フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Drk Resolution GS / Builds
Drk Resolution GS / Builds
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 50 51 52
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-29 17:03:52  
90 Vere against his 99 Ukon, on Pil, no deaths.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-05-29 17:05:53  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
90 Vere against his 99 Ukon, on Pil, no deaths.

Recently with Neo Nyzul stuff(Thaumas Set etc)? Because Vere MNKs are bad ***. I've been toasted by some no matter what I subbed. The DoT combined with ODD is just insane like I stated in a previous post.

Thaumas set just brings out more bad-assery when it comes to a good Vere MNK.

Bit off topic-
What is going to make you cringe is the 99 Vere I went against was absolute ***, a waste of heavy metal plates, and cost people an unnecessary amount of drama.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-29 17:07:31  
No, before neo nyzul.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-05-29 17:07:54  
No, before neo nyzul.

Best 2/3? :P
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-29 17:09:00  
It's not even a contest anymore, if he couldn't beat me then he can't now, especially since he sold his account and its not on Fenrir anymore.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-05-29 17:13:03  
It's not even a contest anymore, if he couldn't beat me then he can't now, especially since he sold his account and its not on Fenrir anymore.

Was wondering where he went, been gone 3 months. I guess it's still a trend to get a relic/mythic/empy and max it out and quit.

Selling it seemed a bit drastic unless he had a high buyer.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-29 17:14:27  
Was like 2500 I think.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-05-29 17:17:09  
Was like 2500 I think.

Okay I can see why he did that then. Could be a payment on a house/car or even pay for tuition. What I want to know is who would pay that much for a "dying" game. When I say dying I mean that things are slowing down and there is no sign of another expansion besides maor VW/Legion.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-29 17:18:57  
Generic on Quetz.
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-05-30 08:31:37  
So I was wondering about Valkyrie Sabatons versus Phorcys for a Ragnarok drk. Assuming situations where Acc/Atk are capped so neither the Accuracy on Phorcys nor the Attack on Valkyie matter, would the combined 3% Crit rate and 3% Crit damage beat out 3% DA? I know with 95 Ragnarok I have a little below 50% crit rate in VW (using the crit drink for haste because mages suck)
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-05-30 09:37:53  
Asura.Failaras said: »
So I was wondering about Valkyrie Sabatons versus Phorcys for a Ragnarok drk. Assuming situations where Acc/Atk are capped so neither the Accuracy on Phorcys nor the Attack on Valkyie matter, would the combined 3% Crit rate and 3% Crit damage beat out 3% DA? I know with 95 Ragnarok I have a little below 50% crit rate in VW (using the crit drink for haste because mages suck)

3da > 3crit rate/damage, its close though.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-06-03 21:19:39  

would bale+2 legs or ogiers be better only just got ogiers so havent had time to test them. Im not looking through 29 pages just for this lol.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-03 21:22:36  
Bale +2.
 Odin.Laausuu
サーバ: Odin
user: Laausuu
By Odin.Laausuu 2012-06-03 22:53:42  
As I don't want to read through the past 28 pages on this thread, this might be something that has already been answered:
Bale +2 or Whirlwind dirs for legs on Resolution set?
By Azmodan 2012-06-03 23:09:28  
If Ragnarok and Phorcey's Mitts I'd say Whirlwind Dirs, you don't lose the 15ATK from +2 and acc made up from the relic, and gain an additional +3% DA which couldn't hurt.

That's just how I see it at least, DRK doesn't really take too big of a hit from the 15ATK cause it just sort of pisses ATK all over the floor.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-06-03 23:11:11  
Whirlwind if everything's capped, otherwise Bale +2 iirc. Uncapped hitrate obviously favors Bale.
By LiandraLevi 2012-06-06 13:23:13  
What's the math between OATs GSWD vs. +10% WS damage?

Edit on TP+Resolution
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-06-07 04:05:42  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
40% OAT when you have 20% base DA is diminished in two ways. First, DA limits OAT's ability to proc since DA takes priority over OAT. As such, OAT is now only able to proc on the remaining 80% of your attack rounds. You can kind of think of it as resulting in 40*(1-0.2)=32% OAT, though it's not functionally accurate. You then also consider that its impact on your total hits/round is reduced both by the reduction in opportunities to proc and the increase in base hits/round. If we calculated hits/round in the order of initial hit, DA, and OAT, the gains from OAT with 20% DA would be (1+1*0.2+1*0.8*0.4)/(1+1*0.2)=1.266667=26.667%.

Ok so nearly done with my OAT. but after reading this wondering if i should swap out Pole Grip and/or Calmecac? Dont have Neo-Nyzul gear yet.

Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-06-11 03:10:49  
LiandraLevi said: »
What's the math between OATs GSWD vs. +10% WS damage?

Edit on TP+Resolution
Not even close. TP bonus actually beats WSD if you aren't pumping 300tp too often, but neither are in the same league as OAT.

It's Scythes that you encounter Entropy's pathetic fTP scaling resulting in WSD winning out.

