A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 99 100 101
By Chimerawizard 2015-11-01 11:46:51  
both nukes, seshaw cape should win.
all helix's automatically get day/weather bonus so swap out the obi.
I'd pixie anytime using noctohelix2. weatherspoon ring if I ever actually find a time to luminohelix2 as well.
if i made a mistake in any of the spoilers, lemme know. I didn't want to go through and check for the base damage 'D' of the formulas, so there is a chance the INT/mDMG difference could change the math out of what is expected given the rest of the info.
When adding I went from left > right, starting at base > traits > gifts > weapon > augment > grip > etc.

edit: new page, showing what the base of the math sets is from.
Asura.Miizuki said: »

@kaustra set: Only changes I can think to mention are seshaw cape & if your unity isn't rank'd #1; Ombre Tathlum +1. Because, mDMG isn't part of the kaustra damage formula.
By Chimerawizard 2015-11-01 12:00:21  
Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Can someone give me general idea of how to skillchain on scholar? Most of my sets on black Mage can carry over to scholar. I see the skillchain chart and a little confused but it. What's the skillchain people general uses? Does each element works best for certain spells? Like for example does immanence stone immanence stone and you magic burst thunder? Is first magic burst a helix spell for damage over time? Thanks in advance.
Skillchains are pretty simple if you just make a macro for each you are trying to make.
for example. Fusion
Code
/p
/ja "Immanence" <me> <wait1>
/ma "Fire" <t> <wait4>
/p
/ma "Thunder" <t>

I stuck the last party at a point where I expect the nuke to go off before someone could insta-cast and miss burst.
Distortion opens with helix which takes a bit longer, I add 2s to that one's wait. Though, depending on gear only 1s would probably be needed.

skillchians:
Fusion = Fire > Thunder
Fragmentation = Ice > Water
Distortion = Light > Earth
Gravitation = Wind > Darkness

plouton likes to absorb water when he is weak to thunder, so I suggest in that case:
Impaction = Ice > Thunder

Helixes can take a long time to recast. If I am having an issue doing the double elements at the speed the others want:
Water = Earth > Water
Ice = Water > Ice
Earth = Wind > Earth
Dark = SoL

EDIT:
"Is first magic burst a helix spell for damage over time?"
Yes. However only burst a helix if you expect it to remain on said NM for at least 45s As a normal nuke burst will likely do more damage than 3~4 helix tocks. (tock=9s)
Also, if you do not have 1200 JP. don't even bother bursting helix if you need to make distortion/gravitation skillchains as it will be overwritten the next time you make a skillchain.

Hope this helped.
[+]
 Asura.Miizuki
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Miizuki
By Asura.Miizuki 2015-11-01 13:24:37  
Thanks for the answer, and thanks for the math you did there Chimerawizard, Much appreciated.

And yea I did not know that Helix was getting full effect of Day/Weather without obi, I'll change the belt right away.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-11-02 08:04:28  
Chimerawizard said: »
Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Can someone give me general idea of how to skillchain on scholar? Most of my sets on black Mage can carry over to scholar. I see the skillchain chart and a little confused but it. What's the skillchain people general uses? Does each element works best for certain spells? Like for example does immanence stone immanence stone and you magic burst thunder? Is first magic burst a helix spell for damage over time? Thanks in advance.
Skillchains are pretty simple if you just make a macro for each you are trying to make.
for example. Fusion
Code
/p
/ma "Fire" <t> <wait4>
/p
/ma "Thunder" <t>

I stuck the last party at a point where I expect the nuke to go off before someone could insta-cast and miss burst.
Distortion opens with helix which takes a bit longer, I add 2s to that one's wait. Though, depending on gear only 1s would probably be needed.

skillchians:
Fusion = Fire > Thunder
Fragmentation = Ice > Water
Distortion = Light > Earth
Gravitation = Wind > Darkness

plouton likes to absorb water when he is weak to thunder, so I suggest in that case:
Impaction = Ice > Thunder

