Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 570 571 572 ... 831 832 833
By Nyarlko 2018-11-13 18:30:07  
chads said: »
Quick question about "follow up" attacks (specifically on Dyna D weapons) and multi-hit effects on offhand.

For starters, let's say I'm dual wielding and I have 10% Double Attack. Does this mean each weapon has a 10% chance to attack twive or does multi-hit only proc on the main hand?

Second, follow-up attack is a completely seperate 0 delay attack round made after the attack round that proc'd it correct? Does this mean if it procs, when my attack round finishes I will instantly initiate another attack round meaning both main and off hand? Or does only the main handed Dyna D weapon attack.

Just curious as I'm day dreaming about the path B weapons and wondering if, assuming your follow-up attack price, your hypothetical 10% double attack has 4 chances to proc in 1 attack instance. Would be wild and really capitalize on multi-hit.

Standard DA/TA/QA have a chance to proc per hand when Dual Wielding.

All of the DREAM augs only apply to the weapon itself (and are only active if in the mainhand slot.) The Div weapons path B provide a single proc chance per attack round for 1 extra free swing, and does not trigger an add'l attack round.

In your daydream scenario, assuming you are Dual Wielding with a PathB Div weapon in your mainhand and you have a total of DA+10%, each attack round would have one chance for the bonus hit from augment to proc on mainhand and 10% chance per weapon to proc a DA... I'm pretty sure this is how it works, but someone else should confirm whether/not DA can proc on "bonus" attacks since I am tired of thinking now. :3
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-13 18:34:33  
I mean it's not rocket science. Follow up attack means if you single attack + follow up.

Or DA + Follow up
Or TA + Follow up
Or QA + Follow up

Edit* Was a bad example, I guess it's more like a Zanhasso hit
By chads 2018-11-13 19:58:12  
Ahh, somehow I was under the impression a follow up attack was a bonus "attack round" proc'd directly after you second one with no delay.

So dual wield it goes: Div Path D Main hand attack (+multi-hit proc)(+follow-up proc) + Off hand attack (+multi-hit proc).

And to confirm, follow-up attack is a single attack made with (in this scenario) ONLY the main hand weapon and is not eligible for multi-attack procs?

Not trying to make it "rocket science" just trying to understand what a "follow up attack" is and if multi-hi affects it. It's not exactly a common attribute.
By Nyarlko 2018-11-13 20:18:21  
It's a single extra hit.
By Pantafernando 2018-11-14 05:26:05  
Hi.

Is there somewhere a map with mobs camp in reisenjima? Looking for some camps to blu cleave with enough mobs even with competition.

Also the wantons near #6 are resistant to every magic dmg or is there any element they are particularly weak to?

Thanks in advance
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-14 06:16:02  
The entirety of escha is packed with mobs you shouldn't have any issue finding cleave anywhere. (what server are you on?)

Generally people go to 3 or 5 for bugs/undead (2/8 zitah)
 Shiva.Hiep
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-11-17 05:22:40  
Would it be possible to make a scoreboard addon or improvement to the current addon that tracks amounts healed, debuffs removed, or buffs casted?
 Odin.Eohuo
サーバ: Odin
user: Eohuo
By Odin.Eohuo 2018-11-19 22:21:18  
Hi All - I have not been digging too hard but figured I would ask. Retooling rdm idle and was curious - is the 20 magic def bonus on amalric nails +1 a mistranslate? I never really cared to notice that before and feel its oddly high since all other pieces are standard for the slots.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2018-11-21 16:08:40  
I'm thinking of jumping servers to be with some friends and I'm curious if I can move inactive mules along with the few I reactivated. I have a main and three mules that I use all the time, but a full 16/16 created characters for the occasional free Mog lotto that crops up, alongside acting as free SP keys during the free periods.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-11-21 16:17:51  
You cannot move a mule that's inactive, and you also can't move a mule activated by free campaign.

Another minor annoyance, I had 2 open paid slots, free campaign opened a bunch more. Created a mule to transfer, it ended up on a free campaign slot so I had to pay the extra $1 to activate the slot the mule landed in to transfer it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-11-21 18:48:08  
Odin.Eohuo said: »
Hi All - I have not been digging too hard but figured I would ask. Retooling rdm idle and was curious - is the 20 magic def bonus on amalric nails +1 a mistranslate? I never really cared to notice that before and feel its oddly high since all other pieces are standard for the slots.

JP stats have +20 magic damage and +6 MDEF so it's very possible it's a typo.
 Cua
By Cua 2018-11-21 18:59:07  
I have a Weapon skill question. I need some education.

It was my understanding that opening with Weapon Skill (A) and closing with Weapon Skill (B) will create a skillchain.

I am talking about Rudra's Storm > Torcleaver to create darkness.

