フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Help with WHM DD Sets
Help with WHM DD Sets
 Cerberus.Corphish
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Lobster
By Cerberus.Corphish 2013-03-19 21:05:41  
Fantastic, that's what I use now.

Also I think Oreiad's Tathlum would be a new Realm contender for ammo.
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-03-19 21:20:19  
Oh, I didn't know that existed!
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-03-19 21:26:08  
Wouldn't Marduk's dastanas +1 be better for Realm? Similar to how Hyaline Hat beats Magavan Beret for Realm?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-03-19 21:28:44  
Yep!
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-04-02 12:36:48  
Just a small update to this, I imagine Orvail souliers will out do Marduk's crackows +1 in most WS sets now.

Also, any aspiring melee WHMs in SoA areas should at least be popping pizza to cap their accuracy on. I haven't done any official parsing, but things are bloody evasive, even with capped + meritted Club skill.
[+]
 Odin.Nagatnas
サーバ: Odin
user: Nagatna
By Odin.Nagatnas 2013-04-13 15:57:34  
And why exactly am I terrible person for having my Moonshade set to Refresh? I main White Mage, not DD White mage. If you can give me a good reason to it then I will consider changing it. Just because is not a logical answer as well. Last I checked in order for regain to work you had to have your weapon drawn. Not to mention you gear swap your weapon between refresh, cure potency, Enhancing, as well as couple other things. Therefor having a regain earring would be pointless for someone who plays as a healer most the time. Also when you can show me a parse proving that a DD Whm can hold his own in Legion, Odin V2, or ADL then I can be persuaded that this job as an actual DD is worth it.
 Bahamut.Poppadom
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Poppadom
By Bahamut.Poppadom 2013-04-13 16:14:55  
Regain earring lol, Attack and TP bonus boris
[+]
 Odin.Nagatnas
サーバ: Odin
user: Nagatna
By Odin.Nagatnas 2013-04-13 16:43:31  
I still don't feel that assists with a Main White Mage in an End Game Linkshell. Perhaps if you had DD's yourself Or you were not in Serious Endgame. I'll keep my extra Refresh and not burn in hell for it thank you very much. Though thank you for the clarification.
By Heimdel 2013-04-13 16:51:13  
Something that i loved but was never really given a lot of credit is Dominion Mace . Notice the restores hp instead of drain hp add effect. One club i wish pld and some other jobs could use.

Another decent piece is Hydra Doublet .
 Sylph.Binckry
サーバ: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2013-04-13 19:34:50  
Odin.Nagatnas said: »
I still don't feel that assists with a Main White Mage in an End Game Linkshell. Perhaps if you had DD's yourself Or you were not in Serious Endgame. I'll keep my extra Refresh and not burn in hell for it thank you very much. Though thank you for the clarification.
you do have DD jobs though. D:
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-13 19:39:35  
A Refresh Moonshade is netting you 20MP/minute so you get an extra Cure V every ~7 mins or so which is pretty pathetic considering almost every melee job can make use of TP bonus Moonshade Earring and in any event where WHM's MP pool would theoretically become an issue - on top of the large amount of refresh they can already equip - they are going to have support from a job capable of providing even more refresh.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-13 19:47:26  
And why exactly am I terrible person for having my Moonshade set to Refresh? I main White Mage, not DD White mage. If you can give me a good reason to it then I will consider changing it. Just because is not a logical answer as well. Last I checked in order for regain to work you had to have your weapon drawn. Not to mention you gear swap your weapon between refresh, cure potency, Enhancing, as well as couple other things. Therefor having a regain earring would be pointless for someone who plays as a healer most the time. Also when you can show me a parse proving that a DD Whm can hold his own in Legion, Odin V2, or ADL then I can be persuaded that this job as an actual DD is worth it.

Also this is one of the dumbest posts I have ever read, and I read the official forums.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lithical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lithical 2013-04-13 20:28:21  
Also when you can show me a parse proving that a DD Whm can hold his own in Legion, Odin V2, or ADL then I can be persuaded that this job as an actual DD is worth it.

