users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Drakesbane help
Drakesbane help
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-28 02:28:38  
Fenrir.Minjo said: »
That's a gross (and inaccurate) oversimplification of how WS damage is calculated. fTP is only one piece of a multi-step formula, and STR has the capacity to be calculated simultaneously on several of these steps.

I don't mean that to be rude, I just don't know how else to put it.

If you want to learn how to calculate WS damage, start here. The formula in that link assumes that you already understand how fTP, WSC, fSTR(2, if applicable), weapon rank, cRatio, and pDIF work. Considering I'm rather certain that's not the case, you can use it as a means to learning how each individual branch works.

http://www.freewebs.com/vzx-01/dmgcalc.htm
[+]
 Fenrir.Thandar
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2012-07-28 09:49:54  
Would Heca hands +1 not be in there?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-28 10:04:38  
Fenrir.Minjo said: »
That's a gross (and inaccurate) oversimplification of how WS damage is calculated. fTP is only one piece of a multi-step formula, and STR has the capacity to be calculated simultaneously on several of these steps.

I don't mean that to be rude, I just don't know how else to put it.

If you want to learn how to calculate WS damage, start here. The formula in that link assumes that you already understand how fTP, WSC, fSTR(2, if applicable), weapon rank, cRatio, and pDIF work. Considering I'm rather certain that's not the case, you can use it as a means to learning how each individual branch works.

Alternative, easy to follow write up where everything is step by step in one place.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2012-07-28 15:17:41  
Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Odin.Drgg said: »
Stardiver > Drakesbane </thread>

>_>

That's my IDEAL Drakesbane set. Granted I don't have the mythic (unless I get rank 1 gobbie prize). :/
Everything else I do have though. And since Drgg mentioned Stardiver,

And TP set

As others have mentioned before, Drakesbane does have a 19% attack penalty. So, unless you have Mythic, best to save Drakesbane for abyssea. :/

AF3+2 Hands, Drachenhorn and Wannion Belt are better I believe for Drakes. Although you did show it with a Ryuno so maybe not.
By Ophannus 2012-07-28 18:18:47  
Drakes is also not a bad option for solo. If you have OAT or both Jumps are up, you can Drakes>Star into Gravitation, or I think someone was saying you could do like Sonic>Drakes>Star or something into Darkness, might have gotten those confused but there was a 3 step Dark SC or something somebody posted a while ago, could be feasible in lowman zerg.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-07-28 19:13:43  
Star>Sonic>Star=Darkness.

Drakes>Sonic>Star=darkness.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-07-29 01:57:40  
Siren.Ihm said: »

>_>

That's my IDEAL Drakesbane set. Granted I don't have the mythic (unless I get rank 1 gobbie prize). :/
Everything else I do have though. And since Drgg mentioned Stardiver,

And TP set

As others have mentioned before, Drakesbane does have a 19% attack penalty. So, unless you have Mythic, best to save Drakesbane for abyssea. :/

AF3+2 Hands, Drachenhorn and Wannion Belt are better I believe for Drakes. Although you did show it with a Ryuno so maybe not.

I'd like to know how Drachenhorn would be better. :x Also, the hell is a Wannion Belt? The hands, maybe... But you do get bonus stats for wearing two Phorycs pieces. And the Phorycs hands have atk+ rather than the acc+.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2012-07-29 07:19:37  

>_>

I'd like to know how Drachenhorn would be better. :x Also, the hell is a Wannion Belt? The hands, maybe... But you do get bonus stats for wearing two Phorycs pieces. And the Phorycs hands have atk+ rather than the acc+.

Attack +5% and STR/DEX, Wannion Belt is a STR/DEX 8 belt, and AF3+2 have STR/DEX. Crits and ***or whatever.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-07-29 15:07:04  

Wannion Belt is not even showing up in searches. Would you mind spelling it right? >_>
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2012-07-29 15:07:49  

Wannion Belt is not even showing up in searches. Would you mind spelling it right? >_>

wanion belt...
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-07-29 15:15:16  
Well, see, now that I can actually see the status rather than typing two "n"s. And here's the thing.

If you focus on dex/crit+, you get more spiked DMG.

If you focus on STR/Atk+, you get more consistent damage.

That's my thoughts on that.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2012-07-30 07:33:56  
Well, see, now that I can actually see the status rather than typing two "n"s. And here's the thing.

Isn't that the other way around? The more crit you have the more often you crit, making the high damage more consistent, where as if your crit rate is low then you'll see more random spikes.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-07-30 07:39:21  

Isn't that the other way around? The more crit you have the more often you crit, making the high damage more consistent, where as if your crit rate is low then you'll see more random spikes.

