Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 196 197 198 ... 861 862 863
By Datass 2013-05-19 10:25:53  
Does the new xp ring work in Abyssea?

Thanks in advance.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-05-19 10:27:53  
I highly doubt it, no EXP bonus works to my knowledge (whether it's Ring or Corsair's roll)
[+]
 Asura.Zarrox
サーバ: Asura
user: Zarrox
By Asura.Zarrox 2013-05-19 19:20:12  
Any tips on skilling up an automaton?
 Ragnarok.Ravant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-05-20 12:14:54  
Datass said: »
Does the new xp ring work in Abyssea?

Thanks in advance.

No

Question - I was just reading in a thread about BRII and read to keep Dahak's silenced. Is there something special about silencing them?
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-05-20 12:18:59  
It will prevent them from using Nullsong (Thornsong as well, but main reason is to prevent Nullsong).
 Ragnarok.Ravant
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-05-20 12:21:04  
Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
It will prevent them from using Nullsong (Thornsong as well, but main reason is to prevent Nullsong).

Ohhh nice going to try that today. Thanks!
 Fenrir.Leoheart
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-05-20 13:44:32  
What's the best thing to do for Group II RDM merits?

Mine are a bit weird at the moment thanks to when Voidwatch had those spells as staggers.

Thanks.
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-05-20 13:46:31  
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
What's the best thing to do for Group II RDM merits?

Mine are a bit weird at the moment thanks to when Voidwatch had those spells as staggers.

Thanks.
Dia 3 is a given but other than that, I dunno.
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-05-20 13:49:17  
Asura.Lokimaru said: »
ells as staggers.

Aye, I'm gonna keep that, I'm gonna get rid of Phalanx II when I finish SCH sub for Accession Phalanx.

I'm torn between how much to put into slow II and paralyze II, and whether or not Bio III is worth a hit situationally.

edit: Quote derp.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-20 13:56:49  
Bio III was nice for soloing back in the day for the dot and it's okay for reducing the attack of mobs but situations where you'd want to use bio III for that purpose are rare and if it comes up, just use Bio II.

I'm not familiar enough with current content to say how effective para and slow II are and which would be a priority.
[+]
 Cerberus.Ykfan
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Ykfan
By Cerberus.Ykfan 2013-05-21 01:47:14  
Except Pot-au-feu, is there any food, especially new food, that can boost up both ranged att and ranged acc?
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-21 08:00:58  
I've started using windower on white mage.

I've been using a Fast Cast Set to initiate cure, then a Cure Potency set to complete cures.

Unfortunately the gear swap makes my targeting fail if I'm not quick enough selecting who I'm going to be targeting.

Aside from turning on "blinkmenot" function is there away around blinking? Or atleast so I don't lose the target as I'm trying to cure?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-05-21 08:09:22  
<stal> and <stpt> if you're using a Macro.

Otherwise, none. I'm assuming you're using Spellcast, if so (making the assumption you're a fast typer) then you could type out spells //cure4 Darktrance - you could even skip that and //cure4 dark.

Spellcast will find players alphabetically I believe, based on the start of the name you type. So if we had Darktrance and Darkhitetsu (for funsies yo!) then it'd cure me unless you used "darkt".
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-21 10:08:18  
Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
<stal> and <stpt> if you're using a Macro.

Otherwise, none. I'm assuming you're using Spellcast, if so (making the assumption you're a fast typer) then you could type out spells //cure4 Darktrance - you could even skip that and //cure4 dark.

Spellcast will find players alphabetically I believe, based on the start of the name you type. So if we had Darktrance and Darkhitetsu (for funsies yo!) then it'd cure me unless you used "darkt".

No not using "Spellcast" i don't think. I'm just making gear swap macros out of txt files from notepad.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-05-21 11:18:20  
heyo blue mages!

I am getting to the point where I need to look at swords.

I have nothing atm.

I was thinking almace, & then a skirmish or other adoulin weapon.

is this train of thought any good?

or are there 2 adoulin weapons that negate me making an almace?

I'm not a chicken ***, I'd 99 an almace eventually...

thoughts?
[+]
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-05-21 11:25:16  
Depending on content you have access to, I would suggest grabbing the plasm sword whose name I can't spell.

