Stuff
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-08-22 17:56:46  
Fake Person said:
Uh, have you even used Entropy, or even saw it being used? lol

I am going on a hunch since Urteil has both Ragnarok and Apocalypse, and both Resolution and Entropy, that they may have seen them being used once or twice.

Uh, have you even used Resolution, or even saw it being used? lol
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-08-22 18:10:09  
This thread, I like it.
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-08-22 18:21:12  
entropy is terrible
[+]
 Diabolos.Yugl
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2012-08-22 18:22:42  
I wish he had mispelled that better. Move the unnecessary 'h' to th left three spaces and you get En-trophy!
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2012-08-22 18:36:40  
IDK if he's serious or just trolling everyone....

Entropy can be made to work, definitely strongest WS for Scyths. Compared to Res it's far behind, just SE being derp that's all.
 Diabolos.Raelia
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-08-22 18:45:55  
Entropy is bad, but Stardiver is good.

FFXI logic.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-22 19:54:45  
Fake Person said:
Exactly, at least someone did some research before posting.
You saying this after claiming that scythe damage is "way better" than greatswords is rather contradictory. You'd have to invest in a Liberator to even get on the same tier, which is an extraordinarily disproportionate investment right now. If you're putting relatively equal effort into each weapon class then it's greatsword that's doing "way better".
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-22 19:57:32  
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-08-22 20:02:42  
I didn't think he was serious...
 Carbuncle.Limlight
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Limlight
By Carbuncle.Limlight 2012-08-22 20:20:21  
always enjoy viewing this thread
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-08-22 20:50:48  
Fake Person said:
Uh, have you even used Entropy, or even saw it being used? lol

***, the *** is Entropy?

Is it a salad?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-22 21:10:44  
I didnt see the second i until just now

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-08-22 21:21:10  
I noticed it when he said to use a scythe, but I was playing PS3 so I was too lazy to post.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-22 22:12:35  
0 posts and posting on a username rather than an xi account while real Eike is off posting from his xi account elsewhere gave it away, which is why I didn't say anything sooner, but /shrug. Curious who it actually is.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-08-24 00:23:20  
Seriously people... Wow. I have a legit stalker (Real Eike btw.. This has my Odin tag). Wtf is with people these days... ><
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-08-24 00:28:35  
Taken care of. Please continue thread.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2012-08-24 08:54:09  
Diabolos.Raelia said: »

FFXI logic.

Same fTP but different mods.

Problem is INT mod doesn't often go on gear with DA / +fTP / Atk / Acc where as STR does.

Take something like the Meki-Oto +1 for example.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10869/mekira-oto-1

Absolutely amazing WS piece for anything with STR. Also has the side effect of raising your fTP by 0.1 if the day is aligned with your WS. As these WS's copy fTp that is a rather large increase in damage. INT use's would have to use the Twilight Helm instead.

That's just one example, there are others. So while DRK can get plenty of "INT" gear, it comes by sacrificing some of the stats that a STR WS would get. Plus as an Elvann DRK/WAR with 12 STR merits, my base STR is 35 points higher then my base INT. INT is just a sh1tty mod for melee DD's.
 Cerberus.Detzu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-08-24 12:29:08  
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »

FFXI logic.

Problem is INT mod doesn't often go on gear with DA / +fTP / Atk / Acc where as STR does.

Take something like the Meki-Oto +1 for example.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10869/mekira-oto-1

Absolutely amazing WS piece for anything with STR. Also has the side effect of raising your fTP by 0.1 if the day is aligned with your WS. As these WS's copy fTp that is a rather large increase in damage. INT use's would have to use the Twilight Helm instead.

That's just one example, there are others. So while DRK can get plenty of "INT" gear, it comes by sacrificing some of the stats that a STR WS would get. Plus as an Elvann DRK/WAR with 12 STR merits, my base STR is 35 points higher then my base INT. INT is just a sh1tty mod for melee DD's.

Plus there's no real reason for entropy to have an INT mod since the mp are not aspired but converted.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-08-24 17:47:31  

FFXI logic.

etc.
Uh, you realize who you're explaining this to right?

Elvaan has the lowest INT. Way to load that up in your favor.

0.4 fTP 37.5% of the time is interesting, but not when you're using Twilight or Drachenhorn for your INT and Attack instead. A conditional bonus is just that: Conditional.

Fun fact, the difference in WSC from INT vs STR in one's WS set on DRK is less than the base damage difference between equivalent-grade weapons. That argument fails.

You could argue higher STR values on pieces like Ace's Mail, and I can argue better applicability with the Accuracy on Twilight Mail.

And then we can get into how an Apoc DRK is gonna have an INT set for Catastrophe anyway.

Fact of the matter is, bashing Entropy is a goddamn fad when it's at least equivalent to Stardiver and gives a DRK INFINITE FECKING MP.

But now to keep up the Entropy-bashing charade you'll attempt to illustrate the uselessness of MP on DRK when in meathead-DD-Onry mode.

Fact of the matter is Entropy doesn't compete with Resolution, but that does not put it in some ***-tier category like the idea that seems to fly about. It is adequate, and Reso is for the pure-damage ideal. Cuts both ways because if you wanted to only deal damage you should just switch to WAR.

Right now I see more difference in damage between GS and Scythe coming from hitbuild headroom (Scythe is stuck at 5-hit, OAT GS is now swinging 5-hits, and 4-hit is a serious stretch for the former) and buff proliferation in events like Voidwatch than from simple Entropy vs. Resolution comparisons.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-24 17:56:18  

[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2012-08-24 18:03:21  
Haha laughing. Rae just can't let his Rag hate go.

I never mentioned MP ... ever. Just that INT as a mod sucks. You can try to support it all you want, but it's pretty plain how bad it is.

Your right Entropy doesn't compete with Resolution, it gets destroyed by it. It doesn't compete with Stardiver either, gets destroyed by that as well. It competes with ... Upheaval.

Meki is +0.1 fTP on 3/8 of the days, no idea where u got 0.4 from. Would go from 0.95 to 1.05 or a 10.52% damage increase but only on those days. So about a 3.91% overall damage increase, nothing stellar but when your already getting 30 Attack and 13.6 WSD from it, well it's just icing on the cake.

I believe I mentioned that Entropy was the best Scyth WS so obviously it's good. Yet it could of been so much better. Trying to say it's somehow great ... or white knighting it (seriously your a dark knight, why the hell you WK'ing it), it just seems a bit desperate.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-24 18:05:56  
Entropy was the best Scythe WS

Not like that's a hard metric to beat ...

It's like that time I got an A+ in a class with a 47 average because the next highest average was a 22.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2012-08-24 18:14:54  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Entropy was the best Scythe WS

Not like that's a hard metric to beat ...

It's like that time I got an A+ in a class with a 47 average because the next highest average was a 22.

I like to give credit where credit is due. It would be a good WS if it's mod wasn't INT. Having an INT mod makes it a mediocre WS for DRK's who need to refill their MP.

But just wait. In a moment he'll tell us how it's great cause it lets him solo level 75 content. That if you want damage you should bring a WAR and that DRK's should be used to solo content.
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 50 51 52