Helixes can take a long time to recast. If I am having an issue doing the double elements at the speed the others want:
Water = Earth > Water
Ice = Water > Ice
Earth = Wind > Earth
Dark = SoL

EDIT:
"Is first magic burst a helix spell for damage over time?"
Yes. However only burst a helix if you expect it to remain on said NM for at least 45s As a normal nuke burst will likely do more damage than 3~4 helix tocks. (tock=9s)
Also, if you do not have 1200 JP. don't even bother bursting helix if you need to make distortion/gravitation skillchains as it will be overwritten the next time you make a skillchain.

Hope this helped.

Thank you. Really appreciate. What's /p?
By Chimerawizard 2015-11-02 08:16:25  
/party starting (Skillchain) (Fusion)
/party (Fusion) Complete!

or something like that. /p is just the short /party. like /ja is the short for /jobability.
 Shiva.Hiep
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-11-03 06:16:40  
Not really good with gear calculations, but does having the Amalric set bonus beat out Arbatel Loafers +1 for regular and MB nukes?
By Chimerawizard 2015-11-03 07:16:46  
Chimerawizard said: »
If you only have 2 pieces of amalric +1, the difference weighs in favor of wearing amalric +1 feet; more +1 bring favor back toward af3+1 feet.
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-11-03 07:55:23  
I have body/hands/feet. So in my case, I should be using body/hands/arbatel loafers?
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-11-03 07:57:48  
Nvm read the math formulas. Thanks Chimera!
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-11-15 19:17:27  
There's really good options with Merlinic Hood/legs/feet depending on augments
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2015-11-18 10:55:33  
For Helix Bursting which should I use?
Arbatal+1 or
Merlinic Hood INT+6, Magic Accuracy 35, MAB 37
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-11-18 11:00:44  
Merlinic. It's nice to have macc especially when you're doing content over i119 w/o GEO.
By Boshi 2015-11-18 11:16:01  
2 Chironic hands augs I've received using p.stones
int9 macc22 mattk37
mnd10 macc31 mattk33 conserve mp1
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-18 11:42:13  
So given the new HQ abj and Reisen gear (aug).
Do Empy head and feet (119) still win over those options, with Ebullience and Klimaform respectively?
 Odin.Lygre
サーバ: Odin
user: Dylaudid
By Odin.Lygre 2015-11-22 07:11:13  
Asura.Sechs said: »
So given the new HQ abj and Reisen gear (aug).
Do Empy head and feet (119) still win over those options, with Ebullience and Klimaform respectively?

My testing (sorry it's not elaborately documented or anything; I'm a bit strung out right now) puts Merlinic Hood and Crackows with the augments listed in the following set beating Empy head and feet regardless of Ebullience and/or Klimaform being active, GIVEN that you are magic bursting. I even tried capping MB Damage elsewhere and my results still have Empyrean Head/Feet losing by a considerable margin--IF you're bursting.

ItemSet 339551

I have a separate set of Merlinic/Chironic augmented for non-MB'd nukes and even though this gear is remarkable, for non-MB'd nukes given that their respective buffs are active, Empyrean Head/Feet come out ahead. Given the maths, this is kind of a given but I felt the need to poke around.

ItemSet 339552

This set lists the non-MB nuke gear I paired Empyrean against, and I did so separately and together (Ebullience and Klimaform, that is).
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-22 08:24:47  
Quote:

Empy feet still do more damage than +50MAB total chironic feet. If somehow possible shift the +MagicBurst bonus needed to legs, body and head now.

Personally I don't use Empy hat anymore for a massive amount of MACC loss over Merlinic head. On Loafers you only give up 7-17 depening on Augments but on head it's a massive 16-55.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-11-22 09:11:12  
Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Quote:

Empy feet still do more damage than +50MAB total chironic feet. If somehow possible shift the +MagicBurst bonus needed to legs, body and head now.

