Borealis on DRK
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-01-28 10:15:25  
Odin.Sheelay said: »
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Does anybody really know exactly what the add effect on Borealis does anyways?

Last I checked from DRKs who got it, it enhances the "Feels good man!" effect.

I'm just kinda suprised we have'nt seen any fun screenshots from procs yet :P
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2012-01-30 11:55:12  
yah a friend from pheonix said they was cranking out 11k res in aby... mine does good but wtf... 11k...
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: StanDarsh
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2012-01-30 12:21:21  
SS or gtfo
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2012-01-30 12:43:41  
What atmas are you using to pop the 11k? , just curious.
By volkom 2012-01-30 12:44:48  
Could be apoc/vv/griffins
 Ragnarok.Returner
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-01-30 13:09:30  
I am not surprised by the damage since Resolution can easily put up 3-5k number in abyssea, which means that the occasional severe WS damage is probably x2 or something. However, I am more interested in the rate. If it is something like 10-15%, it could be devastating since each one of those procs would be like 2 WSs.
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2012-01-30 18:40:14  
she didnt say how offten proc, ill have to ask next time we talk, however i personaly thought she was blowing asmoke up my a$$
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-01-30 18:46:18  
Leviathan.Kuryomi said: »
yah a friend from pheonix said they was cranking out 11k res in aby... mine does good but wtf... 11k...

Iron Clad Smiter/Mic(Corse NM Tahrongi) doesn't count D:
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2012-01-30 19:22:34  
idk the mobs either, she made it sound like a normaly thing. Mine does 4.5-7k on a normale basis and 3-4k outa aby. So mine is pretty decent but i was staggered when i heard 11k. I didnt see how it was possible other then on mobs that take double dmg... so yeah i was kinda wqondering if that was the case.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-01-30 19:29:03  
idk the mobs either, she made it sound like a normaly thing. Mine does 4.5-7k on a normale basis and 3-4k outa aby. So mine is pretty decent but i was staggered when i heard 11k. I didnt see how it was possible other then on mobs that take double dmg... so yeah i was kinda wqondering if that was the case.

I had people spew that nonsense, turned out it was on Iron Clad Smiter. I won't name names but we had this total idiot on our server talking crap lol. "Ruinator breaks 11k *** everything else, etc, etc"
Just total eyeballing, and ignorance about damage bonuses. I'd ask into it it had to have been a Qutrub, Corse NM in Tahrongi canyon or ironclad smiter. 8k Is possible on a force crit if the target has that much HP (Mighty Strikes)

I don't think a DRK can spike Resolution that high without a rare quad attack, max attack buffs and souleater/full HP
 Leviathan.Phenomena
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-01-30 19:31:44  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

I had people spew that nonsense, turned out it was on Iron Clad Smiter. I won't name names but we had this total idiot on our server talking crap lol. "Ruinator breaks 11k *** everything else, etc, etc"
Just total eyeballing, and ignorance about damage bonuses. I'd ask into it it had to have been a Qutrub, Corse NM in Tahrongi canyon or ironclad smiter. 8k Is possible on a force crit if the target has that much HP (Mighty Strikes)

I don't think a DRK can spike Resolution that high without a rare quad attack, max attack buffs and souleater/full HP

what about 2 DA procs? or a DA and TA proc?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-01-30 19:45:51  
Leviathan.Phenomena said: »

it would have to be closer to 7k-8k Ideally I don't see it spiking 11k on a normal monster.
 Phoenix.Bomber
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-01-30 20:25:20  

it would have to be closer to 7k-8k Ideally I don't see it spiking 11k on a normal monster.
So the double attack +10 Greatsword could be good?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-01-30 20:30:18  
Phoenix.Bomber said: »

With the effort I believe OaT would be better.

So the double attack +10 Greatsword could be good?

With the effort it takes I'd do OaT which would be better because of Weaponskill frequency imo.
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-01-31 11:52:07  
Ragnarok.Jajabiondina said: »
Speaking of which, i got scythe from ig the other day, any use for it?
Best Abyssea DRK/MNK RR/GH/RL weapon if you bothered to 5/5 Entropy.

It's an upgrade from Twilight at least if you have nothing else.

Also, Atma of Echoes is hawt.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-02-06 21:20:27  
時々ウェポンスキル大ダメージは発動率8%前後で、ダメージが1.5倍になる

That's according to JP testing, meaning the occasional severe WS damage is about 8% proc rate and 150% damage.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-06 22:18:04  
Ragnarok.Returner said: »

That's according to JP testing, meaning the occasional severe WS damage is about 8% proc rate and 150% damage.

wait adds 150% or just adds 50%?
 Phoenix.Bomber
user: Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-02-06 22:28:16  
Diabolos.Raelia said: »

Which atma is RL?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-06 22:34:34  
Phoenix.Bomber said: »
Diabolos.Raelia said: »

Which atma is RL?

Roaring Laughter, think it adds counter+
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-02-06 23:10:04  
ad

add 50%
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-06 23:20:17  
ad

add 50%

50% WSDMG isn't shabby. Even if it is 8% of the time.
By Blazed1979 2012-02-14 21:51:42  
50% wsdmg on a DA proc with SE and full hp.... I can see 11k Resolutions occurring in Abyssea.
Already seen 6k Resolutions in Abyssea from 90 Calad. not on ironsmiter, think it was either turul or amhuluk.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-14 22:24:23  
I already see resolutions over 6k outside of abyssea, should be able to hit quite a bit higher inside.