Spoiler'd because I couldn't figure out how to make it pretty in code, but a Hall of Mul with 5 other DDs (All WARs or DRKs and a MNK) from 3 months ago.

Disclaimer: My moonshade is refresh
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-13 20:51:45  
That's actually pretty impressive, but Refresh Moonshades are still for mules!
By Dantedmc 2013-04-15 19:32:17  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
A Refresh Moonshade is netting you 20MP/minute so you get an extra Cure V every ~7 mins or so

That's not 100% true. Cure V is only 122mp /sch and if you are casting in orison pantaloons +2 and have 1100 cure V its only around 67.

Additionally alot of whms use cure IV which is even more efficient. It's only 80mp /sch and using an 880 cure IV as an example the cost is down to about 36 mp. I'll take a free cure IV every ~2 minutes

Not trying to argue against melee moonshade, just pointing that out.
By Latifah 2013-04-15 20:16:34  
These sets are not helping the OP at all, instead putting easy to get and "realistic" items, they put a kraken club or stuff that requires full pts or linkshell events,. Shedir Manteel seriously? i can't recall any linkshell or someone that does revamped sea events like that atm (Lakshmi).

You'll be better with goliard saio or the occ hits 2-4 atk club instead kraken (alternatives), if you don't want to spend a considerable amount of time farming gil for a kc or buying lots of gil for it.
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-04-15 20:19:22  
Latifah said: »
These sets are not helping the OP at all, instead putting easy to get and "realistic" items, they put a kraken club or stuff that requires full pts or linkshell events,. Shedir Manteel seriously? i can't recall any linkshell or someone that does revamped sea events like that atm (Lakshmi).

You'll be better with goliard saio or the occ hits 2-4 atk club instead kraken (alternatives), if you don't want to spend a huge amount of time farming gil for a kc or buying lots of gil for it.

Fenrir.Camaroz
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2013-04-15 20:28:23  

You'll be better with goliard saio or the occ hits 2-4 atk club instead kraken (alternatives), if you don't want to spend a considerable amount of time farming gil for a kc or buying lots of gil for it.

Hello hello!

Now the issue I am having is what is the best sets to go for with not only Hexa Strike, but also just for TP. The TP set I am having the most issues with.

Best sets were asked and given
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-04-17 09:49:06  
slightly off topic.

how does the emp-1 club at 99 fare against dhyana rod?

purly dd wise and only dingle wielding
its not gonna be paired with a tope of the line dd gearset
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-18 00:57:57  
Dantedmc said: »
A Refresh Moonshade is netting you 20MP/minute so you get an extra Cure V every ~7 mins or so

That's not 100% true. Cure V is only 122mp /sch and if you are casting in orison pantaloons +2 and have 1100 cure V its only around 67.

Additionally alot of whms use cure IV which is even more efficient. It's only 80mp /sch and using an 880 cure IV as an example the cost is down to about 36 mp. I'll take a free cure IV every ~2 minutes

Not trying to argue against melee moonshade, just pointing that out.

While you're technically correct! I didn't really mention an important Caveat with the moonshade (which goes for any refresh gear) it's only good insofar as it's equipped during that refresh tic!

If you're not casting often enough that you're almost always getting that tic, then you don't need the extra MP from Moonshade. If the opposite is true, you're going to need external sources of refresh to sustain yourself and you're not getting much extra MP from Moonshade.

If you really don't play anything but WHM and you really don't have interest in meleeing on WHM then Refresh Moonshade is for you, but these days even the career mages of yesteryear tend to have a melee they play frequently enough that would benefit from a TP bonus moonshade much more than a WHM would benefit from Refresh moonshade.

I've posted in another thread the rankings for offhands and everything pales in comparison to Kraken. I do however sort of operate under the assumption that if someone can afford a Mjollnir that they're really not all that serious about, they can probably piece together a Kraken Club.

