Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Salvage Synergy Augments
Salvage Synergy Augments
First Page 2 3 4
By Quiznor 2012-03-05 01:05:49  
Anyone else against this? Synergy needs to die in a fire ever since it was brought in,but we're not here to debate that.The fact is in the name of "revamping" salvage,they're just doing this to give us *** augments and fake replay value.More than likely it'll look like old salvage.People will be going for a decent augment,1/120,just like old salvage gear drop rates.All for *** augments.Its sky all over again.I know one person,ONE,who actively went farming sky for tatters.Every SINGLE other person I know thatdid the entire thing was only because they happened to do stuff that drops abjurations.

SE like to say "we'd have to make the augments not as strong if they were static".Who the *** cares.I bet 99% of it will be useless/extremely situationally,even with "perfect" synergy augments,just like the rest of the gear that has synergy augments.

As for the rest of the people that see this system,idk who's gonna like or not like it.Personally I'll continue doing salvage anyways to finish my mythic,but I doubt I'll ever augment any of my salvage gear in any way.Even if it uses 15/25/35's that I have tons of spare.As a stand against SE for being lazy *** and just throwing cockblock after cockblock in front of the road of progress.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-03-05 01:09:47  
/

my skadi will forever be town gear with mah gastraphetes :x
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-05 01:11:05  
did they say they were doing this? I hate synergy with a burning passion :| but I'm sure I'll have enough spare parts laying around from trying to finish every set..
By Quiznor 2012-03-05 01:12:32  
Asura.Fondue said: »
did they say they were doing this? I hate synergy with a burning passion :| but I'm sure I'll have enough spare parts laying around from trying to finish every set..

Yeah they said it in the "crafting skills update" notes from lastweek.

Edit: Copypasta from the other thread.

The Future of Synthesis and Synergy
The respective roles of synergy and synthesis in obtaining items will be reenvisioned. Rather than a gradual shift in importance from traditional synthesis to synergy, the new vision will preserve and further develop unique roles for both forms of item crafting, with a wide variety of potent new recipes to be introduced.

The ultimate goal is to allow for equipment that offers players greater customization by armor part and situation—such as Level 75 Relic, Salvage, and Limbus armor—to be crafted and augmented through synthesis and synergy.

I justnoticed they also said Limbus =\ My limbus gear will stay forever +1.

On a semi related note.Anyone know how to take off a syngery augment so the item can be stored again?
 Valefor.Vadai
サーバ: Valefor
user: Ergan
By Valefor.Vadai 2012-03-05 01:14:32  
I don't see how Synergy is a cockblock that prevents you from enjoying the game.

As for the tatters, to each their own. Farming a round of sky takes no time, and on top of that you can solo pretty much everything there. If somoene doesn't want to do it, then they shouldn't complain, there's plenty of people who do farm.

As for Synergy to augment things, yes it's a dumb way. Lately it seems like things depending on luck = hard for SE. I don't think anyone could like this augment system.

As for Synergy as a whole, again, to each their own. If you think Synergy is a waste and stupid, then that's your opinion. I like Synergy to some extent, as you can control your HQs far more than you do with regular crafts. It still depends on luck of course, but far less.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-03-05 01:14:59  
Idc how they plan on upgrading salvage gear as long as they do it. As for you wanting to make a point by not upgrading what is thought to become the "end" gear, I'll leave it up to you.

The synergy deal with old gear has brought some life back to old content many people used to enjoy at some point in their game time, and honestly idm going to Sky with friends every now and then to help them get missing abjurations or just tatters.

The game needs something that isn't related to Abyssea or Voidwatch, and although synergy augments are just as "outstanding" as a 3rd or 4th reskin of a zone, they at least take us out of the commonly walked paths and back into older zones.
 Bahamut.Itze
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2012-03-05 01:15:05  
Being 75/75 salvage gear I'm against it, but till I see how to get it augmented I shouldn't be worried. I forsee 15's breaking into "usu scrap" x5 25 into 10 and 35's into 15 but it's just a hunch. It would really change the way I do runs to get certain pieces to scrap before others.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-03-05 01:18:06  
Ugh no thanks lol
 Asura.Yoyou
user: poff
By Asura.Yoyou 2012-03-05 01:19:09  
My hope for new salvage/limbus/sea areas just got raped hard.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-05 01:20:58  
I'm for it completely, bring it on! I'd much rather have outstanding badass stats than lame, boring, useless static stats that would be such a waste on these nostalgic pieces. I can't wait to see the possibilities, and am so glad that synergy is being used for these two events.
[+]
By Quiznor 2012-03-05 01:21:42  
Kalila is an SE plant!
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-05 01:23:30  
just lazy as hell, this is not revitalizing salvage.. still going to be doing salvage with 2 people and a dualboxed char, still going to be raping mobs with 0def 0vit with 0 challenge other than horrendous droprates

