{fact}
 Ramuh.Urial
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-05-24 16:28:51  
Mabrook said:
Rowland said:
BLMs should understand hate control once in awhile.

should is the key word there, but we all know all BLMs are nukeaholics lol.

LOL thats hate contwhaaaa? you saying i shouldnt do ele seal tornado 2 with my enmity + blm at the beginning of the fight? im not following you here row.....i need moar damage lmao.....yes im pretty sure thats why i dont go on blm anymore
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-24 16:36:12  
PLD doesn't need W Legs to kite anything. It's really easy without.

RDM needs W Legs to do a lot of solos, and it makes existing ones much easier.
 Pandemonium.Knightofdragons
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Knightofdragons 2009-05-24 16:36:54  
W.abj legs arnt needed 2 Kite Kirin, So i dnt see why pld needs jst for that,
even thow still there shldnt be any job priorty on W.abj Legs other than Drk i can't see any job that wouldnt benfite any less than another job,
 Asura.Zekky
サーバ: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-24 16:42:04  
Raenryong said:
PLD doesn't need W Legs to kite anything. It's really easy without.

RDM needs W Legs to do a lot of solos, and it makes existing ones much easier.

... I don't know how to reply to this... really. I don't... because w legs are a must have for PLDs when kiting a lot of the jailers or NMs in sea.

Jailer of Faith, Jailer of Fortitude, Ix'DRK, Jailer of Temperance are NMs that if you don't have w legs, you're just going to get your face stomped in. And with Jailer of Faith's spamming of slowga and breakga, it is nice being able to outrun his cast time to get 30' away to avoid the spells.

Then if you're low-manning Despot, if grav wears and then gets resisted, it's nice having that. Same with low-manning Ulli. And then kiting Mother Globe... So I'm confused now... How are w legs not needed for PLD?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-24 16:42:51  
LV 73 RDM PLD DRK RNG DRG BLU COR

RDM - Solo; don't get these for RDM over a soloist RDM; it's stupid.
PLD - Kiting obviously
DRK - Towngear
RNG - Movement speed though can also get Strider's/Trotter's/Skadi
DRG - Towngear
BLU - Towngear... maybe some solos?
COR - Movement speed though can also get Hermes' Sandals/Skadi

I'm having a hell of a time getting Crimson Cuisses cause people want them for town gear <_>
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-24 16:45:12  
JoFaith stops to cast often so he's easy enough to outrun.

JoFortitude is challenging either way, better to have a RDM kite him.

Ix'DRK stops to cast crappy spells.

JoT is a ***, W Legs or not you're gonna get caught up with if you're trying to hold any hate - this fight is more to do with the quality of your cotank.

Take Despot to the pond, lowman should involve mainly mages anyway. Can kite there easily.

Mother Globe is best done by a RDM.
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-24 16:47:47  
Uh huh... RDM doing better than PLD on MG? No.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-24 16:49:24  
Bind, quicker Utsusemis, more MDB if you get by magic, Gravity, better damage reduction gear for kiting (since you don't want to be standing facing it to shield block, do you?), better hate tools for kited fights... etc.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-05-24 16:49:37  
Raenryong said:

JoT is a ***, W Legs or not you're gonna get caught up with if you're trying to hold any hate - this fight is more to do with the quality of your cotank.

Take Despot to the pond, lowman should involve mainly mages anyway. Can kite there easily.

ok you can go back to your rdm can solo everything corner and play with yourself, for everyne who actually does stuff in parties where hate control is a must....i think we will give to pld's first
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-24 16:50:35  
Urial said:
Raenryong said:

ok you can go back to your rdm can solo everything corner and play with yourself, for everyne who actually does stuff in parties where hate control is a must....i think we will give to pld's first
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-24 16:52:28  
Ever tried RDM tanking? I think you'd be impressed. I have both RDM and PLD75, and RDM dominates PLD on anything you can't Atonement spam.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-24 16:53:01  
Yeah letting solo Rdms have it first is like ughh...how does that benefit everyone else? Might as well apply normal rules for it. At least giving it to Plds first (main Plds that is) will make the endgame runs much smoother. Sure it may not be 'needed' but it sure as hell makes it easier, meaning more W.legs, meaning everyone is happy.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-05-24 16:53:36  
no no we understand every server has teh rdm with a ega hard n for rdm and its ok we undrstand your narrowminded
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-24 16:54:32  
Raenryong said:
Bind, quicker Utsusemis, more MDB if you get by magic, Gravity, better damage reduction gear for kiting (since you don't want to be standing facing it to shield block, do you?), better hate tools for kited fights... etc.

