Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 841 842 843
 Valefor.Thelaughingman
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Thelaughingman 2012-03-28 21:10:49  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/forum/6/suggestions/

If you only clicked "Forum"...it's right there.

I spent like ten minutes looking for that, having sworn I had seen it before. I know people ask stupid questions but not all of them do it before they actually look around for the answer.

Anyways, thanks for answering this, it was driving me mad, I knew I had seen it before but really couldn't find it for whatever reason.
By furyofthestormx 2012-03-28 21:16:00  
I wasn't sure where would be appropriate to ask this so here goes in this random question thread.

Ever since Mondays, March 26th update there's been a huge influx of Dynamis currency on my server that isn't selling. The normal going rate of currency has dropped and even cheap currency isn't selling. I took a look at the BST thread thinking maybe BST-TH nerf had something to do with it, but people are saying they haven't noticed a decrease in overall currency.

Is anyone else's server like this? Anyone have any speculations why this is going on? It almost seems like something happened that made people give up on relics.

On Phoenix, the going rate for Bynes was 8k and they sold almost instantly as well as bronze. People are shouting to sell both for 7-7.5k respectively and they aren't selling. This is great for me, because I have better odds of finding cheap currency but my curiosity has me going :\ Sorry for the lengthy post.
 Shiva.Galbir
サーバ: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-03-29 11:35:42  
I sell all my currency 6.5k and 700k for 100's.

As soon as I get out of dyna I go to Pj shout my prices, my pos and within 2min most of my stuff is gone if not all.
 Valefor.Altheav
サーバ: Valefor
user: altheav
By Valefor.Altheav 2012-03-29 12:06:25  
furyofthestormx said: »
Anyone have any speculations why this is going on? It almost seems like something happened that made people give up on relics.

Personally, I'm currently not buying any currency until I know for sure how Arise is obtained, and acquire it. I wouldn't be surprised if others are holding onto their gil in hopes of buying the new scrolls once they hit the AH (assuming they can be sold on it).
 Bismarck.Tragedie
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2012-03-29 13:16:21  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said: »
anyone know what my

//statustimer setposy 75 is no longer working in my .ini file?

but is working in my chat window, not even sure how it vanished, I guess cuz I updated it a few weeks ago.

edit: or what a good x y settings are for 1440x900 (other pc that I need to still put a graphics card in).

Don't know if you resolved this or not, but take the // out of your .ini file if it's in there. The only thing I have in my ini for statustimer is to set the background to be transparent, and the line starts as .statustimer

For reference, // in your .ini file remarks a line (tells windower to not process it), as opposed to using // in-game (which tells windower to pay attention to it)
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-03-29 13:31:53  
furyofthestormx said: »
I wasn't sure where would be appropriate to ask this so here goes in this random question thread. Ever since Mondays, March 26th update there's been a huge influx of Dynamis currency on my server that isn't selling. The normal going rate of currency has dropped and even cheap currency isn't selling. I took a look at the BST thread thinking maybe BST-TH nerf had something to do with it, but people are saying they haven't noticed a decrease in overall currency. Is anyone else's server like this? Anyone have any speculations why this is going on? It almost seems like something happened that made people give up on relics. On Phoenix, the going rate for Bynes was 8k and they sold almost instantly as well as bronze. People are shouting to sell both for 7-7.5k respectively and they aren't selling. This is great for me, because I have better odds of finding cheap currency but my curiosity has me going :\ Sorry for the lengthy post.

Ragnarok is like that as well (except it started before the update). I have two theories as to why. 1) The ffxiah bazaar system now shows everyone's bazaar. This causes *** to undercut the prices they can look up (instead of just using the market rate off the top of their head). After undercutter 1 looks up the price, undercutter 2 looks up and sees undercutter 1's price and undercuts that. 2) I feel that with the constantly updating prices, people in the market for cheap currency will hold out on buying waiting for el-cheapo to pop up.

In the end currency will fluctuate based on supply v. demand. In the case of extremes: if it ever gets too low, it won't be worthwhile for people to farm it anymore and people will stop going to dyna. This will cause supply to drop and demand to rise again.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-29 16:23:45  
I too think the ffxiah bazaar thing is influencing all servers markets in a way.
By Gimp 2012-03-29 16:46:40  
CdC blue

Prosolio > Wobbuffet belt?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-29 16:48:24  
Cuchulain's.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-29 17:49:10  
Not sure why you're using TP Bonus axes with Ruinator.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-03-29 17:49:47  
I was about to post saying STR axes x 2 would put out better numbers.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-03-29 17:57:54  
If you have an Almace, it wouldn't be awful to drop Requiescat for Ruinator. :P

Post deleted by User.
By Danza 2012-03-29 19:34:38  
Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any lucky w/ Manes. I understand its pop conditions, I am just having trouble locating it's PH. It says on all websites J-10, but that is outdated due to SE adding high level mobs to the zone. FFXIclopedia.org has it on H-8 of the 2nd map, but there is no Gespenst on the 2nd map. Unless the information is meant the 3rd map, the basement with leeches, I been killing all 3 ghosts. One seems to alternate rooms between H-8 and I-8 which is Asuran Fist WSNM fight. If it is the 2nd map, I take it they are Haunts? Any help much appreciated, camping Teffeta Cloth for the new cursed kecks.
By mortontony1 2012-03-29 19:42:57  
Anyone have any looping ninjutsu skill up loops for utsusemi?
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-03-29 19:52:28  
mortontony1 said: »
Anyone have any looping ninjutsu skill up loops for utsusemi?
I could try and make one. Do you want it to run through the ele wheel on a target or just cast buffs forever?
By mortontony1 2012-03-29 20:59:03  
Just self utsusemi. Would like to be able to set it and forget it if possible.
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-03-29 21:58:43  

Sorry about the wait had to test it. If you don't want to use the other spells it is easy to edit only utsusemi in. Oh and you'll need to add your name in where mine is.

