フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » AF2 +2 Augments
AF2 +2 Augments
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-02-03 02:52:12  
Fenrir.Kaomii said: »
The Sylvan set bonus does seem like it procs frequently enough. What about starting shot in Scout's Jerkin +2 for a better chance at that? As it stands, I blink almost all of my shots from gandiva with a 0.5 midcast delay. Maybe it'd be more beneficial to trade 5% snapshot for a +7% chance of dealing double damage.

set bonus proc is only 5% on rapid shot proc, which is probably only about 10%, so definitely not :<
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-03 03:15:22  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
The Sylvan set bonus does seem like it procs frequently enough. What about starting shot in Scout's Jerkin +2 for a better chance at that? As it stands, I blink almost all of my shots from gandiva with a 0.5 midcast delay. Maybe it'd be more beneficial to trade 5% snapshot for a +7% chance of dealing double damage.

set bonus proc is only 5% on rapid shot proc, which is probably only about 10%, so definitely not :<

Yeah it's not a straight 7% increase. It's 5% out of %(chance of rapid shot proc+7%).

edit: worded it wrong.
 Fenrir.Kaomii
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Kaomii
By Fenrir.Kaomii 2012-02-03 12:03:25  
Yeah, that's what I meant to ask but worded it wrong (I know set bonus doesn't activate on every Rapid Shot). I can understand why a gun would want the snapshot for every shot, but when you get to lower delay ranged weapons (particularly crossbows), the extra snapshot kind of feels... wasted? For a lack of a better word to describe it. The shot damage appears in the chat log before I finish blinking into midcast gear, almost like a Rapid Shot proc.

With that in mind, I guess my real question would be something like... if shots are finishing that fast regardless, would it be more beneficial to try to force a real Rapid Shot for a chance at the set bonus? I'm a bit over halfway done with my Hope items, so I can play around with it some then.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-02-03 15:18:16  
Yeah, that's what I meant to ask but worded it wrong (I know set bonus doesn't activate on every Rapid Shot). I can understand why a gun would want the snapshot for every shot, but when you get to lower delay ranged weapons (particularly crossbows), the extra snapshot kind of feels... wasted? For a lack of a better word to describe it. The shot damage appears in the chat log before I finish blinking into midcast gear, almost like a Rapid Shot proc.

With that in mind, I guess my real question would be something like... if shots are finishing that fast regardless, would it be more beneficial to try to force a real Rapid Shot for a chance at the set bonus? I'm a bit over halfway done with my Hope items, so I can play around with it some then.

unless it can also proc on gastraphetes odd/odt, then i doubt it :<

and i doubt it anyway to begin with :< it's just so low, and you don't even end shot in much af3+2 anymore..just body and legs iirc..so the activation rate is even lower than retardedly-low.
 Sylph.Knala
サーバ: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-02-29 15:21:11  
bleh, had a question regarding the beret, BGwiki says its +10 stp but references this thread for testing which says its a staic boost per proc of +5 tp anyone able to verify it one way or the other?
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-03-19 04:14:14  
anyone good with math :x?

trying to 5 hit xbow rng/war. if counting on 1 hit of the af2+2 beret to proc in 4 hits, it seems like 6.2% of the time i'll have to do a 6hit (0.5x0.5x0.5x0.5 chance of failing). how much does this hurt your overall dps? would it be better to make a true 5 hit instead?

idk, stuffs so confusing, esp. when you take into account how long you're continuously fighting..if a mob dies in 2 rounds of tp-> ws, then the 6% chance is pretty low, but obv. the longer somethings alive the more this 6% would hurt your overall dps yes?

sorry if i'm making no sense, i don't even understand what im talking about!

this would be my imperfect 5hit

this gives 19.9 tp/hit, need 20.825 (so i'm guessing 20.9) for a true 5hit w/ WS.

anything i should change really :x?
 Bismarck.Sylow
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-19 04:15:46  
Unrelated, but how much snapshot is on the xbow?
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-03-19 04:18:17  
Bismarck.Sylow said: »
Unrelated, but how much snapshot is on the xbow?

havent tested it out yet tbh, was planning on just getting it to 95/99 then doing it, since i dont have a stopwatch or anything atm. it's 3-4 seconds between equipment changed and ranged attack lands in the chatlog if that means anything atm.