Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 441 442 443 ... 446 447 448
By Nariont 2023-12-27 18:08:49  
Tenacity is pretty pointless imo it's less than 5% on anything that matters. Osmosis has some niche utility sure so if you got something worth stealing then it could be handy, dispels are both pretty cheap 2 for blank gaze and 3 for geist wall, so you should be able to squeeze any of those in without losing a whole trait, just depends what your whole spell list looks like

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-12-27 18:30:57  
no point in giving up 5% TA if you're hard up for points when you can drop 2 slots and 8 points by getting rid of tail slap and sickle slash, losing only 5 store TP. You also don't need Sinker Drill unless you're spamming CDC (which you shouldnt be most of the time).
[+]
By Nariont 2023-12-27 18:32:57  
I'd honestly drop diffusion ray, and/or potentially plumage and just use reiki + suppa to delay cap with minimal losses. Thad drop you 1 or 2 spells slots, 8-16 points. Not sure what your current belt/earrings are but dropping ray is -5 STP, not that awful
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-12-27 18:53:03  
Also White Wind instead of Magic Fruit.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-27 19:43:37  
If you're lowmanning / solo... You Definitely need Magic Hammer long before you should be considering fringe stuff like salvo
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-27 19:49:21  
kuroki said: »
delta thrust, barbed crescent, molting plumage -- dual wield, 10 points
You should definitely only need Delta + Barbed for DW3, then make up for the rest of it with gear.
Its been discussed ad nauseum recently, but its just inefficient to waste all the slots for higer tiers of dual wield

fantod, sudden lunge, diffusion ray, tail slap, sickle slash -- store tp, 19 points
as others have suggested, you can stick with just Lunge + Fantod.. if you're feeling frisky add in the Diffusion ray for 1 more tier, but I only ever set Slap + Slash when I'm in FULL Zerg/DD mode with a full party of buffs and support. When you're solo/lowman/multibox theres no need
nat. meditation -- accuracy bonus, 6 points
sinker drill -- critical bonus, 6 points
Some suggested cutting this, but personally I make use of the darkness from time to time when I'm solo. I see it as more useful than Triad tbh.. which I never cast due to how inacrruate/impotent the paralyze is
paralyzing triad -- skillchain bonus, 6 points
tenebral crush -- magic acc. bonus, 8 points
entomb -- defense bonus, 8 points
cocoon, magic fruit, erratic flutter -- 10 points
Nowadays I rarely use fruit in lieu of White wind which is just so powerful at a negligible increase in cost.

Assuming your subbing RDM and don't need Barrier tusk, you could fit in things like subduction or floe for cleaving/bursting, Magic Hammer, among other things
By SimonSes 2023-12-27 20:17:38  
Asura.Dexprozius said: »
If you're lowmanning / solo... You Definitely need Magic Hammer long before you should be considering fringe stuff like salvo

He wrote on last page that he has Tizona, so his mp pool should be more than fine. Also if he run Sortie with GEO like he wrote he does, then he can Indi-refresh while running between spots.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-27 21:13:34  
When I BLU with my sortie static I cleave all the flan and solo A. It's definitely nice to top off on A objectives as well as MAB boost it grants. Especially if you pop wisdom and spam a few t-bolts between your hybrid nukes, the MP gets low. Obviously Tizona is strong for MP replenishment but its certainly not infinite.

Realistically, theres not much I really need besides the essentials. If I got the 4~5 points back (hammer + sound blast?) what would I spend them on that's impactful or useful utility wise... not much. Winds of Promy for C?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-27 22:17:27  
You'd need a dedicated HP set to really appreciate the strength of White Wind, but when you do it's hard to not have it in your list
 Valefor.Aspens
サーバ: Valefor
user: Aspens
By Valefor.Aspens 2023-12-27 23:36:42  
Keep in mind TA applies to off hand swings while mythic AM3 only applies to your tiz swings

I always find myself trying to build up utility just to remove it for more DPS traits later on when I see I'm never casting them.

Build a couple sets, try them out and see how you do.
 Shiva.Cerderic
サーバ: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-12-28 15:15:59  
I use 2 sets for sortie. I get the 6 magic kills in A and then swap immediately and keep the 2nd set on the rest of the run. 1st one is just a full MAB set. I've bolded the spells I actually use.

Set #1:
--DWIII
Delta Thrust
Barbed Crescent
--TA
Empty Thrash
Heavy Strike
Thrashing Assault
--AccBonusIII
Nat. Meditation
--MABVI
Cursed Sphere
Sound Blast
Memento Mori
Dream Flower
Subduction
Spectral Floe
--MaccIII
Tenebral Crush
--EvaBonusIII
Screwdriver
Occultation
--Utility
Cocoon
Entomb

Set #2:
--DWIII
Delta Thrust
Barbed Crescent
--TA
Empty Thrash
Heavy Strike
Thrashing Assault
--AtkBonusV *swap for more acc bonus as needed
Battle Dance
Uppercut
Spinal Cleave
Thermal Pulse
Embalming Earth
--AccBonusIV
Nat. Meditation
Anvil Lightning
--STPV
Sickle Slash
Tail Slap
Fantod
Sudden Lunge
Diffusion Ray
--Utility
Cocoon
Occultation
Entomb

