フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Piece of alexandrite
Piece of alexandrite
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Giti
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: giti
By Lakshmi.Giti 2012-03-14 12:43:06  
Can somone tell me why the hell everyone is trying to sell alexandrites for 15~30k. Please tell me the retard thats paying that much, hell for that much I might sell mine to them and buy 4 relics.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-03-14 12:48:59  
People are selling cause people are buying.

/endthread
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-03-14 12:50:44  
Lakshmi.Giti said: »
Can somone tell me why the hell everyone is trying to sell alexandrites for 15~30k. Please tell me the retard thats paying that much, hell for that much I might sell mine to them and buy 4 relics.

then do it? price isn't going back down anytime soon.
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-03-14 12:55:19  
It takes 30,000 alex to build a mythic.
It takes about 20,000 single pieces of ancient currency to build a relic.

I can't solo salvage or Nyzul.
I can solo over 100 ancient currency every single day.

According to the fancy new baazar feature, there are 29 pieces of alex around right now on Fenrir.
There are 8725 single pieces of currency. I didn't even check 100s.

Also, isn't 15k pretty close to what it's been for a really long time? I don't really know, but I think the lowest I've ever seen was something like 12k.
[+]
By Quiznor 2012-03-14 12:59:32  
Fenrir.Terminus said: »
It takes between 16,400 and (i think it caps at 18,400) single pieces of ancient currency to build a relic.

According to the fancy new baazar feature, there are 29 pieces of alex around right now on Fenrir.

Also, isn't 15k pretty close to what it's been for a really long time? I don't really know, but I think the lowest I've ever seen was something like 12k.

fixed for accuracy
By Quiznor 2012-03-14 13:04:32  
Double post go.

Its down to 2 things and idk which is worse really

1.People are greeedy ***,simple as.There's o way around it.You can try justify it in any way possible,but people are greedy *** (I place 49% of the blame here)

2.There are retards actually paying these prices. (I place 51% of them blame on these people who should be aborted from the human race)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-14 13:06:34  
They were 3-4k for a long time back at 75. After the 99 cap announcement and the resulting death of Salvage, prices went up as the supply trickled away to nothing. Meanwhile interest in mythics has gradually increased and gil has become easier to acquire, so prices have been steadily rising for the past couple years.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-14 13:08:16  
Quiznor said: »
Double post go.

1.People are greeedy ***,simple as.There's o way around it.You can try justify it in any way possible,but people are greedy *** (I place 49% of the blame here)

2.There are retards actually paying these prices. (I place 51% of them blame on these people who should be aborted from the human race)

Also it's SE's fault. Don't blame the players for following basic economics.
By Quiznor 2012-03-14 13:10:45  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Double post go.

See reason 1.
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-03-14 13:13:12  
They were 3-4k for a long time back at 75. After the 99 cap announcement and the resulting death of Salvage, prices went up as the supply trickled away to nothing. Meanwhile interest in mythics has gradually increased and gil has become easier to acquire, so prices have been steadily rising for the past couple years.

Wow I'm totally off. But, I've never paid attention to it either. That is a pretty dramatic increase.
 Lakshmi.Vitali
user: Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2012-03-14 13:15:02  
It's not so surpising given how powerful some of them have become. I was lucky enough to buy around 16k of my alexandrite back when it went for 3k each.

In about 2 months since coming back to the game, I've acquired around 10k alexandrite @ 10k each, have farmed about another 1-2k, and will likely have to buy the last 1500 i need at these high prices, or just farm the rest/buy from people in my LS farming to help me out.

Sucks, but until they renew salvage and the supply is hugely increased, the prices won't drop anytime soon.

I'm probably the only serious buyer on Lakshmi right now, maybe one other person. The same people have had high quantities in their bazzar at 20k, after a few days, I see them drop the price to 19k, and then even lower. I think it will level out at around 14-15k when they realize it won't sell, but 15k is low enough where a serious buyer will go for it.
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-03-14 13:17:41  
It takes between 16,400 and (i think it caps at 18,400) single pieces of ancient currency to build a relic.