I am using the skillchain chart in the below URL:

http://www.wilddragonchase.com/ffxi/NewSkillchain1.png

-------------------------------------------------------------

Am I not understanding this correctly?
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2018-11-21 19:02:11  
That skillchain chart is pretty useful as you just have to follow the arrows but in your example, it doesn't matter which order you use the weapon skills as demonstrated by there being arrows on both ends of the line.
By clearlyamule 2018-11-21 20:21:08  
The As and Bs and in some cases C's aren't the order to use in they are denoting the priority of the element of the box it's in for that ws.

A lot of times this doesn't make a difference (like yours) but sometimes it does. For example notice Aoelian edge has 3 different elements and each one can skillchain with the other so need to use order to figure out which skillchain it would make.
By Pantafernando 2018-11-22 02:16:18  
Cua said: »
I have a Weapon skill question. I need some education.

It was my understanding that opening with Weapon Skill (A) and closing with Weapon Skill (B) will create a skillchain.

I am talking about Rudra's Storm > Torcleaver to create darkness.

I am using the skillchain chart in the below URL:

http://www.wilddragonchase.com/ffxi/NewSkillchain1.png

-------------------------------------------------------------

Am I not understanding this correctly?

I always use skillchain page in ffxi wiki. It seems very intuitive to me (though its lacking some newer info like BP rage attributes etc).
 Bahamut.Yubers
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Yubers 2018-11-22 02:57:51  
This site is great for finding skillchains

https://www.flippantry.com/skillchain/
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-11-22 08:01:02  
I still use http://www.ffxicalculator.com/
I believe that other than Aeonic WS properties, it covers everything that is capable of skillchaining.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-11-22 08:13:40  
I really like the skillchains plugin.

It has an on sreen timer indicating when the skill chain window opens and closes. It also shows the most recent active skill chain property and the list of weaponsklills you can complete ordered from highest to lowest.

Detection isn't perfect. It does not work with trusts. Also it does not seem to mix pet skill lists and master lists very well. I if I use a ready move, it lists other ready moves that will skill chain, not weaponsklills and ready moves.

However, overall I think it's fantastic. Could just use a couple updates.
[+]
 Cua
By Cua 2018-11-22 09:06:48  
Thank you all.
 Cua
By Cua 2018-11-22 09:08:37  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
I really like the skillchains plugin.

It has an on sreen timer indicating when the skill chain window opens and closes. It also shows the most recent active skill chain property and the list of weaponsklills you can complete ordered from highest to lowest.

Detection isn't perfect. It does not work with trusts. Also it does not seem to mix pet skill lists and master lists very well. I if I use a ready move, it lists other ready moves that will skill chain, not weaponsklills and ready moves.

However, overall I think it's fantastic. Could just use a couple updates.

Well this is pretty damn awesome for someone like me who solo's and duo's everything. Thanks!
 Odin.Eohuo
サーバ: Odin
user: Eohuo
By Odin.Eohuo 2018-11-22 10:02:02  
Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Odin.Eohuo said: »

JP stats have +20 magic damage and +6 MDEF so it's very possible it's a typo.

This is somewhat the way I was thinking. May keep in idle for now cuz of the meva but thought the 20 mdef was too good to be true.
By tyalangan 2018-11-25 15:03:07  
Been out since May. Tried following the BG update changes to see what has been added but want to make sure...

Besides JSE necks, RMEA upgrades, and Su5 for COR and maybe BRD (niche C path for others?) is there anything else I’m missing that has been added or updated?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-25 15:14:57  
Ambuscade weapons lul
By Pantafernando 2018-11-25 15:27:41  
There was some change with BST.

I dont know what happened but suddenly im not seeing more DRG bots in Yahse but BST bots.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-25 15:40:59  
They've started using bsts for HTB a lot more, but the bot armies are still solidly dragoon on assura

(I'd really like to ask the guy running them how much they make lol 18 dragoons with zero trusts all doing 500 damage + crystals and Chapuli ROE in Yahse.)

200 sparks every 2 kills until signet wears(crystals) +500damages +chapuli/butterfly ROE, ~1800 kills per dragoon to cap 36mil every..... 8 hours?
By Staleyx 2018-11-26 05:49:19  
Anyone out there find Rune kris's coming from one strange apparatus more then another? Does the trading on the day opposite of the zones element hold any truth? Thank you
By tyalangan 2018-11-26 22:07:14  
Trying to level a bunch of mules. Where is a good place with lots of mobs that are easy access and easy enough to kill in 1-2 shots? Any place besides Zitah puks and RuAun phuabo? I've been gone and can't recall other options (I'm sure if there were other options I'd know about them though, unfortunately). Those places are always packed when I can play.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-26 23:58:35  
Cirdas is good for it, was the old goto spot. Marjami #2. Foret crabs.
By Boshi 2018-11-27 00:05:08  
So the ambuscade weapons aren't storable?
First Page 2 3 ... 570 571 572 ... 831 832 833