hurray.. wheres my guildwars2 beta invite :|

I guess this is to be expected, need to realize one day this game is utterly dead
 Bahamut.Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2012-03-05 01:28:09  
Salvage is my favorite thing to do in the game ever since I stepped foot in it. I only started doing it barely a year ago and if I miss a day with double tags on me I get sad :( Alex is a good income and I have friends that want gear but I don't want to be taking gear from them or anyone that wants to join in on a run if we need the pieces again :(

Part of me hopes for static stats just so I can get it done with, but if it's something like mexican bee with usu 35 feet on and he doesn't pop fffffffff.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-03-05 01:28:27  
I'm just looking forward to it so I can tatter the crap out of all these 35s/25s/15s I've collected and rake in some dough. Dancer still won't be able to wear any pieces, so I still won't care about the gear.
 Bahamut.Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2012-03-05 01:31:34  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I'm just looking forward to it so I can tatter the crap out of all these 35s/25s/15s I've collected and rake in some dough. Dancer still won't be able to wear any pieces, so I still won't care about the gear.
>.> You got a point there for selling scraps. Maybe this will be worth while since I don't see a lot of people doing salvage or mentioning they do it.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-03-05 01:32:56  
Well most people were expecting new zones or floors or something. I hope there is more to it than just augmenting salvage gear.
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-03-05 01:34:00  
Honestly, the best thing about it is, it will get people back into doing salvage which will bring more alex into the market. I'm not sure how someone who is trying to make a mythic would be against that.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-03-05 01:34:52  
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Well most people were expecting new zones or floors or something. I hope there is more to it than just augmenting salvage gear.

I fear SE would *** up and make it like Nyzul 2.0 where getting new gear will require random dumb luck.
 Bahamut.Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2012-03-05 01:36:25  
I was reading how people had to go round about ways of doing nm's and pulls like a THF PD or use fanatics and 4 people or less claim the doors to kill and pop turtle that way. Now we just clear every living machine in that room for alex and still finish runs 40-50 min early.

Something a little more challenging would be nice, but would they just drop "scraps" to use for augments x:
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-03-05 01:36:56  
In my experience, the synergy augments are not that bad. Most of them make actually useful pieces (kitty pants, sieryu's kote etc.) and the success rate is fairly high. With 10-20 attempts I usually get a couple of HQ3s with great stats. It only gets terrible when you are trying for a specific random-pool augment.

I'd gladly take augments over lesser static upgrades. My assumption is that static upgrades would lead to side-grade situational gear, whereas augments gives you the possibility for much better pieces.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-05 01:39:51  
Bahamut.Itze said: »
I was reading how people had to go round about ways of doing nm's and pulls like a THF PD or use fanatics and 4 people or less claim the doors to kill and pop turtle that way. Now we just clear every living machine in that room for alex and still finish runs 40-50 min early.

Something a little more challenging would be nice, but would they just drop "scraps" to use for augments x:
I would guess that they are adding 4 new areas that are similar to the areas we currently have except the monsters are upgraded ect. I would guess that the augment items come from the new areas, but it could work perfectly fine in the old ones while new ones have new content and armor.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-03-05 01:40:37  
Yeah, i'm not exactly sure where you are getting "useless" and "extremely situational" for sky gear. E body, Kitty pants, Seiryu Kotes, Hecatomb feet/hands, the einherjar body (name escapes me) are generally some of the best gear if you get the good augments.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-03-05 01:41:39  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Bahamut.Itze said: »

I would guess that they are adding 4 new areas that are similar to the areas we currently have except the monsters are upgraded ect. I would guess that the augment items come from the new areas, but it could work perfectly fine in the old ones while new ones have new content and armor.

