フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Drk Resolution GS / Builds
Drk Resolution GS / Builds
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 50 51 52
 Leviathan.Frotaut
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Frotaut2
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2012-07-18 14:24:09  
Ok now the ? to me is, would this even be a viable set or am i better off going for a 5 hit /war build for nyzul.
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-07-18 14:24:24  
Yeah regain will compensate for any deficiencies, but if you doing stuff outside of VW/NN, you probably won't be 6 hitting.
 Leviathan.Frotaut
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Frotaut2
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2012-07-18 14:25:06  
i rarely play dark outside if i do it's messing around in abyssea /sam and there idc what my build is it's abyssea..
 Shiva.Ikutaki
サーバ: Shiva
user: Ikutaki
By Shiva.Ikutaki 2012-07-18 22:00:55  
Okay so I will admit I'm fairly nooby when it comes to building X-Hits for 2-Handers as I've mostly played 1-Hander/Dual Wield jobs.

I just finished my OAT GS for DRK and I was wanting to build it into a 6 hit /WAR. Only problem being that I don't really have access to E.Body or Phorcys stuff. So I'm wondering if it's really feasible to build a 6-Hit /WAR without that stuff or not?

This is something I threw together as sort of a VW starter but I think I'm still missing some STP for a true 6-Hit. If anyone could clarify/improve upon it I would really appreciate it. That or any advice at all would be immensely helpful.

By Solrain 2012-07-19 05:16:26  
You're good, just 1 STP in excess of a true 6-hit. You'll probably run into a bit of an acc problem on harder stuff though.
 Shiva.Ikutaki
サーバ: Shiva
user: Ikutaki
By Shiva.Ikutaki 2012-07-19 08:17:04  
Solrain said: »
You're good, just 1 STP in excess of a true 6-hit. You'll probably run into a bit of an acc problem on harder stuff though.

Awesome, thanks for clarifying. And yes accuracy was something I was worried about. My goal is to really get into more VW and land an Ace's Mail or Ogier's Surcoat. Anyway thanks for the assistance, much appreciated.
 Bismarck.Mephilas
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Mephilas
By Bismarck.Mephilas 2012-07-23 21:15:48  

I have a 6 hits and 26% haste with this set.
Which body should I use?

Phorcys
Bale +2
Askar ^^
Ace
Twilight

Was think Phorcys when acc is cap

Thx for help
 Fenrir.Leoheart
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-07-23 21:22:47  
Any neck suggestions for this set?
Portus comes to mind, Mala too.

Also would wrathwing nails + stp +6 armadaberk be optimal these days?

Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-24 11:52:23  
Bismarck.Mephilas said: »

I have a 6 hits and 26% haste with this set.
Which body should I use?

Phorcys
Bale +2
Askar ^^
Ace
Twilight

Was think Phorcys when acc is cap

Thx for help
If your accuracy is capped more than likely your attack is capped so Phorcys won't do anything. Askar > Bale +2 probably, sadly there aren't any good Drk bodies outside Ebody and Valkyrie so all those options blow.
 Quetzalcoatl.Cloudxx
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: avengerx
By Quetzalcoatl.Cloudxx 2012-07-25 09:12:58  
Can anyone tell me if resolution is aligned to soil gorget?
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-07-25 09:16:42  
Quetzalcoatl.Cloudxx said: »
Can anyone tell me if resolution is aligned to soil gorget?

Great Sword weapon skill
■ Skill Level: 357
■ Description: Delivers a fivefold attack. Damage varies with TP.
■ In order to obtain Resolution, the quest Martial Mastery must be completed.
■This Weapon Skill's first hit fTP is duplicated for all additional hits.
■ Resolution has an attack penalty of -8%.
■ Aligned with the Breeze Gorget, Thunder Gorget & Soil Gorget.
■ Aligned with the Breeze Belt, Thunder Belt & Soil Belt.

Properties
■Element: None
■Skillchain Properties: Fragmentation/Scission
■Modifiers: STR 20~100%, depending on merit points ugrades.
■Damage Multipliers by TP:
 Quetzalcoatl.Cloudxx
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: avengerx
By Quetzalcoatl.Cloudxx 2012-07-25 09:21:23  
thx taint
 Asura.Yoyou
user: poff
By Asura.Yoyou 2012-07-25 17:53:25  
Cerberus.Taint said: »
Fenrir.Kut said: »
So... I've been away for a while but I came across this set from a friend that I thought was interesting

Thoughts?