Yeah the one I don't even have yet cuz I'm lazy. <_<
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-05-21 11:31:53  
Depending on content you have access to, I would suggest grabbing the plasm sword whose name I can't spell. Yeah the one I don't even have yet cuz I'm lazy. <_<

one of those plus an almace would have me set for the most part, no?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-05-21 15:49:40  
BG.WIKI said:
Damage appears to be based on weapon skill, number of runes, and typical Magic multiplier terms. The proposed formula for each hit is: Single Hit Damage = ( Main-hand weapon Skill × (0.5 + Number of Runes × 0.25) ) × Magic Multiplier Terms

Can someone translate this into dummy for me? (in reference to the JA lunge)
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-05-22 04:32:23  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
BG.WIKI said:
Damage appears to be based on weapon skill, number of runes, and typical Magic multiplier terms. The proposed formula for each hit is: Single Hit Damage = ( Main-hand weapon Skill × (0.5 + Number of Runes × 0.25) ) × Magic Multiplier Terms

Can someone translate this into dummy for me? (in reference to the JA lunge)

The way I read it is, if you had 10 mab then the magic multiplier term would be 1.1, I think.

So with 3 runes and 10 mab it'd be:

424 * 1.25 = 530

530 x 3 = 1590

1590 * 1.1 = 1749

Edit:

Not sure how to calculate magic bursts with lunge but I'd assume you'd just add .3 to magic multiplier term (For a 2 step Skillchain) and then add 0.05 respectively based on the number of WS's used in the chain.
Since it's calculation is different from standard spells I wouldn't assume this is how it works at the moment.
[+]
By Alpheus 2013-05-22 05:08:44  
Siren.Mosin said: »
Depending on content you have access to, I would suggest grabbing the plasm sword whose name I can't spell. Yeah the one I don't even have yet cuz I'm lazy. <_<

one of those plus an almace would have me set for the most part, no?
If I had to hazard a guess I would say probably better off w/ Plasm Sword and Club (I'm not sold on that cuz eww on the club's delay) or Plasm Sword + Skirmish Sword/Camatlatia (Achuka's 1handed sword).

For Almace to be up for contention would rely on two conditions one being when they implement the changes and two, how healthy the Heavy Metal market is on your server and/or if SE will ever give any reconsideration of Heavy Metal drop rates.

The second condition is the one that gives me pause if I want to finish my Almace myself since it's sitting at 85 atm and while I'm a sucker for swords it seems to me that its 99 or bust for the adjustments which is fine by me and makes total sense but it does make me give a second look at the 1500 plates required and whether that effort is better spent elsewhere either diversifying my jobs or fortifying those that are adequately geared.

tldr: Adoulin swords for sure + a decent Requiescat set unless you're gonna go balls to the wall on your HMPs for Almace and are willing to wait for SE's revamping of Super Weaps.
 Valefor.Esdain
サーバ: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-05-22 05:24:59  
Is POL being wonky tonight for anyone else? I've had 3 ROs and just now POL had a server is busy or something message when trying to log in one of my characters. Just me only? Valefor server only maybe? I dunno.
[+]
 Shiva.Carrelo
サーバ: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2013-05-22 05:25:06  
Question about SAM weapons and NNI. :]

A friend of mine made a static for people who weren't around and missed out on the whole NNI gravy train. I was originally planning to join as BRD (been grinding away at both Gjallarhorn and Daurdabla), but then we found someone whose only Nyzul-friendly job is BRD. I recently got a Murasamemaru (ironically playing BRD at the time) for my Lv5 SAM and have been asked to level that for NNI instead.

I'll be finished leveling soon and wanted to ask about weapon options. I don't have SoA yet because I want a hard copy and am waiting until I'm in the US for a couple months this summer before I get one, so Delve weapons are out of the question. I'm still hoarding dynamis currency for my horn and HMP for my harp, so that rules out Amano and anything above Masa90.

I guess my question is this: is it worth spending the time making a Masamune that will probably never go above 90? I'm a little clueless and don't really understand how it stacks up against other options like Tomonari or even some of the available polearms. Been reading through SAM threads for a couple hours and haven't found any solid posts about the hierarchy.
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-05-22 05:35:50  
On the quests Blade of Darkness and Blade of Death, do enemies have to give exp for them to count towards the total of 100 / 200 killed with Chaosbringer?
 Phoenix.Shiomi
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2013-05-22 05:37:09  
I'm pretty sure when I did the quest I was level 30 WAR killing anything and everything in West Ron.