You are factoring in the 19% attack penalty, right? And I'll parse ADLx5(ish) tonight. The WS set I posted is our mythic DRG's WS set.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-07-30 07:41:54  
You guys are seriously talking dDEX in a WS set with 4DEX before Wanion?
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2012-07-30 07:42:36  

You are factoring in the 19% attack penalty, right? And I'll parse ADLx5(ish) tonight. The WS set I posted is our mythic DRG's WS set.

You have to remember the difference in STR and Attack on your set and my suggested replacements is pretty small in comparison with the difference in DEX.

Mine has 9 less STR, 62 less attack (But does have the 5% bonus from the head) and 20 more DEX. And it has 7% more DA, not that it maters with the AM.

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
You guys are seriously talking dDEX in a WS set with 4DEX before Wanion?

I was talking about 3 pieces to replace not just one.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-08-01 19:56:57  
Augmented Huginn Gambieras would be the best Drakes feet. period. Getting them though... well, GL.

Augmented Heca mitts +1 are decent, with max augments. Probly best used in abyssea. I think I'd stick to lancer+2 or phorcys outside.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2012-08-02 07:34:28  

That's my set for Drakes, it's not like you have to go completly out of your way and annihilate your STR to get another 16 DEX, and yeah, thats OAT Polearm, so ignore the weapon and grip.

I can't say I've really math'd it myself but I've compaired various sets including the ones Mizu said using the DRG Calculator (I can't remember who made it) and my set comes out better >.>.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2012-08-03 07:22:56  
Meld said: »

That's my set for Drakes, it's not like you have to go completly out of your way and annihilate your STR to get another 16 DEX, and yeah, thats OAT Polearm, so ignore the weapon and grip.

I can't say I've really math'd it myself but I've compaired various sets including the ones Mizu said using the DRG Calculator (I can't remember who made it) and my set comes out better >.>.

i'm only in this thread for ryunohige damage but i'll mention a setup dex build should be sought for with it. i noticed a minute ago that the boost-dex from whm's can cap at 25+ with 500 enhancing magic or so and there's several things you can do to lower the mobs agi such as the new +12 dex attributes/impact/frost. i mean having all these spells 'should' be at your disposal in most events.

also i noticed Kumarbi's Akar has +5 crit rate on it. duno how i feel about it. but then i hear going that route has diminishing returns so i duno if this is moot or not.

No body will beat Phorcys due to the massive damage bonus. I did miss Drachenhorn though, since I don't have it yet~ And you could change the Heca feet for the Legion augmented ones which the name of I can't remember.
 Ragnarok.Haorhu
user: haorhu
By Ragnarok.Haorhu 2012-08-16 10:39:19  
i will use this for drakesbane : http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/264950 good,no ?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-16 10:50:23  
Ragnarok.Haorhu said: »
i will use this for drakesbane : good, no?
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2012-08-16 11:20:49  
Get the moonshade earring with bonus tp, and use brutal.
I would go with a rancorous mantle, and a wanion belt.
Make sure those heca feet are augmented with str and polearm skills.

Edit : And af3+2 hands.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [69 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2012-10-24 22:25:34  

current drakebane set.

not sure what to change in it. hands have crit dmg+3% and acc+6.
feet STR+3 and pole+4, not sure if drachenhorn is worth getting even though my luck with it is horrible.

positive feedback appreciated.
By Avitori 2012-10-24 22:37:02  
Sylph.Sukasaroth said: »

current drakebane set.

not sure what to change in it. hands have crit dmg+3% and acc+6.
feet STR+3 and pole+4, not sure if drachenhorn is worth getting even though my luck with it is horrible.

positive feedback appreciated.

Huginn Gambieras with +10 Crit Dmg for feet.
-
Prosilio Belt for Waist.
-
Phorcys Hands.
-
Everything else is ok.

Also, don't use drachenhorn unless you want people to make fun of you. I have one myself and barely use it. I believe it's good for some things (PLD I think), it really isn't that great.
[+]
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2012-10-24 22:39:22  
i should have mentioned i dont have ryu yet but im working on it. will that be a factor in my setup?
By Avitori 2012-10-24 22:42:46  
I would probably use Stardiver in that case. Thinking about making Ryunohige myself.
[+]
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2012-10-24 22:47:01  
My stardiver set is in the other thread, also are any of the lv99 buyable Polearms better than vougiers? i still use that.
By Avitori 2012-10-24 22:48:41  
Not sure on that one :P
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-24 22:49:55  
Patientia.