Fodder comes to mind.

Why? Phorcys salade to replace Bale Burg. +2 gives you a 7 hit build and capped haste.
If we account VWNM Mars's over Tyrant's and Schuhs over Ace's , aggressor , food and stalwart should cap your accuracy on almost every VWNM or am I missing something?
By Alpheus 2012-07-25 18:34:50  
I believe if you switch to Phorcys Head you give up Bale's Dbl Atk and the 2/5 AF3 set bonus that could possibly proc during TP phase. Also w/ the body slot by aiming for an augmented Armada Hauberk it becomes:
Porthos w/ its Haste +5% TA+2% and Atk+10 vs. Armada's Acc and Atk+10 its various base stat bonuses (specifically STR) and then its possible augments of DA+3% and Store TP+6 and a possible but even more random STR augment as well. As such the haste you lose by switching from porthos to E body can be made up by switching out Windbuffet to a haste belt.

Basically changing up the gear I mentioned should give better performance against higher level targets than Porthos/Windbuffet/PhorcysHead would by increasing how much STR you have available and Accuracy (Legion targets mostly). For those reasons I believe that is why Taint said Fodder comes to mind.

Granted I'm not as informed as the regulars in this thread so it's possible I didn't account for something (or that I'm completely wrong) but from what little I know this is the argument that could be made against the set you posted utilizing the Porthos Byrnie.

If I am wrong then I apologize beforehand for being so. I normally just lurk here.

EDIT: None of the above is to say any of those items you listed in the Porthos set are completely useless I was simply doing my best to detail the reasons why Taint said Fodder comes to mind.
 Asura.Yoyou
By Asura.Yoyou 2012-07-25 19:13:50  
Alpheus said: »
I believe if you switch to Phorcys Head you give up Bale's Dbl Atk and the 2/5 AF3 set bonus that could possibly proc during TP phase. Also w/ the body slot by aiming for an augmented Armada Hauberk it becomes:
Porthos w/ its Haste +5% TA+2% and Atk+10 vs. Armada's Acc and Atk+10 its various base stat bonuses (specifically STR) and then its possible augments of DA+3% and Store TP+6 and a possible but even more random STR augment as well. As such the haste you lose by switching from porthos to E body can be made up by switching out Windbuffet to a haste belt.

Basically changing up the gear I mentioned should give better performance against higher level targets than Porthos/Windbuffet/PhorcysHead would by increasing how much STR you have available and Accuracy (Legion targets mostly). For those reasons I believe that is why Taint said Fodder comes to mind.

Granted I'm not as informed as the regulars in this thread so it's possible I didn't account for something (or that I'm completely wrong) but from what little I know this is the argument that could be made against the set you posted utilizing the Porthos Byrnie.

If I am wrong then I apologize beforehand for being so. I normally just lurk here.

EDIT: None of the above is to say any of those items you listed in the Porthos set are completely useless I was simply doing my best to detail the reasons why Taint said Fodder comes to mind.

Well I've another set which is made around armada, never done Legion till now and probably still wont for a long time but I'm curious to see how this perfoms against VWNM where temps are at the base of fight.

I even miss a Mala and my Ragnarok is still 75 and probably will be for alot more (lazy as a sheep), so I cannot test it myself.

A friend in Ls got me to this set , so I'd like to know if a set which focus on multiple attacks per round would outparse a set made around armada
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-07-25 19:15:45  
Asura.Yoyou said: »
So... I've been away for a while but I came across this set from a friend that I thought was interesting

Thoughts?

Fodder comes to mind.

Why? Phorcys salade to replace Bale Burg. +2 gives you a 7 hit build and capped haste.
If we account VWNM Mars's over Tyrant's and Schuhs over Ace's , aggressor , food and stalwart should cap your accuracy on almost every VWNM or am I missing something?

If I were to hazard a guess, I would say because it is too reliant on outside sources of Acc.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-07-26 08:30:40  
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
Asura.Yoyou said: »

Thoughts?

Fodder comes to mind.

If I were to hazard a guess, I would say because it is too reliant on outside sources of Acc.