Most likely can just make you tatter 15/25/35 pieces. 15 giving you the least, 35 giving you the most.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-05 01:41:40  
Sylph.Kimble said: »

I fear SE would *** up and make it like Nyzul 2.0 where getting new gear will require random dumb luck.
The bee ._. oh god the bee...
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-05 01:45:22  
this post gave me cancer :|

Quote:
Besides, I know this seems rather sadistic, and rather mean, But I hope Salvage armor is all still at best a situational piece, or completely obsolete. If you wanted to play a game where your armor never gets out-dated due to an update, pick up a Single Player RPG.

The worst thing SE could due is bring us up 24 levels, and cater to the 8 people who still cling to their precious Salvage gear by making it the best armor again. You guys should be on your knees infront of SE That they're even considering updating Salvage gear. I don't see WoW Updating its old Raid gear. I don't see any other MMO Updating old armor.

Salvage gear was great, You accomplished something wonderful, But its time was long since up. Static or Random, most of the armor will never be back on top in most/all fields like it was at 75, But at least with random, theres a fair shot of some of it becoming situational again, or even best in slot for a few situations, With static, Those chances are much slimmer if it follows any pattern to Relic+2 (I don't see why it would not, this is SE We're talking about)

And lets face it, Drop rates or not, an Idiot could do Salvage with 3 people at 99, Making armor that could be breezed through with a trip to Wiki and 3 people the best in the game would obsolete any reasons for doing Neo Nyzul, Abyssea, or Voidwatch, and possibly legion. It would be like if they suddenly made Nyzul Isle gear Better than Neo Nyzul, Its content designed for level 75, The armor will not be the best again.

So requesting Miracle upgrades that will completely stomp other in-piece slots its nothing short of a pipe dream. Salvage gear itself is so strong it almost keeps up with todays armor, Any slight upgrade will likely bring some of it up again. Personally, I hope they toss you Salvage-bros a bone and give 1-2 pieces per set a "top dog" status again, But stop there. How many people do you think would be Pissed if Salvage Armor was suddenly the end-all best again after going from 75-99 In these last few years?

Lets face it, Salvage-bros are the minority, And SE won't cater to the minority. I'm surprised they're even considering augmenting/updating it truthfully. You guys are all acting like you're entitled to something because you spend so much time getting the armor. Big f**king deal. What about those people who played back at 50 cap who killed King Arthro and Roc for a living? Should we Update Healing Staff to be Cure Potency +25% Now? Should we make Speed Belt Haste+8%? Should we make Strider's Boots Movement Speed +22%?

Gear getting outdated happens all the time. If the cap had stayed at level 75, Salvage gear would have still eventually been outdated or there would have been no reason to even bother adding new content if nothing beat what was released X amount of years ago. <<< Really let that sink in.

I know it hurts to hear, But that's the truth.

Edit; And to be honest, I have Homam Legs/Feet that i got a while back, They used to be the best feet/legs for THF, and even PLD, and DRG, and DRK, and BLU, which I have all of. I don't want them to be the best again. i like them for what they were, useful to me for some time.

nobody is expecting salvage gearsets to suddenly be the best ***ever, there might be 2 pieces that are situationally still the best and the rest is utter garbage and harder to get than af3+2 and nobody feels entitled to upgrades of their "precious salvage gear" for their "8 salvage bros" but SE announced there would be upgrades literally years ago and this is what they've come up with? sad to say the least

but whatever, any upgrade is an upgrade synergy or not I'll take it.. I simply love how the sets look, would be cool if the gear was useful too
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-03-05 01:45:25  
Ramparts was always dumb but seemed like once you got an NM that put out, you could get 3-4 drops of what you need.
 Bahamut.Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2012-03-05 01:55:42  
I'm a salvage-bro.
:3
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-05 01:56:57  

Bees were never a problem. Frogs and Turtles.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-03-05 01:58:37  
I hope with the Limbus update, thu let us upgrade our AF, seeing how some jobs were completely ignored with Omega/Ultima gear
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-05 01:58:45  
Ramuh.Austar said: »

Bees were never a problem. Frogs and Turtles.
I only saw the NM twice since salvage was introduced and only saw the feet drop once. It's the only RNG I hate in this game honestly.
First Page 2 3 4