Asura.Lolserj
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-06-03 23:03:42  
Sylph.Nephriel said: »
Asura.Lolserj said: »
Bumping this thread to see if anyone has been paying attention to Avacyn >:

Yes :O so many things I want for my EDH deck.

I still dont really get EDH D:
By mortontony1 2012-06-04 14:26:47  
EDH is really fun I recommend it. Glad to see this thread is still alive! I recently got the Demons Vs. Devine duel decks for graduation, and I gotta say, they're really badass.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Nephriel
サーバ: Sylph
user: Nephriel
By Sylph.Nephriel 2012-06-04 14:41:35  
mortontony1 said: »
EDH is really fun I recommend it. Glad to see this thread is still alive! I recently got the Demons Vs. Devine duel decks for graduation, and I gotta say, they're really badass.

My EDH general is the duel deck Akroma (its a tribal angel deck hence why Avacyn Restored has so much I want). Its so gorgeous. Unless I replace her with Avacyn (who I don't have yet). That indestructibility is pretty sweet.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-06-04 15:24:37  

is that the one that comes with a tutor?
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-06-04 15:26:11  
EDH is what, Legendary General, Can only tap for mana in the general's CMC and only one of each card in a deck with an odd ban list right?
 Sylph.Nephriel
By Sylph.Nephriel 2012-06-04 15:28:05  
Can't use cards that have costs that are not in the general's colors. But otherwise yeah pretty much, except for basic lands.
By mortontony1 2012-06-04 15:29:05  

is that the one that comes with a tutor?
EDH is what, Legendary General, Can only tap for mana in the general's CMC and only one of each card in a deck with an odd ban list right?

Yeah has alternate art tutor. EDH is a 100 card singleton deck comprised only of colors that your commander has. Some other things like command zone and crap like that but meh.
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2012-06-04 15:29:19  
100 card singleton (except basic lands)
40 life to start
There's a point system about if your commander deals damage etc too
The other thing is that your commander doesn't start in the deck, and you choose if he goes to graveyard, or back to "commander zone" if he's removed from play. You can pay his normal cost to get him out of commander zone first time. Second time it's double, third is triple, etc. (see below)
Linky for the lazies
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-06-04 15:30:14  
Can't use cards that have costs that are not in the general's colors. But otherwise yeah pretty much, except for basic lands.

what about hybrid cards?

Say like my genral is idk white blue and green or something

and i want

in my deck
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-06-04 15:32:38  
is an EDH deck generally cheaper, more expensive, or about the same to make?

I mean i know like a bant deck (with a normal 60 card deck) would cost a lot due to 4 of

which cost 25 bucks a piece >.>

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Nephriel
By Sylph.Nephriel 2012-06-04 15:35:46  
Jeez still that much for her? And I don't I think hybrid symbols work. I had a

in my mono white deck and someone took issue.

It can be expensive depending on how you build it. If you want a bunch of OP old cards itll be expensive, but otherwise it isn't that bad (compared to like standard or some other competitive deck).
By mortontony1 2012-06-04 15:36:29  
From what I understand hybrids you would have to choose one or the other, you couldn't do red/white unless it required red, white, and another of your choice. Also the 'second time it's double, etc' I thought it just added 2 colorless to castings cost each time?
[+]
 Sylph.Nephriel
By Sylph.Nephriel 2012-06-04 15:41:47  
From what I understand hybrids you would have to choose one or the other, you couldn't do red/white unless it required red, white, and another of your choice. Also the 'second time it's double, etc' I thought it just added 2 colorless to castings cost each time?

yeah double would be nuts.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-06-04 15:42:00  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
I believe your commander has to be a legendary creature, so Figure of Destiny wouldn't work. (But yes hybrid card would let you play both colors)

no i meant if the commander was white blue green and you wanted the Figure of destiny in your deck
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2012-06-04 15:42:40  
@ serj:
1:You can have that hybrid card as long as it doesn't have any icons that your commander doesn't. So if your Commander is blue/white and the card is blue white, it works. If your card is blue white and has a red icon in the text, no good.

2:Since there's no set limit, you can use any cards you own, and don't have to pick from the newest expansions only. I think they call that "open"? You technically don't have to buy a single card if your card pool is diverse enough
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-06-04 15:42:43  
So what would be a good Commander deck to make? >.>
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-06-04 15:43:19  
Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow said: »
@ serj:
1:You can have that hybrid card as long as it doesn't have any icons that your commander doesn't. So if your Commander is blue/white and the card is blue white, it works. If your card is blue white and has a red icon in the text, no good.

2:Since there's no set limit, you can use any cards you own, and don't have to pick from the newest expansions only. I think they call that "open"? You technically don't have to buy a single card if your card pool is diverse enough

Isn't Emrakul banned?
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2012-06-04 15:44:28  

yeah double would be nuts.
I stand corrected: Linky
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2012-06-04 15:45:27  
So what would be a good Commander deck to make? >.>

That's the thing, go make whatever the frak you want. Or you can buy one of these and go from there.
 Sylph.Nephriel
By Sylph.Nephriel 2012-06-04 15:45:27  
Heres the deck building rules. I didn't know the rules text counted for general colors :O

http://mtgcommander.net/rules.php

Ninja'd D:
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-06-04 15:50:08  
I'm just not sure what sort of decks work well in EDH
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2012-06-04 15:50:24  
@ serj:

Isn't Emrakul banned?
I have no idea. RTFR
Read
The
F
Rules
 Sylph.Nephriel
By Sylph.Nephriel 2012-06-04 15:55:17  

Its mostly just a fun format where cool legendary creatures get to shine and you can play more high mana cost cards than usually get played in other formats. Find a general or mechanic you find fun and build around that and throw in some epic cards.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-06-04 15:58:06  
@ serj:

Isn't Emrakul banned?
I have no idea. RTFR
Read
The
F
Rules

yeah i checked, its an odd ban list lol
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-06-04 15:58:35  

Its mostly just a fun format where cool legendary creatures get to shine and you can play more high mana cost cards than usually get played in other formats. Find a general or mechanic you find fun and build around that and throw in some epic cards.

hmm i might look at some cards in a minute...
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2012-06-04 16:03:07  
I'm surprised something like this isn't on that banned list!
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12