I don't believe you need to get exp, but I'm only like 90% sure.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-05-22 05:41:15  
Shiva.Carrelo said: »
Question about SAM weapons and NNI. :]

A friend of mine made a static for people who weren't around and missed out on the whole NNI gravy train. I was originally planning to join as BRD (been grinding away at both Gjallarhorn and Daurdabla), but then we found someone whose only Nyzul-friendly job is BRD. I recently got a Murasamemaru (ironically playing BRD at the time) for my Lv5 SAM and have been asked to level that for NNI instead.

I'll be finished leveling soon and wanted to ask about weapon options. I don't have SoA yet because I want a hard copy and am waiting until I'm in the US for a couple months this summer before I get one, so Delve weapons are out of the question. I'm still hoarding dynamis currency for my horn and HMP for my harp, so that rules out Amano and anything above Masa90.

I guess my question is this: is it worth spending the time making a Masamune that will probably never go above 90? I'm a little clueless and don't really understand how it stacks up against other options like Tomonari or even some of the available polearms. Been reading through SAM threads for a couple hours and haven't found any solid posts about the hierarchy.
I would just go with Draca, Kanto or Tomonari if you feel like spending the gil. Not that Masa 90 is hard or anything but it is still a good chunk of time and since you are running around a lot in Nyzul you lose a lot of the benefit from aftermath.

Unrelated to your question but there is no hard copy of SoA for the PC btw.
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-05-22 05:45:30  
Valefor.Esdain said: »
Is POL being wonky tonight for anyone else? I've had 3 ROs and just now POL had a server is busy or something message when trying to log in one of my characters. Just me only? Valefor server only maybe? I dunno.

Yeah POL-0011 (Friendslist loading error) on one. Search Failed on another. Not sure if it's just valefor or something else, but I'd suggest if you're online, stay logged in and don't change characters / mule if you can help it. At least for the next few hours. Something seems to be wonky and not just on my end.

Edit: Now POL-5012. Server busy.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-05-22 06:05:45  

Yeah POL-0011 (Friendslist loading error) on one. Search Failed on another. Not sure if it's just valefor or something else, but I'd suggest if you're online, stay logged in and don't change characters / mule if you can help it. At least for the next few hours. Something seems to be wonky and not just on my end.

doesn't let me get on my char at all :(

meh >< just zoned to East Adoulin and got d/c

now can't get back on at all :X

this blows
 Siren.Leocon
user: Leocon
By Siren.Leocon 2013-05-22 06:18:20  
Quote:

(My apologies if I mess the quote up, I'm still new to posting on FFXIAH.) I'm having trouble logging in too. Shut down by accident while trying to mule and now getting POL-0011s and POL-1160s heh. I was able to finally get into PoL but now the lobby server is giving me lip.
 Alexander.Carrelo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2013-05-22 06:22:53  
Asura.Ina said: »
I would just go with Draca, Kanto or Tomonari if you feel like spending the gil. Not that Masa 90 is hard or anything but it is still a good chunk of time and since you are running around a lot in Nyzul you lose a lot of the benefit from aftermath.
Thanks for the advice. :D I assume from your answer that Masa90 is still better though, so I guess I'll throw my instruments on the back burner and get that started while using Tomonari as a stopgap.

Unrelated to your question but there is no hard copy of SoA for the PC btw.
Waaaaat ; ;? I knew download was an option, didn't know it was the only option. o.o I'm kind of afraid to try downloading it with my less-than-ideal Chinese internet. XD
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-05-22 06:26:44  
Alexander.Carrelo said: »
Thanks for the advice. :D I assume from your answer that Masa90 is still better though, so I guess I'll throw my instruments on the back burner and get that started while using Tomonari as a stopgap.
They are about on the same level from my understanding, Masa pulls ahead a little bit if you can maintain the aftermath but in Nyzul that might not aways be possible so it's kinda an iffy call.
First Page 2 3 ... 196 197 198 ... 861 862 863