Post deleted by User.
By Danza 2012-03-29 22:26:21  
Josiahkf said: »
Danza said: »
Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any lucky w/ Manes. I understand its pop conditions, I am just having trouble locating it's PH. It says on all websites J-10, but that is outdated due to SE adding high level mobs to the zone. FFXIclopedia.org has it on H-8 of the 2nd map, but there is no Gespenst on the 2nd map. Unless the information is meant the 3rd map, the basement with leeches, I been killing all 3 ghosts. One seems to alternate rooms between H-8 and I-8 which is Asuran Fist WSNM fight. If it is the 2nd map, I take it they are Haunts? Any help much appreciated, camping Teffeta Cloth for the new cursed kecks.
I need to head down there anyway, will bring widescan and take a look as well

Thanks a bunch, I was PLD/THF trying to check if the new Penelope's Cloth drops from the high level ghosts as well. I was using the camp where shii pop area was previosuly, no luck though.
By Gimpness 2012-03-30 00:04:42  
Okay... So I'm totally not getting AutoExec.

I have this in my autoexec .xml for when hp drops or i'm doomed to put on twilight outside of abyssea:
Code xml
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<autoexec>
	<!-- Twilight Rules for WAR spellcast -->
	<register event="hpplt20" silent="true">/ma "Fire V"</register>
	<register event="gainbuff_doom" silent="true">/ma "Fire V"</register>
</autoexec>

In my WAR xml, I have this:
Code xml
<!-- TWILIGHT EQUIP AUTOEXEC RULES, FIRE V IS DUMMY SPELL -->
<if spell="Fire V" >
	<if status="engaged">
		<if notbuffactive="Visitant"> <!-- WHEN ENGAGED, PUTS ON TWILIGHT TP SET WHEN DUMMY SPELL FIRES -->
			<equip when="precast" set="TwilightTP" />
			<addtochat color="121">===================== Twilight TP Set Equipped, HP Below 20% or Doomed =====================</addtochat>
		</if>
		<return />
	</if>
	<else>
		<if notbuffactive="Visitant"> <!-- WHEN NOT ENGAGED, PUTS ON TWILIGHT HELM/MAIL WHEN DUMMY SPELL FIRES -->
			<equip when="precast">
				<head>Twilight Helm</head>
				<body>Twilight Mail</body>
			</equip>
			<addtochat color="121">==================== Twilight Helm/Mail Equipped, HP Below 20% or Doomed ====================</addtochat>
		</if>
		<return />
	</else>
</if>

but It doesn't work when I load it up... is there anything I need to put in my WAR xml to import the autoexec file? and if so, where would I put it? :X
 Phoenix.Kipling
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Uryuu986
By Phoenix.Kipling 2012-03-31 01:31:03  
Hoping this is the right place (Sorry if these have been asked before):
These are all Thief questions:

1) Is Rancor mantle/Nefarious the real best tp combo for thief? (As opposed to Atheling/Rancor mantle.)

2) Also, is it actually worth tping in a demonry ring/epona's even if it makes me lose a hit? I seem to see people doing that.

3) I have Thaumas gear, is it worth it to TP in Thaumas legs for the str/acc/attack/going back to true haste cap over my thf af3+3 for the 4 crit rate?
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-03-31 09:39:22  
With the addition of Porthos Body has Ninja Chainmail finally been usurped for tp while Shinobi Ring latent isn't active?

Old set:

Total Delay: 138.0703

New set:

Total Delay: 147.96

I'm leaning more to the old set since it provides more delay reduction but I'm not sure how the triple attack would fair against -delay.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2012-03-31 11:43:14  
does Conserve mp gear actually help conserve mp proc rate?, if so, would blm with full af3+2 and lots of conserve mp belts/earring/w/e be any good? thought it might be something I should try....

Or does the conserve mp rate, and the conserve mp proc rate on blm af3+2 have nothing to do with eachother?
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-03-31 11:56:19  
Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »
does Conserve mp gear actually help conserve mp proc rate?, if so, would blm with full af3+2 and lots of conserve mp belts/earring/w/e be any good? thought it might be something I should try....

Or does the conserve mp rate, and the conserve mp proc rate on blm af3+2 have nothing to do with eachother?

Equipment that gives "Conserve MP +X" increases the activation rate of Conserve MP by approximately X% of spells cast. E.g. Conserve MP +5 in combination with the Conserve MP job trait will give a net activation rate of 30% of spells.

Gearing for Set proc is normally a bad idea but I'm not sure in this case. There was a discussion about it here. I would say stick to normal nuking gear not focused on conserve mp and hope for a proc.
 Ramuh.Austar
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-31 12:04:53  
Shiva.Galbir said: »
With the addition of Porthos Body has Ninja Chainmail finally been usurped for tp while Shinobi Ring latent isn't active?

Old set:

Total Delay: 138.0703

New set:

Total Delay: 147.96

I'm leaning more to the old set since it provides more delay reduction but I'm not sure how the triple attack would fair against -delay.
Chainmail.
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-03-31 12:17:13  
Awesome thanks Austar.
By mortontony1 2012-03-31 12:38:10  
Even with the TA?
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 841 842 843