fixed for accuracy

Ok. So imagine it takes 2x as much alex as currency. There was still 197 times as much currency for sale. Yes, there is also a higher demand for currency, but if I set up a baazar in PJ, the chances I will be standing right next to someone selling currency are much higher than I will be standing next to someone selling alex.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-14 13:18:56  
See reason 1.
Not sure if mad and stupid or just that mad.
By Quiznor 2012-03-14 13:21:20  
Wasnt arguing the accuracy of the rest of the post,just bolded part.but the main part is that even a 1600 gap (assuming making a youichi i think needed 18,400 pieces) comapared to 20,000 is still 24mil (1600 pieces @ 15k,since it seems to be the norm on most servers) (which is a large factor) let alone one of the cheaper relics,needing even less currency. Its just a bit misleading
 Ragnarok.Kongming
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-03-14 13:56:36  
Bought mine for 2.5k-3k (mostly 2.5k) during that era, cost about 77mil in the end. The ridiculous thing is the weapons haven't really gotten any better with some few exceptions, like extremely shitty weapons getting slightly less shitty. I really don't see why there should be an increase in interest, other than SE making ever other challenge in the game a cakewalk.
 Asura.Yoyou
サーバ: Asura
user: poff
By Asura.Yoyou 2012-03-14 14:27:39  
Double post go.

This game gets easier and easier each update and people still keep crying? Gils are hard to come by.
Just WOW
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2012-03-14 14:30:57  
give me 300m ok yoyou
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-03-14 14:36:29  
Economics go.

At my peak I was paying 18k for alexandrite. I don't know how much I farmed by myself, but it sure wasn't the majority. I like that you call me a retard.

You jelly of my crossbow?

inb4 lol stfu u rmt

Because gil is hard to make.

Pewpew~
 Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: shimey
By Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo 2012-03-14 15:04:11  
Cause i have nothing better to spend about 510 mil...

Shoulda bought more when it was 2-3k now its 17k and everything is easier to do.. oh well

I dont know why people must continue to complain cause its not soloable or stupid easy...

Yes you still need a group to make a mythic..

Good thing i can spend all my time now making gil and buying alex...

/goes back to namis to pretend he's making gil
 Bismarck.Nevill
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2012-03-14 15:18:56  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
Economics go.

At my peak I was paying 18k for alexandrite. I don't know how much I farmed by myself, but it sure wasn't the majority. I like that you call me a retard.

inb4 lol stfu u rmt

Pewpew~

Crossbow?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-03-14 15:19:30  
A lot of the weapons have actually gotten substantial upgrades (like the dramatic AM3 duration/potency increase). +30% Drakesbane damage isn't really anything to sneeze at either.

Anyway, I finished paying 10k each (probably 8-9k each average?), but I'm still not done collecting Ampuoles. Thank god I randomly decided the price of Alexandrite would continue to rise and rushed to finish my 30k Alex. I saved about enough money to entirely fund my 99 Twashtar trial.

Because I'm on an economics roll, I'll inform you that you should invest in farmland irl.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-03-14 15:21:47  
Bismarck.Nevill said: »
Economics go.

inb4 lol stfu u rmt

Pewpew~

Crossbow?

[Gastraphetes][Please check it.]
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-14 15:23:26  
isnt the xbow literally the worst one?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-03-14 15:23:33  
I don't think you'll find a lot of people jealous of the crossbow.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nevill
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2012-03-14 15:27:44  

[Gastraphetes][Please check it.]

Yeah, I know what it is, you just don't hear many people even speak of the crossbow. Grats nonetheless.

On the alexandrite thing, something something supply and demand. Find a small group of friends that each want something done and take turns on what you are going to do. Or, do nothing but cruor parties with a couple of mules and buy what you need. Price is what it is now and I don't believe anything is going to change it. Even if SE does introduce more methods of obtaining the alex, just more people will want to build a mythic.
 Asura.Yoyou
user: poff
By Asura.Yoyou 2012-03-14 15:27:53  
Asura.Dajociont said: »
give me 300m ok yoyou

Only got 299,999,999 is that enough?
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2012-03-14 15:34:56  
Asura.Fondue said: »

omgggggggggggsojealous
By Gimpness 2012-03-14 16:08:57  
Asura.Fondue said: »

doesn't odd/oat or whatever it is on xbow not proc on ws's/barrage? or am i wrong? :X
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-14 16:10:37  
That's what a JP player with the bow has said, yes.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-03-14 16:13:36  
Mythics, broken down by whether or not they're worthwhile:

Conqueror : Easy 5-hit, Upheaval spam, WAR's best weapon in situations where AM3 can be maintained.

Glanzfaust : 30% Boost to Ascetic's Fury, which would probably make it Monk's best WS against really hard monsters (VWNMs). Probably not bad against hard content, but not awesome.

Yagrush : Useful for the same reasons it was always useful. Has additionally gained a melee-WHM use due to its Damage+30% on Mystic Boon (for MP recovery).

Laevateinn : Haters gonna hate, but this is the best Meteor staff by a LOT. The spell was freaking made to justify it.