100 TP bonus on Belt/Gorget Reso is 13.6%, while Entropy is only 9.8% (and 0% at 300tp).
 Ragnarok.Returner
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-06-11 07:45:13  
Been using this set but for some reason the result aren't very desirable last night against Ig-Alima. Was /war with food, I wasn't sure why I kept getting only 1 roll (Tactician) and no Chaos but still:

Averaged like 1600 on him for some odd reason (expected 2k+). All 5 fights dragged over 5 mins so not full buff for the duration of the fight.

Starting to think I might not have long enough castingdelay on my WS (using spellcast) and that the body takes a while to register, just my guess.

Any thoughts? Thank you.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-11 07:49:29  
What kind of food? did you always have agressor or DE up?
I can't guarantee you that you'r acc capped with that set.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-06-11 08:30:40  
RBC and Agressor up, SE first min, then DE after Agressor wore.

I used to do ace's mail + avant hands +1, however, that was when I was using OAT GS, so the loss of accuracy on those 2 pieces should be made up by Ragnarok. I do agree that perhaps the accuracy wasn't capped. Still think it is gear not register and I probably ended up WSing in TP set.

Highest was like 3.2k I think, and that's way below what I used to do on him. Usually during SE up I be spamming 4k one.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-11 08:56:31  
3.2k is'nt bad on Ig alima without chaos roll, next time you should try to TP in as much acc as you ws in, parse yourself and see if you'r capped on acc, just to make sure
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-06-13 22:34:42  
Ragnarok.Returner said: »
Starting to think I might not have long enough castingdelay on my WS (using spellcast) and that the body takes a while to register, just my guess.

Any thoughts? Thank you.
I think Spellcast will respect the order you list a set in as long as you're not pulling pieces from a base set, so as long as you don't have the body last on the set this shouldn't be happening. If you do have the body last, like if you just punched it in after you got it, that's definitely a possibility if you have more than 10 or so pieces in that set. If you use a baseset it will (or at least used to) waste time processing duplicate swaps, so if you have a Soil/Soil set that has a lot of the same items as your regular Multihit WS set but still lists it as a base set you could definitely run into that.

I'm not sure what the default pre-WS delay is, but it wouldn't hurt to add about 0.05-0.075 seconds to it.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-06-14 15:39:30  
Ragnarok.Returner said: »
Been using this set but for some reason the result aren't very desirable last night against Ig-Alima. Was /war with food, I wasn't sure why I kept getting only 1 roll (Tactician) and no Chaos but still:

Averaged like 1600 on him for some odd reason (expected 2k+). All 5 fights dragged over 5 mins so not full buff for the duration of the fight.

Any thoughts? Thank you.

Whats your base TP body? Phorcys body alone won't make a 25% difference in damage, esp on a 5hit WS.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-06-14 16:44:03  
Adaberk stp 5 DA 1 :/

I am thinking it is probably either an accuracy issue, or the fact that I for some reason didn't get chaos roll for all 5 fights.

Gears not swapping might be that it didn't register at all due to lag, tho I did see gear change /echo every time I WS and see the blink.

Not really sure what's the issue really... I am hoping it was due to missing chaos roll.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-06-14 17:20:22  
Diabolos.Raelia said: »
I think Spellcast will respect the order you list a set in as long as you're not pulling pieces from a base set, so as long as you don't have the body last on the set this shouldn't be happening.
It equips in a preset order.

Quote:
If you use a baseset it will (or at least used to) waste time processing duplicate swaps, so if you have a Soil/Soil set that has a lot of the same items as your regular Multihit WS set but still lists it as a base set you could definitely run into that.
That's very old, if it actually did that. The entire set is built and then it only sends equip commands for the pieces that need to be swapped in, not anything currently equipped or overwritten from baseset.

Quote:
I'm not sure what the default pre-WS delay is, but it wouldn't hurt to add about 0.05-0.075 seconds to it.
Really easy to figure out if you actually need to do this or not with some /ra testing.
 Bismarck.Coffeegood
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Coffeegood 2012-06-15 14:05:08  
Cerberus.Taint said: »
/sam is greater then /war. In the fastest zergs you'll be capped on attack the entire time making berzerk worthless. You shoudl also have fighters roll which lowers the DA value from /war. Add that to sekka, med and hasso if the fight last longer then 3min and /sam is a clear winner.
Capped on attack really? someone didnt see the 1400+ attk yet
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-06-15 14:09:17  
Bismarck.Coffeegood said: »
/sam is greater then /war. In the fastest zergs you'll be capped on attack the entire time making berzerk worthless. You shoudl also have fighters roll which lowers the DA value from /war. Add that to sekka, med and hasso if the fight last longer then 3min and /sam is a clear winner.

I assume he meant capped attack vs monster defense ratio. There's a threshhold that increasing your attack gives severely diminished returns.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/PDIF
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-06-15 14:19:10  
Bismarck.Coffeegood said: »

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/65632
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 50 51 52