I was thinking of making a full comprehensive solo BLU guide for sortie since I think my runs are as efficient as they can get and also offer a lot of variability for those less geared or experienced. But I think both the time of there being interest and me giving a ***about sortie have passed.
 Shiva.Dolmen
user: Doleman
By Shiva.Dolmen 2023-12-28 15:38:35  
What do you average for gallimaufry on your BLU solo runs? I'd appreciate a guide!
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-28 17:47:34  
What do you use Diffusion Ray for? You bolded it
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-12-28 18:47:43  
7~10k depending on if I'd prefer to do basements and get earrings/starstones (which i usually do now)

i MB on bhoot, can do some pretty good damage ~60k
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-28 18:56:12  
Shiva.Cerderic said: »
7~10k depending on if I'd prefer to do basements and get earrings/starstones (which i usually do now)

i MB on bhoot, can do some pretty good damage ~60k

Since you already have Anvil Lightning in that set, try MBing that instead and let us know if it's stronger... unless your doing Diffusion Ray on a Fusion

I'd presume Anvil would outperform it is why I ask.... I never bother casting DR but I'll try it
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-12-28 19:18:02  
Since you already have Anvil Lightning in that set, try MBing that instead and let us know if it's stronger... unless your doing Diffusion Ray on a Fusion

I'd presume Anvil would outperform it is why I ask.... I never bother casting DR but I'll try it
Good idea. I've just had DR on my macro for so long I never really thought about changing it. Yes, I just do chant spam with Almace. bhoot seems to take a lot of extra damage from light skillchain compared to other enemies. assuming it's just undead modifier but chant spam definitely outperforms naegling SB. might not outperform tizona AM3 but i don't want to bother needing 300% TP before finding it.
By fillerbunny9 2023-12-28 19:43:29  
Shiva.Cerderic said: »

Good idea. I've just had DR on my macro for so long I never really thought about changing it. Yes, I just do chant spam with Almace. bhoot seems to take a lot of extra damage from light skillchain compared to other enemies. assuming it's just undead modifier but chant spam definitely outperforms naegling SB. might not outperform tizona AM3 but i don't want to bother needing 300% TP before finding it.

Bhoot drops pretty swiftly to Tizona Requiescat > Expiacion > Darkness, no AM3 needed. I just bum rush it in the standard TP set, as Occultation will do more than enough to mitigate almost all the damage it puts out.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-28 19:50:31  
I usually don't bother taking off Tiz unless I'm cleaving. Even w/ Tiz, Savage Blade > Expiacion distortion -> Spectral floe burst does great damage, even vs the Bhoot. I've been so unimpressed with CDC lately I just stay away from it unless absolutely necessary.

All that aside, if you're solo then why not switch to Maxentius when you go to zone C and just Black Halo? It crushes.. and can still light if you open with Realmrazer

fillerbunny9 said: »
Bhoot drops pretty swiftly to Tizona Requiescat > Expiacion > Darkness, no AM3 needed.

I'm curious if my skillchain of Savage>Exp:Distort is stronger. I get that the darkness will be significant, but Requiescat does such shitty damage, even I have 5/5 merits in it and it does maybe 10k?
By fillerbunny9 2023-12-28 19:58:22  
Bhoot drops pretty swiftly to Tizona Requiescat > Expiacion > Darkness, no AM3 needed.

I'm curious if my skillchain of Savage>Exp:Distort is stronger. I get that the darkness will be significant, but Requiescat does such shitty damage, even I have 5/5 merits in it and it does maybe 10k?

I am tending to get 10-12k out of Req. myself, Expiacion hits like a truck at R15, though, so I am usually getting around 50-60k with trusts, then usually a bonus 10-20k on top for 60k+ from the chain itself. it absolutely destroys the Porxie and you can get close to/hit a max damage Darkness.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-28 20:01:12  
I am tending to get 10-12k out of Req. myself, Expiacion hits like a truck at R15, though, so I am usually getting around 50-60k with trusts, then usually a bonus 10-20k on top for 60k+ from the chain itself. it absolutely destroys the Porxie and you can get close to/hit a max damage Darkness.

Oh for sure, but I thought we were talking about the Bhoot, which is why I suggested Maxentius or Tizona based skillchains rather than CDC spam bursting light.
My Expiacions are doing more than Savages, but Savage is only a little bit worse, which is leagues better than Req. That's why I think settling for a distortion rather than a darkness is better overall, but I can test.
By fillerbunny9 2023-12-28 20:04:16  

Oh for sure, but I thought we were talking about the Bhoot, which is why I suggested Maxentius or Tizona based skillchains rather than CDC spam bursting light.
My Expiacions are doing more than Savages, but Savage is only a little bit worse, which is leagues better than Req. That's why I think settling for a distortion rather than a darkness is better overall, but I can test.

we were, I was simply mentioning the Porxie as that seems to be the best way to deal with it as well.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-28 20:05:55  
Fair, I'll mess around with it next few runs and see.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-30 12:21:16  
Yesterday I was blessed with ultimate glory.... Still in shock.

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-12-30 15:10:15  
good ***dude. too bad about the DA, probably not worth an equip with tizona AM3. Eabani + Telos for me.
By Nariont 2023-12-30 15:34:38  
It's always been primarily a WS/general acc swap, especially for any added effect phy spell. Nice reward before the new year in any case, grats

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 441 442 443 ... 446 447 448