Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 450 451
By Nariont 2024-09-10 02:23:17  
From what i recall tiz expi is pretty close to naeg savage, plus all the additional utility that comes with an endless MP pool and AM3 set for it is pretty hardy since its largely malig

Not required, but very nice to have
By Shichishito 2024-09-10 02:39:45  
I always had the impression naegling is inferior not just in utility but also in a savage blade to expiacion comparison, Tizona simply hits harder.
Mind you that's from the perspective of mostly solo play. Naegling gets a lot of praise and I assume the strength of it only starts shining during party and super buffed situations due to it's attack bonus scaling with buff count.

If you find yourself solo on BLU most of the time I'd say consider making one, if you do mostly party play on BLU it still can be nice but less of a priority when you already sporting naegling.
By SimonSes 2024-09-10 04:46:02  
Shichishito said: »
I always had the impression naegling is inferior not just in utility but also in a savage blade to expiacion comparison, Tizona simply hits harder.
Mind you that's from the perspective of mostly solo play. Naegling gets a lot of praise and I assume the strength of it only starts shining during party and super buffed situations due to it's attack bonus scaling with buff count.

If you find yourself solo on BLU most of the time I'd say consider making one, if you do mostly party play on BLU it still can be nice but less of a priority when you already sporting naegling.

I think its the other way around. Naegling shines more for trust scenario, because it's easy to get lots of buffs with trusts, while at the same time you don't have all the attack buffs from real support, so Naegling bonus matters more.

In full buff scenario, Tizona and Naegling are break even until you get AM3, then Tizona blows Naegling out of the water.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-09-10 04:49:50  
Mind you that's from the perspective of mostly solo play.
It's kinda the other way around.
Well I guess it depends on many factors, but on average I'd say it's the other way around yeah.
[+]
By Shichishito 2024-09-10 06:35:47  
Can this discrepancy of observation be explained with augmented nyame vs pre nyame?
By SimonSes 2024-09-10 07:01:58  
Can this discrepancy of observation be explained with augmented nyame vs pre nyame?

Just to be clear, I'm not saying Tizona will lose to Naegling in low attack buff scenario. I'm just saying that Naegling's bonus play a bigger role for low attack buff scenario, but I'm not saying if that's enough to catch up to Tizona.
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-09-10 07:15:33  
It is also a bunch of m.acc to land tp removal spells or additional affects on things like silent storm.

Tizona is a very good mythic so if you're in the market for one and like BLU then it's a good choice. It's really only a comparison with other mythics you want and Burtgang is another good one. You're really picking which job you see yourself spending time on rather than good vs bad choice.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-09-10 09:03:06  
Asura.Valen said: »
is Tizona as mandatory if I already have Naegling and Maxentius?

It's not mandatory and I think I know what you mean.

Mythics are a huge investment. Because of that, the only Mythic I ever made was Tizona, because it was the coolest weapon for my favorite job (if I am going to make a mythic, it better be for a job I love). However, when playing BLU throughout all these years, nobody ever shamed me for not having one to be part of events. On the other hand, not having Death Penalty or Carnwenhan as COR or BRD made some groups feel uncomfortable with me singing songs or DPSing. If you are a non-Yag WHM, you may experience some pushback from groups who want the best possible weapons for that job. At one point, not being a Nirvana SMN was considered underwhelming during the AFAC days of building Aeonics. These weapons came with a stigma that it was "mandatory" to have them (note: it was not) in order to do the events on these jobs.

I wouldn't put Tizona anywhere close to this category of "mandatory". You can make one if you really like, but if you don't want to deal with the investment, skipping it is totally fine. But it is certainly the most handy "BLU" weapon to have and has been my favorite go-to job/tool to use for pretty much everything, second only to Apoc DRK (which I think is a very cool Relic Weapon).
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2024-09-10 09:16:53  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Valen said: »
is Tizona as mandatory if I already have Naegling and Maxentius?

It's not mandatory and I think I know what you mean.

Mythics are a huge investment. Because of that, the only Mythic I ever made was Tizona, because it was the coolest weapon for my favorite job (if I am going to make a mythic, it better be for a job I love). However, when playing BLU throughout all these years, nobody ever shamed me for not having one to be part of events. On the other hand, not having Death Penalty or Carnwenhan as COR or BRD made some groups feel uncomfortable with me singing songs or DPSing. If you are a non-Yag WHM, you may experience some pushback from groups who want the best possible weapons for that job. At one point, not being a Nirvana SMN was considered underwhelming during the AFAC days of building Aeonics. These weapons came with a stigma that it was "mandatory" to have them (note: it was not) in order to do the events on these jobs.

