?
 Ragnarok.Neonracer
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Neonracer
By Ragnarok.Neonracer 2012-01-29 19:20:08  
Wonder how the complete af2+2 relic Blu compares to Emporyean+2 Blu?
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-01-29 19:21:05  
Ragnarok.Neonracer said: »

idk, this is ranger forums
[+]
 Ragnarok.Neonracer
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Neonracer
By Ragnarok.Neonracer 2012-01-29 21:43:49  
Ragnarok.Neonracer said: »

idk, this is ranger forums

Oops Sorry Saw it on main Page. I nvr really disect what forum threads get posted, so pardon me. XD
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-01-29 21:55:42  

Yeah I do. I start in sylvan hat and end in scout's. It allows me to get rid of a lot of store tp gear.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-01-29 22:35:05  

Yeah I do. I start in sylvan hat and end in scout's. It allows me to get rid of a lot of store tp gear.
Hmm something to think about. I hate carrying around all that TP gear.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-01-29 22:39:26  
Bismarck.Gaspee said: »

Hmm something to think about. I hate carrying around all that TP gear.

58% proc too if you have merits yar?
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-01-30 00:04:13  
Something like that; it's definitely over 50%. Beret (25 on BG) + merits (25) + lib mantle (5) if you want. Can use entois trousers too, but seems counter-productive to lose 9 store tp from sylvan.

My finishing shot set atm (finish him!):

Waist can be bucc belt if you prefer. Neck can be rancor collar also. This is the set I would use on the higher tier VW fights or anything with high defense/evasion.
 Asura.Vrytreya
サーバ: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-01-30 02:05:59  
Crudelis belt is good for -3 enmity and also +5 MND (if you still use holy bolt), which is a good all round piece to me.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-01-30 08:00:52  
Been looking at grabbing that prosilio belt for RNG; +9 STR is pretty dandy for a pure damage build. Beir belt +1 works too but I'd hate to lose crit rate if I don't have to.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaomii
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Kaomii
By Fenrir.Kaomii 2012-02-01 11:53:49  
Curious if Scout's Jerkin +2 with the 5% Double Shot would be a better midcast body than Sylvan Caban +2.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-02 18:29:57  
Oh wow I failed. I just assumed the enhance snapshot effect was an increase to snapshot. Oh man, the devs really screwed us over on this one. I'd hate to lose all the ranged attack and ranged accuracy from caban...

Since I like red curry buns, I'm going to say that sylvan caban +2 is the superior choice for higher level NMs. I'm thinking that caban will always be superior for gun, since they shoot so slow anyway, 5% chance to double shot is nothing. It might be more useful for xbow.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-02-02 22:26:28  
Did someone say xbow?

af2+2 body w/ augment gives snapshot as well as 5% extra double shot?

What do you mean when you say "caban will always be superior for gun, since they shoot so slow anyway"?

I don't do math really :x so I'll leave it to the expert! With my mythic should I start in caban +2 (i presume I get the rattk bonus or something from velocity shot?) and end with af2+2 (on non high lvl nm?)?
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-02-02 22:33:09  
Sylph.Liltrouble said: »
What exactly does "Enhances perfect dodge effect" mean, exactly? Does it make us immune to damage from magic as well?

Enhances Perfect Dodge effect on AA+2 gives 10 seconds extra duration on Perfect Dodge. I got my enhanced AA+2 a few weeks ago and they are just great :)
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-02 22:44:30  
Did someone say xbow?

af2+2 body w/ augment gives snapshot as well as 5% extra double shot?

What do you mean when you say "caban will always be superior for gun, since they shoot so slow anyway"?

I don't do math really :x so I'll leave it to the expert! With my mythic should I start in caban +2 (i presume I get the rattk bonus or something from velocity shot?) and end with af2+2 (on non high lvl nm?)?

If it works like the other enhance stuff, it actually doesn't increase snapshot, and only adds the double shot. I said it might be better for xbow just because you attack so much faster and therefore you'll see the 5% proc more, but idk, you lose so much by not using caban +2. Not sure what the devs were thinking.

You definitely want to start shot in caban +2 though (adds +5 snapshot).
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-02 22:53:24  
woops misposted
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-02-02 23:15:10  
hmm midsummernig something says it also gives snapshot, might have to just get it and test it myself! if it does that would be sex I think!

We need to petition SE for snapshot feet and neck and back and legs and rings/earrings! and grip!
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-02 23:32:29  
I have it and I've been using it for my preshot build because I thought it increased snapshot (but apparently not). I'll have to test it in a sec. Just got done doing some VW on RNG and I*** in my pants a few times :|

Cor + BRD, chaos and minuet, rcb, berserk, no drk in the party.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-02 23:51:58  
Ok just tested the bodies outside bastok and scout's jerkin +2 definitely does not give snapshot. For 582 delay gun, it's about a .5s difference between caban and jerkin. I used a stopwatch so the time isn't exact.

So sylvan is definitely the best choice for preshot, and most likely the best choice to end shot in on anything that matters. Jerkin +2 might pull ahead on crap mobs though I guess.
 Valefor.Rancor
サーバ: Valefor
user: Rancoor
By Valefor.Rancor 2012-02-02 23:56:46  
everyone :Q______________ at thf TH and /ignorepet RNG th + FTW!
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-02-02 23:58:36  
Ok just tested the bodies outside bastok and scout's jerkin +2 definitely does not give snapshot. For 582 delay gun, it's about a .5s difference between caban and jerkin. I used a stopwatch so the time isn't exact.

So sylvan is definitely the best choice for preshot, and most likely the best choice to end shot in on anything that matters. Jerkin +2 might pull ahead on crap mobs though I guess.

QQ i was hoping for jerkin, i hate the look of caban >_> suppose i could .dat it :<
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-03 00:00:37  

QQ i was hoping for jerkin, i hate the look of caban >_> suppose i could .dat it :<

Yeah same. I was excited at the enhance snapshot effect when I saw it, but then they had to go and make it useless.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-02-03 00:01:57  
what really irks me to, is it will be practically impossible to make a new rng body that beast af3+2. it would have to be super jacked to beat precast and midcast :x
 Fenrir.Kaomii
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Kaomii
By Fenrir.Kaomii 2012-02-03 02:33:46  
The Sylvan set bonus does seem like it procs frequently enough. What about starting shot in Scout's Jerkin +2 for a better chance at that? As it stands, I blink almost all of my shots from gandiva with a 0.5 midcast delay. Maybe it'd be more beneficial to trade 5% snapshot for a +7% chance of dealing double damage.