Exactly the difference between the best DDs in a battle and the rest is generally hit rate. People stack QA/TA/DA to the moon and forget about how important your raw hit rate is.
[+]
 Bismarck.Yor
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Yor 2012-07-26 12:21:40  
Exactly the difference between the best DDs in a battle and the rest is generally hit rate. People stack QA/TA/DA to the moon and forget about how important your raw hit rate is.

However in VWNM with atmas , food, temps and aggressor your accuracy shouldn't fall under 90% anyway.
I'm not a fun or phortos byrnie but I'd like to see eventually results if possible.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-07-26 13:01:38  
Bismarck.Yor said: »

However in VWNM with atmas , food, temps and aggressor your accuracy shouldn't fall under 90% anyway.
I'm not a fun or phortos byrnie but I'd like to see eventually results if possible.

That is exactly the problem. Dropping from 95% to 90%(or less) is a big difference maker.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-27 03:23:01  
Hit rate should only be an issue on T6 VWNMs, suprisingly I find the opposite happens in that people stack Accuracy to the moon for things that you could cap Accuracy on using -Accuracy gear in every slot making them severely underperform.

What I'm trying to say is know how to gear for the event you are doing, posting 1 gear set and asking "is this good?" will get you no where because there are like 5 different events people do right now and every one of those requires something different.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-07-27 10:27:32  
Asura.Failaras said: »
Hit rate should only be an issue on T6 VWNMs, suprisingly I find the opposite happens in that people stack Accuracy to the moon for things that you could cap Accuracy on using -Accuracy gear in every slot making them severely underperform.

What I'm trying to say is know how to gear for the event you are doing, posting 1 gear set and asking "is this good?" will get you no where because there are like 5 different events people do right now and every one of those requires something different.

You are much much better off stacking ACC then DA/TA/QA especially since 99% of the player base uses 1 TP set and 1 WS.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-27 13:22:37  

You are much much better off stacking ACC then DA/TA/QA especially since 99% of the player base uses 1 TP set and 1 WS.
Completely depends what events you actually do, also the goal would be to get people to stop using 1 TP set and 1 WS set and not try to encourage it.
 Asura.Wilbert
user: Wilbert
By Asura.Wilbert 2012-07-28 00:59:20  
Hey guys whats up, I have a quick question I have been using Valk. Breastplate to WS in with the 3% triple atk. I just got Phorcys Korazin, my question is which one would be the better body for Resolution, or would it be situational like a lot of gear. I just wanna say thanks in advance for any answers.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-28 01:00:15  
Phorcys...
 Asura.Wilbert
user: Wilbert
By Asura.Wilbert 2012-07-28 01:05:09  
Alright cool cool thanks for your answer ^^\.
By amadis 2012-07-30 12:55:14  
ok so i have looked through this topic alot trying to figure out what are the best DRK TP/WS sets without useing any Neo-Nyzul gear or gear that is out of my reach. I dont want to make any x-hit builds as i use Coercion in VW and most other things i use DRK for would be with Embrava I have came up with the following sets looking for some feedback:

TP Vs. low evasion

wich is the best of the 3 sets? or is there something i am missing out?

TP Vs. high evasion

is this TP set going overbord for stuff like Ig, Rex & Provenance? with full buffs would i need this much accuracy?

Torcleaver

Resolution

feet have STR+4 and attack+4 i dont have feet from Pil ; ;
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-31 08:49:44  
For TP vs low evasion try this: assuming you only have options to those items and don't want to think about x-hitting. Jingang are pretty cheap now also. You only need 13% haste to cap with LR up and most fights you are going to be atk/acc capped on won't last 4 minutes so it's fine to plan for having LR up the entire fight. With the Haste+5% atmacite you can drop even more haste but Calmecac/Bale+2 head are both amazing and cover haste pretty well.

For resolution, heafoc for low eva targets, looks pretty good assuming no Phorcys/Pil Feet.

Taint can probably talk about your high eva build, I don't do those fights enough to know how much accuracy is to much.
 Ragnarok.Evihime
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2012-07-31 12:12:52  

Im expin DRK soon, this is what I have ready for TP, any advice?
By amadis 2012-07-31 18:33:28  
You only need 13% haste to cap with LR up

i thougt LR was JA haste and seperate from gear haste >.>
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-07-31 18:39:23  
It is, but if you cap gear, magic, and JA haste you'll exceed the total delay reduction cap.
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 50 51 52