Murgleis : Horrible. Death Blossom with +30% damage still doesn't really compare to CDC, which means this sword is only really useful in situations where you're able to maintain AM3 on melee RDM. Even then, you trade WS damage for DPS. The enhancement is stupid. It just isn't very good.

Vajra : It would be a decent offhand, does not strike me as a particularly useful mainhand. The Damage/Delay is terrible (53/200 vs. 55/176), which is really what screws this weapon, in my opinion. It relies on AM3 to be really useful (unless you're pretty much just using SA/TA), and Thief just doesn't have the TP-gain resources / Mandalic Stab sucks.

Burtgang : Eternal debate, best turtle PLD weapon, etc. Less of a debate now that they made its PDT pass the cap. Atonement is worse now than it was at 75, relative to the other options and considering a lot of ***resists it.

Liberator : Great in situations where riding AM3 is reasonable. Insurgency still looks like crap, but you could spam Entropy. The real reason this isn't getting a more enthusiastic endorsement from me is because Scythe doesn't give access to Resolution.

Aymur : Best pet-damage enhancing weapon, even without Aftermath. How much does Attack matter for pets? Not really known, but probably not that much. The Sic enhancement is kind of cool, but pet TP moves matter very very little. Damage+30% on Primal Rend probably makes it pretty good against melee-resistant enemies, but it won't compare to Ruinator.

Carnwenhan : Obviously extends the duration of songs quite a bit. After that it's a question of how much you care about extending songs as a bard. This would be okay if you really loved Bard, but it's not that good as a melee weapon (Mordant +30% is awesome, damage/delay suck and STR Thokcha probably beats it overall). 99 Carn makes it possible to maintain permanent Troub/Nightingale/Marcato buffs. Song duration with +5 Song type should be 10.5 minutes with all the proper gear.

Gastraphetes : Depends how large the Snapshot enhancement is. It hasn't been quantified. Overall though, this weapon appears to do nothing to address ranger's main problem, which is Enmity generation rather than damage. The Barrage Accuracy V thing is kind of a kick in the nuts, too. AM3 on ranged weapons is almost certainly not worth activating.

Kogarasumaru : SAM's best weapon when they can keep AM3 activated. Rana to activate it, spam Shoha. It's okay as a "tanking" GKT, but we left the balanced zone of 75 where ***didn't outright one-shot people that were prepared. Now you're either running with enough buffs to survive a monster or you're dead. An extra anticipate or two isn't going to change anything.

Nagi : "Tanking" Katana, but the damage/delay are pretty bad and NIN has never really excelled at melee "Tanking" hard things. Also, giving up their best Enmity tool (Blade: Hi) and quite a bit of DPS in exchange for 30 Enmity that will let them cap Enmity a little faster really isn't worthwhile. This is one of if not the the worst mythic(s).

Ryunohige : Awesome when you can keep AM3 up. Still honestly a pretty good option if you can't. Base damage -8 for WS damage+30% would be worth it, so see-ya Gungnir. This looks like Dragoon's best polearm in almost every situation.

Nirvana : Great Perp staff, solid boost to Avatar magic BP damage (though people tend to overstate this, it's like +25%). If you really love Summoner, I could see getting this staff.

Tizona : Tizona is a weird weapon. I'm still not sure if it's good or not, but I'm inclined to believe it is. Expiacion is unfortunately terrible even with damage +30%, but the MP draining makes sure that BLUs really just never run out of MP solo. Situations where that matters and situations where it's reasonable to keep AM3 up are mutually exclusive though, which hurts the weapon. I think it's worth having if you're a BLU4lyfe, simply because it's such a unique option.

Death Penalty : This one has probably taken the biggest fall from 75. Quick Draw Damage +60% is awesome, but Leaden Penalty pales compared to Wildfire even with damage+30%. AM3 on ranged weapons is almost certainly not worth activating.

Kenkonken : Easily one of the best Mythics. Stringing Pummel Damage +30% and Delay-50. It effectively has awesome DPS and the best WS damage. Not only that, but PUP doesn't exactly have a ton of other choices. This shits on Verth, and nothing else really matters.

Terpsichore : Damage +30% makes Pyrrhic Kleos better than Exenterator, but the damage and delay on this weapon are atrocious. It pretty much relies on AM3 to validate it, which would really only be viable in a few rare situations (playing support DNC). This is a weapon for a time that is long gone. But it looks like Raphael's sais, so I'm making it anyway.

Tupsimati : Sucks, sorry Scholars. Maybe SE will give you access to Meteor too so you can feel vindicated. It is pretty impressively useless otherwise.
[+]
First Page 2