Personally I don't use Empy hat anymore for a massive amount of MACC loss over Merlinic head. On Loafers you only give up 7-17 depening on Augments but on head it's a massive 16-55.

Ty can I ask u to post ur set? I'm pretty up there tryin to see what I am missing. Thanks.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-22 09:41:10  
Augments:
Merlinic Head INT+8 MACC+34 MAB+35
Merlinic Body INT+10 MACC+29 MAB+33
Merlinic Legs MACC+30 MAB+37
Chironic Hands INT+5 MACC+33 MAB+32
Chironic Feet MACC+29 MAB+36

ItemSet 339557

ItemSet 339559

- Hachirin-no-Obi for Nukes on day/weather
- Savant Loafers +1 for Klimaform + day/weather
- Sancity Necklace and Dignitary's Earring for "HighMACC" set. It's amazing how close the gap now is from low to high MACC sets. In this case only 26 MACC when it used to be 60+
- MB set switches to seconary legs with MACC+19 MAB+30 MB+10.

I used loads and loads of stones for the augments and they are still not close to "perfect" but way above average. I did a little TimeAttack test last night on how many NMs I could solo with trusts in the duration of one Radialens.

Results:
15 NMs cycling Sabotender, Dullahan and Buggard to limit trips to NPC. Buggard is by far the fastest and least dangerous and it might possibly be faster to just spam it and take the distance running.

Loot gained during the 1 hour duration:
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-11-22 10:16:29  
Thank u ty
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-22 16:12:46  
I'm curious, is Twilight Cape dead, now? I could have sworn the 5% bonus was still valuable, especially with storm 2s.
 Fenrir.Montaeg
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2015-11-22 17:08:10  
I think most people still use it unless they need seshaw to cap MBD.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-23 02:42:10  
Quote:
I'm curious, is Twilight Cape dead, now?

I am getting slightly MORE damage with the 11MAB on Seshaw cape (overcapped +MB for this) than I am getting with Twilight cape. I think Storm IIs actually made it worse than better. Toro or +5 INT Bookworm cape should be even better.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-23 03:19:28  
Looks like I'll adjust my set with Twilight > Seshaw and Static > Friomisi. Or would you suggest keeping Static and instead replacing Twilight for Toro? Much appreciated for the information.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-23 03:23:44  
No gaining 10 MAB from losing Static should be the best for now and should clearly win as you gain +21MAB total vs the Twilight cape that should be good but somehow isn't anymore.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-23 04:47:43  
I know lolembrava these days, but has anybody ever performed any test concerning tiers above 500?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-23 05:01:01  
It was said by SE that 500 is the cap. Embrava is better than ever with Revitalizer spam in Escha. Especially for the T3 "Neak" that is very Voidsong happy.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-23 05:09:06  
Thanks a lot for the advice. Magic damage calculations have never been my strong suit. Apologies for yet another question, but would you suggest Toro for regular nuking during weather now, too?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-23 05:15:22  
Magic calculations also are not my strong suit. Going out into the field however and nuking things for half an hour with different setups is.

As far as I remember Toro is ahead of +5INT Bookwork on the highest tier nuke spells Fire V+ by a small margin . It's not significant enough for me to lose an inv slot and my Elemental skill. If you are about min/maxing however then you can use Toro for that.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-23 05:18:28  
Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
It was said by SE that 500 is the cap. Embrava is better than ever with Revitalizer spam in Escha. Especially for the T3 "Neak" that is very Voidsong happy.
Do you remember where SE said that 500 is the cap for Embrava, by any chance?
Back then you could barely get above 500 skill (think cap with BiS gear back then was 511?) but now a 2100 JP SCH with best gear can get way above it.

Has it ever been tested to see if HP/tic breaks 72? I'm a bit skeptic on the MP and especially haste cap, but not so much on the HP one.
Also, was it ever tested how Embrava works compared to Flurry2 and how much does it give at 500 skill?
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 99 100 101