You're talking about soloing also. And gravity will eventually get resisted and so will bind. What are you going to do when that happens? And a PLD with the iron ram gear and a lot of other MDB gear can match that of a RDM and RDMs don't have better damage reduction gear either. PLDs can have the same as well. And PLDs have better hate tools for kiting? Where are you getting your PLD intel from? 2004? Sentinel, Rampart, Flash, Invincible, cures, etc... And a PLD with homam, haste, and Victory March can hit the 50% recast on spells... so Ni, flash, and ichi are being recasted pretty fast. =\
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-24 16:55:22  
Using your logic above;

Both PLD and RDMs are tanks. If your shell doesn't use RDM to tank, invite them to 2009. 2008 even really.

So right now, 1 point to each. However, RDM can solo. PLD cannot.

2 points to RDM, 1 point to PLD.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-24 16:55:30  
Or we can stop *** QQing and agree they just go to whoever has the most points and can wear them. I don't care what job you are, if I'm a DRK and have 50+ points more than you, and we get 2-4 points per run, and you get them first? I'm spike flailing MoFos. If you put the time for them, you should be able to get them. Job priority fails.

At most, set a priority limit. Such as A DRK has to have 30 MORE points than a PLD or RDM to sole lot it.
[+]
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-24 16:55:44  
Raenryong said:
Ever tried RDM tanking? I think you'd be impressed. I have both RDM and PLD75, and RDM dominates PLD on anything you can't Atonement spam.

I think you're just doing PLD wrong then. Sorry. =(
Urial said:
no no we understand every server has teh rdm with a ega hard n for rdm and its ok we undrstand your narrowminded

^
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-24 16:57:46  
what a debate this has turned into <.>
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-24 16:58:00  
Paladin's methods of generating hate in a kited fight are:

JAs - spiked but every few minutes
Flash - spiked but infrequentish
Curecheat - too slow to use kiting generally
Some use Ichi ninjutsu - too slow to use kiting generally

RDM's methods of generating hate are:

Dispel - Fastish
Blind - Very fast
Sleep II - Fast
Sleep - Fast

RDM is better at gradual hate, PLD is better at spiked hate. Therefore, it is important that the PLD's spiked hate IS spiked. If you want to match RDM damage reduction, you need to use a Terra's Staff which results in less hate (or you can give up Chivalry -- you will get enough TP for it in a long drawn out fight if it's rough ;x).

Magic Defence you can't touch on RDM; RDM can wear Coral and sets like Morrigan's/Errant to reduce INT-based magic damage.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-05-24 16:58:07  
Raenryong said:
Using your logic above;

Both PLD and RDMs are tanks. If your shell doesn't use RDM to tank, invite them to 2009. 2008 even really.

So right now, 1 point to each. However, RDM can solo. PLD cannot.

2 points to RDM, 1 point to PLD.

you must not know what pld/dnc with a high def build and a joytoy
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-24 16:58:47  
Raenryong said:

... Huh?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-24 17:00:42  
Tell me what PLD/DNC can solo which is worthwhile and critically why it needs W Legs to do so?

RDMs have been tanking for ages now; it's much better on mobs you can't engage. If you can engage, PLD atonement spam > all.
 Caitsith.Bryeen
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Bryeen
By Caitsith.Bryeen 2009-05-24 17:00:56  
Eternaltriumph said:
Or we can stop *** QQing and agree they just go to whoever has the most points and can wear them. I don't care what job you are, if I'm a DRK and have 50+ points more than you, and we get 2-4 points per run, and you get them first? I'm spike flailing MoFos. If you put the time for them, you should be able to get them. Job priority fails.

^ this this this
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-24 17:04:46  
Bryeen said:
Eternaltriumph said:

^ this this this

I'm sure the guy without the job leveld and will never level it can get the item.
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-24 17:05:39  
Physical dmg gear that PLDs could wear + Terra's + Jelly. Then for MDB you can equip coral and Iron ram... o.O And with a proper +enmity set up, a PLD will have hate and be able to control hate with his "lesser" abilities to a RDM.