I wouldn't put Tizona anywhere close to this category of "mandatory". You can make one if you really like, but if you don't want to deal with the investment, skipping it is totally fine. But it is certainly the most handy "BLU" weapon to have and has been my favorite go-to job/tool to use for pretty much everything, second only to Apoc DRK (which I think is a very cool Relic Weapon).

“Mandatory” Weapons huh?

Why Carnwenhan??? Great duration booster but you should be able to Full-Time NITRO without it? I’ve seen this before and it always confused me so I’m clearly missing something on that one.

Sorry for the derail, was just curious.

Also if you like BLU, you’ll LOVE Tizona, it’s the perfect BLU Sword.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-09-10 09:18:54  
I think the chief difference in groups asking if you have a Tizona when you're a BLU and asking if you have a Carn/DP when you're a BRD/COR is that scenarios where groups are asking for a BLU are exceedingly rare and scenarios where groups are asking for a BRD/COR are basically everything.

This also means that very few people know what the hell a BLU is supposed to have or not supposed to have, but anyone with a pulse knows "BRD needs 4 REMA" and "COR needs Rostam and DP" so...you get those kinds of canned responses.

Tizona is excellent and helps BLU quite a bit. Unfortunately (or fortunately) BLU is rarely under a microscope as far as its gear goes because it's rarely required for any content and when it is required, chances are the leader has never touched BLU in their life and has no ability to scrutinize whether or not your BLU is capable of doing the content in question.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-09-10 09:21:06  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Why Carnwenhan??? Great duration booster but you should be able to Full-Time NITRO without it? I’ve seen this before and it always confused me so I’m clearly missing something on that one.

You can't without a Carn. You need to do some bridge songs to make it work, especially when Clarion Call is down (the buff, not the 5th song). It also makes your SV songs last 15 minutes instead of 12, which is very important for Ody bosses in particular. It also greatly increases the duration of your debuffs which can often be relevant AND it is used as a DPS weapon in some circumstances. It's not optional for end-game BRDing, but also highly overblown in fights where it's not necessary, because moron PUGs judge people based on REMAs, not based on any nuance whatsoever.
[+]
By SimonSes 2024-09-10 09:50:26  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
I think the chief difference in groups asking if you have a Tizona when you're a BLU and asking if you have a Carn/DP when you're a BRD/COR is that scenarios where groups are asking for a BLU are exceedingly rare and scenarios where groups are asking for a BRD/COR are basically everything.

This also means that very few people know what the hell a BLU is supposed to have or not supposed to have, but anyone with a pulse knows "BRD needs 4 REMA" and "COR needs Rostam and DP" so...you get those kinds of canned responses.

Tizona is excellent and helps BLU quite a bit. Unfortunately (or fortunately) BLU is rarely under a microscope as far as its gear goes because it's rarely required for any content and when it is required, chances are the leader has never touched BLU in their life and has no ability to scrutinize whether or not your BLU is capable of doing the content in question.

Exactly this. I would guess from people not playing BLU or even including BLU without Tizona, they have no idea that it (with AM3) heavily beats Naegling. Most people don't know that Tizona BLU is one of the top DPS too and also don't know almost any of blu buff and debuffs, beside maybe TP reduction and Mighty Guard.
[+]
 Asura.Valen
user: Rhad
By Asura.Valen 2024-09-10 12:34:08  
Thanks everyone for the replies.

I used the word "mandatory" because I was led to believe that Burtgang, which was my initial choice, is practically mandatory for PLDs everywhere.

I'm still torn on whether I should go with Burtgang or Tizona, since I'm really loving BLU, but to me it seems the discourse surrounding the weapon isn't as black and white compared to the case in Burtgang.

I'll think about it with care. Thanks!!
By Veydal1 2024-09-10 16:54:30  
Burtgang is great but is not mandatory either...Few things are mandatory. You can tank all of wave 3 solo with no issues without Burtgang. Tanking Ody v25 has been no problem. If you like BLU more than PLD, and are looking to make a Mythic, go for Tizona. Throw on a Sakpata sword or Malignance sword, you'll be fine.