As for Neo-Limbus -- Arch-Ultima is a joke. I've killed it with a party of naked PUG summoners (half of whom spent the fight dead because they couldn't figure out how to stand 20' away). I've also killed it with DNC+MNK and two 2boxed mages, so I'm sure someone in a linkshell that does Legion and Odin II can scrape up a couple of DDs to whack it to death a few times for Shedir Manteel (it has other desirable drops too, even!).
 Cerberus.Corphish
By Cerberus.Corphish 2013-04-18 01:36:01  
I'm serious abouy my Mjo, but I can't get a KC... :(
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-18 01:41:10  
Cerberus.Corphish said: »
I'm serious abouy my Mjo, but I can't get a KC... :(

But see! I said if you can afford to get a Mjollnir and aren't serious about it!
 Cerberus.Corphish
By Cerberus.Corphish 2013-04-18 01:47:34  
I just remembered a question I wanted to ask.

I have OA2-4. I use it less than my STR club, but the times I need the extra hits for more TP, I use it over STR.

Is Nabu's Jubbah (with its DA+3%) hurting my OA2-4 alot? Thought I read DA is checked before Occ.

Eventually I do plan on getting Shedir, but a little tough finding people at the moment.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-18 02:16:43  
If you were on Fenrir I'd kill it for you!

That aside! from : http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/31534/math-oax-multi-attack-and-you/

Quote:
Thm 4.1 Interaction Theorem

Let A be our average attacks per round, R>0 be the multi-attack rate of order O and A_w be the average hits per round of an OAX weapon. If O > A_w, then increasing the O-order multi-attack rate by R will result in an increase in A and if O < A_w then it will result in a decrease.

Adding Double Attack (Order 2) to an OA2-4 magian is anywhere from a net gain to slightly worse depending on the distribution. Some claim the distribution is as high as 2.02 but I'm relatively sure it's actually closer to 1.9 - but in this case Nabu's Jubbah also offers other stats so it's going to even out to be a net gain even if the OA2-4 magian has the high-estimate distribution

Kraken has A=3.82 so you'd need at least order 4 multi-attack (quadruple attack) to increase your average hits per round
 Leviathan.Fosco
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fosco
By Leviathan.Fosco 2013-04-18 12:31:10  
Cerberus.Corphish said: »
Hmmm, so Ghillie is the best ears for Realm? Not MND earrings?

Unless you have minuets or chaos roll or something silly. Plus side: cheap!
So for Realm, the acc/att > TP bonus from Moonshade?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-18 12:37:53  
Realm is accuracy varies with TP!
 Leviathan.Fosco
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fosco
By Leviathan.Fosco 2013-04-18 19:30:29  
Which means what, exactly? Greater TP = greater accuracy? And since we're generally not WSing at 300%, at the TP at which we normally WS we need more accuracy?

ETA: I've spent most of my life as a mage, so I'm still learning the nuances of the DD side of things.

ETA 2.0: and by mage I clearly mean "not hitting things basically ever".
 Cerberus.Corphish
By Cerberus.Corphish 2013-04-18 19:38:16  
My best guess is on things WHMs should be attacking (lower end content, pizza party reives) we shouldn't need accuracy, therefore TP bonus earring isn't really helping Realmrazer (reiterating that accuracy is boosted with higher TP on this particular WS), save for the supposed atk+4 augment.

Hexa is a different story, where higher TP means a better chance at criticals on hits.

...I guess, anyway.
 Lakshmi.Tadakichi
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Tadakichi 2013-04-25 10:58:37  

Oh, I know of 2-3 linkshells that do revamped sea events like Neo-Limbus ^^ they are out there on Lakshmi.
By Voren 2013-04-28 15:02:44  
I've seen some nice sets for /NIN, but my wife doesn't like to technically DD, but wants the relic hammer and to be able to survive if things go south. I was considering this for her

ItemSet 298854

She's got a great set up for cures, just looking for something on those "oh crap mob's coming for me and DD/Tank are down" moments.