BLU is blessed in that it gets to use a different weapon and WS that isn't Naegling / Savage Blade and excel. Make no mistake about it, it's STRONG. BLU also has access to plenty of accuracy via Traits from BLU spells and gear, so you're able to get away with using TP bonus offhand more often than not. 10/10 highly recommend.
By belgarionriva76 2024-09-17 14:32:51  
i been scrolling a long way back from end, but did not find a satisfying answer ( yet ) so can someone tell me, is the Malig gear still the go to gear for a DPS blu ? or is for instance Nyame R25 set better, and safer to use.
Trying to optimize my blu and these guides are my go to place for information, if someone able to post their DPS set to max out tp gain, while staying alive solo, that would be awesome

*Edit*
I have Tizona R15, Neckpiece+2 R25 and full Empy+3 5/5
so maybe those need to be in the mix as well
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-09-17 15:02:55  
ItemSet 396855

This is what I wear; it's only 42% PDT so you might want to swap in dring or something if what you're facing is truly dangerous, but this is pretty solid for most content.

What you wear will depend on how much DW you have set in your spells, if you have Haste Samba (from yourself or a DNC main), and what gear you have access to. This set assumes you have R25/30 Gleti armor, for example. If not that, I'd probably just wear 5/5 Malignance. My spell set for "hard DD" includes only 1 trait of DW (plus the 2 free from JP gifts) so I need 11 DW to cap attack delay.
By belgarionriva76 2024-09-17 15:11:39  
awesome, ty, no Gleti R25 yet, so i stick with malig then
By zeta 2024-09-19 12:21:00  
Is the white wind set from the main page still the go to? Or is there another? Thanks.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-09-19 13:03:29  
Personally, I opted for the White Wind Recommended set that doesn't utilize the Pinga+1 pieces and am extremely happy with it. You can modify this set if you wanted something with more defense, in that case you can add more tanky pieces accordingly (like drop Meridian Ring for Defending Ring or Egoist Tathlum for Staunch +1). The set has been very solid for me, though, and it's much more affordable than the BIS WW set for barely any noticeable potency.

The only difference in the below set I would change is Platinum Moogle Belt over Gold Moogle Belt, but I assume Proth made this set prior to it's release and just never updated the belt (same icon).

ItemSet 379049
By zeta 2024-09-19 13:17:46  
Thanks. It has been a while since i looked at my WW set and recently trying to audit my gear to see what i dont need.

is Pinga+1 BiS?
By SimonSes 2024-09-19 15:24:03  
This is mine:
Code
ammo="Egoist's Tathlum",
		head="Pinga Crown +1", -- 10% CP
		body="Pinga Tunic +1", -- 15% CP
		hands={ name="Telchine Gloves", augments={'Mag. Evasion+20','Potency of "Cure" effect received+7%','HP+43',}}, -- 10% CP 7%CPR
		legs="Pinga Pants +1", -- 13% CP
		feet={ name="Telchine Pigaches", augments={'Mag. Evasion+24','Potency of "Cure" effect received+7%','HP+37',}}, -- 7% CPR
		neck="Unmoving Collar +1",
		waist="Plat. Mog. Belt",
		left_ear="Odnowa Earring +1",
		right_ear="Tuisto Earring",
		left_ring="Kunaji Ring", -- 5%CPR
		right_ring="Gelatinous Ring +1",
		back="Moonlight Cape",}
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2024-09-19 16:06:42  
This set is not haste capped, unless I'm missing something? °-°

I'm the same when it comes to DW btw. I only equip 1 DW trait so need ~11% in gear to cap.
 Gilgamesh.Maletaru
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Maletaru 2024-09-19 16:10:00  
Asura.Sechs said: »

I'm the same when it comes to DW btw. I only equip 1 DW trait so need ~11% in gear to cap.

FML it's not lol. Gonna have to adjust that...maybe haste belt and DW on cape.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2024-09-19 16:34:22  
Gilgamesh.Maletaru said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »

FML it's not lol. Gonna have to adjust that...maybe haste belt and DW on cape.
I lost count how many times a similar error happened to me.
It's all because of SE's strange model.
For several years they used the model with 9% haste on pants, then more recently they started to go back to the 5% haste on legs.
The problem happens when you mix sets from model1 and model2, exactly what you did here ;_;

As long as you keep using Malignance Legs you're probably gonna be fine btw, but if you wanna remove them for Gleti or whatever else you need to find a solution to compensate the lack of haste and at that point, excluding Lehko's ring, I don't think you have many options, just the ones you mentioned.
Think I'd go with DW on cape and Sailfi+1.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-09-19 17:22:48  
Yeah your options that don't involve things like taeon and adhemar to avoid being squishy are both DW earrings, DW cape, or a Haste cape while keeping DW belt.

Sailfi belt gets you more multi-attack while making haste easy. If you want to go that way then dw earrings gets you 9DW, dw cape gets you 10, and a nonconventional DW cape with only 7 DW and the eabani earring gets you 11 DW but you're burning an extra earring slot worrying about fully capped delay.
First Page 2 3 ... 450 451